CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by TheRYL1 25th September 2010, 3:25 am

I'll have to try that Target and the one at the Fox Hills Malls (I mean Westfield, blah, blah, blah...whatever they call it now)...LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 27th September 2010, 2:51 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:I'll have to try that Target and the one at the Fox Hills Malls (I mean Westfield, blah, blah, blah...whatever they call it now)...LOL

It will always be Fox Hills to me. It doesn't even feel the same since the remodel. Shoot since they took out the clock tower it hasn't been the same. LOL
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th September 2010, 3:14 pm

Happy Monday!!!

Last night I put my lovely extra long and narrow curlformers in despite the fact we are have 100 degree weather in Cali. I am so happy I bought these cause the time to put them in was less than an hour and all of my hair fit. If the weather was cooler I would comb them out but I am a sweater so I will pull them apart tomorrow. So I am lil shirley temple black today.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Curlfo10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th September 2010, 11:31 am

Love those curls!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th September 2010, 1:04 pm

i had peeped the sexy avi n was sayin...i better find her thread. i love em! besides the fact u look younger, they look really good. so are they easy to use or what? they look so complicated scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th September 2010, 1:30 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i had peeped the sexy avi n was sayin...i better find her thread. i love em! besides the fact u look younger, they look really good. so are they easy to use or what? they look so complicated scratch

Super easy. because all you have to do prior is detangle, wash and codition and then apply with some styling foam. I sat under my dryer for about 20 minutes and them slept in them but they were fully dry in the morning. I also thought they would be hard to figure out but after watching a variety of YT vids with all types of hair types from white to hispanic to black (type 3 - 4z) and they all having this the same result and using a small amount of product water and setting lotion. I don't think they are uncomfortable to sleep in I actually slept on my back and thought awww man they are gonna be flat in the morning. But to my surprise when I took the rollers out they were curled to perfection. Yesterday LA hit 113 degrees record (hasn't been that hot wince 1887) breaking earthquake weather for sure. But thanks to me being in A/C 90 percent of the day my curls stayed in tack but today i am looking for bigger hair so i will be seperating them at work.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 28th September 2010, 2:22 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:I'll have to try that Target and the one at the Fox Hills Malls (I mean Westfield, blah, blah, blah...whatever they call it now)...LOL

It will always be Fox Hills to me. It doesn't even feel the same since the remodel. Shoot since they took out the clock tower it hasn't been the same. LOL

LOL...I thought I was the only one who missed that maze in the middle! I used to love that thing...something is missing without it! LOL

Werk them curlformers, gurrl! Lookin' good in your avi! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th September 2010, 2:36 pm

you are really making me want to break out my 15 percent sally's coupon to get my second salon kit!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 28th September 2010, 9:53 pm

oh what lovely hair you hair! those curls are gorgeous. i want to try curlformers one day but i really think i wont figure it out. it looks so confusing and i am not very patient lol
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 29th September 2010, 11:03 pm

quick stop - YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 30th September 2010, 12:34 am

npmoore40 your hair looks beautiful!! What styling foam did you use? I did my first flexirod set this weekend and used Jane Carter Wrap and Roll for the first time. I think I would like the curlformers for uniformity. I was thinking the drying time would be shorter than any other type roller because of how they are made. My hair is so thick, it takes so long to dry and since it is getting cooler I want to get a better game plan for my hair.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th September 2010, 3:20 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:npmoore40 your hair looks beautiful!! What styling foam did you use? I did my first flexirod set this weekend and used Jane Carter Wrap and Roll for the first time. I think I would like the curlformers for uniformity. I was thinking the drying time would be shorter than any other type roller because of how they are made. My hair is so thick, it takes so long to dry and since it is getting cooler I want to get a better game plan for my hair.

My hair is thick as well which is why the flexirods and perms roller take way too much time to dry and I don't have to sit under a dryer (iwould only sit under the dryer if I wanted it to be dry in less than a couple of hours to go somewhere that day/night) and they don't hurt to sleep in i actually slept on my back and thought i was gonna flatten the curl in the curlformer but it still came out dry and curled. I used Elasta QP styling foam it is alcohol free and has coconut oil, avocado oil and one oil in it so. whn you hair dries there are no flakes and it isn't sticky at all. You can find it at Sally's for about 5 bucks.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th September 2010, 3:21 pm

swoodward wrote:quick stop - YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks swoodward---saw your post on hair envy it was a good read.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 30th September 2010, 9:18 pm

Elasta QP is a name I keep hearing. I will have to look into their ingredients. I was wondering how long does your set usually last and how do you maintain it? Does it transition into another style for you?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st October 2010, 1:43 pm

I am on day 5 currently and i have them in a high curly pony. and the older they get the more i start to pin them up. To maintain them i just wear a satin bonnet to sleep take them out in the morning and shake and go.

these are some prior pics of them i've worn in the past
Day 2
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Curlfo11
Day 3
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Curlfo12
Day 7 ( i pinned them up on the sides)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 10 Curlfo13

After about a week ( i take them down by just sppitzing them with water and combing them out)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st October 2010, 2:13 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Elasta QP is a name I keep hearing. I will have to look into their ingredients. I was wondering how long does your set usually last and how do you maintain it? Does it transition into another style for you?

And their ingredients are great, the foam is very moisturizing it has Olive oil, Avocado oil and cocnut oil in it. So the week I am wear my hair in the curls it maintains the shine with out having to reapply any product.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st October 2010, 10:32 pm

Hey NP,
I saw your avi in another thread and had to come by and tell you how awesome your hair looks. The curlformers are the bomb - your curls look fabulous!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st October 2010, 11:27 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Elasta QP is a name I keep hearing. I will have to look into their ingredients. I was wondering how long does your set usually last and how do you maintain it? Does it transition into another style for you?

And their ingredients are great, the foam is very moisturizing it has Olive oil, Avocado oil and cocnut oil in it. So the week I am wear my hair in the curls it maintains the shine with out having to reapply any product.

I will look into the Elasta and I think I will try the curlformers out soon. I like the idea of great looking hair with minimum manipulation. I see Amazon sells it.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 3rd October 2010, 10:55 am

npmoore04 wrote:
swoodward wrote:quick stop - YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks swoodward---saw your post on hair envy it was a good read.

thanks NPM, the post was really about the automatic compliment about straight hair. I don't envy my friends hair even though I admire it. I guess subconsciously I was tired of the ugly stepchild feeling I got.

I can testify to this one. my goodness this stuff is effective and not drying.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd October 2010, 3:55 pm

Hey NPM...

I've been seeing your avatar in other threads and I've been making my way over here...took me a minute. I'm all caught up on your thread and I must say that curly look is too cute on you.

I've seen curlformers at Sally's so I'm going to get a few at a time. I have Jane Carters Wrap and Roll foam...So I hope that will work when I decide to to a roller set or try curlformers.

I use to use Elasta QP when I was relaxed. Good to know that was a great product then and as I try to detach from online purchases I'll have to keep that line in mine!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th October 2010, 7:42 pm

Hey Curlies still pretty busy with work. Been twisted up or bunned up. I am ready to get more creative with my 2 strand twsit after making a lil video montage of my hairstyles enjoy!

Hairstyles I've done between July 2010 and October 2010
[youtube]