CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth Names

+115
AmariC05
MEGAFAITH
SeanymphPrincess
zinny 4a kinks
krys419
CurlyChefRobin
Runtinkrun
TheRYL1
Cnicoles6
Janet36603
cocowantshealthyhair
MsKendrala
WhosThatRedHead
whereswentz!
kurlegurl
dawn1980
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
rayray19
ldwatters
Ebbz
thicktjt88
Sasha B.
CreoleLady88
mesocoillee
BrownSkinDiva
MsChris8
jac.attack
Treece
summerbreeze76
denise78
danniebella
Curly_Aquarius
fnggrant
laleepop14
jada07
curlsunfurled
goombagirl
hayylee
LadyMika
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
SighSidhe
Cherry: extraordinary!
naturalhonney
jamaicacurl
BajanPrincess82
tashafawn24
Tiffy2
lena73
natural813
Deva_87
allicat36
Armywife
Free2Be
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
prettybrowneyes66
PanaR3dd
Curliana
nikismiles
Tierra
MomnWife
NaturalTina
DreamMerchant
guineegirl
cassadie3
bmari3
QuietButterfly
BekkaPoo
novembre
CurlsGalore
SweeTea2011
Nikcoils
Butterfly126
~JOME~
ablockle
EmbracingNaturalMe
NaturallyPrecious
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Vee
HAMPTONSFNST
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
xtremelyperfect
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
frivolous
DvaAuNaturel
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
blondie
snappynappy
lumii
Janique
Juices-n-Berries
AdriEm
Tamren
naturalmommyGA
Mz. Thang
Erica5417
Niqui36
popsbaby
hurjurnee
iri9109
KinkyNappyHappy
Karyn
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Heart2Worship
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
dajewel
CrissyQ
119 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Birth Names - Page 4 Empty Re: Birth Names

Post by Butterfly126 8th April 2010, 6:11 pm

Kabrina Shari

My dad named me because my first name means something like "a princess, a legendary woman". My middle name is pronounced like (Share-e) people always say (Shaw-ree).

I also have about 30 nicknames! Now that Im 20 years old I am no longer "Kabrina the teenage witch" But my college friends have started calling me "Kaboo" lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Butterfly126 on 21st July 2010, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 6:33 pm

Nikco Marguetta (Palmer) Moore

My first name Nikco (pronounced KNEE-CO) as a child I used to point to my knee and say that. Family would always call me Nicole or Nikki, Teachers would always pronouce it Nick-O. My mom name me after her aunt's deceased DOG!!! Yeah a Dog. She told me it was the prettiest dog she'd ever seen. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Really MOM! One summer as a teenager i met 5 other people named Nikco (of course spelled differently and half of them boys) When i sent out graduation announcements to family they didn't know who it was from. They would ask since when has your name been Nikco...um since I was born!

Middle name Marguetta (name after my cousin Maquette) I always wrote my middle name as Marquette or just the letter M. Cause i can't stand Marguetta. So when I got married i changed my middle name to Palmer my madien name.

SIDENOTE: My mom also was told I would be a boy and she said she was gonna name me Chauncey. Thank GOD! I was born a girl she really wanted me to get beat up as a child with a name like Chauncey..lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th April 2010, 6:41 pm

Butterfly126 wrote:Kabrina Shari Dumas

My dad named me because my first name means something like "a princess, a legendary woman". My middle name is pronounced like (Share-e) people always say (Shaw-ree).

I also have about 30 nicknames! Now that Im 20 years old I am no longer "Kabrina the teenage witch" But my college friends have started calling me "Kaboo" lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love the name Kabrina, so pretty. i wanted my daughter's name to that but her father did not like it, so we named her Zaria.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 8th April 2010, 6:54 pm

I love the name Kabrina, so pretty. i wanted my daughter's name to that but her father did not like it, so we named her Zaria.[/quote]

I heard of the name Zaria before. I think it's so pretty; any idea if it has a meaning?
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 8th April 2010, 7:06 pm

These stories have me cracking up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My name is Turkessia (tur-key-sa) Monique. I was named by 2 of my great aunts. As far as I know my name is completely made up...but I love it. I can pronounce my name 10x for a person and they will still call me Takesha or Taquesha....idk. I have a ton of nicknames but most of my guy friends end up calling me Turk (at first I HATED this nickname but over the years I've learned to embrace it. I always end up with a group of guy friends that come at me with the same story..."girl your name is tooo long...I"m just going to call you Turk")...funny how my girlfriends seem to have no problem with Turkessia...the guys are just being lazy...lol

My initials are TMC (the movie channel...right on point because I'm a big movie buff)

I was really sad when I decided to do a random face book search a few months ago and found 3 other chicks with the exact same spelling of my 1st name...I'd always secretly thought that I was the only Turkessia in the world [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 8th April 2010, 7:12 pm

Thanks RoseBud!

Zaria is a cute name! I've never heard it before, its unique.
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 8th April 2010, 7:19 pm

Vee wrote:I have tears of laughter after reading these stories...you chicas are hilarious [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !!!!

My name is pretty simple...Veronica Lee Gilbert.

Lee is after my dad...in fact both my brother and I have the same middle name, he is Henry Lee (country, I know). My mom thought it would be cute for us to share the same middle name...whatever. I considered going by my middle name in highschool, just to be different but I never did [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Most of my fam call me, "Ms. V", something my brother came up with when I was born. And I have a few college buddies and old coworkers that call me Vicki (like my name is Victoria).

My dad's name is henry lee and my mom's third husband name was harvey lee....ridiculous [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 9th April 2010, 4:34 pm

My name is Amma (ah-mah) Kyeiwaa (shay-wah) Boateng (bwah-ting). My name is originated from Ghana and I was named after my late grandmother. My name means grace and ancient in the Akan language.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by novembre 9th April 2010, 4:48 pm

wow a lot of great stories...none for me..im simply named joyce marie hargrove...
novembre
novembre

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 9th April 2010, 5:11 pm

Rebekka - hebrew, biblical name. Has a few different meanings "servant of God", "heifer" ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), and "tied/bound".
Maria- Latin and/or Hebrew for "sea" and "rebellious" (very appropriate for me), also Biblical (variant of Mary).
Rita- Spanish, meaning "pearl".

My birth family name was Swedish, then I was adopted by my stepdad so now it's French. I'm engaged to a Venezuelan man, but when we're married my last name will be Polish. I love confusing folks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th April 2010, 5:32 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:My name is Amma (ah-mah) Kyeiwaa (shay-wah) Boateng (bwah-ting). My name is originated from Ghana and I was named after my late grandmother. My name means grace and ancient in the Akan language.

What do you go by? I would mess your name up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th April 2010, 5:39 pm

NaturallyPrecious wrote:I love the name Kabrina, so pretty. i wanted my daughter's name to that but her father did not like it, so we named her Zaria.

I heard of the name Zaria before. I think it's so pretty; any idea if it has a meaning?[/quote]

it means princess. And she is mommy's princess. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 9th April 2010, 5:45 pm

Jennifer Louise Thomas

I'm named after my Dad's sister, Jennifer and my Mom's sister Louise. My Mom came up with that collaboration, lol. I'm glad it was Jennifer Louise and not Louise Jennifer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So my Daddy just shortened both names and came up with my nickname, which is Jenny Lou, which turns into Jenny Loops or Jenny Loopies depending on how he's feeling that day lol
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by bmari3 9th April 2010, 6:44 pm

Brandie Devon Hawthorne

When I asked my mom what inspired my name she said she wanted to name me Amber but my dad wasnt around during the delivery and that he was off somewhere drinking go figure Brandy.. I thought she was going to give me a very memorable story behing how my name was chosen. I was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] r u serious?? Well at least my middle name has meaning to it. Her bestfriends middle name was passed along to me..

When choosing names for our children my husband and I gave much thought and meaning to it..
bmari3
bmari3

Back to top Go down

Birth Names - Page 4 Empty Cassidy Sadie

Post by cassadie3 9th April 2010, 7:20 pm

...hence the screen name! I just took the -idy off of my first name and its basically the same thing!!

I was supposed to be a boy and named Brandon (of all things, after Punky Brewster's dog). But I wasn't I was a girl. And my mom was reading some Judy Blume while waiting to deliver and there was a character in it named Cassidy! Sadie is from my great grand mother (and means princess).

Interestingly enough, Cassadie IS a real name and has the same root/origin/meaning of Cassidy= "CURLY HEADED"!! perfect.
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 9th April 2010, 9:45 pm

wow, there are some cool names on here. and it looks like we have quite a few africans. woot woot! mine is siatta mansaray. siatta is african but according to my father has 'muslim/arabic' roots. my last name is derived by mansa musa of mali and the fulani tribe

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 9th April 2010, 10:01 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
CurlsGalore wrote:My name is Amma (ah-mah) Kyeiwaa (shay-wah) Boateng (bwah-ting). My name is originated from Ghana and I was named after my late grandmother. My name means grace and ancient in the Akan language.

What do you go by? I would mess your name up.

I go by Amma. My name has gone through the ringer all my life...
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th April 2010, 11:34 pm

My name is Tiffany Joy (Roberts) Bucher

My brother was hollaring that he wanted a chocolate sister for about a year and my mom told him that if she has a baby girl that he would get to name me. Well, my brother named me Tiffany (I do not know where he got the name because he was only 3 1/2 years old. My middle name "Joy" came from my grandmother because her first name was Joyce. My mom wanted to name me Brownie Brooke but my dad was not having it. I think it is kind a cool. it has flavor to it!

My brother's name was suppose to have been Brandon Alexander but my dad hated that and they named him after my dad so his name is Franklin DeWitt (poor fella).

My brother use to make me cry when I was little because he would threaten to take my name back and that I would go around nameless! I was too little to know better!

Last name is pronounced Boo-khur, not busher, butcher, or bushee. It is german.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 9th April 2010, 11:47 pm

Christina Maria Hunter Smile

I was named after my mom's younger brother, Christopher, and my grandmother gave me my middle name.
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 10th April 2010, 12:10 am

Dang, I don't have a story.

Desiree Michele Sumner

My mom just liked the name. I have no clue where my middle name came from. I married a Sumner, so there is the story behind that.

FYI, my maiden is Jolley.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tierra 10th April 2010, 1:28 am

My name is Tierra LaShay Catlett.....no interesting story behind it but i think it's an alright name Very Happy
Tierra
Tierra

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 10th April 2010, 1:48 am

Niki Amanda
I was originally going to be Amanda Niki, but the nurse told my mother Niki Amanda sounded better and she went with it.

Most people can't get over the fact that my name isn't Nicole, and that it's JUST Niki. I now have some random kid in my grade telling everyone my name is Nicolette Timothy, because he doesn't believe my real name is Niki. Kids, lol.

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 10th April 2010, 2:41 am

My name is Ariana Colleen Smith.

I asked my mom what inspired Ariana and she explained to me that there was a character named Ariana on Star Trek. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I never had a problem with people pronouncing my name until i left NY. A-ri-a-na, Its all short A's. Then I began to get Adriana, Oriona, Airaina, Arina...all sortsa crap. As long as you start with an A and end with an A and manage to throw a N in there somewhere I'm fine. I can't slow pronounce my name anymore.

I always liked my middle name Col-leen. Though the social security people spelled it wrong- Coleen, like it's pronounced Co-leen. *shrug* I still spell it with two l's anyway.

And Smith is....Smith.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 10th April 2010, 3:46 am

hmmm my name is Yasmine Tamako Johnson..My mom got the yasmine part from watching star search..all my latino fam n friends call me jasmine curse those damn y to j's lol..I have been called everything from yazmeen to yasminda and im like really..And like if you dont have an accent and u call me Jasmine im pissed like DONT YOU SEE THE BIG Y@ the beginning DUH!!! Now i get oh Yasmine like the birth control pill [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but to family im mostly just yazzy or yazzypooh or yazzybear..My middle name was supposed to be tameka after some chick my dad knew but my mom "supposedly spelled it wrong"Sure Mom lol...so its TAMAKO (ty me ko)i know i know lol but i was usually called tomato anyway so now when people ask my name i just say im Redd lol...
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th April 2010, 8:37 am

Love the stories!! My daughter's name is Shelbey. I watched Steel Magnolias a million times when I was pregnant and although she dies I loved Julie Roberts character, she had spunk and refused to let her illness control her. One night in particular I am trying to stop the tears (yes I knew what would happen and cried anyway) and COPS came on and guess where they were located???? Shelbey County Georgia. I decided right then and there Shelbey it is!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next