CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by swoodward 21st October 2010, 11:40 pm

can't wait for my hair to grow to try these!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 25th October 2010, 1:58 pm

Hey Curlies!

I put my hair in twists. Because looking at my own hairstyle montage I missed putting my hair in twist of pinned up styles. But then i realized why I strated wearing twistouts more or buns. It seems like my hair gets mor tanlges and in knots on the end of my twist because my ends coil, twist, turn, roll up in knots as soon as I gt finished twisting it. So i thin i may need to start doing the Twist in Curl to help and maintain those ends. It looks like I won't be making buttocks length my december, right now my hair is about an inch above my belly button. So I am making plans to Color, Straighten and trim my ends in December it will be a year i have used no heat in my hair. I am really proud. Since I have been a high heat, press it with the straightening comb, then flat iron it, then curl it surprised I don't have heat damage .

I want to color it like this
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Kelis_10

This whole experience as taught me haow to take care of my daughter's hair, and also help my cousin and her daughters while they transititon. My cousin wanted me to BC her last weekend but I told her look do it when you ready. I will even out the back for you but I don't want you to be mad at me if you weren't really ready. So i told her I will do it for her next week. I how it comes out good.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Purple11

Last edited by npmoore04 on 25th October 2010, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot picture)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th October 2010, 5:22 pm

title change
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th October 2010, 6:00 pm

I am coming off the red and trying brown for a while - i am gonna henna though because my root's show through so fast I don;t want to get stuck in a color loop. Ever since I saw Jennifer Hudson's new haircolor, I am so hooked~!!! I just got 2 bundles of Butter-n-Bars cocoa brown mix. Can you say happyhappy?

good luck with the growth. It seems to be you are going a fantastic job. I am definitely a fan!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st November 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey Curlies!!

I am ready to take out my itchy twist but until then the twists are pinned up and tuck under my curly wig Nikki! People always ask how long did it take you to do your hair this time? my response ummm 2 minutes, this isn't my hair. And then the inspecting begins...lol I love the versatility of our hair but i also love the fact that when i don't have time or really want a quick new look with out experimenting on my own hair I can go and purchase a curly wig and play with it as I choose. I've always look at wigs as an accessory like a hat, I don't have the paitience for weaves and extensions, so besides a wig for protective styling I would throw my hair in a bun. But seeing my hair like this makes me want to cut it even more. But i have so many other plans for my hair right now, color and straighten and trim it next month. (I haven't reached my goal length yet before I cut those ten inches off)

My look for today
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Hallow10

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st November 2010, 3:07 pm

Love the wig! Get it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 1st November 2010, 3:45 pm

Nikki looks great!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 1st November 2010, 8:35 pm

it's cute!!! I agree, weaves are a bit more work. I am scared too because 1. If I did it myself I would screw up and would do something too tight and 2. I can't afford one put in by a pro! Wigs are much cheaper.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 2nd November 2010, 8:11 am

Super cute !!!
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd November 2010, 11:36 am

I agree Nikki is too cute! Love the avi, at first I thought you had done a tnc.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th November 2010, 1:08 pm

Nikki is adorable!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th November 2010, 1:27 pm

Thank You ladies!!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th November 2010, 3:15 pm

Happy Monday Curlies!!

This weekend I Big Chopped my cousin's hair! She took pics to keep her own hair journey, but I didn't she didn't want to post them. But she has been transitioning for 8 months and she pulled an Angela Basset on me (from waiting to exhale) by telling me if I didn't cut it she would do it herself so I went over her house bearing hair goodies and some eco styler and some moisture instructions and a satin scarf. As I snipped away her straight ends I felt like i was Big Chopping also. I asked her how did it fell she said it was weird cause her hair felt lighter, her daughters had jokes saying she looks like she should be in the movie I'm gonna get you sucka! (kids) But her iniatial reaction was OMG I have a small afro! but she has a decent amount of growth about the bottom of her neck stretched so I flat twisted the front and did two strand twist in the back. She looks lovely with hopefully i will be posting pics soon!

As for me I an in the process of taking down my twists so ia m still protective styled with Nikki.

NOTE to self: You can not keep in twist for over 2 weeks it results in too many SSK's and tangles. My hair coils and curls up on its on when I twist it. water and oil helps with loosend the tangles up but it is very tedious to take out.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 3:40 pm

Nikki is cute!! Great protective style. Sometimes I wish I was a "wig person"
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 9th November 2010, 8:58 pm

Just wanted to say...I like your headband in your avi
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th November 2010, 9:10 pm

i made it by buying about 1/4 of a yard of cotton material in the nursery/baby print section at JoAnn's folded in half and sewed the ends together and added a flower clip for that extra touch. i love the DIY accessories!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th November 2010, 9:15 pm

npmoore04 wrote:i made it by buying about 1/4 of a yard of cotton material in the nursery/baby print section at JoAnn's folded in half and sewed the ends together and added a flower clip for that extra touch. i love the DIY accessories!

I need to go to the fabric store. Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th November 2010, 9:25 pm

ummm can i request a pic of ur hair STRETCHED Shocked and u wanna grow it to ur butt??? i'll just live through you cuz im NOT gonna make it, lol.

congrats on ur cousin's bc! its definitely an adjustment but she's in good hands.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th November 2010, 9:29 pm

I will take a pic tonight. I am taking down my twist tonight maybe mini me can do it or hubby. I tried using the reflecton on the mirror but my angle was off.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th November 2010, 2:45 pm

Morning ladies!

The twist that have been in my head for about 2 weeks are out and time for a length check going through my journal I've never taken a picture of one so here some past pics

This was October 2009 last time i went to the salon I got a trim and my bangs cut I think the back was BSL straightened
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Img65010
January 2010 (beginning of my no heat journey) this is just a wash n go (i had no clue what to do with my hair so i wore it like this for a month or 2) People thought I lost my mind beacaue I always wore my hair straight or in a bun.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Img00612
November 2010
Unstretched (twist just taken out)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Length11

Stretched back view
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Length12
some hair on the side view
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Length13
my bangs 1 year later
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Length14

Hair after steam hit it int he shower in a low puff (no product)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Length15
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th November 2010, 3:29 pm

How tall are you? I have a long waist (I'm 5'9) so it will probably take me 4 yrs to get to hip length. LOL!!!

If you had to guess, how long do you think it took you to get to this length? That's a LOT of HAIR!!! afro
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th November 2010, 3:43 pm

I am gonna say about 8 years that is the last I cut my hair in the back out side of trims and cutting bangs on ocassion. I am only 5'3.

this was november 2002 when i started growing my hair we got engaged a few months later and I wanted my hair long for my weddingNikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Img01510

this was our 4 year wedding anniversary in march 2008 (hair pressed and flat ironed but all natural) I would only wear my hair out on ocassion but majority of the time (80%) kept it in buns. I got trims about every 3 - 4 months or as I notice split ends.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Dscf9211
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th November 2010, 5:12 pm

Your length is amazing and your hair is beautiful. Loving Nikki!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 12th November 2010, 10:05 pm

i. hate. you.

(seething with jealousy)

How awesome is that hair!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th November 2010, 2:57 pm

Hey Ladies,

I did some bantu knots and a bantu knot out on sunday morning. Earlier this year (March 2010) I did an awesome knot out.Very Happy But I don't remember what I did? scratch
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Bantu12
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Img00712

this is the bantus and the knot out i did this weekend
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Bantuk10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 11 Bantuk11

After looking at the pictures, I noticed I did more bantu knots in the earlier set on wet hair and only used mixed chick leave in conditioner. And I kept the earlier set in longer about 3 days so that my hair was fully dry.

This set I did on damp hair (misted with spray bottle of water, tea tree oil and olive oil and and few squirts of mixed chicks leave in) and I only left them in over night ony about 7 hours. and when i took them down my hair was still damp. Rolling Eyes

Next time I will make them smaller that will probably help with drying time and geting more of the curl i desired. When you have thick long hair unfortunately it just takes more time to dry your hair. Either I sit under the dryer for over an hour or it take a couple of days for it to naturally dry especially at the roots.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next