CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

5 posters

Go down

Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by naturallyfreeMD2B 4th October 2010, 12:40 am

Ok so I just watched a video on how to shingle using Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding but I was wondering has anyone tried it with the SM Smoothie? I really don't want to spend that much money on the curly pudding when I've heard mixed reviews from different people. If the curl enhancing smoothie will work fine I'll use that. Just by watching the video, they seem to have the same consistency so I was hoping someone else has tried it with good results...Anyone???

naturallyfreeMD2B

Back to top Go down

Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by freckledmom4 4th October 2010, 4:37 pm

How did it work?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shingling using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by naturallyfreeMD2B 5th October 2010, 12:48 pm

Well I haven't tried it yet because I wanted to see if anyone has had success using it. I'll probably try doing it by the end of the week so I'll let you know how it goes! Wink

naturallyfreeMD2B

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 2:23 pm

I use SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie all the time for a wash and go and it works perfect for me. It leave my hair soft and moisturized and I get pretty good definition with it. Here's an photo from June when I used it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nothing is in my hair except KCKT and SheaMoisture Smoothie and I sealed with olive oil/coconut oil.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyfreeMD2B 5th October 2010, 2:27 pm

@ Newcurlieque - Your hair looks really good! I hope I get that much curl definition when I try it for the shingling. I have been using Silk Elements Liquid gel with Ecostyler for my wash and go's and I LOVE IT!!

naturallyfreeMD2B

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 2:38 pm

Thx lol....I started out using Eco but I just got tired of using gel, no particular reason. When I saw the smoothie in Target I decided to give it a try. I don't get as much hold as I would with gel but it's ok I don't mind. Sometimes a want a softer look.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 6th October 2010, 3:48 pm

I have shingled with the SM Smoothie, and it give great moisture and soft curls, just not a lot of definition. I just tried shingling with the smoothie and IC gel and the two are awesome together. Still soft due to the smoothie but great definition!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th October 2010, 3:58 pm

I just tried shingling with DB coiling gelly and SM smoothie. My hair looks great and feels soft and silky, but I'm wondering if I'll have to redo the whole thing tomorrow. Do you have to cowash and shinle everyday or can you refresh with water?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 8th October 2010, 4:08 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I just tried shingling with DB coiling gelly and SM smoothie. My hair looks great and feels soft and silky, but I'm wondering if I'll have to redo the whole thing tomorrow. Do you have to cowash and shinle everyday or can you refresh with water?

I just run my head under the shower for a few seconds or spritz with a water bottle and BAM that's it.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th October 2010, 6:32 pm

Okay thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural 9th October 2010, 9:54 pm

Exactly how do you shingle your hair?
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyfreeMD2B 10th October 2010, 1:30 pm

Well I tried the Shingling with the SM Smoothie and it wasn't what I expected. On top of that, this morning my hair was a mess and I had to just do a wash-n-go so I could make it to church on time. I guess I won't be trying that anymore. Like others said, my hair was really soft but the definition wasn't there. Also, I think I may have used too much product because some white residue was left in my hair. I tried to follow the steps just how they do on the Miss Jessies video tutorial and they use a lot of product but it didn't work for me. No

naturallyfreeMD2B

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th October 2010, 9:04 pm

Shaynatural wrote:Exactly how do you shingle your hair?

Shingling is applying product to small sections of hair and finger raking or combing it through to distribute the product.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down