CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

+69
MahoganyCurls
Raytay
Mak
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
HAMPTONSFNST
nobelle
prettybrowneyes66
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Intelligentbeauty
DvaAuNaturel
KurlyK
CurlsGalore
prymd95
bklynmama1
MsJay1121
MelOhSoDivine
BajanPrincess82
Benea Curly's
Tamren
dajewel
deeply_rooted_chick
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
PanaR3dd
Curlz of Luv
Karyn
natural83
oooop2
AdriEm
Ameenah
Yellagirlcurls
KreyolKatt
lucky7
BlondeByDesire
TheRYL1
blondie
truet
raina
LaToya28
NewlyNina
Russet
elleeccentric
naturalmommyGA
bholmes87
newcurlieque
MomnWife
tiffytaffey
Muz
Erica5417
ChrsLvsBks
lumii
~JOME~
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
natural_nance
LadyMika
COASTIE
cdawnlujan
MsChris8
tiashaunteé
jamaicanmecurly
popsbaby
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Hollis
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
CrissyQ
73 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 5 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by MsChris8 21st March 2010, 11:44 am

I run my fingers through my roots and take them about 1/3 of the way down the length of my hair. Then I shake my hair to get maximum fullness.

How do you keep the ends of your hair healthy?
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair? - Page 5 Empty Re: Question Game....Just ask the person under you a question about their hair?

Post by elleeccentric 21st March 2010, 11:46 am

Thats still a work in progress but i use my butter mix to seal in moisture.

What is your favorite conditioner for co-washes and detangling?
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st March 2010, 12:09 pm

I really am starting to love Aussie Moist Conditioner more and more.

Were you a long term or short-term (less than 6 mths) transitioner?
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MelOhSoDivine 21st March 2010, 2:36 pm

Long term, I transitioned for 10 months. Tell us about your avatar picture. Smile
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 21st March 2010, 5:40 pm

I was in Puerto Rico so I decided to let my hair be free Smile How to you combat spilt ends and breakage??
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st March 2010, 7:18 pm

Damping bunning, moisturizing & sealing, and keep my ends protected from clothing and dry air.

Before you shampoo, how long do you pre-poo?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 21st March 2010, 7:26 pm

I pre-poo between 30 min to a hour.

What's the one product that you've always wanted to try, but haven't?
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st March 2010, 8:26 pm

Tamren wrote:I pre-poo between 30 min to a hour.

What's the one product that you've always wanted to try, but haven't?

Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

How did you establish your regimen/natural hair care routine and how long did it take to find your staples and get the routine down?

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 21st March 2010, 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd March 2010, 2:28 am

Well, I am still trying to find products. As far as regimen, I love treatments so I give myself a henna, alma, or bentonite clay treatment followed by a DC every week. I cowash in between with a prepoo of whatever oil tickles my fancy that day.

WHAT IS THE ONE PRODUCT FOR YOUR HAIR YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 22nd March 2010, 9:48 am

Shea butter, my hair is pretty dry and the lighter oils don't keep it moisturized enough.

Would you relax your hair for $100,000 (you'd be allowed to re transition/bc afterwards)
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 22nd March 2010, 9:54 am

hahahaha.....I'd have to say no.....to me that's one of those "Indecent Proposals" things.....plus my last perm turned out like Tina Turners first...hair falling out by the chunks.... pale

How do u feel about some of these companies capitalizing on the natural community...selling their products for $25 and upwards?
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrowneyes66 22nd March 2010, 10:17 am

Its a shame! Its almost as bad as the clothing industry. People are paying for names vs the quality. Brands like Oyin and My Honey Child make quality products for less. Then you have other lines who charge an arm and a leg and their products are mediocre.

What are your favorite spring/summer products and styles?

Last edited by prettybrowneyes66 on 22nd March 2010, 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
prettybrowneyes66
prettybrowneyes66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 11:10 am

My favorite spring/summer products are Oyin Handmade products....Honey Hemp Condish, whipped pudding, shine and define and greg juice. I've only been natural 7 months and I wear twist/twist outs all the time.

What's your favorite co wash conditioner?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MelOhSoDivine 22nd March 2010, 11:18 am

Aussie Moist of course. Smile

What did you do to your hair today?
MelOhSoDivine
MelOhSoDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by nobelle 22nd March 2010, 11:31 am

Today I plan to just fluff my 3-day old twist-out... No fuss here!

On day 1, I washed and twisted with ABBA Pure Gentle leave-in and ORS Lock and Twist Gel.

What's your signature style?
nobelle
nobelle

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrowneyes66 22nd March 2010, 11:55 am

For now, wash and go.

What's your favorite DC?
prettybrowneyes66
prettybrowneyes66

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 22nd March 2010, 12:09 pm

I don't have a favorite. For now, Lustrasilk's Shea Butter Cholestrol w/ Mango does the job. I'll add some EVOO or whatever is within reach to it. No complaints.

Have you ever been stereotyped b/c of your hair?
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd March 2010, 12:11 pm

I haven't but my hubby has...he las locs and he gets greeted as a Rasta almost every time we go to cultural events.

Do you still use an old school product that you are almost ashamed to admit to using?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd March 2010, 12:34 pm

No, once I decided to transition and researched, I understood the importance to develop a regimen for this different texture of hair.

How long have you been natural/transitioning for and what inspired you to begin this journey?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 22nd March 2010, 12:42 pm

I've been transitioning since June of 2008. I was inspired by my co-worker. I've always wanted to go natural but getting my hair cut ear length helped me get started.

what's your way of combating dry hair?
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 22nd March 2010, 9:29 pm

Twisting on damp hair w/ my shea butter mix.

How often do you take pics of your hair?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd March 2010, 9:30 pm

oooop2 wrote:Twisting on damp hair w/ my shea butter mix.

Everytime I style it or when I think it is looking fly!!

Who is your hair idol/inspiration on this forum?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd March 2010, 10:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
oooop2 wrote:Twisting on damp hair w/ my shea butter mix.

Everytime I style it or when I think it is looking fly!!

Who is your hair idol/inspiration on this forum?

I would have to say ChrsLvsBks...her hair is gorgeous.

What is the one thing you know now that you wish you would have known when you first started your natural journey?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by prymd95 22nd March 2010, 11:09 pm

I wish I had known more about the products that I have in my kitchen cabinet that work as well as some of the over priced stuff you find in the stores. What has been the craziest thing you have used in your hair since going natural?

prymd95

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd March 2010, 11:11 pm

Nothing really, I am pretty basic

What treatments are you intimidated by?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next