CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is why I hate going to the salon now

+15
rayray19
creolebeauty1
Loving me
sweetdrk1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Color_Me_Coily
shauntielavette
FalconTress
mizcreativelyme
BlondeByDesire
queenshakirah
Ambitious_Tiff
Fleur
Umph
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is why I hate going to the salon now Empty This is why I hate going to the salon now

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 4:52 pm

So my hair has been weird lately. I was doing DCs and a protein treat. and stuff to try to help it but it was still was getting tangly and frizzy and had lots of fly-aways and I could just tell something wasn't right. Then I realized that I probably need a trim. So I decided today to go get one. Now I was hesitant to go to a white salon for fear of scaring them to death with my hair but I was hestitant to go to a black salon too cuz I don't always trust them to be real. They wanna chop your hair off when you not lookin. And they handle the hair rough. Anyway...I decided on the black salon.

Bad sign #1- Well the stylist comes into the waiting room and goes "So who is it that needs a cut?"..SHIT. I was like, I said "TRIM".
Bad Sign #2- So she takes my in to the salon and whats the first thing I hear from every chick in there...OOOOH CHILE LOOK AT THAT HURR!...SHIT.
Bad sign#3- So she goes u know I'mma have to press that out to trim it right?
I said "I don't use heat." She goes "well I HAVE to press it." I go "well then I HAVE to leave".

Pause. She goes "well I'll wet it and see if it stretches out enough for me to trim it fairly even. Fine. So she decides she can trim it and sits me in the chair. I had to let her know. I said look,not tryin to be rude but, I hate coming to the salon period but I really hate coming for a trim cuz people wanna cut your hair off. Now...I want 1/4 to 1/2 in trimmed. I WILL NOT be leaving here w/ a haircut. I am NOT PAYING for a haircut. So please be careful. She goes "aight" and pulls out this rattail comb to comb through my hair (hard) to trim the ends. I was like lady...for real? Cringing the whole time. Anyway...my point is that the whole experience made me realize how much I hate having other people up in my hair now. And the best person to do my hair is me. The trim came out fine and my hair feels MUCH better but damn! So complicated.

Back to top Go down

This is why I hate going to the salon now Empty Re: This is why I hate going to the salon now

Post by Umph 6th January 2011, 5:02 pm

SO COMPLICATED is right! Just plain ignorant...

I'm glad she did the TRIM correctly.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

This is why I hate going to the salon now Empty Re: This is why I hate going to the salon now

Post by Fleur 6th January 2011, 5:11 pm

I'm glad that you stood your ground. You were adamant about what you wanted and checked that crap at the door. I could never understand how stylists cant comply with what the customers are paying for. There's always some extra ish. It's like they graduated from the Edward Scissorhands School of Hair and Beauty: snip, snip, snip; chop, chop, chop. I need to learn how to trim my own hair because I've been burned too many times before.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 6th January 2011, 5:22 pm

Girl I was scared for a minute. I thought you were gonna say she pulled the okey doke on you!! I am glad she got your trim right. Hate it took all that though. Kudos to you for standing your ground and making it very clear what you wanted!! Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 6th January 2011, 5:36 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Girl I was scared for a minute. I thought you were gonna say she pulled the okey doke on you!! I am glad she got your trim right. Hate it took all that though. Kudos to you for standing your ground and making it very clear what you wanted!! Very Happy

Me too girl!! I was holding my breath.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th January 2011, 5:46 pm

see - I'm not looking forward that experience either ... I'm due a trim in March
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 6th January 2011, 5:49 pm

guuuurrrl, by the way you began your story, i thought the CN fam was gone have to gear up and head to TX to open up a can of WA on somebody!
whew ... glad you let her know what time of day it was. but the attitude and the lack of professionalism that many stylist boast is not cool at all.

mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 5:50 pm

Girl that trim came out good cuz I watched her like a hawk! I'm sure she was annoyed and thought I was tryin to tell her how to do her job but oh well...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 5:51 pm

LMAO @ Mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 6th January 2011, 5:52 pm

I go "well then I HAVE to leave".
If only more women would remember that they are the client & make this statement.

and this one

Now...I want 1/4 to 1/2 in trimmed. I WILL NOT be leaving here w/ a haircut. I am NOT PAYING for a haircut. So please be careful.

If enough naturals abandon salons, they will figure out how to do what is asked without the drama.

Glad you got what you asked for.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by shauntielavette 6th January 2011, 6:07 pm

The last salon I went to, the woman said you HAVE to TRIM it while it is curly....Trimming it while it is straight is not appropriate.
shauntielavette
shauntielavette

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 6:19 pm

@ shauntielavette- Just goes to show how much mis information is out there. Many stylists don't know what the hell to do. So I say do what the client says! lol. BTW to me it makes more sense to cut curly b/c thats how I wear my hair. I never straighten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 6th January 2011, 6:35 pm

LMAOOOOOOO Funny story...

I’m glad she didn’t scalp you though =)
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 6th January 2011, 6:51 pm

Gurrl. So glad you held your ground. I understand though, some black beauticians are so PUSHY. Like, why can't I come in here, get what I asked for and leave?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th January 2011, 6:57 pm

queenshakirah wrote:
Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Girl I was scared for a minute. I thought you were gonna say she pulled the okey doke on you!! I am glad she got your trim right. Hate it took all that though. Kudos to you for standing your ground and making it very clear what you wanted!! Very Happy

Me too girl!! I was holding my breath.
ditto
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 6th January 2011, 7:01 pm

Naturally_Hollie wrote:LMAOOOOOOO Funny story...

I’m glad she didn’t scalp you though =)

LMAO! oh damn, that would have been tragic.

So glad it turned out okay!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th January 2011, 8:42 pm

Girl as i was reading the story i thought you were going to say i walked out with a TWA OMG we would have had to hunt her down smh Glad she at least did what you wanted and didn't chop it off i need to be more like that when and if i go to a salon for my chop i found a natural hair salon near me so maybe ill check them out Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th January 2011, 8:58 pm

im soooo going to have your attitude when, and if i go in for a trim!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 6th January 2011, 9:12 pm

*Clapping hands*
you stood your ground but I don't think i will ever walk into a hair salon too many bad experiences

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 6th January 2011, 9:14 pm

Craving curlz this was me yesterday.

I'm really stubborn when it comes to trimming my hair. My mom has been telling me for the last two months to get a trim and i'm like no its okay i'll do it another time. Anyways I was detangling my hair the other day and it was just coming out from the ends and they were so dry and gross I finally decided to trim. So I went to the same salon I used to go to and told the lady just a deep conditioning treatment, a blowout and trim so she said ok. This other lady was the one that was gonna do everything minus the trim. She pulls out this tiny little comb to detangle my hair and I was like umm no I'll do it myself. After she washed my hair (which she didn't do a good job of) and deep conditioning my hair she detangles again prior to blowdrying. When she was detangling she held a big chunk of my hair and starts pulling from root to tip. I was like WTF who let this lady work here. I didn't wanna be rude to her, but i'm like this is my hair shes yanking. I wanted to take the comb and hit her upside the head like wtf are you doing.

Next time I need a trim i'm blowdrying and doing everything at home Mad
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th January 2011, 9:18 pm

This is exactly why I trim my own hair. I trimmed it yesterday on straight hair (first time). I usually trim on blown out hair.

The good thing about curly hair is it is forgiving if you dont cut it "even"

There are enough videos on Youtube for you to learn to do it yourself.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 6th January 2011, 9:22 pm

wow I hate to think what the outcome would be if you hadnt been so firm about what you wanted! I am glad you got a decent trim though. I am so scared to go.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 9:42 pm

creolebeauty1 wrote:Girl as i was reading the story i thought you were going to say i walked out with a TWA OMG we would have had to hunt her down smh Glad she at least did what you wanted and didn't chop it off i need to be more like that when and if i go to a salon for my chop i found a natural hair salon near me so maybe ill check them out Smile

Girl no! If I had walked outta there w/a twa ya'll woulda never heard from me on CN again (I don't think theres internet access in jail...)

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 6th January 2011, 9:50 pm

Nessa101 wrote:Craving curlz this was me yesterday.

I'm really stubborn when it comes to trimming my hair. My mom has been telling me for the last two months to get a trim and i'm like no its okay i'll do it another time. Anyways I was detangling my hair the other day and it was just coming out from the ends and they were so dry and gross I finally decided to trim. So I went to the same salon I used to go to and told the lady just a deep conditioning treatment, a blowout and trim so she said ok. This other lady was the one that was gonna do everything minus the trim. She pulls out this tiny little comb to detangle my hair and I was like umm no I'll do it myself. After she washed my hair (which she didn't do a good job of) and deep conditioning my hair she detangles again prior to blowdrying. When she was detangling she held a big chunk of my hair and starts pulling from root to tip. I was like WTF who let this lady work here. I didn't wanna be rude to her, but i'm like this is my hair shes yanking. I wanted to take the comb and hit her upside the head like wtf are you doing.

Next time I need a trim i'm blowdrying and doing everything at home Mad

Oooo girl I feel ya! See thats why we gotta learn to trim our own. If you go to the salon and you are sittin in the seat wanting to punch the stylist the whole time...you shouldn't even be there LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 6th January 2011, 10:06 pm

haha so true, but i'm glad we had the confidence to speak up Very Happy A year ago I would've let her do what she wanted because I didn't wanna seem rude.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next