CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteƩ
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 8 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by SisterBoyd 3rd June 2010, 3:55 pm

Femme, I never heard of it. Where do you get it?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th June 2010, 5:31 pm

You're very welcome Muz. It can definitely get a little sticky but I believe I'm seeing results on my blemishes. The dark spots are fading and I'm sure its due to the exfoliation with the sugar. I don't know why didn't think of it before. I've also been doing a facial mask with orange peel powder the past 2 nights. I plan to do it for a week each night and see if I notice any difference.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 12:06 am

I did it every night (okay I missed a couple) since I read about it, and today I went to do the OCM and I didn't feel like it was doing anything. Normally I'd get this grainy feeling on my hands as I did it, and this time I just kept feeling smooth skin. LOL Maybe it's all of the exfoliation? Anyway, new staple!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Issie 7th June 2010, 3:59 am

men this place is a wealth of info, I am glad though I am tired, I have adult acne (from age 19). I have tried EVERYTHING and countless thousands of dollars
Peter Thomas Roth
Skin Essence
Fayces
Dermalogica
Differin
Cleocin T
Proactiv
Benzoyl peroxide
Salicylic acid
Aldactone (pill)
clarifoam
Now I am on Epiduo and Clarifoam..I am sick and tired, I have spent sooooo much money and time. However, I have been doing a lot fo research and I will try this, I do have really oily skin like I am at work now (PM shift) and I have blotted my face like 3 times tons of oil, but I am thinking it is because my face is overstripped.
I tried washing with castille soap but then I learned it is too basic (PH 10) for skin and hair (acidic) so I stopped and i think it overstripped my facial skin oils....I am going to try neem and TTO, I am making my own toner, moisturizer and I will do skin patch test of my OCM _Castor, Jojoba and TTO drops to see how it woprks, you guys are awesome........

Issie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th June 2010, 10:30 pm

Keep us posted Issie!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st June 2010, 10:29 pm

I'm going to try this tonight! I only have jojoba and evoo so I'll use that until I can get the castor oil tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! I've been on BC pills for years to help with ovarian cysts and I decided I didn't want the chemicals in my body anymore and now my skin is a mess. Wish me luck!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Issie 23rd June 2010, 2:06 am

@AfrikanLatina thanks!!!
Update: the OCM worked for me, i mean i have b4 and after pix and i will post them, i also stopped using all products that have preservatives and parabens and mineral oil adn lo adn behold my acne is gone i mean i had like 200 cysts (combo of products and IUD reaction)...but now i only have like 4-5 thank u Jesus!!!
I formulated my own home regimen and its wooonndddeerrfuull my face NEVERRRRR felt so clean and fresh i dont even wear makeup anymore because i work nites and so it just sits on my face...
facial wash : aloe gel (50%), neem powder (30%, neem oil 5 drops, tea tree oil 5 drops, diluted castile soap20%
facial toner: hydrosol witch hazel (no alcohol) 50%, aloe vera juice (30%), tea tree oil 1 tablespoon, neem oil 3 drops
facial moisturizer : pure jojoba oil!!!!!!!!my face loves jojoba my forehead is sooooo clear and smoooth
i do a paste/neem powder mask like 1ce a week, just neem powder with water.....
i am NEVVERRRR spending anymore $$$$ on crap that irritates my face...the hair advice also worked cos now my face is not suffering from mineral oil etc overload from my hair/scalp line......
lots of good advice and referral sites from here helped...
and to think I paid $160 2 months ago to SEE the dermatologist and then she said to go and buy Bobbi Brown products i was like uhh it would be like $250 for the products helllllll nawwwwww...all i need is in nature/.....love yall 4 real

Issie

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshNsweeT 23rd June 2010, 7:21 am

I will trying this! Thanks for posting!

FreshNsweeT

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 23rd June 2010, 10:36 am

So glad you're having such great results Issie!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd June 2010, 1:29 pm

Hi Ladies,

I've been following this thread with alot of skepticism yet am ready to try this routine. I have both castor and EVOO available and would like to know how you measure the ratios.

I have oily and acne prone skin and currently cleanse with a facial soap I purchased from Lush as well as a tea tree toner and moisturizer. I love the products because they contain natural ingredients like charcoal, lemon and other healthy stuff. In conjunction with these products I've been using a topical antibiotic, Clindamycin and haven't seen great results. I primarily breakout on my forehead and my dermatologist thinks it's because of the products I'm using on my hair.

What can I use also to protect my current blemishes and scars from the sun's harmful rays? Is there a natural alternative to sunscreen?
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th June 2010, 10:13 am

I tried the OCM last night after viewing AfricanExport on YT and also reading additional info from an OCM website. I learned since I have oily, acne prone skin it's best that my combination contain more castor oil than EVOO. I think I will try to do this nightly at least 3x/week and hopefully I will commit to this and see improvement.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 10th August 2010, 10:20 pm

I tried this method a while back and at first it was great, but then I started to get all of these blemishes and pimples all over my face. So I stopped using this method right away. Well recently, I decided to try it again and read an article on how castor oil can cause problems for some people using this method. So I decided to try it again last week before my class reunion, with equal parts jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil and grapeseed oil. Can we say awesome? My skin looks amazing, I will post the link to the article that advised castor oil was not mandatory.

I hope this helps somebody! Below is the link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Facial-Oil-Cleansing-Method-OCM
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 13th August 2010, 9:58 pm

I am going to try this... my skin is alsways ridculously greasy no matter what i do.. not even the oil absorbing pads work... i would do this tonight with the oils i have... but i am missing castor oil and i cant seem to find it anywhere!! only at the hair store.. and they say its only used for hair...its not pure castor oil
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 13th August 2010, 9:59 pm

JasLuv wrote:I tried this method a while back and at first it was great, but then I started to get all of these blemishes and pimples all over my face. So I stopped using this method right away. Well recently, I decided to try it again and read an article on how castor oil can cause problems for some people using this method. So I decided to try it again last week before my class reunion, with equal parts jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil and grapeseed oil. Can we say awesome? My skin looks amazing, I will post the link to the article that advised castor oil was not mandatory.

I hope this helps somebody! Below is the link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Facial-Oil-Cleansing-Method-OCM

wow so my last post is not so valid anymore... I am going to try this without the castor!! im excited!! =)
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th August 2010, 10:49 am

Let me know how it works for you!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 14th August 2010, 7:45 pm

It definitely worked!! My skin was noticeable less oily today! Im in love with this
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by GodsNaturalBeauti 18th September 2010, 6:43 pm

I love this method. I have only been using it for a couple of days and I can already feel a difference. I use Castor/Sweet Almond/Grapeseed/ 5 drops of Tea Tree and Lavender. I then follow up with a Green Tea Toner...all homemade. Curiosity of MopTopRaven (?? I think thats her name) from Youtube!
GodsNaturalBeauti
GodsNaturalBeauti

https://www.facebook.com/heavenzbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th September 2010, 11:54 pm

GodsNaturalBeauti wrote:I love this method. I have only been using it for a couple of days and I can already feel a difference. I use Castor/Sweet Almond/Grapeseed/ 5 drops of Tea Tree and Lavender. I then follow up with a Green Tea Toner...all homemade. Curiosity of MopTopRaven (?? I think thats her name) from Youtube!
Yes, MopTopMaven has great tips!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 29th September 2010, 8:46 am

Hey! I first came across OCM from MopTopMaven's site as well. It has truly been amazing on my skin. I was using Dove Sensitive face wash, that stuff smells like baby vomit to be completely honest. But anyways, I have normal to oily skin and lately it has just been really oily. I only breakout if I don't drink water or if I'm really stressed out. lol it's how my mom can tell that something is wrong. I bought grapeseed oil and castor oil from GNC - really well priced - I put one drop of grapeseed and 2 drops of castor oil at night and massage. I hop in the shower (mini steam treatment) and wipe it off when I get out. I made MTM's green tea toner, it smells funky because of the ACV and tea tree oil but it dissipates. Then I moisturize with the tiniest drop of grapeseed oil. A little goes a VERY long way

I love the way my skin feels! Of course it's a little greasy after putting the grapeseed oil on, but my skin absorbs it and by morning my face is perfect! All I do is a quick wipe with a face cloth and I'm good to go!
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenson 21st October 2010, 3:13 am

I used the OMC, as it was featured on the site and I really like it. I use castor oil and olive oil on the nights that I wear makeup. I love how it removes makeup without irritating my eyes. If I am not tired and lazy I will go with a bit of shea butter.

stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 11th November 2010, 9:23 am

I'm late but I will try this.. I wanted to try it last night but I had to do my research on Rice Brand Oil which turn out to have great benefits cooking with it and on the face. That was the only oil besides Olive Oil that I has at the house. I get Nasty Blackheads.. They hurt to touch them so if this will clear that up I am all game.. Also when the blackheads are supposdly gone on the surface they are still there underneath the skin so I really need something to pull that out..

Mixture 30% castor oil 70% Rice Brand Oil
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 12th November 2010, 12:06 am

Hey quick question. If I use the OCM method without the castor oil, can I do it everyday? My face loves the steam/oil treatments and you can tell the days I havent done the OCM Sad
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 12th November 2010, 12:45 am

Ive been doing the OCM treatment nightly & my face feels FANTASTIC After cleaning the oil off I still apply a little oil to my face b4 I go to bed It appears that Im not as oily
I dont c why u cant try 2 do it nightly & if its 2 much go 2 every other night
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by amyleia 12th November 2010, 3:02 am

I tried the OCM a last month ago and while my face was very moistured,it still felt too greasy and then i had a lot of whiteheads on my forehead which made me stop doing it.I have combination/oily skin and i used about 60% grapeseed oil and 40% castor oil but i will try it again with just only grapeseed oil.
amyleia
amyleia

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 12th November 2010, 3:52 pm

Ladies, make sure you research the oils you're using. Some oils are moisturizing and some are cleansing and combat acne. The grapeseed and castor oil might be too cleansing. You may want to add some oil or coconut oil so its not too much for your skin.

Also, remember this method will pull toxins from underneath your skin so breakouts the first week or two is normal.

I agree you might be able to use this method daily/nightly with the right mix. If anyone has problems check your mix first before giving up on the method. I was trying to combat adult acne and was using the serious cleansing oils and was having major breakouts. I changed my mix with oils that are for aging skin and now my skin is great. I rarely have that one irritating pimple during PMS.

...so do your research. Wink I know there are several links to sites that give more information about oils; I highly suggest that you check them out.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next