CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Cleansing Method

+91
yldthng
Ambitious_Tiff
CurlyMo
mick123
JaliseH
crimsonpeach
Ainsleytom
Madeaj
blackice82
coilykinks
aggiegem
EastAfricanCurly
QuirkyCurly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
funkyhairchic
SummerSkye
amyleia
Sebastain13
krissyc39
letha
stevenson
cha_phylicia
GodsNaturalBeauti
CiaE
JasLuv
HAMPTONSFNST
FreshNsweeT
CurlyChefRobin
Issie
CocoaDreamee
poeticlyspkng
DvaAuNaturel
cutie_curli
NubbieNaturalNik
TheRYL1
Freeatlast41
drawmuhfree
royanu
Muz
HazelEyes
ladybee84
R2D2
krazy coils
Ms Tavia
70's BabyGirl
iri9109
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
Lynnieluve
Mllebutterfly
tiashaunteƩ
CurlsGalore
Naturalpenny
SisterBoyd
prymd95
BajanPrincess82
dajewel
Mz. Thang
ChrsLvsBks
Reshon30
Peggy
rosscd
GrowingThere
RoseNaturalBeauty
loveself247
NhappyJackie
kinkylover!
AfroButtafly
curlyq145
MeekMonique
Silkee
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
jamaicacurl
niknak19
quake_19
chocrose
Sunni J
Moni
mojitochica
afroness
sweetnat
cinnamoncurlz
Queen
JoyCurl
*CurlyNikki*
Tam
gammainme
AfrikanLatina
95 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Oil Cleansing Method - Page 9 Empty Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by amyleia 13th November 2010, 3:26 am

@SisterBoyd thanks clarifying that for me and i will try adding some coconut oil the next time i do the OCM.
amyleia
amyleia

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 25th November 2010, 12:52 am

SisterBoyd wrote:Ladies, make sure you research the oils you're using. Some oils are moisturizing and some are cleansing and combat acne. The grapeseed and castor oil might be too cleansing. You may want to add some oil or coconut oil so its not too much for your skin.

Also, remember this method will pull toxins from underneath your skin so breakouts the first week or two is normal.

I agree you might be able to use this method daily/nightly with the right mix. If anyone has problems check your mix first before giving up on the method. I was trying to combat adult acne and was using the serious cleansing oils and was having major breakouts. I changed my mix with oils that are for aging skin and now my skin is great. I rarely have that one irritating pimple during PMS.

...so do your research. Wink I know there are several links to sites that give more information about oils; I highly suggest that you check them out.

I agree with you. It's very important to understand what you're really dealing with. I thought I had adult acne because I had acne as a teen. However, I realized that my skin has changed and the breakouts I was experiencing was due to sensitive skin. Trying to treat acne just made me have a bad reaction. I have found that the OCM was made my skin feel much more "calm". Plus, I only wash once a day. I may just splash with water at times. A couple times a month I'll use an AHA product as my only means of exfoliation. Less is best for my sensitive skin!
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 10th December 2010, 9:35 pm

I've been doing this OCM for about 2 months and like Sis Boyd says, research is key. At first, I really didn't have the right mix of oils and my face was breaking out in some areas more than usual. I was wondering what I was doing wrong, but after doing a little deeper research on oils for skin types, a light bulb came on and now I have right blend of oils in my mixture. I now use 60% castor oil, 20% jojoba oil, and 20% grapeseed oil. I also add several drops of lavender and tea tree oils to my mix.

My skin is oily on my chin, dry on my cheeks, and normal on my nose in forehead. All that equates to combo skin. Needless to say, I'm satisfied with the results after several weeks with this new mixture. Skin is clearer, softer, and healthy looking! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th December 2010, 8:10 pm

Bumping this thread for members not familiar with the oil cleansing method.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by terrymole 13th December 2010, 9:57 am

I use this method only at night because the essential oils to react with sunlight and can cause skin rashes. Jojoba oil is also a good idea to clean the oil. I used the site to do with the essential oil of tea tree oil, jojoba oil and apply on the face of this approach dilutes aunt can be difficult.

terrymole

Back to top Go down

Post by arjunbarbosa 14th December 2010, 8:43 am

I used the OMC, as it was featured on the site and I really like it. I use castor oil and olive oil on the nights that I wear makeup. I love how it removes makeup without irritating eyes.

arjunbarbosa

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 16th December 2010, 12:36 pm

I have a question for you ladies. I've recently started using the OCM at night and I am really happy with the way my face feels and looks right now. I have the dreaded adult acne and I'm on a quest to treat it without prescription medication. So far, so good but I haven't had my period yet and we all know what happens to our faces when she comes around. I was doing some research on different types of pimples and came across this website called Acne.org. Have any of you heard of it or know anyone who has tried their products or regimen? I found a lot of useful information about acne on that site as well as how you should gently care for your skin.
ForeverCurlyCatrina
ForeverCurlyCatrina

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 16th December 2010, 12:42 pm

ForeverCurlyCatrina (16th December 2010, 9:36 am) wrote:I have a question for you ladies. I've recently started using the OCM at night and I am really happy with the way my face feels and looks right now. I have the dreaded adult acne and I'm on a quest to treat it without prescription medication. So far, so good but I haven't had my period yet and we all know what happens to our faces when she comes around. I was doing some research on different types of pimples and came across this website called Acne.org. Have any of you heard of it or know anyone who has tried their products or regimen? I found a lot of useful information about acne on that site as well as how you should gently care for your skin.

Hey FCC! Yes, I've heard of that site. I read more about OCM from it. I've never tried products, but I'm really loving the OCM now that I've found the right blend of oils for skin.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 16th December 2010, 12:55 pm

Wow. Yes. Funkyhairchic, there is more good information on that site than I realized. I typed Oil Cleansing Method into their search box and now I think I'm going to be on my computer way longer than I should be. I've got a to do list that's going to have to wait.

Last edited by ForeverCurlyCatrina on 16th December 2010, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
ForeverCurlyCatrina
ForeverCurlyCatrina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 2:50 pm

ForeverCurlyCatrina wrote:I have a question for you ladies. I've recently started using the OCM at night and I am really happy with the way my face feels and looks right now. I have the dreaded adult acne and I'm on a quest to treat it without prescription medication. So far, so good but I haven't had my period yet and we all know what happens to our faces when she comes around. I was doing some research on different types of pimples and came across this website called Acne.org. Have any of you heard of it or know anyone who has tried their products or regimen? I found a lot of useful information about acne on that site as well as how you should gently care for your skin.
Yes, I have been to the site and used their suggested regimen and products. Not the products from the site but the others he suggested. I used the Clean & Clear cleanser, Neutrogena on the Spot Gel and Oil of Olay moisturizer. It worked well for a while but then stopped. I tried it recently for my current breakout (had since October) with no success. I think the key is to keep using the regimen. I stopped using it after my face cleared. I went back to the OCM until my most recent break out. I am now using Mario Badescu's products. I'm going to keep using it in conjunction with the OCM once current break out subsides.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 16th December 2010, 4:06 pm

[/quote]Yes, I have been to the site and used their suggested regimen and products. Not the products from the site but the others he suggested. I used the Clean & Clear cleanser, Neutrogena on the Spot Gel and Oil of Olay moisturizer. It worked well for a while but then stopped. I tried it recently for my current breakout (had since October) with no success. I think the key is to keep using the regimen. I stopped using it after my face cleared. I went back to the OCM until my most recent break out. I am now using Mario Badescu's products. I'm going to keep using it in conjunction with the OCM once current break out subsides.[/quote]

Thanks Chrs. I hope you have much success with your new products. You said you went back to the OCM until your most recent break out. Did you stop using OCM because it didn't prevent your break out? Also, what combination of oils did you use? I'm still trying to fine tune mine.
ForeverCurlyCatrina
ForeverCurlyCatrina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 5:13 pm

ForeverCurlyCatrina wrote:
Yes, I have been to the site and used their suggested regimen and products. Not the products from the site but the others he suggested. I used the Clean & Clear cleanser, Neutrogena on the Spot Gel and Oil of Olay moisturizer. It worked well for a while but then stopped. I tried it recently for my current breakout (had since October) with no success. I think the key is to keep using the regimen. I stopped using it after my face cleared. I went back to the OCM until my most recent break out. I am now using Mario Badescu's products. I'm going to keep using it in conjunction with the OCM once current break out subsides.[/quote]

Thanks Chrs. I hope you have much success with your new products. You said you went back to the OCM until your most recent break out. Did you stop using OCM because it didn't prevent your break out? Also, what combination of oils did you use? I'm still trying to fine tune mine.[/quote]

Kind of sort of, I was not consistent with the OCM and got a breakout. I then went back to acne.org and decided to follow the regimen for three weeks. After no success, I went back to OCM (used BP) for a couple of weeks and saw no change. I have used jojoba/sunflower/grapeseed & castor (always 60% castor). I also add a couple of drops of tea tree EO, neem oil & emu oil. Most recently it was sunflower and castor. From what I recall, jojoba was the best followed by grapeseed. Be careful with grapeseed though because it has astrigent properties and with the castor may be too harsh and strip too many oils.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 16th December 2010, 5:53 pm

I just started doing the oil cleansing method and I still have acne. I broke out really bad this month and I thought this method would help.I like the way the oil makes my skin feel, but I don't see it clearing up and it has been a few days. Actually it got a bit worse honestly. I've been using castor/olive/coconut oil. Any suggestions?
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2010, 6:11 pm

NaturalSinceBirth wrote:I just started doing the oil cleansing method and I still have acne. I broke out really bad this month and I thought this method would help.I like the way the oil makes my skin feel, but I don't see it clearing up and it has been a few days. Actually it got a bit worse honestly. I've been using castor/olive/coconut oil. Any suggestions?
What is your skin type?

I always try out a method or product for three weeks before trying something new.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th December 2010, 6:16 pm

NaturalSinceBirth wrote:I just started doing the oil cleansing method and I still have acne. I broke out really bad this month and I thought this method would help.I like the way the oil makes my skin feel, but I don't see it clearing up and it has been a few days. Actually it got a bit worse honestly. I've been using castor/olive/coconut oil. Any suggestions?

Hey Naturalsincebirth,

Since you've just started to use the OCM it will take a little longer than a few days to see results. When I first started to use it I only did this once or twice a week so that my skin could become accustomed to it. Also I've heard some people say that coconut oil breaks them out. Have you had a problem with coconut oil before? Try removing the coconut oil and see if there is a difference. Sometimes you have to play around with the different moisturizing oils to see which ones work for your skin. I was unable to use olive oil but sunflower oil works for me.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 16th December 2010, 6:44 pm

Thanks @krazycoils! Ill remove the coco nd see what happens
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 20th December 2010, 1:34 pm

I've been using the OCM nightly with a combo of castor/EVOO/tea tree oils. I follow it with LUSH's Tea Tree Water toner and an AHA product. I did notice some breakouts on my forehead but I'm not sure if it's because of the new regimen or it's time to wash my hair. I definitely want to try a combo of castor/jojoba/grapeseed/tea tree oils. I will keep you posted.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 20th December 2010, 1:51 pm

It is important to know your skin type so you can use the right blend of oils on your face. Some oils may simply not agree with your skin and depending on whether you have oily, combo, or dry skin you want to find the right mix. Once you determine that then research different carrier and essential oils. EVOO was too heavy for me. I have combo skin so I needed a lighter mix of oils. Jojoba and grapeseed have great cleansing properties. Got to www.themoptopmaven.com. and click on her skincare blog. She has lots of info on OCM and different oils for various skin types. That helped me a lot. She also has skincare recipes for blemishes and other trouble areas. Hth!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 20th December 2010, 4:39 pm

Funkyhairchic wrote:

It is important to know your skin type so you can use the right blend of oils on your face. Some oils may simply not agree with your skin and depending on whether you have oily, combo, or dry skin you want to find the right mix. Once you determine that then research different carrier and essential oils. EVOO was too heavy for me. I have combo skin so I needed a lighter mix of oils. Jojoba and grapeseed have great cleansing properties. Got to www.themoptopmaven.com. and click on her skincare blog. She has lots of info on OCM and different oils for various skin types. That helped me a lot. She also has skincare recipes for blemishes and other trouble areas. Hth!

I didn't think about that. I was just slapping on oils that I had so I wouldn't have to buy more oils lol! But anyway, thank you so much for the moptopmaven link! Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 20th December 2010, 9:38 pm

I love going to her site Funkyhairchic She has some great info there for the OCM, blemished, & toners Make sure ladies you check her out
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 23rd December 2010, 6:15 pm

I have combinaton skin; my cheeks, nose and chin are pretty spotty and my cheeks are dry like hell and i have dry patches that really do not seem to budge!

I've started OCM with JBCO(I couldn't find normal CO so I used JBCO that I use on my hair) and EVOO and I've started to break out but I've heard that's normal so I'm okay with it. What I'm scared of though is that I'm not using the right mix of oils.

Does anyone have the same skin type as me? If so, what mix of oils do you use?

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 29th December 2010, 1:17 pm

I went to the store yesterday and picked up castor oil and evoo. I wanted to get grapeseed and jojoba, but the store I went to didn't have what I was looking for. To my pleasant surprise, I had some jojoba left at home. Score!

I'm still a little apprehensive about this. I'm concerned about breaking out all over the place like crazy. But, I am a gemini and I am always up for something new, so I set out to make my oil concoction.

My mix is 50% castor, 25% evoo, 25% jojoba. Hopefully this works out. I can't say there was a drastic look in appearance when I did this last night, but I can say the feel of my skin is amazing. It feels flawless. It's so soft, smooth....like baby skin. I love it. I'm going to exfoliate tonight with a homemade honey/sugar scrub and then I will go for another oil cleansing round on Thursday. Smile

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd January 2011, 7:05 pm

I will give this a try as part of my nighttime routine.

In the mornings, I will continue to wash with african black soap.

coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 7th January 2011, 10:06 am

Ok, I started using this method on Sunday night. And yes, my skin does look noticeably great. But how often should I use this method?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiegem 7th January 2011, 1:56 pm

I think someone earlier might have said that you shouldn't do it everyday. But I guess it may be different for some people. I've heard some say they do it everyday. I've been waiting two days between applications.

aggiegem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next