CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Neems 15th November 2010, 5:16 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Hey Ladies,

I did some bantu knots and a bantu knot out on sunday morning. Earlier this year (March 2010) I did an awesome knot out.Very Happy But I don't remember what I did? scratch
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Bantu12
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Img00712

this is the bantus and the knot out i did this weekend
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Bantuk10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Bantuk11

Omg, I did bantu knots this weekend too. My family calls them chiney bumps though and mother does not consider it a hair style. It's just something to do after you wash your hair, lol. I didn't use a gel so by the end of a night of dancing my hair was looking a bit crazy.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 15th November 2010, 5:20 pm

Right now my hair looks a fees like a fluffy cloud. which is not what i was going for but i still wore it to work

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Bantuk12
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 16th November 2010, 12:04 am

Fluffy clouds are fun Smile
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 10:08 am

You look great!! I hope you had a happy thanksgiving!! Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th November 2010, 11:50 pm

Great job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th November 2010, 2:16 am

Oh yeah, I wanted to say I love your avi and I plan on ripping that style off real soon, lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st December 2010, 12:39 am

Hey NP! I can't wait until I have a fluffy cloud! LoL

My mom used to knot my hair like that after washing, when I was little. I used to like them, but I could never go outside like that back then. SMH. Now I look forward to doing so! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd December 2010, 3:19 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I am still in twist under my half wig. I actually got a new one a couple of weeks ago call LaTosha by Outre for $19.99 at my local beauty supply store.

Riddle me this why do majority of the wigs seem to have half of my family names (i.e Keisha, Sharita, Latosha, etc) where is the Ella Mae Wig, the Susan Wig, The Heather Wig, Beth wig, they wear fake hair as much as we do now a days.

I've been PS because January 3rd I will be straightening, coloring and triming my hair. I already made the appointment I haven't been to a shop in years and it is a new stylist but I trust him cause he does alot of my inlaws hair and they are all natural. It will be a year that i have been using no heat styles this year which is a big step for me since I have been a pressing comb and flat iron combo since I began transitioning over 9 years ago. I am sure my ends need some major clipping. I've Busy Crocheting away that I haven't had much time to spend as much time on my hair. Plus my mini me will be 5 on Saturday and she is having a slumber party....LAWD help me!

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd December 2010, 3:31 pm

Nikcoils...that's cute. Yeah so why are all the wigs named after use...I'll tell you why. Because they want to be us!! LOL

Just stopping by to say hi!! **waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd December 2010, 4:10 pm

lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd December 2010, 6:22 pm

Hey Nik! I like the new name.

LoL @KNH... they want to be us or they know "us" will be the majority of the people buying them! Very Happy

My coworker's little girl just turned 6 and they had a slumber party. He was drained when he came back sooooooo GOOD LUCK! Laughing
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd December 2010, 10:53 pm

Love the new name and that bantu knot out is pretty!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd December 2010, 4:06 pm

Hey Nik!

I've become a PS believer. The time I was unable to do my hair was so beneficial for it! I'm twisted up now! ;-)

I can't wait to see your hair in Jan. I may have to check that guy out!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd December 2010, 4:15 pm

I like the new name.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd December 2010, 4:40 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Nikcoils...that's cute. Yeah so why are all the wigs named after use...I'll tell you why. Because they want to be us!! LOL

Just stopping by to say hi!! **waving**

Girl you know they can't come up with the names we make up. I saw a wig named Alexis i just laughed.

jlowman1 wrote:Hey Nik! I like the new name.

LoL @KNH... they want to be us or they know "us" will be the majority of the people buying them! Very Happy

My coworker's little girl just turned 6 and they had a slumber party. He was drained when he came back sooooooo GOOD LUCK! Laughing

poeticlyspkng wrote:Love the new name and that bantu knot out is pretty!

My real name is Nikco so I wanted user name more relatable to the former was my email prefix. I figured Nikco + coils= Nikcoils

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Nik!

I've become a PS believer. The time I was unable to do my hair was so beneficial for it! I'm twisted up now! ;-)

I can't wait to see your hair in Jan. I may have to check that guy out!

Man RYL1, PS is all I did prior to wearing my hair with no heat I would take 4 hours washing, blow dry, press, flat iron, and then put it in a bun. Even though it is still growing I think it grew faster when I wasn't messing with it as much.

CrissyQ wrote:I like the new name.
Thanks Crissy!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th December 2010, 1:50 am

Just saying hello
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 5:43 am

Hey Nik,

I love the avi and the new name.

That bantu knot out and fluff cloud was so cute!! Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 3:30 pm

Hey Nik!!! Seems were all making a few changes around here! Love the BK and BKO!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th December 2010, 10:14 pm

FunkyHairChic wrote:Hey Nik!!! Seems were all making a few changes around here! Love the BK and BKO!!!

Thanks! Your New name is so fitting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Monday Ladies!

1 more day and I will be on VACATION until January 2011!! Can't wait! Gonna wash and deep condition and do ________ to my hair this week.The blank space is because I am in a styling rut. I would flat iron it myself but I already have a hair appointment for January 2 to have that done and the extra color and trim. So give me some suggestions ladies! Help me fill in the blank for something to my hair for a couple of weeks plus I will be on vacation and it is 80 degrees out here in Southern Cali!

Hair dilema for mini me: Her Christmas Program is tomorrow and they are doing the nativity scene. The teacher requested all girls wear their hair down and no pony tails. I don't think they realize my childs hair does not go down it goes up and that i don't put heat in her hair to make it lay down. oh great! Maybe Curlformers>>>nope to time concuming for a 5 yr old. I just don't know what to do. I might be a rebel and put her hair in a low pony. Cause if they are wearing a head covering that should be enough.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th December 2010, 10:17 pm

Topic change
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:57 pm

I think a roller set would be a cute for her. It's simple and not an updo. Plus, roller sets are adorable on little girls.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th December 2010, 1:14 pm

I was thinking a low bun would be cute.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th December 2010, 5:14 pm

My child is tenderhead as all get out. I mean I finger detangle which takes FOREVER but i am gentle she doesn't like my water spray bottle she prefers me to put the water in my hand from under the faucet scratch So i gave up at 11:30pm i was tired of the crying and whining and wiggling. So the one section i was able detangle I put in one braid and told her to go to bed. Mini Me and won this hair battle. Fast Forward to this morning 6am mini me is still sleep so I ended up braiding her hair in about 7 large braids so that i can do a braid out this evening for her program (it isn't until 6pm). SO my 5 yr old looks in the mirror with the biggest frown and said mom Miss Debbie said I have to wear my hair down. This isn't down all the kids are gonna laugh at me. I had to convince her that she was beautiful and that the kids were not going to laugh at her right outside her school before walking in. But I know kids can be cruel. And when i walked her in class all of the lil girls had there hair down except her. I kinda felt bad that my child is already comparing herself to others but i really hate the hair requirement for the NATIVITY SCENE at her school. Um the only woman there was MARY and my daughter has a narator role. So I really just don't get it. SO i hav some gel and a sparkly red headband to put on her twistout I will share pics later.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th January 2011, 6:19 pm

Hey Ladies!!!

I've been on vacation since Dec 15th so i've been so lazy at home with my family that i had to take a cyber break. But I am back. I happy to say I finally did somewhat of a frohawk or fauxhawk. Unfortunately i still haven't straightened and colored my hair but that is on the calendar for this Saturday! Stylist failed to tell me he changed salons Rolling Eyes SO we will attempt to do this again this weekend. I will try to post pics of the faux hawk soon below!

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 12 Fauxha10

Last edited by Nikcoils on 4th January 2011, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 6:25 pm

Ok I will come back to see pics of the latest style! HNY
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next