CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question about 3c hair

4 posters

Go down

A question about 3c hair Empty A question about 3c hair

Post by Amadea Jr 21st October 2010, 2:44 pm

Hey!

Ok, I understand the hair typing system which just categorizes the size and shape of the curl pattern. So I know that my friend and I both have 3c curls. They are identical patterns and curls except that when my hair dries it's a curly fro and when her hair dries it falls down. What about us is causing this? And could I ever get my hair to fall without processing it?

This is me on the left (my little sis on the right)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my friend (I'm sorry I can't find a better picture, she straightens her hair all the time!)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Her curls are actually tighter that they look in the picture, I think this was taken shortly after it was straightened and then wetted with water
Amadea Jr
Amadea Jr

Back to top Go down

A question about 3c hair Empty Re: A question about 3c hair

Post by tiashaunteé 21st October 2010, 2:54 pm

Her hair may fall because she is straightening it all the time. It's possible that her curls are becoming heat trained and that is causing the curl to be somewhat limp and fall into place. This is just a theory - I have no way of knowing without actually seeing her regimen or feeling her hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st October 2010, 3:08 pm

Going from the picture alone, I would say your hair is more dense than your friend’s. Your hair also looks as if it is cut in layers---voluminous hair. While your friend may just be able to cleanse and apply a styler and/or moisturizer. You may need more. If interested in achieving hair that falls, let me know. My hair is dense and my curl sizes range from loose “s” waves (crown) to pencil sized spirals (most other areas). My styles vary based on the products and techniques used. I can achieve both your look, your sister’s and friend’s with the right products and techniques.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st October 2010, 3:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I can achieve both your look, your sister’s and friend’s with the right products and techniques.

That's because you have skills! Very Happy
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 21st October 2010, 4:32 pm

@Chrs- who did your makeup? Its soooo cute. Im kinda jealous right now.

Now, back to the topic- I agree with all of the above. Your friend's hair does not look anywhere near as thick/dense as your hair. That may be why hers can lay flat (and still be curly) and yours puffs out (you have more curly hair that sits onto of each other).

but in the 1st pic, your hair doesnt seem to be all that poofy. It looks like its hanging to me. I think its cute. This is poofy hair----> afro

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st October 2010, 4:39 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:I can achieve both your look, your sister’s and friend’s with the right products and techniques.

That's because you have skills! Very Happy
Thank you Tia! You know I admire your skills Wink .

KCC09 wrote:@Chrs- who did your makeup? Its soooo cute. Im kinda jealous right now.

Now, back to the topic- I agree with all of the above. Your friend's hair does not look anywhere near as thick/dense as your hair. That may be why hers can lay flat (and still be curly) and yours puffs out (you have more curly hair that sits onto of each other).

but in the 1st pic, your hair doesnt seem to be all that poofy. It looks like its hanging to me. I think its cute. This is poofy hair----> afro
@KCC, I am proud to say, I do my own makeup. I've grown a lot from my first attempts. YouTube has been a marvelous source. Also check out the Makeup thread in the forums under Skin Care. There are manytalented ladies. We learn from one another.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down