CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by NubieNatty 4th January 2011, 10:50 pm

welcome back! i was missin u on the makeup thread wonderin....where is npmo scratch u come back for the new years wit a new name, new do, new attitude FRESH off of vacay (so jealous) but happy new year!!

loooove the avi, u did a good job!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th January 2011, 9:25 am

lOVE THE AVI Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th January 2011, 9:27 am

Okay.....I've been looking at your thread trying to figure out who in the world is NikCoils! Then I was looking at your avatar and I was like "I don't know who this is, but her hair is awesome!" Then I went back a few pages to check and see if this was the first time I had been to your house!!

Can you imagine how embarrassed I was when I realized that it was NPMO? Embarassed

Girl I love, love, love your fauxhawk...you don't even look like the same person!!! SMH......all of these changes; I can't keep up, but change for you is sooo good!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 2:03 am

Hey ladies!

I got my hair pressed and flat ironed and dyed yesterday and wow! My hair is so healthy and shiny. Hopefully it last atleast two weeks pic coming soon. It has been a full year with no heat in my hair I am so proud. My hair is bone straight and is at waistlength after trimming my ends. Only about 3 inches from my buttocks which is my goal before I cut my hair to donate to locks of love. I watched a film on locks of love today on ondemand through time Warner and I am even more encouraged to keep growing. Because I know there is a low amount of donations with African American hair. But there are plenty of children with aloprecia and leukemia or other ailments that cause them to loose their hair.

I am loving the two tone color can't wait to see what it looks like with my curls.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 10th January 2011, 11:17 am

Wow, I can't wait to see pics ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th January 2011, 3:10 pm

Why you teasing us with topic name and then have no pictures?!?! Yay for healthy hair. Looking forward to pictures.

Hoping all is well.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 4:08 pm

The stylist used Bumble and Bumble products on my hair. I may be in love with how they make my hair feel. And he suggested their curl definer for coarse hair for when I want to wear it curly. He loves doing natural hair and loves big hair so glad we were on the same page. I think it is called curlicious by Bumble and Bumble. But my hair is so silky straight that hubby even asked how did he get it so straight with out putting a perm on it. He just double conditioned me (because of the added color) but lawd have mercy it felt good to get the treat of someone else detangling and do my do! I think I will incorporate straightening every 6 months. with my hair this long it is difficult and very time consuming to get as straight as i like it. Total time to get my hair complete 4 and 1/2 hours. (I was the only client he was working on from start to finish) so just imagine how it takes ME to do it at home with a 5 year old that wants me to play with her, read with her etc.

STRAIGHT!!!! Front View

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Straig12

WAISTLENGTH AFTER MY TRIM it goes to the bottom of my belt

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Straig10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Straig11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th January 2011, 5:05 pm

wooooooow!! i thought about growing my hair for locks of love but errrr...uh yea!! im glad ur doin it for a great cause Very Happy ur hair is gorgeous!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th January 2011, 5:09 pm

Beautiful healthy hair!!!! Great progress & like nubie wrote, I am glad you will donate your hair to a worthy cause. If I can get my act together, I will do the same. Shucks, forget it, I claim it now. I will donate my hair to Locks of Love once I reach WL. This will likely be in 2013 or 2014. I want all my hair to be WL or at least 75% of it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 5:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful healthy hair!!!! Great progress & like nubie wrote, I am glad you will donate your hair to a worthy cause. If I can get my act together, I will do the same. Shucks, forget it, I claim it now. I will donate my hair to Locks of Love once I reach WL. This will likely be in 2013 or 2014. I want all my hair to be WL or at least 75% of it.

You can do it! Now the hard part is coaxing hubby to get over me eventually cutting my hair. lol Men!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 10th January 2011, 5:18 pm

Wow! Beautiful! Congrats on your progress.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th January 2011, 5:45 pm

Omg it's absolutely beautiful! And I love that you are doing it for a good cause!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 10th January 2011, 6:11 pm

WOW....

I had actually contemplated donating as well.... after seeing this, I just may!!!!

your hair's GORGEOUS!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th January 2011, 6:53 pm

Ur hair is beautiful and what an awesome cause to donate to!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th January 2011, 11:05 pm

Oh wow your hair is BOMB! I can not WAIT to get to your length
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th January 2011, 11:14 pm

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Your hair looks fantastic. That's wonderful that you're donating your hair to Locks of Love.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 10th January 2011, 11:57 pm

Your hair is gorgeous...and what a great cause! cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th January 2011, 1:28 am

Gorgeous hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th January 2011, 9:48 am

Mouth wide open Shocked

Your hair is gorgoeus and such a worthy cause.

I have to go back and read your post - how long have you been growing your hair?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th January 2011, 12:39 pm

I was in awe when i saw this, I had no idea. It looks great, how long have you been growing it?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th January 2011, 2:44 pm

I haven't cut my hair (outdside of trim my ends) since 2004 when I was pregnant. I have cut some bangs every now and then. I cut bangs in Oct 2009 that was the last time I've been to a beauty salon and had my hair pressed. My bangs were at my eyebrows but now my bangs are at my shoulder. So in 2010 is when I wanted to see how my hair would act if I stopped Pressing, Blowdrying and Flat Ironing my hair I always used to wear my hair straight. So I never had the fear of heat damage actually I never heard of it til I came on CN. And it seems my hair has grown about 6 inches over this past year. And as I saw how long my hair was getting I was thinking well I wonder how long can my hair get? and my cousin grew her hair out waistlength and donated to locks of love and she is where I got my encouragement from and plus i have a relative who has had alopecia since he was 2 but is is a teenager now but as a boy growing up it is a lil easier to have a bald head but for lil girls it's a lil more difficult.

This is the craziest part: I have yet to put together a stone cold regimen UGH! I keep it very simple. I wash my hair in 4 sections (i picked this up from moptopmaven hair wash regimen) every 2 weeks. I use Vo5 moisture milks to detangle my hair prior to washing. Still washing with Mixed Chicks Shampoo until it is finished. then I apply yes to cucumbers to my damp sections and then saturate in coconut oil. Twist my sections up and pinned them and let them dry for two days before going to another style that I try and keep in for atleast 2 weeks. Even when I wear half wigs my hair is twisted in 6 to 8 sections and i moisturized my twist every night. So if you are trying to grow you hair for what ever you desire my best advice s to stay consistent in what works for your hair. And don't be afraid to try different styles but just prepare your hair the same way each time. I think your washing and conditioning regimen has a lot to do with it. and MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE. My goal is for it to touch my buttocks before I make the cut because you can donate 10 to 14 inches. so i have a few more to GO! hopefully I will reach it by June or the end of summer.

Here's the link to a photo album I created on FB show my hair growth journey.

My Locks of Love Journey
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th January 2011, 3:09 pm

Wow, this is awesome. Growing length for the cause. Wow, that is so self-less. Beautiful!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 11th January 2011, 4:12 pm

I didn't even know he donated his hair. But this shows that even some of you ladies contemplating BC number two can donate you hair doesn't have to be as long as mine. Just a lil encouragement Wink instead of your hair you are cutting anyway doesn't go in the trash. His pony measured 14 inches. cool! even though i didn't think is afro would measure that long.

locks of love donation vid
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th January 2011, 5:19 pm

there i was browsing cn, and then i saw your avi and was like "oh snap, what a nice protective style. got a nice weave in" and then i see that it was your real hair and i was all Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 13 Confused0054 lmao. you hair looks SOSOSOSOSOSO amazingly gorgeous! and that's great that you're donating it! i can't wait until my hair gets that long and healthy!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 11th January 2011, 5:25 pm

Wow! Your hair is amazing! Thanks for sharing pics and thanks for sharing the hair journey facebook pics.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next