CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth Names

+115
AmariC05
MEGAFAITH
SeanymphPrincess
zinny 4a kinks
krys419
CurlyChefRobin
Runtinkrun
TheRYL1
Cnicoles6
Janet36603
cocowantshealthyhair
MsKendrala
WhosThatRedHead
whereswentz!
kurlegurl
dawn1980
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
rayray19
ldwatters
Ebbz
thicktjt88
Sasha B.
CreoleLady88
mesocoillee
BrownSkinDiva
MsChris8
jac.attack
Treece
summerbreeze76
denise78
danniebella
Curly_Aquarius
fnggrant
laleepop14
jada07
curlsunfurled
goombagirl
hayylee
LadyMika
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
SighSidhe
Cherry: extraordinary!
naturalhonney
jamaicacurl
BajanPrincess82
tashafawn24
Tiffy2
lena73
natural813
Deva_87
allicat36
Armywife
Free2Be
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
prettybrowneyes66
PanaR3dd
Curliana
nikismiles
Tierra
MomnWife
NaturalTina
DreamMerchant
guineegirl
cassadie3
bmari3
QuietButterfly
BekkaPoo
novembre
CurlsGalore
SweeTea2011
Nikcoils
Butterfly126
~JOME~
ablockle
EmbracingNaturalMe
NaturallyPrecious
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Vee
HAMPTONSFNST
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
xtremelyperfect
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
frivolous
DvaAuNaturel
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
blondie
snappynappy
lumii
Janique
Juices-n-Berries
AdriEm
Tamren
naturalmommyGA
Mz. Thang
Erica5417
Niqui36
popsbaby
hurjurnee
iri9109
KinkyNappyHappy
Karyn
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Heart2Worship
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
dajewel
CrissyQ
119 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Birth Names - Page 6 Empty Re: Birth Names

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 1:24 am

Wynter *Ellia Cherry

Well, Winter is my Nanas favorite season but my mom wanted it to be unique so she switched the "i" with a "y", Ellia is the "girlish" version of my dad first name (Elliot) and Cherry is the family name on my dads side of the family. Of course i was teased for my name[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Frankly i think its cool lol, Most people either call me "Cherry" or "Wynter Cherry" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*(i honestly dont know how thats supposed to be pronounced lol [either elly-ah or eL-lEEyah i think])

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 13th April 2010, 1:25 am

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:Wynter *Ellia Cherry

Well, Winter is my Nanas favorite season but my mom wanted it to be unique so she switched the "i" with a "y", Ellia is the "girlish" version of my dad first name (Elliot) and Cherry is the family name on my dads side of the family. Of course i was teased for my name[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Frankly i think its cool lol, Most people either call me "Cherry" or "Wynter Cherry" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*(i honestly dont know how thats supposed to be pronounced lol [either elly-ah or eL-lEEyah i think])

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I <3 the name Elliot. I plan on naming my first child that, regardless of gender.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 1:30 am

lol Honestly i would love my name to be Elliot! (I always loved boy names for girls) but let me warn you now, its EXTREAMLY hard to find a key chain spelt like that lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (trust me, ive tried [for my dad])

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 13th April 2010, 1:33 am

I like gender neutral first names and super masculine/feminine middle names. I don't know why I just do.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 13th April 2010, 1:34 am

lol I say go for it!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 13th April 2010, 1:42 am

I like Elliot Olivia for a girl and Elliot Alexander for a boy.

I am nowhere near having a child though.LOL.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 13th April 2010, 2:08 am

snappynappy wrote:I like gender neutral first names and super masculine/feminine middle names. I don't know why I just do.

me too.

i want 3 daughters they're names will be Kendall (which is also my hairs name lol), Kerington, and Kennedy.

and i've always loved Ava, Peyton, Hollis, Eden, Reagan, and Riley.

boy: Kingston , Carter, Cameron, Cole, or Kane.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by SighSidhe 13th April 2010, 2:37 am

my real name is Rochelle.. my mom was gna name Roxanne, but there was a song out at the time called "the real Roxanne", so she decided not to name me that.. then she was gna name me Sherell, but she didn't know to spell it (and neither do i lol).. so she somehow decided on Rochelle..

however, i kinda consider Sigh Sidhe (pronounced "shee") my other name.. i've been using it for about ten years and if i was to ever change my name that's what i would change it to
SighSidhe
SighSidhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 13th April 2010, 2:47 am

iri9109 wrote:Kennedy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While we're on the topic of baby names, I REALLY want to name my son (assuming I have one) Liam Aiden, but my mom is always like " [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] a black kid named Liam? Do you remember we live in Brooklyn?" LOL It'll happen one day, I swear. I also like the names Peyton, Riley, and Reagan.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 13th April 2010, 3:12 am

Karyn wrote:

While we're on the topic of baby names, I REALLY want to name my son (assuming I have one) Liam Aiden, but my mom is always like " [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] a black kid named Liam? Do you remember we live in Brooklyn?" LOL It'll happen one day, I swear. I also like the names Peyton, Riley, and Reagan.

Aiden is so cute if i ever had fraternal twins i would name them Aiden & Eden.

all i know is im not naming my child Diamond or Laquisha or Shanekqua or her father's name with iqua, -ia, -mia, -ella, isha, -or ette, at the end or La at the front (no offense to any1 with those names), i'm just thinking about their future lol.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 13th April 2010, 3:24 am

iri9109 wrote:
snappynappy wrote:I like gender neutral first names and super masculine/feminine middle names. I don't know why I just do.

me too.

i want 3 daughters they're names will be Kendall (which is also my hairs name lol), Kerington, and Kennedy.

and i've always loved Ava, Peyton, Hollis, Eden, Reagan, and Riley.

boy: Kingston , Carter, Cameron, Cole, or Kane.

Karyn wrote:

OMG!!! I love all these names!!! I guess there will be at least 2 black Liam's in this world!
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 13th April 2010, 3:37 am

iri9109 wrote:
Karyn wrote:

Aiden is so cute if i ever had fraternal twins i would name them Aiden & Eden.

all i know is im not naming my child Diamond or Laquisha or Shanekqua or her father's name with iqua, -ia, -mia, -ella, isha, -or ette, at the end or La at the front (no offense to any1 with those names), i'm just thinking about their future lol.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah those names never even cross my mind honestly. I'd rather not add to any black girl name stereotypes lol.

snappynappy wrote:

OMG!!! I love all these names!!! I guess there will be at least 2 black Liam's in this world!

WHAT WHAT! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think Liam is seriously one of the best names ever.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 13th April 2010, 1:20 pm

I love reading everyone's real name. I was wondering the same thing.

I was born: Kimberly Alexandria Bocage
I married into the Toliver name.

I was named Kimberly after a little girl that my mom used to watch at a day care who was not taken care of. She said Kimberly used to come to school stink and hungry. So she said she would name me after her and take care and love me. So she will have a Kimberly to love. My Middle name is named after my Granny. Her name is Alexandrina so they put my middle name as Alexandria. So because my name is TOOO long with the marriage name. Everything says

Kimberly Alexandria Toliver

but FB says Kimberly Alexandria Bocage Toliver
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 13th April 2010, 1:54 pm

My SO is dead set on the name Jayden. My arguement is that our son will probably be really tall (SO is 6'10) and Jayden is not the most masculine name in my opinion. So the compromise is naming our daughter Jaidyn.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 13th April 2010, 2:23 pm

lol @ naturalhoney aka jordan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 13th April 2010, 2:36 pm

iri9109 wrote:
BajanPrincess82 wrote:Blondie - what is a/the "pokey"?
it's jail. lol

Ohhh thanks cuz I sure was lost on that one too!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 13th April 2010, 6:07 pm

Well I totally missed this post 6 pages geez! I haven't looked through at everyone's name but my name is Ariel. No not after the little mermaid I was first lol. No special story behind it, my mom said she got it off of a soap opera I think Y&R but im not sure. Yes, I was teased when the little mermaid cartoon came out and still to this day. I hated my name when I was younger but I like it now.

ok now I'm going to go check everyone's name out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 13th April 2010, 7:26 pm

Tamika Marie Bethelmie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My mother claims she got my first name from my father, who had a dream that she had a girl and that she named the baby "Tamika". 20-something years later and on active duty in Japan, I find out the name "Tamika" translates to "Summer" (the symbols translate to "Many Beautiful Summers"...well, ONE combination of symbols does, there's like THREE different combinations.). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Which is great, because I prefer the summer anyway.

I have NO idea where she got "Marie" from. Maybe she was reading too much about Marie Antoinette one day and it stuck. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Bethelmie" is my father's last name, and the BANE of my life right now (as it's ALWAYS been, since NO ONE CAN SEEM TO SPELL IT NOR PRONOUNCE IT RIGHT!!). I have damn near the entire island of Dominica in my Facebook inbox asking if I'm related to any of them. I don't even KNOW any of these people. I'm like "Just because we have the same last name, DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE RELATED!!" but they just "yeah, but we COULD be related! You look like my COUSIN!". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Dammit, LEAVE ME ALONE!!

But yeah, that's the story. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 13th April 2010, 8:43 pm

popsbaby28 wrote:My SO is dead set on the name Jayden. My arguement is that our son will probably be really tall (SO is 6'10) and Jayden is not the most masculine name in my opinion. So the compromise is naming our daughter Jaidyn.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DANGGGGGG! How tall are you? I'd seriously look like a 2 year old next to your SO. I'm 5'2".
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 14th April 2010, 3:59 am

Katheryne Hali Sledge
My first name -- after my mama, but she spells her name Catherine
Middle name -- After my grandmother (maternal) maiden name Haley, I believe my dad picked the spelling for my name because it was different H-A-L-I . This is the name I go by.
Last name -- Every time someone hears my last name the first thing they ask is "Are you related to Percy Sledge?" and funny thing is, we are like 3rd or 4th cousins.

I use to hate my name because it was so short there was one point in my life when I spelled my name Hailey, LOL. The spelling of my name is rare, I've only met 2 other girls with their names spelled like mine, it made me feel less unique Sad (my high school classmates little sister and a girl that attends my college).
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 14th April 2010, 11:04 am

Yolanda Petticolas Ector

Yolanda was an ex girlfriend of my dads. Don't ask me how he got away with that one.

Petticolas is my maiden name. It's Greek. And yes I've heard them all-Pepsicolas, Arm Pitticolas, the list goes on and on.

Ector is my married name. It's Portuguese. I honestly thought I was getting off easy by getting rid of Petticolas. Nope. If I had a nickel for everytime someone said Hector I'd be richer than Oprah.

I'll post a real pic of myself once I take these braids out. I do NOT like them but for $180 hubby says I have to rock them for at least 2 more weeks.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 11:27 am

goombagirl wrote:Yolanda Petticolas Ector

Yolanda was an ex girlfriend of my dads. Don't ask me how he got away with that one.

Petticolas is my maiden name. It's Greek. And yes I've heard them all-Pepsicolas, Arm Pitticolas, the list goes on and on.

Ector is my married name. It's Portuguese. I honestly thought I was getting off easy by getting rid of Petticolas. Nope. If I had a nickel for everytime someone said Hector I'd be richer than Oprah.

I'll post a real pic of myself once I take these braids out. I do NOT like them but for $180 hubby says I have to rock them for at least 2 more weeks.

Sidenote: I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Mario!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 14th April 2010, 11:43 am

I'm the queen of cheesy video games. Mario, Sonic and Zelda are my faves.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 14th April 2010, 11:51 am

goombagirl wrote:I'm the queen of cheesy video games. Mario, Sonic and Zelda are my faves.

DID SOMEONE SAY SONIC??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 14th April 2010, 12:48 pm

LadyMika wrote:
goombagirl wrote:I'm the queen of cheesy video games. Mario, Sonic and Zelda are my faves.

DID SOMEONE SAY SONIC??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SERIOUSLY! That's like one of the best games ever (besides Pacman lol)
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next