CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth Names

+115
AmariC05
MEGAFAITH
SeanymphPrincess
zinny 4a kinks
krys419
CurlyChefRobin
Runtinkrun
TheRYL1
Cnicoles6
Janet36603
cocowantshealthyhair
MsKendrala
WhosThatRedHead
whereswentz!
kurlegurl
dawn1980
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
rayray19
ldwatters
Ebbz
thicktjt88
Sasha B.
CreoleLady88
mesocoillee
BrownSkinDiva
MsChris8
jac.attack
Treece
summerbreeze76
denise78
danniebella
Curly_Aquarius
fnggrant
laleepop14
jada07
curlsunfurled
goombagirl
hayylee
LadyMika
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
SighSidhe
Cherry: extraordinary!
naturalhonney
jamaicacurl
BajanPrincess82
tashafawn24
Tiffy2
lena73
natural813
Deva_87
allicat36
Armywife
Free2Be
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
prettybrowneyes66
PanaR3dd
Curliana
nikismiles
Tierra
MomnWife
NaturalTina
DreamMerchant
guineegirl
cassadie3
bmari3
QuietButterfly
BekkaPoo
novembre
CurlsGalore
SweeTea2011
Nikcoils
Butterfly126
~JOME~
ablockle
EmbracingNaturalMe
NaturallyPrecious
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Vee
HAMPTONSFNST
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
xtremelyperfect
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
frivolous
DvaAuNaturel
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
blondie
snappynappy
lumii
Janique
Juices-n-Berries
AdriEm
Tamren
naturalmommyGA
Mz. Thang
Erica5417
Niqui36
popsbaby
hurjurnee
iri9109
KinkyNappyHappy
Karyn
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Heart2Worship
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
dajewel
CrissyQ
119 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Birth Names - Page 5 Empty Re: Birth Names

Post by prettybrowneyes66 10th April 2010, 12:21 pm

Benelja Donnae Gilliard

My mom had the grand idea of letting my aunts name my sister and I, for whatever reason I guess she couldn't come up with anything. Her name is Beatrice Devon and my father's name is Darnell. So apparently there was a scramble board ( like on soul train), they threw in a few extra letters and hence came the names. My sister's name is Donneathia Benae. They both sound really pretty, but no one can handle that so I just go by 'D'
prettybrowneyes66
prettybrowneyes66

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 10th April 2010, 2:33 pm

deleted

Last edited by blondie on 10th April 2010, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 10th April 2010, 2:37 pm

blondie wrote:I really can't stand my birth name. I'm still swole at my mother over it. Smile I've legally changed it. I actually prefer one of my nicknames, which is a cousin's name...Edith Louise. Edith never left home husband, kids, and all, so that's how I got that name. Nobody ever thought I'd leave!

NubieNatty wrote:I got the most ghetto n video vixen/boyz n the hood movie type names of all time. Kisha...actually its TiKisha and i make sure i let everyone know NOT to put an E in my name cuz it makes it ghetto. Think kEyshia cole; kEcia, kEisha, kiEsha, Ke$ha (she aint foolin me wit some dmn keh-sha...im like chic thats a fancy way of sayin Kesha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

Kisha meaning the around the way girl, kickin it on the porch wit the fellaz, braiding their hair wit a 40 oz on the side. knows all the dope boyz, long SWV nails wit a fake LV bag who loves goin to the club wit her girls. mean muggin the haters n buckin on those red bones who "think they all that". hmmm, think Apache video "gangsta bytch".

ok ok ok i know i have a wild imagination but i use to HATE hearin my name on all the ghetto movies; menace II society, belly, or anything stereotyping ghetto-ness. So i let it be known i have TI in front to classy it up. i have no friggin idea why my DAD named me kisha and i keep forgettin to ask [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tikisha Marie Monagan; my middle name is from my mom and i got like 3 gf's wit the same. i plan on passin it down to my daughter someday **gazing into the heavens** i cant stand my last name and cant wait to get married to change it...it'll be just my luck my husband's last name is Mortimer, Roach, Egglestone, Dicksway or some other random name more weird than mine like Boogermuncher or some crap [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...so i guess it could be worse. folks ask if im german or irish...ummm no im BLACK (refer to first name)

I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!!!

My first name is "Kyesha" and I tell you, that mess HAD to go! I asked my ma, why didn't you just name me "I'm A Ghetto Black Chick" and eliminate the middle man?!!?

My mother was in the hospital, had just lost a child. A woman was in the hospital with her, had a baby, but her husband was in the pokey and she couldn't explain away a baby, so she had to leave it. I was named after that child that was abandoned in the hospital; the birth mother told the hospital staff my parents were going to adopt it. Per their lawyer, it would be way to messy, biological who knows who father, husband and therefore "legal father" in the pokey...they decided not to adopt. But I was named after her. Only thing I knew is that her biological father was Puerto Rican, birth mother black.

Years later in high school, I met a girl named "Keysha" (slightly different spelling), who looked like that ethnic mix, her age fit the time frame....and her middle name was Nicole. I'd found the abandoned baby!!!

Although I think the story behind the name is interesting....I despise that first name!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 10th April 2010, 6:13 pm

LOL....yall are hilarious!!

Mine is Sherisse Renee. Sherisse means "Cherished". Renee means "reborn". My mom was gonna name me Tiffany Monet but my brother was born instead of me...hehehe..so her friend who was pregnant with her had a girl and named her "Tiffany Monet". (Thank God!) And my mom got mad and changed it and named me after my aunt Sherry.
My name is really pronounced (cheri-sse Renee)(in my best Frenchman voice). But I just go by "Sher or Sha"risse cherry
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 10th April 2010, 6:20 pm

Oh and I love my 3 daughters names so I'll tell theirs

1. Justus Arianna(biblical "just & holy")
2. Areiya Renee' (pronounced A RAY A) we call her Sunshine
3. Jenesys Joy(the baby) pronounced "Genesis" Joy.

We named her that because Areiya(4 yr) has sickle cell and we were believing Jen would not have it and we would use her cord blood to have a transfusion for Areiya to cure her of her sickle cell.........and how many of ya'll know God Is Good?!!!! She was born with NO SICKLE CELL! And the Cord Blood company banks her cord blood for FREE for us!!! God is Real real real!! sunny
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 10th April 2010, 6:45 pm

blondie wrote:
I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!!!

My first name is "Kyesha" and I tell you, that mess HAD to go! I asked my ma, why didn't you just name me "I'm A Ghetto Black Chick" and eliminate the middle man?!!?

My mother was in the hospital, had just lost a child. A woman was in the hospital with her, had a baby, but her husband was in the pokey and she couldn't explain away a baby, so she had to leave it. I was named after that child that was abandoned in the hospital; the birth mother told the hospital staff my parents were going to adopt it. Per their lawyer, it would be way to messy, biological who knows who father, husband and therefore "legal father" in the pokey...they decided not to adopt. But I was named after her. Only thing I knew is that her biological father was Puerto Rican, birth mother black.

Years later in high school, I met a girl named "Keysha" (slightly different spelling), who looked like that ethnic mix, her age fit the time frame....and her middle name was Nicole. I'd found the abandoned baby!!!

Although I think the story behind the name is interesting....I despise that first name!

Shocked That's a really interesting story, the kind you might see on one of those "i found my long lost family" type shows lol C:

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 10th April 2010, 7:55 pm

You all are too funny! Love the stories about how your names were chosen.

Lori Michelle Hughes

Mom wanted me and my brother to have her and my dad's initials, BUT since she was a first grade teacher, she also wanted us to have short names we could spell. She said she was tired of kids coming to her class unable to spell their long names. LOL Lori was the name of one of her former students (we've met several times...Mom taught her brothers as well) and Michelle is a cousin's name...actually, I have about 3 female cousins named Michelle.

I hated my name for years because you can't get a nickname out of it. All of my other girlfriends had cute nicknames that were actual shortened versions of their names, you know, Keischa for LaKeischa, Tammy for Tamara, Nikki for Nicole, Dani for Danielle, etc. I've come to terms with having a boring name, but what irks me is when I give my name and people ask, "L-A-U-R-I-E?" Or spell it Lorie or Lorrie or CALL me "Lawry". Ugh. But of course, that's better than being called something worse. ;~}
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 10th April 2010, 8:16 pm

FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) wrote:Oh and I love my 3 daughters names so I'll tell theirs

We named her that because Areiya(4 yr) has sickle cell and we were believing Jen would not have it and we would use her cord blood to have a transfusion for Areiya to cure her of her sickle cell.........and how many of ya'll know God Is Good?!!!! She was born with NO SICKLE CELL! And the Cord Blood company banks her cord blood for FREE for us!!! God is Real real real!! sunny

That is truly awesome!
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 10th April 2010, 9:26 pm

Shelia Antiqua Massey

My mom's friend named me.
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 10th April 2010, 10:54 pm

I was spared a "ghetto black chick name", all of my sisters have them though(ending in -cheia,-sha, -sia and -nna). I like to think I lucked out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th April 2010, 12:20 pm

FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) wrote:Oh and I love my 3 daughters names so I'll tell theirs

Girl, you brought a tear to my eye. I know God is good.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by allicat36 11th April 2010, 6:55 pm

My name is Allison Lousie Phillips-McClure. My mother didn't belive in made up names. As a child I never really liked the name Allison. I didn't think it work as an adult. My mother said that she had 2 names picked out for me...Brandy and Allison. She chose Allison because I was so laid back it comparison to my sister who was always rolling around in the womb. My family always called me Allicat and that suits me just fine! My uncle gave it to me because he said I sounded like a cat when I talked. My middle name is from grandmother.

When it came to my children I felt the same as my mother. I named my daughter Ashley because I wanted her name to begin with an "A" like my mother (Agatha) and myself. My son is named Chauncey. It was a name I had thought of if my daughter would have been a boy and it begins with the letter "C" like my sister Crystal.
allicat36
allicat36

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 11th April 2010, 7:13 pm

my name is Tanya Rachelle. I think my biological father named me. Funny thing is when I started learning Russian and started hanging out with a lot of eastern europeans, they all ask me why my parents named me such a russian name.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th April 2010, 7:22 pm

RoseBud wrote:

Girl, you brought a tear to my eye. I know God is good.

I swear!! AMAZING!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 11th April 2010, 7:54 pm

The name I recieved at birth is Dexlyn Ophelia Mingo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My dad middle name is Dexter so he named me Dexlyn. My middle name I got it because that is his moms first name.

Last edited by natural813 on 12th April 2010, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 11th April 2010, 8:15 pm

allicat36 wrote:My name is Allison Lousie Phillips-McClure. My mother didn't belive in made up names. As a child I never really liked the name Allison. I didn't think it work as an adult. My mother said that she had 2 names picked out for me...Brandy and Allison. She chose Allison because I was so laid back it comparison to my sister who was always rolling around in the womb. My family always called me Allicat and that suits me just fine! My uncle gave it to me because he said I sounded like a cat when I talked. My middle name is from grandmother.

When it came to my children I felt the same as my mother. I named my daughter Ashley because I wanted her name to begin with an "A" like my mother (Agatha) and myself. My son is named Chauncey. It was a name I had thought of if my daughter would have been a boy and it begins with the letter "C" like my sister Crystal.

I love the name Chauncey. It has an awesome ring to it, so royal like. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So much so it's in the bag for my future son. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 11th April 2010, 8:28 pm

Interesting thread...

Ok, my story goes like this.
I was thought to be a boy, so they had the name Shaka Andre Townes (after Zulu warrior - did I say my paternal grandmother is "power to the people?" and my mother's name was Adrena)...but here this yellow girl was born.

I was then named after my grandmother Lena.
And here comes the kicker:

Lena Sharita Makeda Townes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

side note: my grandma lena passed away a few years ago and the obits were printed up and everything, then her sister said "that is not her name..its Angelena - after my greatgrandfather Angelo.
folks are intersting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 11th April 2010, 9:02 pm

My name is Tiffany Joseph but I go by Tiff. people in my family call me Tiffy or Tee.Old people like to call my Stephinie (i think that's how you spell that name lol) and my big sister call me Liz (it's a long story lol) I always wanted to be named Lisa,because I thought it was a cool name. but now I think Tiffany is a much prettier name!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 11th April 2010, 10:50 pm

natural813 wrote:The name I recieved at birth is Dexlyn Ophelia Mingo Smile

Mingo.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th April 2010, 11:29 pm

That is an awesome testimony!! Praise God!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 12th April 2010, 6:15 pm

Okay my first name is Natasha (Not sounding like NaTOSHA but NaTASHa) emphasis on the ASH! My father named me after the female villian Natasha off of Rocky & Bullwinkle but my mother wanted it to sound differently so she threw in the ASH in Natasha! I just tell people to call me Tasha (no ash but osh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). Now, the middle name Fawn is a baby dear (don't know why she picked it but I do have a fawn tat on my back now so I've grown to like my middle name). And my last name is Alexander (married name) but my maiden name was Pearson.

Last edited by tashafawn24 on 12th April 2010, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 12th April 2010, 7:26 pm

Blondie - what is a/the "pokey"?
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 12th April 2010, 7:37 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Blondie - what is a/the "pokey"?
it's jail. lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 12th April 2010, 10:11 pm

I like these stories!
My name is Marsha Tamika Jones. I always have and still do get "Marsha Marsha Marsha!" Some ppl see my first and last (maiden) names and think I'm white...until they find out my middle name lol! Tamika is now the name of my alter ego Wink
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 13th April 2010, 1:09 am

My name is Jordan......Sike I always wanted that name!! lol My name Is Renee Lorene Newton with the accent over the 3rd e. I know 6 e's are in my name dang lol My daughter's name is Kaliha Ne'shay think(Kye lee a )the H is silent. And her middle name is pronounced Na'Shay. I didn't want to spell her name like the obvious. Her first name is Hawaiian just thought it a beautiful name and named her after a friends daughter spelling it differently of course.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next