CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate it when...

+47
Neems
PolymerGirl
HappyCurly
CheneyRochon
krys419
C.
missqueenlene
honeybrown1976
Lanabell1219
CurlyChefRobin
myfroisaverage
lena73
LoveleeMama
dajewel
Free2Be
earniece
Red53
IndigoHarmony
Butterfly126
BrownSkinDiva
Nessa101
Naturally Esq
gigihaitiancurly
Ebbz
Mangos&Bananas
NaturallyCLD
BattleKat
earynnm
curlybarbi48
s4pphir3
Muz
AshElleAye
WhosThatRedHead
Curly_Aquarius
curlista
DreamMerchant
Nikcoils
deeply_rooted_chick
Lynnieluve
TriniCherryPrincess
tiashaunteƩ
predestined010
BajanPrincess82
Annapolitan
mstokes2008
4EverNatural
elleeccentric
51 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

I hate it when... - Page 5 Empty Re: I hate it when...

Post by elleeccentric 15th July 2010, 2:19 am

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] stupid people.

I went salsa dancing the other night at Blue Martini (my avatar pic is from their website) and a lady asked what "island" I was from? I said "None I am from Florida." She goes "did you date a man from PR?" WHAT?! Really? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Stupid people

WOW [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ....Thats the first time I heard that one! So having nice natural curls=dating puerto ricans?.... I dont see the correlation. Smh at the the ignorance of these fools
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 15th July 2010, 4:55 pm

Well my family have been by far the worst critics ever. I hate when they make comments about my daughter's hair....oh it's too thick...I can put a kiddie perm in it....blah blah blah....Leave my child and her hair alone....or they often compare her to her little sister.....oh she has the good hair, its so nice....I wanna ask them wth is good/nice hair? It frustrates me because I want them both to know that they are beautiful. I know what it's like to be compared to someone else and it's not a feeling I want them to experience
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolymerGirl 15th July 2010, 7:35 pm

tresmom08, that's really unfortunate. Being compared to other people sucks. Have you tried to talk to them about it? Do they realize that could hurt your child's self esteem?
PolymerGirl
PolymerGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 15th July 2010, 10:36 pm

I love this thread, but I hate it when
1. People pull my twists to see how long my hair is. It is not a toy and no, my hair is not as short as it looks.
2. People assume my hair is fake.
3. People touch my hair roughly, especially when I'm wearing a fro. I am meticulous about my fros. I've always hated people putting their hands on my hair (even my mother. I love you Mom.) but I hate it even more now because people treat my hair like it's a circus freak.
4. My twists are ready for a fabulous twist out and I don't have any where to go for days. I find myself wanting to force myself to go out just so the style doesn't go to waste.
5. I find myself wanting to jump on other people's regimen bandwagon. What I am doing is working for me and I need to just except that.
6. I try to create a style and my hair is not cooperating. I've been tempted to go into the basement and take it all off with the clippers. I've been close.
7. People hate on their own hair and won't give it a chance in its natural state.

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 16th July 2010, 12:49 pm

PolymerGirl wrote:tresmom08, that's really unfortunate. Being compared to other people sucks. Have you tried to talk to them about it? Do they realize that could hurt your child's self esteem?

Yes I talk to them about it but they think if they say it in a "joking manner" it's ok. I make sure to tell her daily that she is beautiful and that God made her special.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by AmariC05 16th July 2010, 2:08 pm

OMG me too! I get the Uhhh why'd you cut your hair? everytime I have to show someone my driver's license (it still has my long relaxed hari on the pciture) lol

~*AmariC*~
Natural Since March 19, 2010
www.annalisa-online.com
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5