CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate it when...

+47
Neems
PolymerGirl
HappyCurly
CheneyRochon
krys419
C.
missqueenlene
honeybrown1976
Lanabell1219
CurlyChefRobin
myfroisaverage
lena73
LoveleeMama
dajewel
Free2Be
earniece
Red53
IndigoHarmony
Butterfly126
BrownSkinDiva
Nessa101
Naturally Esq
gigihaitiancurly
Ebbz
Mangos&Bananas
NaturallyCLD
BattleKat
earynnm
curlybarbi48
s4pphir3
Muz
AshElleAye
WhosThatRedHead
Curly_Aquarius
curlista
DreamMerchant
Nikcoils
deeply_rooted_chick
Lynnieluve
TriniCherryPrincess
tiashaunteƩ
predestined010
BajanPrincess82
Annapolitan
mstokes2008
4EverNatural
elleeccentric
51 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I hate it when... - Page 3 Empty Re: I hate it when...

Post by IndigoHarmony 23rd June 2010, 11:17 pm

I hate when I wear my hair out and it's windy too.
I hate it even more when my guy friend rolls the window down in the car when I wear my hair down cuz he likes to watch my curls blow around even though I get out the car lookin a mess.
I hate when ppl act overly mesmerized about the volume of my hair. Yeah it grabs attention but too many ppl cross the line with all the drama.
IndigoHarmony
IndigoHarmony

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 24th June 2010, 2:17 am

Naturally Esq wrote:
gigihaitiancurly wrote:
Naturally Esq wrote:What products are you using? What is your routine?

I don't really have a routine... I wash my hair every time I feel like it and cowash the days I feel my hair is clean but could use a little moisturizing. I had my hair in a TWA for about a year because I liked it that way and I wasn't ready for all the work longer hair demands. Then, I did A LOT of wash and go's.. basically everyday! I used to just put my head under the shower in the morning, splash some Softsheen Carson Care free curls instant curl activator gold (I love that thing! makes my hair soo soft and moisturized for days!) and head out. But now that I have decided to let my hair grow, the wash and go (and the summer weather!) is not working anymore. I have about 5 inches of hair on my head and I have no idea what to do with it. The only products I use are herbal essence hello hydration condish, plamers coconut conditioner, raw Shea butter ( don't like it too much because it's too greasy), carefree curls instant activator and eco styler gel olive oil for when I have no idea of what else to do....

I have some suggestions but I don't want to interrupt this thread. Can you repost under a different thread/title?

I did Smile the thread is titled hair routines. I would loveee you'r advice Smile thanks
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Red53 24th June 2010, 11:45 am

When my mom says "I hor your daughter doesn't have hair like you'. I do. I just tell myself that she was raised in the asiimilayion era.
Red53
Red53

Back to top Go down

Post by earniece 24th June 2010, 12:04 pm

1) I hate when people bring up the fact that you had "good" hair before you went natural. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Like the hair I have now is evil or something.

2) I also hate when people see you after a blowout that they act like your hair grew 4 inches over night. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just because you see 1 inch of hair when i wash and go doesn't mean that my hair is that short.
earniece
earniece

http://www.twitter.com/earniece

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 24th June 2010, 12:45 pm

earniece wrote:1) I hate when people bring up the fact that you had "good" hair before you went natural. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Like the hair I have now is evil or something.

2) I also hate when people see you after a blowout that they act like your hair grew 4 inches over night. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just because you see 1 inch of hair when i wash and go doesn't mean that my hair is that short.

But don't you know Natural Hair IS evil!!! lol.....

People are so funny to me.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 25th June 2010, 6:26 am

I hate it when people who have had numerous discussions with me about natural hair and my journey and goals in particular still ask me, "So, are you ever going to relax it again?" What part of "natural" don't they understand?

I hate it when someone tells me I'm wearing my hair natural to prove that I'm black. That really pisses me the hell off. I AM black. Period. Jerks.

I, too, hate people calling me Foxy Brown, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, or shouting "Black Power" when they see me.

I hate, hate, hate people explaining away my natural hair with, "Well, you've got that good hair anyway." That is really sad because they're just not giving their own good hair a chance.

Oddly enough, I do not care if people touch my hair. I am happy for them to reach out and touch and come away with a handful of shea butter and oil. LOL
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 3:34 am

I hate it when people call me "Sir". I know my hair is short but I KNOW I don't look like a man!!! Women are allowed to have short hair too!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th June 2010, 10:53 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

I dont like my detangling sessions. I cant wait until my hair is longer enough to put about 6 twist in after I detangle instead of about 30 twist.

actually, since my hair is getting longer and thicker i have to put in more....but i know what u saying...sigh

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th June 2010, 11:07 am

it annoys me when people think being natural is rootsy, like i am a tree-hugger that sings cum by ya n stuff. i am not.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 26th June 2010, 11:25 am

dajewel wrote:it annoys me when people think being natural is rootsy, like i am a tree-hugger that sings cum by ya n stuff. i am not.

What!?!?! I'm hugging a tree RIGHT NOW! Razz

I hate it when I can't keep a protective style in for more than 4-5 days because I want to play in my hair bounce bounce
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 26th June 2010, 12:19 pm

Muz wrote:
dajewel wrote:it annoys me when people think being natural is rootsy, like i am a tree-hugger that sings cum by ya n stuff. i am not.

What!?!?! I'm hugging a tree RIGHT NOW! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hate it when I can't keep a protective style in for more than 4-5 days because I want to play in my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cant manage to do that either. The most i can keep a setof twists is 7 days then its time for a twist out. lol
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th June 2010, 2:08 pm

elleeccentric wrote:
Muz wrote:

What!?!?! I'm hugging a tree RIGHT NOW! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol i mean i am all about eating healthy and stuff but that's just about it.

I hate it when I can't keep a protective style in for more than 4-5 days because I want to play in my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cant manage to do that either. The most i can keep a setof twists is 7 days then its time for a twist out. lol

i have kept my twists in for as long as a month. they don't unravel at the ends. my roots get really fuzzy, but i have learned that is just the nature of my hair. i just keep my hair moisturized with a spritz and sealed with oils n butters am i am good to go
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th June 2010, 2:11 pm

Muz wrote:

lol i mean i pay attention to eating healthy, balanced foods on the daily but that's just as far as i go.

I hate it when I can't keep a protective style in for more than 4-5 days because I want to play in my hair bounce bounce
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 26th June 2010, 3:02 pm

i hate it when people ask me if I cut my hair when I change my style like twists.

I can keep myself composed if you touch my hair but if you touch any part of my child prepare for a verbal lashing.

Biggest peeve of them all, I especially hate when people with badly damaged/broken/dry permed hair or a unkept weave what to give me advice about hair.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 26th June 2010, 3:13 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:I hate when...

- People touch my hair without asking (hell even when they ask)...unless you greasing my scalp or styling it, you dont need to be touching it like that...lol

- Ask me/Tell me about my hair looking the way it does because I have "good hair"...(lets be less ignorant please)

everything she said! lol

*clearing throat*

i hate it when ppl talk behind my back - why she wear her hair like that...she can go buy a ponytail
(like i want 2 different OBVIOUS textures?)
i hate to braid or twist my own hair bc my arms hurt so much...after 2 mins darnnit
i hate that these bonnets dont stay on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by myfroisaverage 26th June 2010, 3:28 pm

Biggest pet peeve: "I love your hair! I would go natural... if my hair was your texture."

Come on, people.

myfroisaverage

http://myfroisaverage.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 11:53 pm

LoveleeMama wrote:i hate it when people ask me if I cut my hair when I change my style like twists.

I can keep myself composed if you touch my hair but if you touch any part of my child prepare for a verbal lashing.

Biggest peeve of them all, I especially hate when people with badly damaged/broken/dry permed hair or a unkept weave what to give me advice about hair.

LMAO... not the unkept weave!! Them's fightning words! lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th June 2010, 11:55 pm

Lena,
There is nothing worng with having 2 different textures in your hair.... SIKE!!

I hate it when I am forced to look at someone with frizzy hair trying to blend it into a Yaki ponytail.....

Let me stop before I get in trouble.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 27th June 2010, 12:06 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:how bout..
when permies (made that word up lol) say "I wish I could go natural, im not brave enough." Brave?..like im a ninja or something. get outta here...

Natural Ninjas! Love it!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 27th June 2010, 12:19 am

LoveleeMama wrote:

I AGREE!!!

I hate when people ask me every time they see me "So you are going to keep your hair like that?" - Yes, the answer did not change since last week and it's not going to change.

I hate when people use the Eryka Badu, Black Power terms as well. I am my own person and my hair does not define me! To add to this, I hate when people tell me how much they hate my hair and I never asked for their opinion.

I'm not crazy about day 1 hair. Day 2 hair is so much better.

I hate having to retwist my sides at night. If not, I'll be a flat mess the next day of my TnC.

I hate when I have a not so great hair day and people say "What happened to the curls you had yesterday?" - Like I WANT to have a bad hair day and like I didn't have them when I was fully relaxed.

I hate that I feel like the people in Whole Foods think I'm crazy because I spend at least 30 minutes looking at products every time I'm in there. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hate that I keep going back and forth and can't decide to BC or not.

I think that's it. LOL!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 27th June 2010, 12:40 am

I hate the fact that I can barely get day 2 hair!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 27th June 2010, 1:23 am

Muz wrote:

4-5?! I wish. I'm more like 2-3. I have serious hand-in-fro syndrome. I also play with my twists and make them bounce. lol
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanabell1219 28th June 2010, 1:25 am

ahem.
i hate when:
-i get asked "what are you going to DO with your hair now?"
-people feel the need to tell me how much they hated my hair when i first cut it
-people expect a long afro-centric speech in response to the question "why did you go natural"?
-"permies" (lol) automatically assume that i'm gonna try to persuade them to go natural, and rush to let me know that they LIKE their relaxed hair and can't stand these "nappy nazi's" running around
-people ask me how they can go natural: don't get a touch up. ever. bam, ur natural.
-i am told that my natural texture can be distracting/unprofessional (actually happened. came from someone i respected. can we say shocked?)

Last edited by Lanabell1219 on 3rd July 2010, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybrown1976 3rd July 2010, 12:24 am

I hate that I'm just now transitioning and don't have anything to hate yet.

No, I take that back. I do. I told my mother in law (my mom's in Philly and very supportive since she's natural) that I'm transitioning. She asked me "Why?" as though I just told her I'm leaving her son. What happened the next day? She sent over her electric hot comb.
honeybrown1976
honeybrown1976

Back to top Go down

Post by missqueenlene 3rd July 2010, 9:26 pm

I second almost everything everyone has said on here...
I hate when:
1)ppl make Erykah Badu/Black Power references...I love ms.badu but its wack
2)ppl ask me why i went natural? and then dont accept my answer....nobody pestered me like that when I got short cuts w/relaxed hair
3)ppl wanna talk about my hair for like hours...I get tired of talking about it
4)ppl assume I cut my hair because I couldn't take care of it....no I chose to go natural...my hair didnt break off!
missqueenlene
missqueenlene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next