CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

+69
MahoganyCurls
Raytay
Mak
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
HAMPTONSFNST
nobelle
prettybrowneyes66
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Intelligentbeauty
DvaAuNaturel
KurlyK
CurlsGalore
prymd95
bklynmama1
MsJay1121
MelOhSoDivine
BajanPrincess82
Benea Curly's
Tamren
dajewel
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
PanaR3dd
Curlz of Luv
Karyn
natural83
oooop2
AdriEm
Ameenah
Yellagirlcurls
KreyolKatt
lucky7
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
blondie
truet
raina
LaToya28
NewlyNina
Russet
elleeccentric
naturalmommyGA
bholmes87
newcurlieque
MomnWife
tiffytaffey
Muz
Erica5417
ChrsLvsBks
lumii
~JOME~
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
natural_nance
LadyMika
COASTIE
cdawnlujan
MsChris8
tiashaunteƩ
jamaicanmecurly
popsbaby
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Hollis
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
CrissyQ
73 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 4 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th March 2010, 12:38 pm

I only remember getting pressed hair a couple of times. I had a relaxer at age 9.

Did anyone inspire you to go natural?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 4 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 12:39 pm

Yes!!! My bestie inspired me.

Have you inspired someone to go natural?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 20th March 2010, 3:09 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:No I haven't inspired anyone to go natural - but I get a lot of questions and compliments especially from clear people.

How has going natural changed your relationship with your SO or DH - if you don't have either - what about your family and friends?

I am too weak!!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 20th March 2010, 3:12 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Yes!!! My bestie inspired me.

Have you inspired someone to go natural?

Not that I know of.

What made you go natural?
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Benea Curly's 20th March 2010, 3:42 pm

I wanted to see my natural hair texture

can you give us a shea butter mixture recipe?

Last edited by Benea Curly's on 20th March 2010, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Benea Curly's

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 3:46 pm

Shea butter, EVOO, EVCO, and castor oil.

What's the longest you've gone without washing your hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th March 2010, 4:15 pm

Two weeks (then I learned to love the co-wash, now I do it every few days lol).

Do you have Hand in Hair disease?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 20th March 2010, 4:25 pm

Yes...The only time I don't keep my HIH is when I have twistouts. So lately I've been wearing t/os more often.

Would you be natural and choose for your child to have a perm for convenience sake? If so, why? If not, why not?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th March 2010, 4:27 pm

NO. I would never relax my child's hair because I have never had a relaxer. My mom always said "a relaxer will make your hair fall out" and although I'm grown, I believe it to this day!

How long are you willing to spend on perfecting a hairstyle? Would you stand in the mirror for hours to get it right?
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by MelOhSoDivine 20th March 2010, 4:33 pm

Well after hours my arms would probably fall off lol. But the longest I've spent was about an hour and a half maybe to get some twists just the way I wanted them.What's the biggest mistake you've made while natural?
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 20th March 2010, 8:31 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:it would be tiashauntee i think i have some curl envy when it comes to her hair and i want to touch it lol..plus my godson is like in love with her...
Do you ever wish you would have done a long term transition instead of the BC?
Aww that is too sweet! Thank you! Tia loves the kids!

The biggest mistake I have made is trying treatments just because it seems like everyone is doing them. My hair loves simplicity!

What is one natural hair myth that you despise?
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 20th March 2010, 8:43 pm

That black hair can't grow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had waist length relaxed hair during junior year in high school WITHOUT weave, but others insisted that it was a weave or that I was mixed for it to be that long. I was like "if you stop coloring your hair three times a week and throwing tracks in it everyday, YOUR HAIR WILL GROW TOO!!". And I STILL go through that crap on occasion.

Do you listen to music when you style your hair? Cuz, me and Gyspy are always listening to SOMETHING. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 20th March 2010, 8:46 pm

No, I don't...maybe I should though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How do you feel about "bad" ingredients like mineral oil and petroleum?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 20th March 2010, 9:47 pm

I am still in the learning stage. I feel if your hair likes hem then why not.

Do you compliment other naturals when you see them?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 20th March 2010, 10:01 pm

Yep, well at least my friends on FB I do, I don't really stop strangers, but I did tell a couple I liked their hair when I was in the grocery store once Smile

What's your favorite hair accessory?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 20th March 2010, 10:08 pm

Flowers!!!! Faux or fresh! They're just so feminine!

What's your Go-to hair style?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 20th March 2010, 10:16 pm

My go-to hair style is twistouts! What do you do when you have a bad hair day?
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 10:26 pm

I roll like it's a good hair day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you stand up or sit down when you are styling you hair in a style that takes an hour or more to do? ex. two strand twist
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 20th March 2010, 10:44 pm

A little bit of both! Sometimes I'll sit down and rest my elbows on the sink countertop while I twist because my arms get sooo tired! How do you minimize shrinkage when doing two strand twists?
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 10:47 pm

I do my two strand twist on dry hair to reduce the shrinkage.

How do you handle negative comments about your hair? Do you just let it slide or do you say something to the person?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 20th March 2010, 11:46 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I do my two strand twist on dry hair to reduce the shrinkage.

How do you handle negative comments about your hair? Do you just let it slide or do you say something to the person?

I've never had a negative comment about my hair. I've heard others make comments about other naturals, and I had to school them!

Did you BC or transition and why?
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffytaffey 21st March 2010, 12:27 am

Both I transitioned for 2 months and BC'd.....I had some built up emotions and just BC'd and I felt so much better.

Who is your natural hair idol???
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by MelOhSoDivine 21st March 2010, 12:50 am

My natural hair idol is rusticbeauty on Youtube. I LOVE HER HAIR. Even though I'll never have her hair type she's still my idol lol.
What's the most expensive product you've purchased since you've been natural?
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by prymd95 21st March 2010, 1:52 am

The most expensive product has been the Kinky Curly Custard products but they seem to work for my hair. I love how it brings out the natural curls in my girls' hair. What are the best products you use to combat frizzy hair especially with braid outs?

prymd95

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 21st March 2010, 9:56 am

I like Oyinhandmade's Honey Hemp conditioner. I have frizzy hair and that has worked well for me sometimes I add some of the Sammy's curl creme with the burnt sugar pomade on my ends and I'm usually good!

When doing a braid out or twist out what is the best way to hide your parts from where you separated to make the braids or twists?
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next