CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 15 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 23rd March 2011, 4:38 pm

Sheesh I've lurking on CN but I haven't post in a while....

So yesterday I decided to twist my hair up in smedium twist. I really want to do so small or minitwist. But being a mom, wife, full time worker, and trying to start my own lil business...time is not on my side for that. So I call myself trying to twist my hair 8 pm last night and I have not done this in months...ugh I was tired by 10:30 and only half way done with my hair. So i was told mysefl..."Self you gonna wake up early at 5:30am and finish these twist so that you don't go to work with a half head done. Fast Forward to this morning...woke up late well i kept hitting the snooze button. And now i sit at work looking like a before and after comparison picture...ugh and to makes matters worst i had to go to a meeting I didn't know about this morning. Sad

I might take a picture during my lunch ...maybe. If not I will post the completed look tomorrow.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 15 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 24th March 2011, 6:15 pm

Hey All I am twisted up and um they look the same I can't stand my smedium twist. I mean my hair is longer but shrinkage takes a hold of my twist and my hair in general, i guess no mater how long my hair gets stretched it will always be shoulder length dry

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 15 Twist214

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 15 Twist213

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 15 Twist212
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th March 2011, 8:06 pm

I think it looks good. Some ppl take a bobby pin and pin the twist at the roots so it won't shrink so much. Maybe you could try that. Also, alot of ppl twist on dry hair. Bueno suerte!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th March 2011, 3:44 am

I LIKE THE TWISTS TOO. I WILL TAKE SHOULDER LENGTH TWISTS... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th March 2011, 1:00 pm

Hey Ladies,

June will be here before I know it and I've been thinking about Shingling my hair during the summer...I've never done it before. So I need pointers and tips on maintenance. Because when ever I see vids on it Shingling seems like it takes a while to do and that it is a one day only hair style. So as you knw my hair is pretty long so this will probably be a style I will do once I make my donation to lots of love this summer....I am actually getting kind of anxious bounce

So let me know what products, gels, techniques tips you use to shingle and can you maintain it for more than one day and if so how?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 25th March 2011, 2:01 pm

Loving yr Twist
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th March 2011, 2:34 pm

Nikcoils wrote:Hey Ladies,

June will be here before I know it and I've been thinking about Shingling my hair during the summer...I've never done it before. So I need pointers and tips on maintenance. Because when ever I see vids on it Shingling seems like it takes a while to do and that it is a one day only hair style. So as you knw my hair is pretty long so this will probably be a style I will do once I make my donation to lots of love this summer....I am actually getting kind of anxious bounce

So let me know what products, gels, techniques tips you use to shingle and can you maintain it for more than one day and if so how?

I want to shingling this summer as well. I saw a video on YT and I really liked that method. I'll check to see if I saved it in my favorites...it was by PhillyDiva and she only did her bangs, but I like how she did it. She only used EcoStyler Gel, and her style lasted a few days. I'll post it in your thread tonight.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 28th March 2011, 1:51 pm

Thanks Ladies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2011, 2:25 pm

I plan to use Summyr1988's technique to achieve a wash n go style. She use gel. Her style lasted a week. It's a 3 part video.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 28th March 2011, 4:40 pm

Hey Nik!

How you doin?

I'm loving your twists...they look good!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th March 2011, 4:56 pm

I was going to share tips on how I do my shingling. I even thought of making a video. But then I saw Summyr1988's video like Lynn suggested. That's EXACTLY how I do mine. So, I'd say that's a good tutorial to start with.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Summyr1988#p/u/61/xxC5S-FqXxI
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15