CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteƩ
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 7 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by Freeatlast41 1st May 2010, 1:45 am

Hello all, I'm a little late to the skin care party but i figured since my journey is not unusual I'd join in the fight against acne with my sisters. I started OCM last night and like a few on the thread, I woke up with a bumpy face but I refuse to give up until the end of May so my routine now is

25%Caster Oil and 75% EVOO
Mosturizing with Jojoba oil and
Honey on my dark spots.

I alternate with Black soap
Shea butter moisturizer
Honey on my dark spots.

I hope this works. I went to my Dr. and every prescription she wrote was to strong and burned my face so I am really hoping this works.

Wish me luck
Freeatlast41
Freeatlast41

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 1st May 2010, 2:09 am

Free, I never heard of honey for dark spots. I'm going to Google that right now.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 13th May 2010, 2:24 pm

I'm late to the party, too! ;-) But, as I've read more about this, and read reviews here, I think it may just help my skin.

I am SUPER SHINY...OMG! And I have a rather large forehead, so if I can cut down on the shine...I'll be good!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 13th May 2010, 6:26 pm

Ryl! You are a mess! I don't remember a big forehead girl ;p
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NubbieNaturalNik 14th May 2010, 12:18 pm

Does the OCM need to done with a mix of oils and not just one? I bought Grapeseed oil last night because I heard it had great properties. Does anyone have experience using grapeseed oil?
NubbieNaturalNik
NubbieNaturalNik

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 14th May 2010, 2:13 pm

Has anyone tried vitamin e oil for their skin? That is what I am currently using on my skin and I am seeing improvements.

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 14th May 2010, 3:36 pm

Its recommended that you use mix of oils for cleaning and moisturizing. I haven't used grapeseed oil, but if you read through the other responses you will see some feedback on it. The same with vitamin E oil. I squirt a few drops in my mixture.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by NubbieNaturalNik 14th May 2010, 3:51 pm

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by SisterBoyd Today at 12:36 pmIts
recommended that you use mix of oils for cleaning and moisturizing. I
haven't used grapeseed oil, but if you read through the other responses
you will see some feedback on it. The same with vitamin E oil. I squirt
a few drops in my mixture.

Thank you for the tip!
NubbieNaturalNik
NubbieNaturalNik

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th May 2010, 7:46 pm

I've been using the OCM this last week...I'm liking it so far. I like how my skin feels...so incredibly soft! I've used castor oil and olive oil.

There is a blog (I can't remember which) and the topic earlier this week is the OCM and it has a wealth of information...I think it's aunaturale.blogspot.com...it's au naturale...something. I'll put the correct info when I get home.

SisterBoyd...I guess I'm getting a better look at this forehead WITHOUT BANGS! Dang, it's an EIGHThead!!! Better to hold ya big brain, my dear! LMAO
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 15th May 2010, 1:56 am

ha ha ha Ryl...too funny!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 15th May 2010, 3:23 pm

Hey Ladies!

Here is the info regarding the site with a wealth of information on all types of things.

http://aunaturale007.blogspot.com/

SisterBody...hahaha...SisterBoyd, she likes to makes natural products too...you may find something useful.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 17th May 2010, 2:09 pm

Thanks I'll check her out Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd May 2010, 6:54 pm

Something I've been doing recently which had my skin clearing up really fast is instead of just holding the rag over my face to steam it, I hold my head over a bowl of water that was heated to boiling in the microwave and then cover my head with a towel. I'd do that for about 5 minutes, longer if I can stand it, and then I'd complete the method as originally described. Since I started doing that my skin has been pretty awesome. I'm down to doing the OCM once a week. Other than that I just wash my face with warm water, and occasionally I'll do a Bentonite/Honey Clay mask. I've just been using shea butter to moisturize since it's getting hotter and I can't have that AND Jojoba Oil on my face, and I think the shea butter is working better for me on its own.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 1:43 pm

Muz wrote: Something I've been doing recently which had my skin clearing up really fast is instead of just holding the rag over my face to steam it, I hold my head over a bowl of water that was heated to boiling in the microwave and then cover my head with a towel. I'd do that for about 5 minutes, longer if I can stand it, and then I'd complete the method as originally described. Since I started doing that my skin has been pretty awesome. I'm down to doing the OCM once a week. Other than that I just wash my face with warm water, and occasionally I'll do a Bentonite/Honey Clay mask. I've just been using shea butter to moisturize since it's getting hotter and I can't have that AND Jojoba Oil on my face, and I think the shea butter is working better for me on its own.
Hmm, the Huetiful steamer came with a facial steamer attachment. Do you steam before, after or with the oil on your face?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th May 2010, 2:29 pm

After with the oil on my face, before that I just follow the method's instructions.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th May 2010, 10:30 pm

I so want to try the OCM. I have adult acne and currently use Proactiv with okay results. I'm afraid that if I change up I'll end up with more breakouts due to the switch and the fact that it takes your skin 2-3 weeks or so to adjust.

I've been thinking about going to a dermatologist and/or aesthician (?sp) but would love to do it myself, at home, w/o meds.

How long did it take for your skin to adjust and show improvements/results from using the OCM.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th May 2010, 12:28 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I so want to try the OCM. I have adult acne and currently use Proactiv with okay results. I'm afraid that if I change up I'll end up with more breakouts due to the switch and the fact that it takes your skin 2-3 weeks or so to adjust.

I've been thinking about going to a dermatologist and/or aesthician (?sp) but would love to do it myself, at home, w/o meds.

How long did it take for your skin to adjust and show improvements/results from using the OCM.
It took me about two weeks, I think. When I was away from home in March, my face broke out again for another month and a half to two months. I did not have access to really hot water so I did not get that deep pore cleansing like I did at home.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th May 2010, 10:08 pm

Hey ladies, I read about this on Muz's thread and gave it a try. I must say that the one thing it did right away was clear years of blackheads from my nose. It was crazy and spooky! I keep having break outs on my right cheek for some reason. I'm thinking it's from using my concealer to hide my dark spots. Not sure but I will keep trying the ocm and maybe add a drop of vitamin e since Sister Boyd mentioned it. Is there a maximum number of times to use this method?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th May 2010, 11:00 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey ladies, I read about this on Muz's thread and gave it a try. I must say that the one thing it did right away was clear years of blackheads from my nose. It was crazy and spooky! I keep having break outs on my right cheek for some reason. I'm thinking it's from using my concealer to hide my dark spots. Not sure but I will keep trying the ocm and maybe add a drop of vitamin e since Sister Boyd mentioned it. Is there a maximum number of times to use this method?
Many suggest doing it at night no more than every other day.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 27th May 2010, 11:02 pm

I agree with doing it every other day or every 3 days.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 28th May 2010, 4:10 pm

To start out I would say every other day. I do it at night and in the morning I just wash my face with a warm washcloth and then apply a small amount of the oil that I use for the OCM to my face as a moisturizer. I've also been doing the facial scrub &toner by Bubz Beauty. I had started using maybe a month ago and then got lazy and stopped but I just made some more of both and took pictures of my face so I can document whether I see any changes or not within a month. So far so good though. I'd definitely recommend doing it at night if you are going to try it because the smell isn't so great although it wears off after a while. Smile HTH's someone!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 29th May 2010, 2:00 pm

That mask looks amazing. I have to get some green tea so I can try it.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 7 Empty trying the OCM this week

Post by CocoaDreamee 31st May 2010, 2:20 pm

Ok ladies, so I read through a ton of posts and watched a few vids on youtube about this topic. So I ran out and got my supplies! Tonight I start and I'm super hopeful that this is the solution I have been looking for all along Smile I will report back with my results. Thanks for sharing ladies!
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st June 2010, 9:16 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:To start out I would say every other day. I do it at night and in the morning I just wash my face with a warm washcloth and then apply a small amount of the oil that I use for the OCM to my face as a moisturizer. I've also been doing the facial scrub &toner by Bubz Beauty. I had started using maybe a month ago and then got lazy and stopped but I just made some more of both and took pictures of my face so I can document whether I see any changes or not within a month. So far so good though. I'd definitely recommend doing it at night if you are going to try it because the smell isn't so great although it wears off after a while. Smile HTH's someone!

Okay, so I've been doing this since the night I said I'd try it. The smell doesn't bother me, but I think I am seeing results. It can get kinda sticky sometimes, but a little of this masque goes a looooooooong way. I think it is working, if for no other reason than I'm actually exfoliating my face thanks to the sugar. I've been using raw shea butter to moisturize afterwards. And in the toner I put in more green tea because my skin can be sensitive sometimes (especially in all of this heat). So I recommend this masque to anyone really. I think this is working better for me because the OCM sometimes left my face feeling dry (probably because I was steaming all of the oil out of it). This way my face feels just as clean so I can take the OCM down to once or twice a month and do this one more regularly. Honestly, I think it's worthy of its own topic.

So I say all of that to say, it DID help and thank you VERY much for sharing Smile I already passed it on to a Soror of mine who is always having issues with her skin Smile

Oh yeah, and the smell doesn't bug me at all
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd June 2010, 7:12 pm

I have just read some really promising things about watermelon seed oil aka kalahari oil. Has anyone ever used this oils with OCM?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next