CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteé
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 3 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by NubieNatty 15th November 2009, 1:28 am

ooooh im takin notes on the eyelash growth! even my eyebrows are dmn near invisible! i aint gonna mess wit the castor for my eyebrows cuz it'll be just my luck a drop accidentally gets into my eyeball and my eye turns green and i go blind!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 15th November 2009, 4:07 pm

Nubie I wish I had taken before pictures of my eyelashes so I could show you ladies how much they have grown. I'm very pleased. If your doing your entire face with this method go ahead and massage it into those eyebrows. Just relax and keep your eyes closed while your massaging it in although I doubt you would get it in your eye, make it turn green and then go blind lol.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by chocrose 16th November 2009, 3:33 am

mojitochica wrote:Those are great questions chocrose!

1 & 2. I haven't experienced any additional hair growth, but my mixture is mostly sunflower oil.

3. I don't know. Fill us in on what you find.

4. I forgot about coconut oil's high solidity temperature (76º F). I'm thinking it would separate from the castor oil and solidify, but you could always nuke for a few seconds before you cleanse if you live in a colder climate. Although now that I think about it the coconut oil should melt once it hits your hands.

And we're nice around here. There will be no stoning!

Thanks!!!

chocrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 16th November 2009, 5:49 pm

This is all so exciting. I started the OCM three days ago. Do you normally see a bit more of a break-out before it actually clears or do you just see clearing? I haven't noticed much of a difference yet but I do love how my skin feels after the cleansing. I am still working on getting the ratios correct. I used 50% castor oil and 50% EVOO. I believe I used too much castor oil so I am going to cut it back a bit. I typically have normal to dry skin.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 17th November 2009, 2:54 pm

I've heard it go both ways Silkee...some people notice that the situation gets worse before it gets better because the skin will begin to release the yucky stuff that's in the skin. Others just notice that their skin begins to look clearer. I personally had just a few tiny white heads appear before I began noticing a difference. The difference in how my skin felt after the first OCM was immediate. My face wasn't dry and didn't feel like it had been stripped like it did when I was using commercial cleansers. Good luck finding your perfect ratio...everyone's is different.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by quake_19 18th November 2009, 11:56 am

Good Morning Ladies,

I have a question. I've been doing this method for about 4 days now, and yesterday I had two pimples appear on my face. This morning I have two whiteheads that are very prominent, is this normal? Is this my face releasing trapped oil that's been buried down? The rest of my face looks impeccable.
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 18th November 2009, 2:31 pm

wouldn't it be awesome if you could do the OCM on your entire body. That would be so relaxing...a full body massage with castor oil and olive oil, and then steaming with a hot towel.....woo! maybe it's just me, lol!
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 18th November 2009, 10:51 pm

This may sound crazy but where can I get the oils and the medicine dropper? good ones but a little cheap. I want to see how it works first.
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by MeekMonique 19th November 2009, 1:15 am

well if you live in NYC or even long island, you can find black castor oil in certain beauty supply stores. If not you can order it from www.sams247.com and other websites. Or you can just use the regular castor oil which you can get at Whole Foods. Olive oil you can get anywhere...it's just regular Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the grocery store. I don't know where you can get a medicine dropper at...i just pour it in my hand
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by niknak19 19th November 2009, 1:49 am

@chocrose Thank goodness no uni-brow LOL. But I just got my eyebrows threaded about a month ago and was telling my eyebrow lady that I wanted my eyebrows thicker. Basically I was blaming her for taking too much hair off. Anyway she said it was the lack of hair etc. Go figure. Anyway after doing this method they just got fuller. I guess the best way to describe it is like I filled them in with a pencil. I could not believe it. I still can't. Unfortunately no luck on the lashes for me. Ohh and no facial hair.
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocrose 19th November 2009, 4:56 am

niknak19 wrote:@chocrose Thank goodness no uni-brow LOL. But I just got my eyebrows threaded about a month ago and was telling my eyebrow lady that I wanted my eyebrows thicker. Basically I was blaming her for taking too much hair off. Anyway she said it was the lack of hair etc. Go figure. Anyway after doing this method they just got fuller. I guess the best way to describe it is like I filled them in with a pencil. I could not believe it. I still can't. Unfortunately no luck on the lashes for me. Ohh and no facial hair.

LOL, I'm truly glad to hear this! Hmm, but if you stop using this method, does the thickness go away?

chocrose

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroButtafly 19th November 2009, 5:23 pm

I tried this method like once twiceish.. I think I like the results. I need to do it regularly to really form an opinion

I didn't know other oils grow lashes too, I heard sweet almond oil does...but not olive or castor..thanks girlies!
AfroButtafly
AfroButtafly

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkylover! 19th November 2009, 5:46 pm

@silkee & quake I started this cleansing method almost a week ago and I'm also getting some break outs and a couple of white heads. I cleanse every night and when I wake up my face looks flawless. But by the end of the day I start seeing little bumps and stuff. so I don't know what that is about, but my skin still glows! And my face is usually dry by the end of the day but doin a OCM it now feels mosturized. So I'm hoping the breakouts are just my face/skin trying to get use to this new method.

Question: Do I still need to wash my face every few days/weeks? Do you use exfoilants (sp)? And is it better to OCM at night or in the morning? And what other oils can I use besides EVOO, this might be to heavy for my skin. And are there any oils for scars?

Thanks Ladies!

kinkylover!

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th November 2009, 6:32 pm

I tried this last night and must say.....I love love love the way my face felt this morning. It is almost 4pm and my skin is still glowing but not oily. Thanks for posting this.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 1:20 pm

kinkylover! wrote:@silkee & quake I started this cleansing method almost a week ago and I'm also getting some break outs and a couple of white heads. I cleanse every night and when I wake up my face looks flawless. But by the end of the day I start seeing little bumps and stuff. so I don't know what that is about, but my skin still glows! And my face is usually dry by the end of the day but doin a OCM it now feels mosturized. So I'm hoping the breakouts are just my face/skin trying to get use to this new method.

Question: Do I still need to wash my face every few days/weeks? Do you use exfoilants (sp)? And is it better to OCM at night or in the morning? And what other oils can I use besides EVOO, this might be to heavy for my skin. And are there any oils for scars?

Thanks Ladies!

I thought I'd copy and paste this directly from the site to be sure its explained correctly. But to sum it up and answer your question, yes some "breakouts" can be expected in some as your skin is releasing the toxins within your skin and unblocking your pores. If you do the OCM at night you don't need to do anything other than wash your face with a warm washcloth in the morning and maybe a little moisturizer(if needed). In my opinion doing an exfoliation treatment shouldn't hurt as long as its not filled with harsh chemicals. Maybe you could try an oatmeal/honey scrub. You can use any oil you want. You'll want to be sure that castor oil is one of them though. My mix is Castor Oil and Almond Oil. Smile I HTH!

"This deep cleansing method should be done regularly, but not too frequently.
You'll know if you're deep cleansing too frequently by the dryness that
your skin will exhibit. Don't be surprised if you find you've unblocked
an oil flow for the first few days. Once you remove the plugs from your
pores, they will begin functioning properly again. Perfect skin won't
happen overnight and while it should take a few massages to achieve your
goal, you should notice a huge difference in your skin after the first
deep cleansing massage. Give your skin a few days to adjust and adapt
to being clean and clear of blockages; understand that the new oil coming
from your skin is actually a good sign and will balance out very shortly.
You'll find redness and irritation subsiding. You'll find your skin losing
that "congested," and thick feeling."

"First and foremost, this is typically done in the evening, prior to bed.
There should be no need for deep cleansing in the morning if you're waking
up with skin cleansed the night before. In the morning, a quick wipe with
a warm washcloth should suffice. We don't want to overcleanse our skin
as this will serve only to irritate and cause more oil production. The
objective of using this method is to deep clean while balancing
our skins oil production at the same time."--OCM.com
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 1:21 pm

AfroButtafly wrote:I tried this method like once twiceish.. I think I like the results. I need to do it regularly to really form an opinion

I didn't know other oils grow lashes too, I heard sweet almond oil does...but not olive or castor..thanks girlies!

Castor oil is the "culprit" behind hair growth lol.

Both my eyebrows and lashes have grown since I began this method but no other facial hair . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 1:23 pm

curlyq145 wrote:This may sound crazy but where can I get the oils and the medicine dropper? good ones but a little cheap. I want to see how it works first.

I already had the glass medicine dropper in my house so I just used it. You really can just put this into any small container and pour it into your hands. You don't want to mix too much the first time anyway because it may take some trial and error to get your perfect blend.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 20th November 2009, 9:44 pm

@AfrikanLatina...wow does this really work? I'm gonna try it tomorrow. My T Zone stays sooooo oily. Where might I find a dropper?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 21st November 2009, 12:26 am

I think you can fine medicine droppers at your local vitamin shop. This is what mine looks like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
I actually just emptied out something that was in mine, cleaned it, and voila! I only put it in this because a sista on youtube mentioned that she put hers in one. Here's her video on the OCM

And yes ma'am it works. I have had issues with my skin since I was a teenager.Not super bad acne but pretty regular breakouts and oily skin.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 22nd November 2009, 1:59 am

Hello ladies I used to use oil cleansing and it worked great for my skin, now I am using Orgins by Dr Weil, here is the site for the oil cleanser
http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=300&Catalog=DHC+USA
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GrowingThere 24th November 2009, 10:56 pm

Hi Ladies,
I began using this OCM about 2 weeks ago, I even bought a facial steamer (Wal-Mart) to assist with opening up my pores...I do this every night! My skin has a glow and the blemishes are definitely fading away. I have cut back on steaming to once a week, but I only clean using the OCM and it has truly made a difference. I massage the EVOO and the Castor oil for about 6 or 7 minutes in the problem areas to make sure that the oils are actually penetrating. The other products I was using are now under the shelf... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GrowingThere
GrowingThere

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 25th November 2009, 8:27 pm

@growingthere....I tried it last saturday and I too loved the results! I think I put too much castor oil in b/c it made my skin kinda itchy and dry but my skin felt "clean" after rinsing with the oil. i'm still in awe over that! i have had some pimples to surface and I hope the next time I do it that they are all gone.
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscd 30th November 2009, 12:40 pm

I tried this last night and my skin is really soft. I still used my normal cleansing routine in the morning. But I could feel a true difference in my skin. I will definately add this to my regular pampering routine.
rosscd
rosscd

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 2nd December 2009, 4:44 pm

Ok... so breakouts are expected. Makes sense. I first heard of the OCM on CN's site and immediately tried it and loved it... but now two weeks later, I have these awkward breakouts... no black/white heads.. just a lil swollen, red, around my cheek areas, then it goes away (UBER annoying). I usually only get a pimple or two during my period but now I'm like a lil upset by this. I want to keep trying the OCM but I don't know if I should.

Aside from the breakouts, my skin is glowing and smooth. I love the OCM. So I'm wondering if my skin is just releasing toxins and unblocking my pores? And if so, how long does this period last?

Also, I've recently incorporated Cetaphil in my routine since I needed a mild cleanser.

Maybe I'll OCM a few times a week as opposed to nightly.
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 3rd December 2009, 1:23 pm

Doing the OCM nightly could be why your having a few issues with your skin. Try every other night or every third night and see how you skin responds Peggy.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next