CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

+69
MahoganyCurls
Raytay
Mak
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
HAMPTONSFNST
nobelle
prettybrowneyes66
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Intelligentbeauty
DvaAuNaturel
KurlyK
CurlsGalore
prymd95
bklynmama1
MsJay1121
MelOhSoDivine
BajanPrincess82
Benea Curly's
Tamren
dajewel
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
PanaR3dd
Curlz of Luv
Karyn
natural83
oooop2
AdriEm
Ameenah
Yellagirlcurls
KreyolKatt
lucky7
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
blondie
truet
raina
LaToya28
NewlyNina
Russet
elleeccentric
naturalmommyGA
bholmes87
newcurlieque
MomnWife
tiffytaffey
Muz
Erica5417
ChrsLvsBks
lumii
~JOME~
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
natural_nance
LadyMika
COASTIE
cdawnlujan
MsChris8
tiashaunteƩ
jamaicanmecurly
popsbaby
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Hollis
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
CrissyQ
73 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 6 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by bklynmama1 22nd March 2010, 11:12 pm

Henna, I know absolutely nothing about it!

What's in your spray bottle?
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 6 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by bholmes87 22nd March 2010, 11:17 pm

Water, infusium 23, Nexxus Humectress conditioner, V05 Strawberries and Cream conditioner, glycerin, extra virgin olive oil, Hot 6 oil.

What hairstyle takes you the longest to complete? (including setting and drying and all that jazz)
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd March 2010, 12:22 am

wearing my hair straight takes the longest and i have given that up for a while...

what (if anything) was your biggest challenge with your natural hair and how have you overcome it?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 23rd March 2010, 1:04 am

Recently its split ends and breakage. I have tried everything but so far no help.
Whats your dream length?
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by MelOhSoDivine 23rd March 2010, 3:12 am

My dream length is mid-back length.
Do you sometimes go to places JUST to show off your hair? (i'm so guilty of this)
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 23rd March 2010, 3:17 am

Not really lol
do u find yourself trying to convert permies?
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd March 2010, 5:17 am

No, I don't think I'll ever actively try to convert anyone. However, I'll share as much knowledge as they are willing to hear. I hope that others are inspired to wear their hair in its natural state because of me though.

Did you always like your hair's texture? Or did you have to learn to like it?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd March 2010, 5:24 am

I'm a 4b. It takes some getting used to. But my Creator made no mistakes. And I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. All that aside tho, the more I look in the mirror and the little kinks and curls, I fall more in love. My hair is unique only to me. And that's what I love the most.

What do you think is the biggest challenge being natural?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd March 2010, 10:49 pm

I think the biggest challenge of being natural is knowing & growing with your hair, and also learning about YOUR hair! What works for one head may not do the same for another...so its very important to get familiar with your own! There is so much to learn such as knowing what works & what doesn't! However, once that is achieved, its pretty simple from there! But its still important to keep up/change up the hair regimen every now and then.

Question: On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, how would you rate your hair and why?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd March 2010, 11:46 pm

I would have to rate Roxie (my hair's name) at an 8 and that's only because I still have a few things to learn....

And look at my avatar!!! Roxie is HOT!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Question: If you had to go back and transition all over again, what would you do different, if anything?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak 24th March 2010, 12:42 am

I'd Big Chop. I've transitioned three times and I've always opted for the long grow out of up to two years.

What would you say to someone who was thinking about going natural?
Mak
Mak

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 24th March 2010, 12:53 am

Go for it!!!!! It can be a challenge, but the journey is fun and a learning experience!

Shampooing over co-washing is controversial for some? How do you feel about it? Are you a shampooer or strictly a co-washer?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 24th March 2010, 10:40 am

I do both. I shampoo only when I feel like I need to. Probably, twice a month.

How much time do you spend on your hair in an average week?? (I'm almost scared to calculate!)
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 10:48 am

Raytay wrote:I do both. I shampoo only when I feel like I need to. Probably, twice a month.

How much time do you spend on your hair in an average week?? (I'm almost scared to calculate!)

lol!

Hmmm great question! About 12 hours a day! I know, I know, that is bad..my husband told me this morning I have an obsession. Sue me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..lol!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Question: Do you have dreams about your hair or new products?
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 24th March 2010, 11:10 am

Definately.. I dreamt somemtime ago that I had this huuuge afro.. and I mean realy huge
Can't wait for the day to come [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What goal do you want to archieve with your hair in the next 6 months?
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th March 2010, 11:14 am

I would like to reach SL, become proficient at many different styles, and have much thicker edges.

Are you children relaxed? If not, will you ever allow them to get relaxers?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 24th March 2010, 11:39 am

My girls are 4 and 3 and they are all natural...and I don't plan to ever, ever, ever relax their hair. Once their adults then that's on them but I always tell them to love yourself just the way GOD made you!

Does being natural in the workplace hinder?
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 11:47 am

Not in my workplace, I'm a graduate student/graduate assistant in political science/women studies. I think the fro actually gives me some credibility, lol.

Do you have a maximum amount that you are willing to spend on any one hair product?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th March 2010, 11:55 am

$10. Anything more than that, and I start getting shopper's regret (and my bank account screams bloody murder).

What do you use to define your curls?
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 24th March 2010, 6:07 pm

When I'm in a wash n go mood (which is usually when I'm running late for work [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) I use EcoStyler Gel.

Question: What has having natural hair taught you about yourself?
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th March 2010, 6:53 pm

I've learned that I am A-OK with me...the good, the bad (I'm working on), and the ugly (I've gotten better here-LOL)!

If you could have one fellow CurlyNikki poster's hair for one day, who would it be and why?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th March 2010, 7:05 pm

Ms. Lynnieluve!! Sorry Lynnie, you'd be bald for a day girlfriend LOL. I just love the thickness and length of her hair. It's perfect!!

What's the best compliment you've every gotten about your hair?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 24th March 2010, 8:15 pm

The best compliment is when a friend, family member, co-worker, or perfect stranger tells me they are inspired to go natural, because they see the beauty in my afro-textured hair! That says it all!

What was the most intimidating thing you had overcome when you made the decision to go natural?
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th March 2010, 9:22 pm

The most intimidating thing I had to overcome was sporting my TWA at work the day after I BC'd. I didn't plan on wearing my hair out and to be honest I was nervous. I keep my appearance and conduct at work very professional and was worried about people's reactions. But I got over that real quick [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I know my performance and my results are what TRULY matter.

What do you think you have spent on hair products since going natural (if you are a new natural) or in the past year, if you have been natural for awhile?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 10:15 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Ms. Lynnieluve!! Sorry Lynnie, you'd be bald for a day girlfriend LOL. I just love the thickness and length of her hair. It's perfect!!

Awww.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Latoya, I'll take your hair for a day....I miss my hair being short.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next