CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin?

3 posters

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin? Empty Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin?

Post by curlista 18th March 2011, 3:53 pm

I am interested in starting the OCM because I have very acne prone skin and my all over texture isn't the same. My nose and middle forehead area are always dry and often flake but the rest of my face is very oily. I think I have combination skin but I'm not sure, so this may sound silly but do I have combination or oily skin?

Last edited by curlista on 20th March 2011, 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin? Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin?

Post by curlista 18th March 2011, 3:55 pm

Mixture suggestions would be helpful as well.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin? Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method: Am I oily or combination skin?

Post by curlista 20th March 2011, 2:19 pm

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 20th March 2011, 11:24 pm

Hey Curlista,

It definitely sounds like you have combination skin. I've been doing the OCM for several weeks now. I would suggest that you mix castor oil and EVOO (or your oil of choice, I like sweet almond oil too), using more castor oil than evoo, maybe a 60/40 split. It sounds like the majority of your skin is oily. You can add a touch more oil to your dry areas after you cleanse your skin feels tight.

See how your skin looks/feels after a few oil cleanses, if it's too dry, use less castor oil, if it's too oily, use more castor oil. You kind of have to play it by ear and listen to your skin at first until you figure out what will work for you.
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 20th March 2011, 11:41 pm

Thanks for the advice nattynattie! I'll definitely try the 60/40 first.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 20th March 2011, 11:54 pm

Cool!!! I hope it works out for you...I love it so far!
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 21st March 2011, 12:34 am

Thanks. By the way, if you don't mind me asking what type of skin do you have? How has the OCM affected it?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 21st March 2011, 6:28 pm

I don't mind at all! My skin is quite oily and acne prone, sometimes I have some dry patches on my nose that peel, but it can still be oily...weird! That's why I liked what I read about the OCM, because it made sense about how commercial products can actually make your skin over produce oil.

My mix is about 70% Castor Oil 20% EVOO 10% Sweet Almond. I think I'll go all Sweet Amond next time, EVOO is ok. I mixed it all in a bottle though, so I'll wait til I need a new mix.

So far, so good. My skin does not get as oily during the day. My skin is soft, doesn't have that stripped feeling from commercial cleansers...though actually, it started to get dry after the 2nd or 3rd night...that was shocking to me! Dry skin from cleaning with oil. That's when I added the Sweet Almond Oil to my mix to make it more moisturizing.

As far as the acne goes....hmmmmm. The jury is still out. My acne has never been noticable to anyone but me, small little bumps (that drive me crazy!) and prone to a break out during that time of the month. I don't know if it's any better, but the Quality, Texture, Softness of my skin is better.

I don't need a bijillion products to correct what the last product was doing anymore (harsh wash, facial lotion, greasy face, oil mattifier for the grease, break out from all the products, etc. etc.)

nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 21st March 2011, 9:47 pm

Thanks for your response. I have acne prone skin as well so I was hoping it would help with that also. I currently use Proactiv which is fine but I've learned to use it every other day because it dries my skin out wayyy too much. But, it can be expensive and I tend not to keep up with it as I should. The OCM seems simpler to me.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 22nd March 2011, 1:43 am

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 23rd March 2011, 10:20 am

Thank you at Jo Somebody Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down