CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteé
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 4 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by Peggy 3rd December 2009, 1:26 pm

@afrikanlatina ~ thanks doll! i will try that and report back to let you know how it's going.
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reshon30 5th December 2009, 1:35 pm

I read about the OCM and tried it out a few months ago ad i loved it! It did help to clear up my skin a lot, but then again i was also using honey/cinnamon masks and i love the herbal masks you get in the Indian grocery stores! When i stopped, i noticed some breaking out, but then again i was not drinking water ( i struggle with that) and ate a little junk food. I eat all organic so that has helped i think. When i stick with it, i see great results. But it is hard with kids running around (lol). I am back to it now though. Haven't been using the OCM, but i am doing Honey mixed with herb Manjistha and ,my skin is looking a lot better Smile
Reshon30
Reshon30

https://www.youtube.com/reshon30

Back to top Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 4 Empty Honey/Cinnamon Mask & Indian Herbs

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th December 2009, 4:31 pm

Reshon30 wrote:I read about the OCM and tried it out a few months ago ad i loved it! It did help to clear up my skin a lot, but then again i was also using honey/cinnamon masks and i love the herbal masks you get in the Indian grocery stores! When i stopped, i noticed some breaking out, but then again i was not drinking water ( i struggle with that) and ate a little junk food. I eat all organic so that has helped i think. When i stick with it, i see great results. But it is hard with kids running around (lol). I am back to it now though. Haven't been using the OCM, but i am doing Honey mixed with herb Manjistha and ,my skin is looking a lot better Smile
Please share your honey cinnamon mask mix and mixes with Indian herbs. I use neem and multani powders from the Indian stores.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reshon30 5th December 2009, 10:03 pm

Well all i do is eyeball it and make a paste with the Manjistha and the honey. I use organic raw honey to do this. The best honey to use is Manuka, but it can be pricey. I ran out so i just use regular honey now, just make sure it is raw and organic ( my personal choice!). I used the Neemtone and i fell in love with it and is what i believe to have really cleared my skin up. The store has been out so i am waiting on her to get more in now. I tried the Manjistha in the meantime and i am really liking it. You can just sprinkle Cinnamon in the honey , no certain amount. Either way it works pretty good. Hope that helps!
Reshon30
Reshon30

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 7th December 2009, 10:34 pm

i think i was forgetting a step in the OCM which might have caused the mild breakout...

i would forget to splash cold water on my face to close my pores after the steamed cloth that opened them.

idk, maybe that was it.
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reshon30 7th December 2009, 11:32 pm

Well i notice a little bit of breaking out myself, thought it was just me! I have stopped and started using the herbal powders from the Indian groceries. I love them and they are cheap and all natural!
Reshon30
Reshon30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 9th December 2009, 6:54 pm

Okay i am totally interested in trying this but I have a question? Does it work for the tiny pimples or just the big ones? Cause I have oily skin and the little pimples that are some times known to be resistent to treatment? I am definitely looking for something to help this because my skin has all of sudden changed on me. I didn't have any problems for yrs since I was in middle school. When all the other girls got breast i got pimples [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Then when i got on birth control my senior yr they were gone and now they are back and i just want them gone so if u ladies can help i would definitely appreciate it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyCurl 14th December 2009, 12:37 pm

afroness wrote:wet your nose with a little water and then put some castor oil on it b4 going to bed each night. I have the same problem and this worked for me, works great for chapped lips as well.

Afroness- thank you so much for this tip! I've done this for the past 7 days and I've noticed a big difference. My nose always peeled constantly, I did not have to touch it and it would peel like crazy! Since I've been applying castor oil to my wet nose and lips I have not peeled at all AND I've been blowing my nose over the last couple of days and my nose has remained moisturized. Thanks again for your help.
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 15th December 2009, 3:19 pm

JoyCurl wrote:
afroness wrote:wet your nose with a little water and then put some castor oil on it b4 going to bed each night. I have the same problem and this worked for me, works great for chapped lips as well.

Afroness- thank you so much for this tip! I've done this for the past 7 days and I've noticed a big difference. My nose always peeled constantly, I did not have to touch it and it would peel like crazy! Since I've been applying castor oil to my wet nose and lips I have not peeled at all AND I've been blowing my nose over the last couple of days and my nose has remained moisturized. Thanks again for your help.

I'm so glad I read this! I've always had dryness on my nose and peeling and just thought it would never go away! I'm going to try this on my nose & lips too. My lips tend to peel a lot and I have a horrible habit of picking at them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 15th December 2009, 3:22 pm

I've been doing the OCM for about 3 or 4 weeks now and I really like it. My face is a combination of dry and oily but I think it's mostly dry. The first 2 weeks I noticed some small bumps on my forehead and cheeks becoming more noticeable (I believe hormones after having my kids put them there in the 1st place) and now they have gone down a lot! Of course I haven't been drinking as much water as I should so I need to work on that. But I like this method and I will continue to use it...so glad I found out about it.

I'm also interested in trying this honey/cinnamon/herbs mask mentioned above!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th December 2009, 4:40 pm

i don't know if anyone mentioned but the Romans used olive oil to cleanse their skin when they lacked access to water.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 4 Empty Pics of Severe Acne-Watch at Own Risk

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 1:14 pm

I have used the OCM as well as my ayurvedic powders (neem, multani and lemon peel). I am happy to say my skin is looking much better. I still get breakouts but not as severe, and they are not lasting weeks, just a few days. Not to gross anyone out but here are comparison shots. I think pics help.

Before
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 18th December 2009, 5:00 pm

Lookin good Chrs!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 18th December 2009, 7:36 pm

Wow Chrs, that's impressive!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 21st December 2009, 3:00 pm

wow is right chris!
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by prymd95 21st December 2009, 10:59 pm

The oil cleansing method works really well for me especially in the winter months. My skin feels soft and smooth . It feels like a mini spa treatment every night.

prymd95

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd December 2009, 2:20 am

I've been using the OCM since it was featured on the homepage and I really like it. I'm using castor oil and olive oil on the nights that I wear make up. I love the way it removes my make up without irritating my eyes. If I'm not to tired and lazy I will follow with a little shea butter.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 22nd December 2009, 1:51 pm

Ok ladies, I have been doing the OCM for 5 weeks now. The larger pimples have subsided but now I am having the small bumps that never seem to do anything and quite a few black heads. I never had a problem with black heads.

I bought a face steamer just over a week ago (closer to 2) because I thought maybe I wasn't steaming my face enough to get the pores open. I use this while the oil is on for about 7 minutes. I generally exfoliate after removing the oil to make sure I get that deep down clean but I'm just not sure. I am getting the bumps. I have to say that I love that I am not getting the larger pimples but it irritates me to see all the little bumps.

I have even cut back to only doing the OCM every 3 to 4 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to abandon the method too soon.

Thanks to everyone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 22nd December 2009, 1:57 pm

I was going to suggest a scrub, but you're doing that. Maybe you want to look at your mixture. It could be you need to reduce the moisture oil or increase the cleaning oil. How often are you exfoliating?

...and it could be that you're still purging your pores and in a week or 2 you'll see the small pimples disappear.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by chocrose 22nd December 2009, 3:04 pm

I remember reading that this method can sometimes cause blemishes sitting under the skin that haven't surfaced yet to surface to truly clean out the skin. Maybe that's where some of the breakouts are coming from?

chocrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 22nd December 2009, 3:18 pm

Thanks SisterBoyd & chocrose. I exfoliate each time I do the OCM which is about every 3 to 4 days. Also, I expected to see a little bit of extra breakout initially but I was thinking in 5 weeks that should be done. I haven't called it a TKO yet so I will keep with the routine for another few weeks to see what happens. Changing my mixture is definitely an option, I just need to figure out which way to go. Currently I use 75% EVOO and 25% Castor Oil because in the beginning I was using 50/50 and the Castor Oil was drying my skin too much.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalpenny 2nd January 2010, 6:29 pm

The OCM sounds interesting and I would like to try it. On the days that you are not doing the OCM what are you using on your face?

Naturalpenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 7:07 pm

Naturalpenny wrote:The OCM sounds interesting and I would like to try it. On the days that you are not doing the OCM what are you using on your face?
I use neem mixed with lemon powder (both purchased at an Indian store), aloe vera gel with honey and cinnamon and Burt's Bee's scrub. I alternate among these with the gel, honey and cinnamon used less frequently.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 8th January 2010, 2:54 pm

I live by this method now. My skin feels like smooth satin since I've started this. Normally, I'll get a blemish on my chin area before and after my cycle, and I haven't seen not one since doing the OCM. I do this maybe 3-4x a week and my skin loves it!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 4:03 pm

I feel like I may have discovered something....my skin is pretty balanced and I don't get blemishes. I was curious about the oil cleansing method so I gave it a shot over a two week period (but not everyday).....my face broke out after day one and the breakouts never went away. They are gone now because I went back to my Aveeno and DuDu-Osum

Anyone else have this experience?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next