CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

+69
MahoganyCurls
Raytay
Mak
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
HAMPTONSFNST
nobelle
prettybrowneyes66
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Intelligentbeauty
DvaAuNaturel
KurlyK
CurlsGalore
prymd95
bklynmama1
MsJay1121
MelOhSoDivine
BajanPrincess82
Benea Curly's
Tamren
dajewel
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
PanaR3dd
Curlz of Luv
Karyn
natural83
oooop2
AdriEm
Ameenah
Yellagirlcurls
KreyolKatt
lucky7
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
blondie
truet
raina
LaToya28
NewlyNina
Russet
elleeccentric
naturalmommyGA
bholmes87
newcurlieque
MomnWife
tiffytaffey
Muz
Erica5417
ChrsLvsBks
lumii
~JOME~
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
natural_nance
LadyMika
COASTIE
cdawnlujan
MsChris8
tiashaunteƩ
jamaicanmecurly
popsbaby
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Hollis
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
CrissyQ
73 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 7 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 10:16 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:The most intimidating thing I had to overcome was sporting my TWA at work the day after I BC'd. I didn't plan on wearing my hair out and to be honest I was nervous. I keep my appearance and conduct at work very professional and was worried about people's reactions. But I got over that real quick [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I know my performance and my results are what TRULY matter.

What do you think you have spent on hair products since going natural (if you are a new natural) or in the past year, if you have been natural for awhile?

I've been natural 7 months and I know I have spent $500 or more on hair products.

Almost forgot to add a question...

What advice would you give to a transitioner?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 7 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by sweetdrk1 24th March 2010, 10:18 pm

The link to Curlynikki.com

What is more important the length of your hair or the health of your hair?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 24th March 2010, 10:45 pm

The health most definitely, it goes without saying that as long as your hair is flourishing its going to grow. I abhor wispy, sporadic patches of long hair on people.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whats your favorite commercial protein treatment or homemade mixture?
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 25th March 2010, 12:50 am

My favorite would be mixing Egg, Honey,and EVOO. When I was transitioning I loved Henna n Placenta (Egg did not agree with my relaxed ends[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

What is the most important thing you have learned since choosing to become natural?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th March 2010, 4:12 am

I've learned water is my friend...after years of running from it!

Since learning better hair care, what has been the most beneficial thing you've done in your natural hair journey (i.e., henna, sealing ends, satin pillow cases, etc., etc.)?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th March 2010, 8:52 am

The most beneficial thing I have done for my hair in the past month that I have been natural since my BC on 2-25 and 8-9 mos transition is let my hair be. Just regular water and other moisturizers and very little combing except to detangle (mostly done with my fingers), no brushing, heat, etc. I know it's early but it looks strong.

What are your holy grail products...some things that if you were stranded somewhere you would HAVE to HAVE for your hair?

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 25th March 2010, 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correct typo;edit)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 25th March 2010, 10:29 am

In this order:

Water, shea butter, castor oil, coconut oil. The first 3 are a must for my hair.

Do you snap or clip your single strand knots?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th March 2010, 11:17 am

i know i should clip, but am too lazy to reach for the scissors (and am afraid of a freak accident in which i cut off all my hair). i just snap, but now am getting too lazy to do that. i just keep them in there.

how are you wearing your hair today?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 25th March 2010, 11:28 am

TWA, of course, but I'm going to attempt the side part like Solange wears sometimes...I think it's so cute!

Other than shea, do you use any other natural butters on your hair?

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 27th March 2010, 9:54 pm

No, but I'm interested in trying mango butter though.

What are two of your favorite products and why?
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 27th March 2010, 9:57 pm

Castor Oil and Shea Butter, my hair was super dry before I started using these!

How much growth have you seen in the past 3 months?
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 10:05 pm

I dont know how to measure my hair (only picture comparisons) so I will say an amount I am happy with. LOL!!!

Do you think your will ever do locs?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 27th March 2010, 10:10 pm

No I don't think I will loc...well on purpose.

How often do you trim?
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 28th March 2010, 2:39 pm

I trim my hair when the ends look bad or I start to get alot of knots. Are you okay with shrinkage or does it still bother you?
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th March 2010, 3:47 pm

It only bothered me when I DIDN'T want it. But otherwise, it's just a part of the Natural life so I don't sweat it too much. Smile

What was the best compliment you've gotten on your hair so far?
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 4:11 pm

A manager in my office told me I looked absolutely stunning. I was like wow. She said my makeup and my hair were gorgeous when she saw me at a meeting. I have to say I was rocking my suit at the meeting we attended and my TWA and makeup was fly!! Laughing

What was your spouse/or family's reaction to your decision to go natural?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 28th March 2010, 4:17 pm

My mom and sister have been really supportive. Not sure about the rest of the family.

What is one style you've tried, but will never go back to again?
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th March 2010, 5:57 pm

Oooh, that's a hard one for me because I don't try too many "new" styles...I just try to do better at the ones I mainly wear, like wash-n-go's, twist outs, etc. I can say that I've learned so much since first wearing my natural hair out! Sometimes I look back at pictures and be like "What the heck was I thinking?" LOL! So its all a learning process in the life of natural hair I guess! Man, Im really trying to think though...Geeeezzzz! LOL! Let's see, I used to wear my hair pulled back a lot with an afro puff, but I haven't done that in a long time! I think I've outgrown it...not saying that I won't ever wear it again though! So yeah, that's the best answer I have for your question! LOL!

Question: (Scenario) The editor of a new, all natural hair magazine wants to feature YOU in the next upcoming issue! You are scheduled for a photo shoot to include 3 different scenes, along with 3 different outfits, makeup changes, and of course, natural hairstyles! You are provided with an expert natural hair care stylist who specializes in everything natural hair, and wants to make you look FAB for your shoot! What 3 dream hair styles would you request to have for each shoot? Feel free to include what you will wear for each shoot, along with the scenery, and your hairstyle! If you don't want to be extra, just say what your 3 dream hairstyles would be!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7