CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments you hate!!!

+35
KeetaRay
mommydiva
~JOME~
AimWard
Starlight
iri9109
Nikcoils
C.
BrownSkinDiva
deeply_rooted_chick
CurlsGalore
DvaAuNaturel
MellowOne
hurjurnee
WhenWeWereQueens
Cherry: extraordinary!
Curly_Aquarius
MsJay1121
Karyn
TMS
Lynnieluve
DreamMerchant
Juices-n-Berries
Nessa101
naturallydestined
Deva_87
PanaR3dd
Free2Be
sweetdrk1
Curliana
envizionj
Furlie
snappynappy
LadyMika
natural813
39 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Comments you hate!!! Empty Comments you hate!!!

Post by natural813 11th April 2010, 4:14 pm

I really hate to here people talk about how my hair is good hair. I hate that type of comment. Why because they don't think there hair is good enough and if there own was more like mines then they can. The self hate with hair really needs to stop. I wont stop it for them. They will figure it out for themself eventually or not. oh well.

Any comments about your hair or natural hair in general that just gets on your nerves???
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Comments you hate!!! Empty Re: Comments you hate!!!

Post by LadyMika 11th April 2010, 4:29 pm

I think the one that pissed me off the most was when a co-worker quipped that "you and your natural hair...you're just pretty FOR A DARK GIRL". That was probably the MOST negative comment I've gotten in the year and three months I've been natural.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 11th April 2010, 4:33 pm

Being told that I have nappy _______ hair and that black people NEED relaxers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Furlie 11th April 2010, 4:46 pm

The first time I wore my natural hair to the office a black coworker asked if I was having a bad hair day.
Furlie
Furlie

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 11th April 2010, 4:49 pm

I hear that "Good hair" comment as well because they have never seen natural hair shiny. I have also been accused have having a texturizer in my hair. I tell them that they have good hair also and just need to apply the right products to get the same look. Of course they are too lazy to buy the products. I even hear "You must spend a lot of money." I tell them much less than you sitting in the salon for 1/2 day and spending all that money every week to 2 weeks. Mind you, they are paying $35 just for a wash and set. The price for the conditioner and color is extra. Don't forget the weave at $8.00 - $10.00 a track. If you want to relax your hair and have no issues, that is fine, but it didn't work for me and I'm still battling with restoring my hairline from chemical damage since I was 12 years old. Back when I had a relaxer, it was Ultra Sheen (burned the scalp like I don't know what) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One woman said to me "Are you ever going back to a relaxer?" I said "For what? Don't you see my sheen and curl definition?" She said "Yes." Mind you I can see right through her thin hair to her scalp. This is the same woman that told me that her supervisor at the cleaning company she works for kept asking her when she was going to do her hair. The supervisor even told her that she would pay for her daughter to do her hair since the daughter has a hair salon. Just because she didn't take legal action against the company and broke down a few weeks ago and relaxed her hair, due to pressure, does not mean I have to because of what she thinks.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When she came to me with that story a few weeks ago, I told her she could be a millionaire with that mess of a supervisor harassing you about getting a relaxer put in your hair in this day and age. I told her any of the attorneys at the firm would have represented her for free for the harassment. Yet, here you come weeks later telling me about relaxing my hair. She even had the audacity to tell me that although her daughter is a beautician, she does not have time to do her hair. Well then, what was the point to go back to the relaxer if you are going to lose your hair since you don't have anyone to treat it for you because of a shoulder injury you had?

A lot of people are shocked when I tell them I put shea butter, coconut and castor oil in my hair. They believe those products are only for the skin.

Thank goodness Rustic Beauty from YouTube.com tipped me onto the shea butter when I was watching her videos last year. It really helped because last week when it was so hot over here, the shea butter as a sunscreen protectant, really saved my hair from the blazing sun.

Last edited by envizionj on 11th April 2010, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 11th April 2010, 4:57 pm

natural813 wrote:I really hate to here people talk about how my hair is good hair. I hate that type of comment. Why because they don't think there hair is good enough and if there own was more like mines then they can. The self hate with hair really needs to stop. I wont stop it for them. They will figure it out for themself eventually or not. oh well.

Any comments about your hair or natural hair in general that just gets on your nerves???

I have gotten that 'good hair' comment a lot. My hair is generally curly, S pattern, and generally soft. But I think everyone can achieve curl definition and softness with the proper care and products. So that 'i don't have hair like yours' comment is null.

Besides, many people don't even remember what their natural texture looks like, much less be able to make a comment about being unable to deal with it.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th April 2010, 5:54 pm

You have the face for it.... Surprised what kind of face is that? scratch
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 11th April 2010, 6:10 pm

My SIL always gives me the "good hair" response when I try to encourage her to wear her hair curly. (She has no chemicals in her hair, but she flat irons it every single day.) She'll say, "Naw, girl. You've got that good hair." and I'm like Rolling Eyes

My father said something odd yesterday that sort of irked me. He looked over at me and said, "I can't believe the girl who doesn't watch black movies is wearing an afro." Yeah, whatever dad. His comment is because I don't watch every Tyler Perry movie that comes out, so somehow I'm anti-black. I just prefer older, classic movies. Sorry, I'm a nerd.

My brother is still being sarcastic as well. Every time I walk into a room he pumps his fist and says, "Black Power!" LOL

I want to say I don't care, but I care a little bit because I want them to understand why I'm doing this. It's not about trying to reach my inner black woman or anything like that. It's completely about the health of my hair and the proof is in the pudding. I told them yesterday that I could have covered Dad's and my brother's bald spots with the hair found in the drain after ONE shampoo a year ago. Now, I don't have to get a paper towel to pick up the huge clump of hair stuck in the drain. My hair is not coming out anymore. It's thick, no split ends, no dryness, etc. One would think intelligent people could understand that.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 11th April 2010, 6:16 pm

I like all of your comments. I heard all of them for the short time of me being natural which is 3 weeks. I just think anyone can go natural no matter how your hair look. There is also no face that is for natural hair I believe that is just an excuse not to me their own self. Today I was talking to my little cousin she mention how my hair is good whatever to that comment, and how she can't go natural blah blah, she said how I got a relaxer at 13 and because of that I dealed with my hair longer so its ok. Truth is I knew nothing about my hair when I was younger. She also mentioned how she been gettin relaxers since 4 which is terrible. But if I don't encourage people to go natural its ok because as long my hair is healthy and happy that is all that matters to me. Natural hair is so beautiful can't believe I ever got it relaxed.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 11th April 2010, 6:26 pm

i get the good hair comments too and yes they annoy me but the worst for me is after i have taken time to do my hair and i feel its cute then someone asks me "are you gonna do your hair or wear it like that" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...Excuse me!!
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 11th April 2010, 6:29 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:i get the good hair comments too and yes they annoy me but the worst for me is after i have taken time to do my hair and i feel its cute then someone asks me "are you gonna do your hair or wear it like that" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...Excuse me!!

That is a really rude comment. I would of said first of all why you worried about my hair in the first place. Girl I think your hair is so cute so if anyone think other ways they hating [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th April 2010, 6:47 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:i get the good hair comments too and yes they annoy me but the worst for me is after i have taken time to do my hair and i feel its cute then someone asks me "are you gonna do your hair or wear it like that" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...Excuse me!!

See, THAT is enough to earn a Brooklyn Stompout. So RUDE!!! Mad
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 11th April 2010, 7:01 pm

that is really rude. But yesterday I realized that the word nappy still kinda bothers me. a friend who had not seen me since my BC said " so you're wearing it nappy huh" and i shuddered a bit.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 11th April 2010, 9:21 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You have the face for it.... Surprised what kind of face is that? scratch

That's a frequent one for me too!
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 11th April 2010, 9:55 pm

It looks nice, but when are you gonna straighten it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It makes me feel self conscious
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 11th April 2010, 9:57 pm

Or oh it's your bun. I'm like yes and ??
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th April 2010, 10:20 pm

@Nessa I love your bun and how you accessorized. Can't wait till my hair
is long enough for buns.

I made a Youtube video a while back entitled "Conversations I Dread"
where I addressed the pet peeve convos people ask. It's like y first
vid, so the quality isn't too great, but it answers the question. Lol.
Feel free to comment.

Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 11:26 pm

I teach 9th grade math and every other day my students comment on my hair. "Oh Mrs. B, you mixed right", "Mrs. B got that good hair", Mrs. B, you got indian in you?". And there are so many more. I try to use those comments as teaching tools. I tell them that there is no such thing as good hair and blah, blah, blah. One student said to me "Mrs. B, are you mixed?', I said no. She says "Are you sure?", and I say yes. Then the little heffer had the nerve to say "Do you know who your real daddy is?" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was pissed but I had to stay calm and say "I am not directly mixed with anything. I may be generationally mixed but nothing within the last 200 years". I have noticed that many of my black female students are taking better care of their hair. I started as a long term sub in January and they gave me hell about my twists. I heard them talking about me saying things like medusa, spiderhead, nappy head, she needs a perm or whatever. Now that I am here they love my hair. They always want to touch it. I told them that I was challenging myself to grow 2 inches by June. They have been trying to measure my hair. Teens are weird.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th April 2010, 12:12 am

I always get "You got that good hair" and I always respond by saying, "You do too but you just dont know it yet" and "You've got the face for it"

I ask them, "Do you even know what your natural hair looks like?" And most times the answer is no.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 12th April 2010, 12:17 am

DreamMerchant wrote:I teach 9th grade math and every other day my students comment on my hair. "Oh Mrs. B, you mixed right", "Mrs. B got that good hair", Mrs. B, you got indian in you?". And there are so many more. I try to use those comments as teaching tools. I tell them that there is no such thing as good hair and blah, blah, blah. One student said to me "Mrs. B, are you mixed?', I said no. She says "Are you sure?", and I say yes. Then the little heffer had the nerve to say "Do you know who your real daddy is?" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was pissed but I had to stay calm and say "I am not directly mixed with anything. I may be generationally mixed but nothing within the last 200 years". I have noticed that many of my black female students are taking better care of their hair. I started as a long term sub in January and they gave me hell about my twists. I heard them talking about me saying things like medusa, spiderhead, nappy head, she needs a perm or whatever. Now that I am here they love my hair. They always want to touch it. I told them that I was challenging myself to grow 2 inches by June. They have been trying to measure my hair. Teens are weird.

I would have been HOT! Whatever happened to respect your elders?
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 12th April 2010, 12:20 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:@Nessa I love your bun and how you accessorized. Can't wait till my hair
is long enough for buns.

I made a Youtube video a while back entitled "Conversations I Dread"
where I addressed the pet peeve convos people ask. It's like y first
vid, so the quality isn't too great, but it answers the question. Lol.
Feel free to comment.

Nice video!

Only up until recently (when I started taking care of my hair), I started cringing when someone would say "You have good hair" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. One time when I was browsing Naturally Curly in school (hehehe curly nikki is blocked and yes, I should've been doing work, but oh well) and I happened to scroll past a random pic of a head of hair with thick 4a/4b hair with amazing sheen (or some crazy flash [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and some dude goes "EWWW" and I got SUPER defensive of this random women's curls. I was SO mad. He was just like "...dang, why you gotta be so mean to me?" Pft. There will be NO natural hatin' when I'm around [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 12th April 2010, 3:09 pm

LOL, I taught Algebra I (9th grade math) as well; went from straight hair to a wash n go puff in a week's time. Here's how that day went:

"Mrs. Frank, is that a piece?"
"Did you spray jheri curl activator on?"
"I didn't know you had a crimper!"
"Are you mixed?"
"Can I touch?" followed by "OMG, your hair is ACTUALLY soft!"
"When you gon straighten it again?"

Oddly enough, these were all comments from the girls. The boys LOVED it.... lol
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 12th April 2010, 3:16 pm

Mo, your hair ain't natural it's just good...
I wish I had your hair....
You wear your hair to old school for me....
and my reply is, well I can't say what I said here I kinda got a bad mouth.Smile
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 12th April 2010, 9:39 pm

@natural813 thanks girl lol..@ mika i know right when it was said i jerked my neck back madd hard like WHAT!!! lol
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 3:05 pm

I have a twa and i got hit with "you have the right shaped head for it" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] what? lol (in my head: so people are going around judging head shapes now?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next