CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HATE my hair Day!!!!!!

+9
thetiffany
CurlyChefRobin
PanaR3dd
BajanPrincess82
Niqui36
Juices-n-Berries
deeply_rooted_chick
4EverNatural
13 posters

Go down

I HATE my hair Day!!!!!! Empty I HATE my hair Day!!!!!!

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 11:55 am

Hello Naturals,

Today is one of those days where I HATE how my hair looks, its to the point where I would have probably called out of work..JK..LOL. ANYWHO...I just felt the need to share that...Anyone else have one of these days today or any other day in the past?

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

I HATE my hair Day!!!!!! Empty Re: I HATE my hair Day!!!!!!

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 2nd August 2010, 12:10 pm

For me it's not hatte my hair day...its bored with my hair day. It's at the length where its long, but not long enough for many of the hairstyles I want to do. Ugh I'll protective hairstyle my way to get there I guess.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 2nd August 2010, 12:10 pm

Of course I've had these days. Bad hair days, oh man, have I had those. Kinky hair is just like any other type of hair, and we naturals can get bad hair days like anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd August 2010, 2:21 pm

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:For me it's not hatte my hair day...its bored with my hair day. It's at the length where its long, but not long enough for many of the hairstyles I want to do. Ugh I'll protective hairstyle my way to get there I guess.

I agree with this. Even when my hair looks bad, I just put it in a puff and call it a day. So I never hate it, but that gets boring. My hair is in the in between stages too. There's lots I'd like to do, but it's not long enough yet. But my hair is definitely growing, so I can't complain.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 3:07 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
deeply_rooted_chick wrote:For me it's not hatte my hair day...its bored with my hair day. It's at the length where its long, but not long enough for many of the hairstyles I want to do. Ugh I'll protective hairstyle my way to get there I guess.

I agree with this. Even when my hair looks bad, I just put it in a puff and call it a day. So I never hate it, but that gets boring. My hair is in the in between stages too. There's lots I'd like to do, but it's not long enough yet. But my hair is definitely growing, so I can't complain.

I wish I could get a puff, right now I have a puuuuuu.......I attempt to do bantu knots and twist to get me away from wash-n-go's...but in due time I will perfect those.

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 2nd August 2010, 3:16 pm

When I'm having a bad hair day I just go to my trusty black head wrap. The kind that you twist into a ball in the back of your head.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 2nd August 2010, 3:28 pm

I've been natural all my life and have had plenty of "I hate my hair" days! Sometimes the style I envision in my head doesn't work out or products don't work right or my hair is just uncooperative. There have been days where I would be late to work due to messing with my hair. I even got close to calling out sick a few times!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 2nd August 2010, 4:34 pm

i dont hate it but for the past week or so i have been very annoyed with my hair..its like a bad child who just wont behave..so i wont do anything drastic i think im gonna have to put it in timeout and throw in some weave..if not im going to start cutting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 5:39 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:i dont hate it but for the past week or so i have been very annoyed with my hair..its like a bad child who just wont behave..so i wont do anything drastic i think im gonna have to put it in timeout and throw in some weave..if not im going to start cutting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like how you refer to your hair as a bad child.....I guess HATE is a strong word so I will say DISLIKE. I was thinking about getting some Kinky Twist...but then again I think I rather grow my edges instead of ripping them out.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 2nd August 2010, 9:52 pm

YES!!! I have those days. I'm transitioning and it kills me me at times. This morning the front and sides were great but the back wasn't completely dry. I just put my flower in and rocked it!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 2nd August 2010, 10:05 pm

i had a day like that today! lol i wanted to call out of work so bad. i only had about 15 minutes to fix a twistout that had gone horribly wrong. i put a headband on and did a bun. i didnt love it, but suprisinggly everyone loved it. they called me princess and ballerina lol.

the only thing i hated really, was the fact that the headband felt like it was squeezinng my brain and that i have to do my hair tonight and work tommorow Sad
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 3rd August 2010, 10:18 am

Feeling like this today and I threw a wig on it and out of sight out of mind! ughhh this ackward stage really do sucks!
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 3rd August 2010, 12:37 pm

I am having another one of those DAYS Today.....I was late to work because my twistout looked like WHO DID IT, WHEN, AND WHY.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . This is starting to become annoying, I need a break before I go crazy.

Word to the wise...Experiment with new hairstyles on the Weekend when you don't have to work....SMH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 3rd August 2010, 12:39 pm

Girl I had a fierce twist sunday come monday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Im sick of this ackward thing therefore I just threw on the damn wig today
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 5th August 2010, 9:21 pm

Hi ladies! I can certainly relate!!!!! especially about almost being late for work because the hair is not acting right!!!!!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 5th August 2010, 10:00 pm

I am frequently flying down the freeway to work after waking up with an unruly mass of hair on my head. I've spent the last two weeks buying different flowers and headbands in the hopes that I can more quickly tame these unfavorable hair days. And I have one of those tie is a bun head wraps too, but the fight hasn't quite come to that yet.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 6th August 2010, 1:55 pm

4EverNatural wrote:I am having another one of those DAYS Today.....I was late to work because my twistout looked like WHO DID IT, WHEN, AND WHY.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . This is starting to become annoying, I need a break before I go crazy.

Word to the wise...Experiment with new hairstyles on the Weekend when you don't have to work....SMH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural - I ALWAYS experiment with new styles on Friday night when I have nothing to do on Saturday. When I first BC'd, every Friday night, I was doing something different, to the point that my husband complained about me taking so much time with my hair (he still complains). I LOVED when my hair was short because I love WnG's. That was the easiest time for me, but it does become boring. Hang in there! Before you know it your hair will be long enough to put in a puff. A puff has saved many of my days!
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 6th August 2010, 2:59 pm

curlybarbi48 wrote:
4EverNatural wrote:I am having another one of those DAYS Today.....I was late to work because my twistout looked like WHO DID IT, WHEN, AND WHY.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . This is starting to become annoying, I need a break before I go crazy.

4EverNatural - I ALWAYS experiment with new styles on Friday night when I have nothing to do on Saturday. When I first BC'd, every Friday night, I was doing something different, to the point that my husband complained about me taking so much time with my hair (he still complains). I LOVED when my hair was short because I love WnG's. That was the easiest time for me, but it does become boring. Hang in there! Before you know it your hair will be long enough to put in a puff. A puff has saved many of my days!

I cant wait until my hair grows out....so I can get a puff..lol

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down