CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth Names

+115
AmariC05
MEGAFAITH
SeanymphPrincess
zinny 4a kinks
krys419
CurlyChefRobin
Runtinkrun
TheRYL1
Cnicoles6
Janet36603
cocowantshealthyhair
MsKendrala
WhosThatRedHead
whereswentz!
kurlegurl
dawn1980
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
rayray19
ldwatters
Ebbz
thicktjt88
Sasha B.
CreoleLady88
mesocoillee
BrownSkinDiva
MsChris8
jac.attack
Treece
summerbreeze76
denise78
danniebella
Curly_Aquarius
fnggrant
laleepop14
jada07
curlsunfurled
goombagirl
hayylee
LadyMika
MellowOne
ktoliver5303
SighSidhe
Cherry: extraordinary!
naturalhonney
jamaicacurl
BajanPrincess82
tashafawn24
Tiffy2
lena73
natural813
Deva_87
allicat36
Armywife
Free2Be
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
prettybrowneyes66
PanaR3dd
Curliana
nikismiles
Tierra
MomnWife
NaturalTina
DreamMerchant
guineegirl
cassadie3
bmari3
QuietButterfly
BekkaPoo
novembre
CurlsGalore
SweeTea2011
Nikcoils
Butterfly126
~JOME~
ablockle
EmbracingNaturalMe
NaturallyPrecious
LaToya28
NaturalNixon
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Vee
HAMPTONSFNST
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
xtremelyperfect
Lynnieluve
NubieNatty
frivolous
DvaAuNaturel
Jazzyrin
poeticlyspkng
blondie
snappynappy
lumii
Janique
Juices-n-Berries
AdriEm
Tamren
naturalmommyGA
Mz. Thang
Erica5417
Niqui36
popsbaby
hurjurnee
iri9109
KinkyNappyHappy
Karyn
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Heart2Worship
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
dajewel
CrissyQ
119 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Birth Names Empty Birth Names

Post by CrissyQ 7th April 2010, 5:27 pm

Just thought it would be fun to know everyones real name. i know some of your screen names are your names, if so please still share.

Crystal Yvette Eubanks. (i go by Yvette)
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Birth Names Empty Re: Birth Names

Post by dajewel 7th April 2010, 5:28 pm

tiffany nicole (with the accent on the e) f (is the beginning of my mother's maiden name) g (is beginning of my last name). so yeah, i have four names on my birth papers. my mother wanted to name me Tiffany after the perfume and the store because she adored their store.

Last edited by dajewel on 7th April 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th April 2010, 5:30 pm

My name is Gaye Glasspie...yeah yeah I got all the jokes when I was coming up. I have to share the story behind it. All of my immediate family initials are GG. So my mother wanted to name me Vanessa and my grandmother wasn't having it. I came home as baby Glasspie. After a day or so my grandmother said I woke up happy and went to sleep happy. My smart mouth mother said Happy doesn't start with a "G" and my Moma said Gaye does! So there you have it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th April 2010, 5:34 pm

I always want to know everyone's birth names too!

I am Brittany Michele Holmes Smile
They thought I was a boy for the longest time so I went home in a blue blanket and was going to be named Michael (my Dad's name) so since I am, indeed, a female (LOL) I got the next best thing: Michele as my middle name!

Also my Mom named us alphabetically: Anika (the oldest), Brittany (me - the middle child), and Christin (the baby) Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 7th April 2010, 5:36 pm

Kukila (koo-key-la) Nicole Stanley. Everyone calls me Kiki. Where does the name come from you ask... Well I've been told that Kukila means flower (african supposedly) My grandmother named me. Never got a chance to ask her.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th April 2010, 5:38 pm

J'Destinee Ante' Lowman...

First name is just Destiny spelled with two "E's" and a "J" in the front, I told my Mom she could have just left that off like seriously. She's so complicated...lmao

Middle name is a combo of my parents middle names (Ann & Anthony) and derivative of my cousin's middle name (Deonte')...

Last name is funny b/c Im pretty short, only 5'0"...lol pure coincidence [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th April 2010, 6:11 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:My name is Gaye Glasspie...yeah yeah I got all the jokes when I was coming up. I have to share the story behind it. All of my immediate family initials are GG. So my mother wanted to name me Vanessa and my grandmother wasn't having it. I came home as baby Glasspie. After a day or so my grandmother said I woke up happy and went to sleep happy. My smart mouth mother said Happy doesn't start with a "G" and my Moma said Gaye does! So there you have it!

Nice story, I like the name Gaye.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th April 2010, 6:12 pm

bholmes87 wrote:I always want to know everyone's birth names too!

I am Brittany Michele Holmes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They thought I was a boy for the longest time so I went home in a blue blanket and was going to be named Michael (my Dad's name) so since I am, indeed, a female (LOL) I got the next best thing: Michele as my middle name!

Also my Mom named us alphabetically: Anika (the oldest), Brittany (me - the middle child), and Christin (the baby) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

O wow, what a story. I like how your mom did that.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th April 2010, 6:13 pm

Barbara Michelle Stokes but I go by Michelle

Barabara after my mom's mom and Michelle after my nurse and the female version of Michael

@Bholmes- thats crazy, my parents thought I was going to be a boy and I was going to be named Michael too lol (Michael Anthony to be exact)

Last edited by mstokes2008 on 7th April 2010, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th April 2010, 6:14 pm

I am lovin all of the stories behind the names.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 7th April 2010, 6:17 pm

No stories here, my mom just likes the letter "y".

Karyn Nicole Kennedy.

My name has two patterns: KNK and my first name has 5 letters, middle has 6, last has 7. Woo!

I love my name and will NEVER EVER change it. Good thing I'm not keen on getting married [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would've been Jayson if I was a dude.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th April 2010, 6:19 pm

WOW..cute names and stories...

Just plain and simple!!!

Deborah Lee (Burton) Eldridge (Lee is my father's middle name)

They really could have left the Lee off. Don't know why my mother didn't go with her first mind...Debra Denise Burton, (DeDe for short) but nooo...she stuck that county Lee in there..so all my life I knew I was in trouble when she said "Deborah Lee" get in here!!! LOL

Anyway...I let people call me Debra, but my name is pronounced Debôrāh. My great-grandfather was the only one who pronouced it correctly. Everyone else called me Debbie!!! (so Barbie like)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 7th April 2010, 6:20 pm

Ijeoma (pronounced e-jama, like pajamas lol) it means safe journey/ arrival in Igbo (my dad is Nigerian) and i was a preemie. Rosanna is my middle name ( combo of Rosalee and Joanna my great grandmother and grandmother) and Ikpeze is my last name which i got from my dad lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by hurjurnee 7th April 2010, 6:20 pm

La Nita Nannette Lyles

My mother's name is La Donna, so my father wanted to make my first name similar.
I was born on my Aunt Lynnette's birthday, so my parents gave me my middle name as an homage (of sorts) to my Aunt.
There is an interesting and probably not unique story regarding my last name. I always knew my paternal grandfather was from Arkansas. I found out several years ago that his paternal grandmother was a slave and his paternal grandfather was the plantation owner. The plantation owner's last name was Cooper, but he didn't want the children he conceived with one of his slaves to have his surname, so he gave them his mother's maiden name - Lyles. So I have encountered many Caucasian people with my last name, but not so many African American people with it (who I don't already know of).
hurjurnee
hurjurnee

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 7th April 2010, 6:27 pm

Stacey Lynn Hall.

My mom said that when I was born, she wanted me to have a nice sweet name. She said "A black women would have a baby. The would ask the baby's name for the birth certificate. The mother would think and just then a spoon would fall on the floor. CLINK!!!
The mother would yell out 'CLINKA, that's her name!!'".

She cracks me up. Personally, I think Stacey Lynn is a farm girl name. "Stacey Lynn, go feed dem der chickens!"
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 7th April 2010, 6:29 pm

My name is pretty simple.....no story. Andrea (accent over the e) Nicole Jackson. I notice alot of us have Nicole as a middle name. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th April 2010, 6:39 pm

popsbaby28 wrote:Stacey Lynn Hall.

My mom said that when I was born, she wanted me to have a nice sweet name. She said "A black women would have a baby. The would ask the baby's name for the birth certificate. The mother would think and just then a spoon would fall on the floor. CLINK!!!

She cracks me up. Personally, I think Stacey Lynn is a farm girl name. "Stacey Lynn, go feed dem der chickens!"

lol! I've heard so many stories like that!!! My friend's name is Quanita because her mom saw a poster on the wall in spanish saying something about water and she liked the name Anita and there you have it! hahahaha too funny "Come here, Clinka!" (I can't even imagine!!!!!)
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 7th April 2010, 6:50 pm

Erica Anita Thurman-- yes, my initials spell EAT. My twin brother is Eric Antoine Thurman (sound like ann-tony). Yes, schools and hospitals messed up our records by conflating his first name and middle initial into Erica. Yes, I've had to get multiple sets of immunizations because doctors only recorded shots for one of us. Yes, I went through a whole year of school only to find that they only officially had one of us registered. When he died, I had to legally prove that I was in fact alive since the government once again messed up. Imagine calling the social security office and having to argue that you are indeed alive and breathing.

Anita is my maternal grandmother's name and I share it with multiple cousins (apparently all the sisters wanted to name their children after the oldest sister). It's kind of a running joke now, we all have middle names that are derivatives of Anita and Marie (Marita, Maria etc.).

Thurman is a random chosen family name. It seems someone decided to switch it, for reasons I'm unaware of, from "Milom." Yeah, in the middle of my lineage, one of my relatives just changed the family name-- imagine trying to trace your family tree with that. LOL, do I still sound disgruntled? Truth is, I love my name. A lot better than my original name "Lois" thank God one of the aunts talked my mother out of that one.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 7th April 2010, 6:51 pm

Danielle Traneace Hunter

My mom wanted to make sure that all her children had normal and easy to pronounce names. She had to struggle with her's and still does(Deiostia). It's something that my grandma made up because she said if something ever happen to her she would know it is her daughter but I say she still wouldn't know because no one says it right. lol Ppl are always asking my mom what her name means and what nationally it is but it just my granny's imagination.lol
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 7th April 2010, 6:55 pm

Sort of unrelated, my daughter's name is Angelica. She was supposed to be named "Andrianna" after her father "Andre." Well, after 42 hours of labor, I wasn't naming my kid after him so I had to come up with something else. I looked down and the tag on her baby blanket said "Angelica Healthcare," you can guess the rest of the story. A nurse chimed in with her middle name, "Shanice." My daughter doesn't appreciate the humor of the situation, lol (I was 14, what else did anyone expect, lol.).
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 7th April 2010, 6:58 pm

I am Heather Tennile (Green) Headley. My mother LOVED the name Heather however I did not like my name growing up. Only because it was considered a "white girl's name" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn't meet another "black" Heather until I was almost 12 y/o. My middle name is Tennile b/c my mother like the group "Captain and Tennille" so she just changed the spelling of it. I got married a couple of yrs ago and my last name is now Headley. So whenever I call somewhere and they ask for my name I say "Heather Headley" they think its the singer and I have to quickly correct them. There you have it!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th April 2010, 6:59 pm

naturalmommyGA wrote:I am Heather Tennile (Green) Headley. My mother LOVED the name Heather however I did not like my name growing up. Only because it was considered a "white girl's name" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn't meet another "black" Heather until I was almost 12 y/o. My middle name is Tennile b/c my mother like the group "Captain and Tennille" so she just changed the spelling of it. I got married a couple of yrs ago and my last name is now Headley. So whenever I call somewhere and they ask for my name I say "Heather Headley" they think its the singer and I have to quickly correct them. There you have it!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very funny story b/c I immediately thought of the singer when I saw your name. =)
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 7th April 2010, 7:08 pm

Tameka Renee (with the accent over the first e)

My mom wanted to name my Shameka (my older sis is named Sheneva) but my aunt went against it.. When I was born, my sis had a imaginary friend whose name was Tameka, and there you have it...
I share the same middle name with 2 cousins and my niece.

Last edited by Tamren on 27th July 2010, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 7th April 2010, 7:14 pm

popsbaby28 wrote:Stacey Lynn Hall.

Funny thing is that my mom named my sister Damina Renee. Damina was a character in a novel she was reading during her pregnancy. When I was young, I spelled my sister's name "Demena", kinda like demon. I knew that child wasn't right from day one. Needless to say, the child with the farm girl name (me) turned out to be the good girl. The child with the exotic name (the demon seed) is currently doing her ump-teenth stint in the pokey. Funny how life works.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 7th April 2010, 7:15 pm

All the time!! When I met my husband he told me he was going to make me famous once we are married. PPl ask me all the time is that really your name.

jlowman1 wrote:
naturalmommyGA wrote:I am Heather Tennile (Green) Headley. My mother LOVED the name Heather however I did not like my name growing up. Only because it was considered a "white girl's name" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn't meet another "black" Heather until I was almost 12 y/o. My middle name is Tennile b/c my mother like the group "Captain and Tennille" so she just changed the spelling of it. I got married a couple of yrs ago and my last name is now Headley. So whenever I call somewhere and they ask for my name I say "Heather Headley" they think its the singer and I have to quickly correct them. There you have it!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very funny story b/c I immediately thought of the singer when I saw your name. =)
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next