CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Dye Question....Please help

3 posters

Go down

Hair Dye Question....Please help Empty Hair Dye Question....Please help

Post by freebird07 19th October 2010, 4:04 pm

Hi Ladies, I so love Curly Nikki's site, I know I can come here with any of my natural hair questions....?? I decided to get a weave for a while for a protective style, I have been natural for a little over 2 yrs. After getting my hair weaved and getting out in the natural light I discovered that the color of the weave is not blending well with my hair color, it's a little too brown. (my hair is darker) the stylist told me that we can dye the hair if I want to; However it's already sewn in, cut and styled....and the hair cost way too much to just take it out and start over. She is assuring me that they can brush the color (dye) on the weaved hair and not apply any to my natural hair which is in braids and rinse it out without it really affecting my natural hair, I know it will come in contact with my natural hair in the rinse process, but I've never had put any chemicals in my hair since I've been natural, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm considering just asking her if we can take the weaved hair out, dye it, then sew it back in ? Please share your thoughts. Neutral

Thanks in advance for any responses !

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Hair Dye Question....Please help Empty Re: Hair Dye Question....Please help

Post by LittleOne 3rd November 2010, 7:43 pm

That's a tough question Freebird07! You may have already made a decision, but it would be safer to remove the hair, dye it, and put it back in.

If that's not possible, it would be best if your stylist uses a semipermanent or temporary (not permanent) dye.

HTH or at least that everything turned out ok. Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 3rd November 2010, 8:09 pm

Sew ins are expensive....what about trying Naturtint from Whole Foods on the weave hair? Its an all natural hair dye made from plants....I recently colored over my highlights with it and it worked pretty good....this way if it got on your hair it wouldnt be all bad!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down