CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by SisterBoyd 11th January 2011, 8:44 pm

Wow! This is such a great cause! And I'm so impressed by the brother who donated.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2011, 5:04 pm

I'm impressed - no cut since 2004 - that's amazing. I love your story and your hair. Thanks for sharing.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 14th January 2011, 1:04 am

I love your hair! Smile

I think it is awesome that you are growing for Locks of Love. I have known many people who do this and they always say how wonderful they feel afterwards. Smile
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th January 2011, 2:50 pm

Hey Nikcoils!

Wow...look at you...lookin' good as you wanna look (Martin, of course)!
;-)

Q: Where is this sytlist? I'm willing to drive all over Cali for a decent cut from one who knows curls. Please let me know!

So...if I keep the scissors out of my head and moisturize consistently...Imma have waist-length hair! That's what I read...and I'm sticking with it! LMAO cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th January 2011, 3:39 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Nikcoils!

Wow...look at you...lookin' good as you wanna look (Martin, of course)!
;-)

Q: Where is this sytlist? I'm willing to drive all over Cali for a decent cut from one who knows curls. Please let me know!

So...if I keep the scissors out of my head and moisturize consistently...Imma have waist-length hair! That's what I read...and I'm sticking with it! LMAO cheers

LOL and keep your hands out yo hair, but you've been doing great with your twist.

My stylist name is Richard is the BOMB! Has worked with all types of kinks and curls and loves what he does. It right off the 110 at the end of the freeway in downtown pasadena.

Salon Sessions
112 South De Lacey Avenue
Pasadena, California 91105
Phone
626 795 8856
contact@salonsessions.com
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th January 2011, 3:57 pm

Yeah, that "hand in fro" disease is a killer! ;-0

Thanks for the scoop...I'll be calling him soon!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 14th January 2011, 11:01 pm

wow love the hair. love the cause. six years huh? How long was your hair when you started the no cut process. I been thinking about the donation for a long time but was always dicourage til i found this site that my hair will never grow that long. You have truly motivated me to go for it and i thank you.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 2:46 pm

Nik, your hair is gorgeous. And straight- just as gorgeous! I mean, WOW! Someone posted a jaw dropping smiley and I had to agree! Great cause and great care of your hair, with no regiment to speak of! Love it!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th January 2011, 3:05 pm

Hey Ladies!

I am so ready to go back to my curls! Sheesh! Now I remember why I stopped straightening it my hair just get's all over the place when it's down, plus I began working out this week and to my surprise most of my hair is still straight except the nape area of my hair which is beginnig to revert. I am realizing shrinkage is my friend. But my hair has always been naturally oily. Which from past experiences of it being straight my stylist would never have to apply oil sheen afterwards because my hair would be crazy oil by day 3. I am happy yo say that I think I am super over my hair being straight every where. I haven't pulled out my flat iron to re flat iron the sections that have began to revert. The funniest comment I've gotten is my own family asking if this was me because i looked different. Mind you I've only worn my hair in it natural state this past year. Plus is it me or when you straighten you hair you start to see all these cute natural styles you want to try? Shoot I even saw some cute natural cuts. But I am trying to hold out til June til I make the cut.

Saturday will make 2 weeks of being straight and we have a luncheon to attend I think Friday night i will either throw my curlformers in on this straightness (i think they may not fit) or Twist it and do a twist out on my straight hair suggestions Ladies?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 20th January 2011, 3:28 pm

You are such a giving person. God is going to truly bless you for your sacrafice. Thanks for sharing and your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Your could twist your hair into a single twist then wrap your hair around itself to make waves. You could make bantu knots. You could do a braid out. So many options but those are the ones that popped in my mind when I read you were looking to do something different with your hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th January 2011, 8:12 pm

OMG!!! affraid Your hair is GAWG-EOUS!!!! I think that is awesome you are giving to locks of love!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 4:28 am

how short are u goin when u donate? and was that ur initial intentions to grow it long in the first place?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st January 2011, 8:00 am

I think your hair is Gorgeous, and to donate it as a beautiful and caring thing to do. I don't have any suggestions on how your should style your hair for your weekend plans, but I can't wait to see what you come up with.

You family asking if you were yourself straight....priceless!!!

Looking good Nikcoils, looking good girl!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 12:07 am

Ain't family somethin? LOL

Put it on flexi rods...that would be pretty! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 22nd January 2011, 2:44 am

WOW!!! Your hair looks great and I think its amazing that you're donating to locks of love. Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 24th January 2011, 5:10 am

I like the bantu knot suggestion or twist and curl on straight hair...or pin curl it.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th January 2011, 2:46 pm

NubieNatty wrote:how short are u goin when u donate? and was that ur initial intentions to grow it long in the first place?

I didn't decide to donate until about 2 years ago. I was inspired by my cousin who did it. I want to donate about 12 inches so I want to cut my hair shoulderlength/APL stretched. My hair haven't been this long since I was 10yrs old. So I honestly wanted to see how long it could get this past year if I stopped applying heat to my hair (like when i was younger, my mom would wash and condition my hair and put it in 2 ponytails braids and let it air dry. I currently do my own daughters hair like that. And my hair seems to appreciate the low manipulaton. Another friend just donated her hair to a different program called Pantene Women and it is for Women with Cancer and they allow you to donate a minimum of 8 inches. And I figure if I am gonna cut it why throw it away when it can go to good use. God blessed me with healthy hair and I rather give to someone has the desire for hair and lost it due to illness that is out of their control.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 4:27 pm

WOOOOOOOW!!!! I have no words right now! I'm speechless! I will say I'm proud of you for doing something so noble. I think that is awesome! This is six years of growth??? I'm inspired and encouraged. I hope to be there in the next 3 years. AMAZING!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2011, 4:37 pm

Hey Nikcoils,

I have a question. So when you donate your hair it will be straight, right? So when they wet, it's gonna shrink back up. So are they gonna make a curly fro wig with the hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th February 2011, 8:17 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey Nikcoils,

I have a question. So when you donate your hair it will be straight, right? So when they wet, it's gonna shrink back up. So are they gonna make a curly fro wig with the hair?

It does have to be straight when you donate it for all curly types. they do use 6 to 8 ponytails to make one wig and they insert each strand by hand. My donations would be mixed with other donations of the same color. Not sure if something is done in the manufacturing state for the hair to remain straight. And I know about 2 inches of the hair is inserted in the cap. so the need it as stretched as possible. Because on the donation form they don't ask if your hair is curly.

Hey Ladies!!

I am awful. I still have not washed my hair, I've been wearing it in a bun and took it down today for a side ponytail.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Sidepo10

Recent Purchases:

I did bite the bullet and bought a Tangle Teaser and some of that Morrocan Arogon Oil Ecostyler (on Sale at Sally's for $2.99 for 32 ounces) I am gonna twist my stretched hair with it just to get a feel for it. I used the Tangle Teaser on my mini me hair this morning on lightliy spritzed hair to re twist her ponytails and she didn't cry at all...shoot she even said Mommy I'm not crying while you comb my hair with that funny brush. I would say it is a keeper for the no tears from her alone!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th February 2011, 9:11 pm

Yayyy!!! For the tangle teaser!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd February 2011, 5:26 pm

Hey Ladies!

I did a twist out using the Argon oil EcoStyler I must say I like it. I twisted my freshly washed damp hair on about 8 twist. And untwist the next mornig with EVCO. and pinned up the front half. I also used that Tangle Teezer on my mane...oh lawd it was oh so easy to go through my hair and yal know I have a bunch.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Halfpi10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Curlsr10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 14 Curlsr11

Last edited by Nikcoils on 28th February 2011, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics didn't show)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th February 2011, 1:11 am

Hey Nik!

The Tangle Teezer got you, too, huh? LOL

I think it's better for thicker hair. Does that make sense? LOL But it does make the in-shower detangle session a breeze!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 2:46 am

when are u goin back to ur curly? ur starting to inspire me to grow mine back for the cause Sad just dont know if i'll have the patience with it once it gets long again, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next