CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate it when...

+47
Neems
PolymerGirl
HappyCurly
CheneyRochon
krys419
C.
missqueenlene
honeybrown1976
Lanabell1219
CurlyChefRobin
myfroisaverage
lena73
LoveleeMama
dajewel
Free2Be
earniece
Red53
IndigoHarmony
Butterfly126
BrownSkinDiva
Nessa101
Naturally Esq
gigihaitiancurly
Ebbz
Mangos&Bananas
NaturallyCLD
BattleKat
earynnm
curlybarbi48
s4pphir3
Muz
AshElleAye
WhosThatRedHead
Curly_Aquarius
curlista
DreamMerchant
Nikcoils
deeply_rooted_chick
Lynnieluve
TriniCherryPrincess
tiashaunteƩ
predestined010
BajanPrincess82
Annapolitan
mstokes2008
4EverNatural
elleeccentric
51 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I hate it when... - Page 2 Empty Re: I hate it when...

Post by Muz 22nd June 2010, 10:12 pm

curlybarbi48 wrote:Wow, good topic!

I hate it when:

1. Someone calls my hair "naps" or "nappy". I don't know why, but that's a derogatory comment to me.
2. People say, "Why don't you stick with one style". I want to say, "Why DO you?"
3. Like the other ladies, my hair looks great and I have no where to go. I've made many unnecessary trips to WalMart, only to end up buying MORE hair products.
4. I first cut my hair and the guys at work were like, "What happened?". I cut my hair, Fool!!
5. People say, "Your hair used to be so pretty". I think it's prettier now.
6. People feel the need to tell me they don't like my hair style, and recruit others' opinions. Urgh!!!

I could go on and on!

LOL@ #2 & #4
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 22nd June 2010, 10:13 pm

@earynnm .. my response to her would have been Neutral
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 22nd June 2010, 10:23 pm

Okay, here's my last one:

I hate it when I get on this doggone website and can't get off! Like a little kid, afraid I'm going to miss something!
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 22nd June 2010, 10:31 pm

elleeccentric wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:I hate it when:

1. My hair looks its best when I have no where to go
2. People pull my twist to watch them bounce
3. People say "why don't you perm all that pretty hair so that we can see it"

When my hair looks great and I have nowhere to go, I FIND somewhere to go lol. A stroll through the mall or wal-mart if its late =)

Lucky for me I have to go all the way to Wichita for a store. Wichita is about 37 miles away. I use to go up there to "Use" the cute hairstyle but then I feel like I have to buy something to make the trip worthwhile and that is a biiig no no!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd June 2010, 10:31 pm

curlybarbi48 wrote:Okay, here's my last one:

I hate it when I get on this doggone website and can't get off! Like a little kid, afraid I'm going to miss something!

Ha! Me too
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 22nd June 2010, 11:31 pm

I hate when I spend hours doing my hair and it comes out frizzed, like my twist outs. My hair just want do it.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyCLD 23rd June 2010, 12:13 am

I hate that the first thing my mom said when she saw me post big chop is "You look like a boy you need to hurry up and grow your hair back," but then as the day went on and she thought she had hurt my feelings she said, "I didn't say that." C'mon Ma!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 23rd June 2010, 2:02 am

how bout..
when permies (made that word up lol) say "I wish I could go natural, im not brave enough." Brave?..like im a ninja or something. get outta here...
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 23rd June 2010, 2:32 am

it irks me when people find out i'm transitioning and they act like by not relaxing my hair, i'm worshiping the devil or joining a cult or something. just because you're afraid to step outside of the "norm" or be different from those around you doesn't mean that i am too.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 23rd June 2010, 4:22 am

I hate it when I can't find the right product for my hair. (can somebody help me because I don't seem to know what I'm doing!?! )
I hate it when I have to braid/twist my hair ( my arms HURTTT)
I hate it when i put oils in my hair and then when I play with it in the middle of the day my fingers are so darn greasy and when I put condish, it dries up after 3 hours!
I hate it when my white roommate tells me I look cute with un-parted braids and a crooked scarf at night. Are you blind or are you a fool?!?!
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 23rd June 2010, 8:13 am

What products are you using? What is your routine?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 23rd June 2010, 9:51 am

Muz wrote: I hate it when I'm trying to figure out how to do something and I can't get it, so I get frustrated and just end up throwing some twists in it. LOL

Oh, and I had my first experience with someone putting their hands in my hair without asking first, she's lucky she goes to my church and I've known her like my whole life. LOL

I do the same thing. I cant count how many failed attempts at flat twists have resulted in a twist-n-curl or bantu-knots. smh... I wont give up though. I have to figure it out
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 23rd June 2010, 9:53 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:how bout..
when permies (made that word up lol) say "I wish I could go natural, im not brave enough." Brave?..like im a ninja or something. get outta here...

I hate that too. I just bc'd 3 weeks ago and people have been coming out of the woodwork. But at least they're honest :-/
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 23rd June 2010, 9:55 am

I hear this one ALL the time! I just wanna shake some sense into the person..lol
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 23rd June 2010, 10:00 am

I have some more:

--I hate it when i find single strande knots. ugh! they're a pain
--I hate it when it's super humid and my defined twist out turns into a puff w/in hours. South florida has been soooo humid lately =/
--I hate it when people ask "what did you put in your hair, to make it so curly" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..um it grows out of my scalp that way..smh
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 23rd June 2010, 11:10 am

I hate it when my hair looks really nice and well done and as soon as I go outside it turns into a poufy mess.
I hate it when my whole head is full of nice curls, but i'll get that random strand that doesn't want to fully curl or it'll curl in a wierd direction.
I hate it when I compare my hair to others and tell myself why can't my hair do that?!?! but i'm slowly learning to stop doing that.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 23rd June 2010, 12:30 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:What products are you using? What is your routine?

I don't really have a routine... I wash my hair every time I feel like it and cowash the days I feel my hair is clean but could use a little moisturizing. I had my hair in a TWA for about a year because I liked it that way and I wasn't ready for all the work longer hair demands. Then, I did A LOT of wash and go's.. basically everyday! I used to just put my head under the shower in the morning, splash some Softsheen Carson Care free curls instant curl activator gold (I love that thing! makes my hair soo soft and moisturized for days!) and head out. But now that I have decided to let my hair grow, the wash and go (and the summer weather!) is not working anymore. I have about 5 inches of hair on my head and I have no idea what to do with it. The only products I use are herbal essence hello hydration condish, plamers coconut conditioner, raw Shea butter ( don't like it too much because it's too greasy), carefree curls instant activator and eco styler gel olive oil for when I have no idea of what else to do....
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 23rd June 2010, 12:45 pm

AshElleAye wrote:

I hate that too. I just bc'd 3 weeks ago and people have been coming out of the woodwork. But at least they're honest :-/

But we are secretly ninjas didn't you know that?

Don't you justwant to say "It's just hair people!"
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 23rd June 2010, 12:47 pm

gigihaitiancurly wrote:I hate it when I can't find the right product for my hair. (can somebody help me because I don't seem to know what I'm doing!?! )
I hate it when I have to braid/twist my hair ( my arms HURTTT)
I hate it when i put oils in my hair and then when I play with it in the middle of the day my fingers are so darn greasy and when I put condish, it dries up after 3 hours!
I hate it when my white roommate tells me I look cute with un-parted braids and a crooked scarf at night. Are you blind or are you a fool?!?!

My white roommate in college had an assignment that required her to smell and feel things she's never seen before and guess what she used? All of my hair care products!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd June 2010, 12:48 pm

tiashauntee wrote:When people act ignorant and childish when it comes to someone wearing their hair naturally. It's my hair, I care for it not you. Get a life and go take care of those edges.

LOL @ the edges... ha ha GO TIA!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd June 2010, 12:51 pm

I hate when...

- People touch my hair without asking (hell even when they ask)...unless you greasing my scalp or styling it, you dont need to be touching it like that...lol

- Ask me/Tell me about my hair looking the way it does because I have "good hair"...(lets be less ignorant please)
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 23rd June 2010, 3:31 pm

I hate when my aunts see that I'm transitioning and they say "why don't you let your mother put a relaxer in your hair? she always took good care of your hair"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Since when is putting a relaxer in your child's hair taking "GOOD" care of it???? And I'm 20 years old, my mother is no longer in charge of my hair!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd June 2010, 3:31 pm

Muz wrote: I hate it when I'm trying to figure out how to do something and I can't get it, so I get frustrated and just end up throwing some twists in it. LOL

Oh, and I had my first experience with someone putting their hands in my hair without asking first, she's lucky she goes to my church and I've known her like my whole life. LOL

OMGoodness someone did that to me at church and she pulled on my hair HARD while i was talking to someone else. I actually stopped mid sentence and told her DON'T DO THAT!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 23rd June 2010, 6:10 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:

My white roommate in college had an assignment that required her to smell and feel things she's never seen before and guess what she used? All of my hair care products!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hahahahah That's a good one!! I mean I don't mind explaining things they don't understand! I think it's instructional! But that is definitely OD!! ahaha
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

I hate it when... - Page 2 Empty Reply

Post by Naturally Esq 23rd June 2010, 10:15 pm

gigihaitiancurly wrote:
Naturally Esq wrote:What products are you using? What is your routine?

I don't really have a routine... I wash my hair every time I feel like it and cowash the days I feel my hair is clean but could use a little moisturizing. I had my hair in a TWA for about a year because I liked it that way and I wasn't ready for all the work longer hair demands. Then, I did A LOT of wash and go's.. basically everyday! I used to just put my head under the shower in the morning, splash some Softsheen Carson Care free curls instant curl activator gold (I love that thing! makes my hair soo soft and moisturized for days!) and head out. But now that I have decided to let my hair grow, the wash and go (and the summer weather!) is not working anymore. I have about 5 inches of hair on my head and I have no idea what to do with it. The only products I use are herbal essence hello hydration condish, plamers coconut conditioner, raw Shea butter ( don't like it too much because it's too greasy), carefree curls instant activator and eco styler gel olive oil for when I have no idea of what else to do....

I have some suggestions but I don't want to interrupt this thread. Can you repost under a different thread/title?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next