CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry: extraordinary!

+46
Keisha
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
Fabulousat50
LadyMika
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyMang
iri9109
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
BeautifullyImpurfekt
ktoliver5303
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MsJay1121
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
NhappyJackie
MochaSoul
mstokes2008
tiashaunteƩ
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
cutephantasm
ChrsLvsBks
Mz. Thang
missmoriah
sunbaby
.:Eden:.
Ameenah
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
50 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! Empty Cherry: extraordinary! going on break

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 21st February 2010, 11:59 pm

My name is Wynter Cherry and let me start by saying, im sorry that i typed soo much (and you can skip to the green at the bottom for the short version)

So, this is my first "blog" (quotations because idk if im doin it right Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_scratch) well. . .I guess an explination is in order.

Currently im transitioning (so not quite a naturalette yet) but im so glad that im doing this!!! I always ADORED natural hair (but i cant seem to figure out why i never thought of going natural myself).

It probably started with my sister. She always had long healthy hair even after it was relaxed. She never knew what to do with her hair so when she went to college she put it in ponytails and it broke off. Our mom thought that cutting it off and growing it back out would be the best way for it to be healthy again. So one bc later---> all her hair was no longer than an inch and we all fell in love with it! Half a year later she had beautiful curls that reached to her shoulders. She loved the simplicity of it. Shed usually do a braid out so her hair was long and wavy. Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_biggrin

Me, on the other hand, idk if im genetically cursed but my hair never touched my shoulders at all *tear* when i got it relaxed for the first time i think i was in the 6th grade. (no more extention braids or head-fulls of short poofy twists!) Then at the end of my freshman year my hair broke off and i had to get it cut. I was left with an inch styled into a spiky/Fantasia type thing. I hated it. I hated short hair on me. Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_mad

Since i didnt know how to style my hair at that length i had to go to a salon regularly. After a year, my hair grew to where it was when i first had my hair relaxed, about three inches from touching my shoulder. Well guess what?!? IT STARTED BREAKIN OFF AGAIN!!! But this time it wasnt as bad so i had my hair cut to a short bob like keri hilson (i even had a blondish track in the front like her [til i had to wash my hair anyway]). And thats how it stayed. . .

Until this christmas break. . . When I discovered curlynikki.com. All these beautiful women with their gorgeous natural hair! I was in total shock at the fact that i never concidered going natural myself! With my sister having her hair natural for the past few years, and my dad having locks for like 8 years, i couldnt figure out why!

I was addicted to the natural hair forums, the stories, the natural-versaries! One day (in february) i couldnt take it! I called my mom and asked if i could cut my hair and after i got the ok, i cut (most of) it off (My mom cut it later to even it out though). It was crazy! it was as if the cutting of my hair was my personal ritual! I loved it!!! I loved my SHORT curly hair!!! Cherry: extraordinary! Herz

And thats where i am now! Cherry: extraordinary! 678474
Update: My first BC was in February 2010 & cut off the last of all my perm in July 2010

Last edited by Cherry: extraordinary! on 30th November 2010, 7:06 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! Empty ello wooorld!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 12:17 am

I tried a bantu knot out on my sister Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_biggrin we were curious as to how it would come out.

last night

Cherry: extraordinary! Pc110010

Cherry: extraordinary! Pc110011

and today
Cherry: extraordinary! Pc110013

Cherry: extraordinary! Pc110012

so how is it? did i do good? i like it and she liked it so i guess job well done.

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! Empty Re: Cherry: extraordinary!

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd February 2010, 12:20 am

Welcome!! Your sis hair looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 12:29 am

Thank you so much! Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2010, 1:05 am

You are so brave to go natural at age 16!!! And you did a good job on your sister's hair!! Those bantu knots look professionally done!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 1:15 am

Hee thank you! And thanks again lol I did the absolute best i could with my sisters hair because she works hard all the time, so she deserves a night of pampering. Very Happy Im so glad you guys like it because it was my first time trying it so i didnt really know what to expect.

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd February 2010, 1:16 am

Welcome, and do know that the bantu knot style looks like Jada Pinkett-Smith's hair on the Matrix. Job well done!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 1:23 am

Lol it does, doesnt it?!? Thank yue!

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 2:44 am

Welcome Wynter!!!!! I loooove reading your story and I'm so glad you were inspired by this wonderful site because I get inspired every day Smile I totally agree with Lynnie those bantu knots look professionally done!!! They're amazing really. I hope you continue to stay on the BnB thread because you will get all the encourage you could ever hope for. CONGRATULATIONS on doing your BC cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 3:17 am

Im so glad you read my story and thanks for the compliments! Kee hee i <3 it here! Everyones so supportive and positive! After i cut my hair everythings been so great! idk what it is about natural hair that make us more confident (in most cases) but its just so wonderful! Am i the only person who feels the need to tell every person to go natural? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 2:44 pm

Lol no you're not the only one!!! I feel like black women talk about hair SO MUCH and every time hair comes up in a conversation I'm always telling people about transitioning and products and not using heat. My friend's told me I should be a hair stylist just because I always seem to be talking about hair!!! But it's so great that you got the natural revelation now instead of waiting later. I, like you, ADORED natural hair forever but never saw it as an option for myself. I have no idea why! It just never hit me that I could have natural curls too! So kudos miss lady for realizing what you wanted at 16 Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 3:34 pm

lol thanks, but isnt that just crazy?!? How you love natural hair but never thought about going natural? hilariously ironic Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_tongue and if you do become a stylist, that would be great! I have seen girls with beautiful natural hair who get it relaxed because they dont know how to take care of it. We need more stylist who know how to do natural hair, if we have more natural stylists then natural hair would be way more mainstream!

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 22nd February 2010, 3:49 pm

Welcome! Congrats on your BC. I'm glad you love your hair. You did a fantastic job on those bantu knots--the outcome was fierce! Your sister is lucky to have you! LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 4:44 pm

lol thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd February 2010, 4:48 pm

Hello and welcome.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 4:52 pm

why thank yue Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 5:27 pm

I guess ill start today off with something random then get to my hair

7 dollar shirt from walmart
Cherry: extraordinary! Pc120010

lol well i got a good laugh Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_lol ok so my hair today
Cherry: extraordinary! Pc130010
nothin special just my *"kinda curls". One of these days im gonna try to do something diffrent. What? I dont know, but we shall see. Maybe some cornrows or flat twists hmm. . .

Whoo! my (natural) hair is starting to coil! I was massaging my head and i felt something, so i finger parted my hair and i saw. . . a coil! It was the width of a spring in a mechanical pencil and about half the height. I know, i know, that doesnt sound like much, but since i dont even remember what my natural hair looks like, i couldnt help but get excited!Cherry: extraordinary! 879602

Oh! and for those probably wondering why i seem to always be on, its because i go to an online high school so im already on the computer and when i get a comment on cn, its sent to my email, which is then indicated by text through my phone. so yes, i do realize i have no life and live at the computer Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_tongue

*(only like half an inch is natural and the rest is still relaxed so i have to scruch my hair to make it kinda curly hence "kinda curls")

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 22nd February 2010, 6:07 pm

Welcome. I enjoyed your story and I oh-so know how it feels when you look at your sisters hair and it's beautiful and long and you look at your own and thing what in the world happened.

I look forward to following your thread!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 6:15 pm

lol we're all addicted to CN.com!!! It seems like no one goes to work around here cuz everyone is too busy encouraging each other! lol that's tight that you go to an online high school! At least you have an excuse to be on the computer all day ...
Cherry: extraordinary! Lol
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 6:42 pm

SheeTacular Napps, thanks for reading my story and whoo hoo, followers! that means im interesting whoo hoo! lol

and bholmes87 lol i thought i was the only one addicted! Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_razz honestly i think im on this site more than im in class lol. The way class is structured, when you finish ur work for the day you can go. I tend to finish my work in like 10 minutes so then i hop on over to hair forums til my next class starts lol

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 7:02 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:I guess ill start today off with something random then get to my hair

7 dollar shirt from walmart
Cherry: extraordinary! Pc120010

LOL that shirt had me cracking up!!! It's super cute Smile
And I'm loving the hair too!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 22nd February 2010, 7:28 pm

Good for you being brave enough to go natural at the tender age of 16. I agree with the other ladies, those bantu knots are lovely. You did a great job. Do you get that you resemble Solange at all? I just glanced at your picture and thought you two resemble especially since she's cut all her hair off. Anyway, good luck to you on your journey sis. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 7:37 pm

bholmes87: hee thanks! i saw the shirt at walmart yesterday and HAD to get it. i love random literal shirts; always good for a chuckle Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_lol

AfrikanLatina:thanks! . . . lmao! EVERYONE says i look like Solange! especially when i had my braids in they would swear up and down that we were related Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_razz lol and whats really funny, i want to get my hair cut to her length. and thanks for the luck Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 22nd February 2010, 10:34 pm

For a visual of what my hair went through, i drew you guys a picture Cherry: extraordinary! Icon_tongue (sorry about the messy writing and blotchy-ness of it) I know, random but ive noticed that "before and after"s are a part of this sometimes. (I drew a picture so i didnt havta break out the over-photoshopped, cheesy commented myspace photos lol)

Cherry: extraordinary! Woop10

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 23rd February 2010, 12:44 am

that photo diagram is too cute. I love it.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next