CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about my hair

3 posters

Go down

Question about my hair Empty Question about my hair

Post by Renny 11th June 2010, 8:14 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have a question about my hair. I'm a transitioner. 12 months since the last relaxer, but I'd say at 50% of my hair is still relaxer. I wore my hair out today - just wash and go after cowashing this morning. I've read about transitioning hair having two textures but since this morning's wash I don't have two. My hair is the same all over my head. I have shrinkage like crazy. My head is tight to my head like an afro. When I pull the sides and back it's down to my shoulders. It wasn't like that prior to cowashing and putting my products in this morning. Here are pictures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][img][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Does this happen alot? I've been putting my products in for almost two weeks. The only thing I did different today was cowash. Could it be the shampoo?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Question about my hair Empty Re: Question about my hair

Post by mrsrenaissance 11th June 2010, 11:26 pm

We're transitioning buddies! My last relaxer was April '09 too. I haven't tried a wash & go so I'm not sure if I would have the same results (& what you're experiencing is normal). I'm thinking your relaxed ends are just tangled so it's hard to see the different textures right now. If you were to wash/cowash & apply conditioner the 2 textures would probably be visible again.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 12th June 2010, 12:12 am

Some parts of your hair could be hiding the textures, if you stretched it out, you may see it. The other thing is the relaxed hair is probably looking damaged and taking on a frizzy texture at this point so it may look like it's apart of your hair but it's just blending in very well.

Just looking at the first photo I see frizzy relaxed ends and not afro-textured hair but I could be wrong. This is just my opinion. Don't be alarmed your hair is still there. Razz

As for your products, you have to find what gives your hair the style you're looking for.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 13th June 2010, 1:15 am

You were right Ms. Renaissance. I oiled my scalp last night, put large plaits in and didn't take them out until late this evening to do a twist out and after I wet and moisturized the two textures were clearly defined.

Thanks ladies!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 13th June 2010, 9:41 pm

Glad you figured out a solution! Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down