CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry: extraordinary!

+46
Keisha
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
Fabulousat50
LadyMika
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyMang
iri9109
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
BeautifullyImpurfekt
ktoliver5303
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MsJay1121
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
NhappyJackie
MochaSoul
mstokes2008
tiashaunteƩ
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
cutephantasm
ChrsLvsBks
Mz. Thang
missmoriah
sunbaby
.:Eden:.
Ameenah
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
50 posters

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Empty Re: Cherry: extraordinary!

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2010, 10:50 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 15_2_130 LOL! I am so very sure he loves you!!

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Sig
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 5th March 2010, 11:19 pm

I assume and hope so, but sometimes he makes me wonder Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_scratch

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Empty FRIDAY!!!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 5th March 2010, 11:19 pm

GHETTO BLASTER!!!!!!
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Ghetto10

I love love LOVE this bag (its about 2 feet going across)!!! I saw it at . . . uhh. . .Sorry i forgot. . . but umm yeah I LOVE THIS BAG!!! So continuing on, i saw it at (un)said place today and i grabbed it and showed my mom and she laughed at me lol but get this, the speakers actually work!!! Thats soo frickin cooool!!! Just plug in your mp3 player and goooo~ So lucky for me, i found a smaller one (about 1/4 the size of the ghetto blaster)! This boombox for 10 bucks!!!
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Orange10

It looks like this and is that same exact color. Im not an orangey-type person but i loved this purse so much i got it anyway lol. Its so cute and the neon colors give it this "80's meets 90's" feel to it. Dont be surprised if you see me walkin around with it on my shoulder while wearing nerd glasses and a tutu lol. Chances are i wont though, ill probably just wear all black and white and let the bag be the center of attention. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz

Ok so my hair

Still no bc. Awwww My moms always so busy. Ive asked her to cut it (no exaggeration) at least once every 2 hours since i woke up, which was like at 10 lol. Well. . . ill ask again when she gets back Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Lol . My hair looks like it got longer again, its so odd because i look at my hair so much that you would think that it doesnt look like it grew at all. Oh and the crinkly hair in the front is starting to coil! Yay! I saw them this morning and i wanted to do this --->Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 617583 Only makes me want to bc sooner! . . .mooom come hooooome! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_6_109v

(sidenote: TJ MAXX!!! I think thats where i was at!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th March 2010, 11:45 pm

Dude that bag is dope!!!!! I am sooooo an orangey person so I definitely would have bought it. lol especially at TJ Maxx!!!!! I hope you can bug your Mom enough so she'll cut your hair tonight ...
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 5th March 2010, 11:49 pm

Lol that makes you and me both ah ha Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin and yes! For $10 i could NOT pass it up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2010, 11:10 am

I hear congratulations are in order.....Did you BIG CHOP?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 8th March 2010, 11:20 am

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:
This random message brought to you by my shoooooes! (it will all make sense soon)
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 110

I simply love my shoes<3 so i put on a new shirt i got (from walmart Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_tongue [by miley cyrus Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Lol ]) that matches it. . . sorta. What i like about miley is that her clothes are 80's based. I <3 THE 80'S!!! so i decided my hair should be 80's-ish too, right? A hand full of lotion (grease is nasty and makes me break out) and 5 bobby pins later HA-CHAH!
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140010
The crazy sideways pomp-puff-hawk

Why is it called the crazy sideways pomp-puff-hawk you ask? Well, from the front all you can see is the sideways pomp, when i turn a little it looks like a mohawk, and from the back purely puff. crazy right?!? Being the random person i am, i think its awesome and feel like this today---> Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_cool .

from the front. lol that bobby pin is keeping my part from disappearingCherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140011

wait for it. . .Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140012

BAM!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140013

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140014
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140015
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140016
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140017

and a better look at my shirt
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc140018

this crazy hair-do, all thanks to my shoes. . . that i cant wear because i go to a online high school Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_geek

You are tooooooooooooooo cute! you remind me of my little sister (she is 15)..I love your hair and shoes! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 8th March 2010, 1:56 pm

Lynnieluve: I define it as a bc, so yes!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 678474 (Disclaimer:Even though i did in fact bc, im still not 100% natural due to the fact that my hair grows faster in some places than others so i will probably do it again. [and hopefully soon because im waaay too impatient to transition] ) and CONGRATS ON THE WINNINGS OF A CHICKEN DINNER!!! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_tongue

Mahogany: hee thanks! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th March 2010, 2:41 pm

Congrats on the BC!

I can relate to the boombox. I was a child when those were popular Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_surprised ! I am so an '80s child.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 8th March 2010, 2:52 pm

Any luck finding that chord??
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 8th March 2010, 3:53 pm

ChrsLvsBks: lol I always was drawn to 80's stuff growing up and i have no clue why. Theres just something about bright neon-y colors, crazy fashion, and pop that i just love<3

Bholmes: No lol i looked by my computer, by my bed, under the couch, IN the couch, no luck Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_scratch I have NO clue where that thing went. . . well ill try again after school. . . or during lunch. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_tongue

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Empty Its monday and i need a hobby :P

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 8th March 2010, 3:54 pm

Sorry its so long eh heh Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz but i have two posts today

So last night my boyfriend tells me that hes going to train harder (he runs track) and study more, so i wont hear from him as often (Im in a long-distance relationship so literally wont hear from him as often). Then i thought about it, i need a hobby. I dont do much. I seem to use my free time either sleeping or . . . . . . .Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_12_10 like i said: i dont do much.

list of things i would do if i could, but i cant and the reasons why
1. Draw- I cant do it under pressure or when i try to force myself to do it. I can only do it randomly (most the time when im supposed to be doing something else).

2. Sew- I need a new sewing machine (my old one broke Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_sad )

3. Make jewelry- I need needles and thread. . . and beads. (I had to leave em in Georgia when i flew over here)

4. Knit/ Crochet- I need yarn and needles (also in Georgia)

5. Experiment with my hair- I dont have a lot of different hair products so nothing to really experiment with.

see where im
going with this? Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_neutral I think ill ask my mom later if we can go to a craft store so i can pick out some stuff to work with.

My hair in my house
ive been getting some mixed reviews about my hair in my family so i thought id share.
My Nana: Ok so my nana came over this weekend and heres the scenario:

My nana looked at me as if she was one of those people at the art galleries; the kind who gaze deeply in thought at artworks that look to me like scribbles. She then patted my hair and said "look at your hair. . .(in an "i dont know what else to say" kind of tone)" She looks at my mom and asks her, "she have a texturizer?" "no she didnt want it" "oh. . ." she turns back at me "Oh ok. . .so you like your hair like this?" "yes . . . i like it a lot" "oh ok" then she stops touching it and pulls her hand away slowly as if my hair was a rabid animal about to attack. yeah. Im thinking she doesnt like it. Oh well, it happens i guess.

My Mom: Yesterday when my mom was cutting my hair, after a little while she yelled out "Oh! Your hair is curling up!" She said it in a way that sounded like admiration and relief. In a way, i think she WAS relieved. She always said how unmannagable my hair was when i was a kid and opted for a texturizer at the beginning, but when i was little, my hair was hot combed, so my curls turned into crinkles (which in fact WOULD be hard to manage). I think my hair is sensitive to heat. Hot combs and flat irons alike always made my ends and roots crinkle but the part between strait. (Thus explaining my crinkly hair at the front of my edges).

My sister: Since she underwent the natural process herself years ago (now has a texturizer), she supports me to the utmost degree. When she comes over i like to experiment with her hair (that way i can perfect my technique in time to do my own hair when it grows out). So far ive only done a bantu knot out and a braid out. She loved both results and even asks for hair advice sometimes. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

My brother: He said i look like a boy and that i have no hair Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes boy pleeease, i have more hair than you do.

My dad: He LOOOVES the fact that im going natural and loves my hair short and curly. He never liked taking my to the salon every month and he loves natural things, (natural people, natural hair, natural clothes, etcetera-etcetera) so it was a win-win in his book!

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 8th March 2010, 4:59 pm

Nana: I'm thinking she doesn't like it but I think she'll come around Smile

Moms: I think a lot of people are surprised at what natural black hair actually does! They don't think it curls, they just think it "napps" up. Boy are they wrong Wink but I was surprised when I started watching youtube vids that black hair is CURLY and COILY and WAVY sometimes too!!! I was in awe! So I think your Mom was relieved and was probably thinking about how she used to say your hair was "unmanageable" ...

Sis: I'm glad you have the support at home of someone who's been through this process before. You'll definitely perfect some styles is you keep trying them on her Smile

Bro: Boy puleeze is right! lol!

Pops: He sounds like a cool person! Loving the natural and whatnot. I'm glad he likes the new you Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2010, 7:30 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:Lynnieluve: I define it as a bc, so yes!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 678474 (Disclaimer:Even though i did in fact bc, im still not 100% natural due to the fact that my hair grows faster in some places than others so i will probably do it again. [and hopefully soon because im waaay too impatient to transition] ) and CONGRATS ON THE WINNINGS OF A CHICKEN DINNER!!! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_tongue

Mahogany: hee thanks! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz

Thanks Wynter Cherry! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_wink

I grew up in 80s so I think you purse is really cute!! I would look foolish with it. I remember walking around outside with my "boombox" on my shoulder....messing up my hearing. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 8th March 2010, 8:17 pm

Bholmes: Lol. Its funny the reactions i get because it often reflects what that person thinks about black hair. (sorry i wrote an essay of a response)

My nana was aways the "i dont like it but i wont tell you. . . to your face at least" kind of person and she has natural hair, but since her great grandma (i think it was her gg) was white, her hair is thin and wavey with small waves (like when you brush your hair back and you see little waves or "flat curls").

My mom alway does her own hair no matter if a perm, weave, braids, etc. She always looked good (pretty hair, pretty face, etc)She was never a "follow the crowd" person so she was fine with me going natural. FINE, not over the rainbow just fine with it.

My sister always supported me no matter what i did and since im trying to take better care of my hair, shes joining too. Since she has like 3 diffrent textures in her hair and it tends to dry up quick, she really wants to know how to help it out and keep it healthy. She usually just puts her hair in a ponytail and calls it a day. Now that im going natural shes all for learning new things.

My brother, he asked my why my hair was curly(he thought blacks have strait hair). I looked at him in shoke because he had cornrows everyday before he got his hair cut like 2 years ago (hes 8 now). He forgot what his OWN hair looks like smh.

My dad has locks so he hangs around naturals often. Me going natural was probably one of the happiest moments of his life lol im serious though, since im growing up, he thinks hes losing me. Im in California and hes in Georgia and since i will be in college soon, he wont see me often. My hair in a way will strenghthen our bond Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz especially since i can ask him about hair products. He will LOVE that lol.

Oh one person i forgot earlier Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz ehehee my boyfriend. When i decided to cut my hair, I decided that if he didnt like my hair, too bad lol He pretty much is one of those "its your hair do what you want" type of person so when i told him i was cutting it off, he was a supporter Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin . Even if he wasnt like that, i doubt hed be upset with natural hair since his mother, father, AND sister ALL have locks.
Best of all? His favorite hairstyle on girls? BRAIDS! HA HA!!! Thats funny because thats going to be my protective style for a while after i grow some length.

Lynnieluve: Welcome! heh thanks and lol! I did always wonder how people could walk around with those things especially the BIG ones. A broken shoulder and a busted ear drum; all in the name of lookin cool Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_cool lol. Well i still think its cool Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_tongue (The broken shoulder and busted ear drum: not so much)

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Empty 100!!!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th March 2010, 7:18 pm

Hello! I took some pictures for you guys but i didnt like any of them so i deleted them lol but ill try to take more and post them later. Hay, guess what? THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 29_1_1

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_206Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_111Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_206Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_111Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_206Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_111Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_1_206Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 5_1_116

Lol ok now on to my hair.

Today my hair is all nice and soft Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz hee hee, I sprayed it with my spray bottle and massaged it like always. Ive noticed that my hair is getting darker and thicker! I started using baby dont be bald at night and my hair seem to be growing faster. Heh heh baby dont be bald Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_lol . What a funny name! Anyway my hair seems to be taking a liking to it, and even though its kind of a thick, gel/cream, it doesnt make my hair sticky! Thank the lord because lint has been clinging to my hair like a magnet! You cant really see it, but when i scratch my head theres lint on my hand smh Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 4_13_4 is there something i can do about that?!? Moving along, i think its about time i try the curly girl method. The shampoo AND conditioner ive been using BOTH have cones and sulfates and my hair is naturally dry so it only makes sense why it takes at LEAST 2 days to get moisture back into my hair after wash day. Im going to ask my mom if we can get some curl friendy shampoo and conditioner for my hair this weekend (ooh i hope they smell like fruit!). Im going to do some research about good products that way i dont have to be in the store reading the ingredients the way EXTREME weight watchers look at the carbs in food. Have any suggestions?

Last edited by Cherry: extraordinary! on 9th March 2010, 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I made a mistake heh heh)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 9th March 2010, 7:37 pm

Congrats on your BC and I know I'm late but that bag is dope. Very fashion forward for a young rocking lady.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th March 2010, 7:50 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_neutral Aww no pictures?! Well hopefully you like the other ones you take so we can see that BC!!

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 678474 Woo hoo for the 100th post!!!!!! (I don't have cool smilies like you but I work with what I got! lol)
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th March 2010, 7:59 pm

Shauny: hee Thank you!! Very Happy

Bholmes: ill do my best to get some up and lol I downloaded smiley central Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2010, 8:01 pm

Drugstore products you may easily find and loved by many.

Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , None of Your Frizziness and Hydralicious, Long Term Relationship and Totally Twisted - conditioners (water soluble cones way down on the list) (drugstores and grocery stores)
Aussie Moist
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz (drugstores and grocery stores)
Giovanni brand conditioners Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz (Target & Walmart)
Herbal Essences' Set Me Up
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , Eco Styler Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , LA looks, La Bella - gels
Burts Bees - conditioners and shampoo
(drugstores and grocery stores)
Dr. Bonner's all in one soap Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz - cleanser (Walmart)
VO5 Moisture Milks
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz - conditioners (drugstores and grocery stores)
Suave Naturals - conditioners (drugstores and grocery stores)

Tia posted a link, I think in products, for those looking for cone-free products.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 9th March 2010, 8:17 pm

OH! Thank you so much!!! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 11_2_104*virtual hug<3* My hair and i both are very thankful!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th March 2010, 8:23 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Drugstore products you may easily find and loved by many.

Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , None of Your Frizziness and Hydralicious, Long Term Relationship and Totally Twisted - conditioners (water soluble cones way down on the list) (drugstores and grocery stores)
Aussie Moist
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz (drugstores and grocery stores)
Giovanni brand conditioners Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz (Target & Walmart)
Herbal Essences' Set Me Up
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , Eco Styler Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz , LA looks, La Bella - gels
Burts Bees - conditioners and shampoo
(drugstores and grocery stores)
Dr. Bonner's all in one soap Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz - cleanser (Walmart)
VO5 Moisture Milks
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Herz - conditioners (drugstores and grocery stores)
Suave Naturals - conditioners (drugstores and grocery stores)

Tia posted a link, I think in products, for those looking for cone-free products.

Thanks for this great list Chrs!!!! I've been wanting to try Aussie Moist forever so I'm gonna have to buy that soon Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 12:25 am

Pics!!! Pics!!! Pics!!!
(please excuse my face, im breaking out bad Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_mad AAAARRRGGGGGG i hate that about being a teen!)
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc220010
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc220011
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Pc220012
lol my purse on the floor Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_razz

I know it took all day to put up pictures lol and heres why:
Step 1: Get all dolled up Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Step 2: Take pics til memory cards full (53 pics)
Step 3: Upload all pictures to photoshop
Step 4: Delete the uglies
Step 5: Rotate all the ones that need to be rotated
Step 6: Delete the rotated uglies
Step 7: Crop
Step 8: Delete the cropped uglies
Step 9: Look over all the pics
Step 10: Experiment with random settings and effects (i usually dont keep them)
Step 11: Look over them again
Step 12: Delete the not-so-pretties
Step 13: Save the pics into a file with the date as the name.
Step 14: Only upload the ones i REALLY like.

By the time i get to the 13th step, only about 5-7 out of the original 53 get saved lol

My hair looks LOT darker and a lot curlier (even though these pics dont show it too well). Ill try to take some pics tomorrow that show my little curls

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th March 2010, 12:37 am

Your curls are gorgeous! Congrats on ur second BC!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 1:12 am

Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next