CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry: extraordinary!

+46
Keisha
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
Fabulousat50
LadyMika
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyMang
iri9109
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
BeautifullyImpurfekt
ktoliver5303
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MsJay1121
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
NhappyJackie
MochaSoul
mstokes2008
tiashaunteƩ
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
cutephantasm
ChrsLvsBks
Mz. Thang
missmoriah
sunbaby
.:Eden:.
Ameenah
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
50 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cherry: extraordinary!

Post by bholmes87 23rd February 2010, 12:49 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:that photo diagram is too cute. I love it.

Indeed it is!!! I love that diagram Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd February 2010, 1:29 am

bholmes87 wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:that photo diagram is too cute. I love it.

Indeed it is!!! I love that diagram Smile

I agree!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 23rd February 2010, 2:26 am

Thanks you guys! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 23rd February 2010, 3:16 am

Cherry your hair looks really nice I like reading your story
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 23rd February 2010, 3:22 am

Thank you and im so glad you liked my story! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd February 2010, 9:14 am

I see you have some artistic skills...nice drawing. You should put a matting on it and frame it. Very nice!!!!

Online high school...amazing. So...how do you get your PE credit? Smile

I think that your hair is very cute, and you are doing a good job styling the two textures!!! I get texts on my phone as well....so I pop in and out from work all day!!!! Wink
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 10:44 am

Good Morning to the Young Ms. Cherry.

Nice drawing.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 23rd February 2010, 4:06 pm

KinkyNappyHappy: Thanks! I want to be a fashion designer so ive been practicing with art for years, i might post some stuff later Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin and lol! When i first got my classes i was confused about p.e. too. The way they set it up, we basically have to make sure we do at least 40 mins. of physical activity a day and then write what we did in an online journal. After the first week though, we had to create a activity plan than we can improve on. So i just strech for a few minutes then hop on the treadmill and every couple of days increase the speed. Theoretically, they have no way of knowing if we are actually doing it but i do anyway because i want to start healthy habits now, that way it wont be as hard to continue later on in life.

BlondeByDesire: GoodMoooorniiiiing<3 It is good isn't it? Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 678474 and thank you!

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Empty The crazy sidways pomp-puff-hawk

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 23rd February 2010, 5:03 pm

This random message brought to you by my shoooooes! (it will all make sense soon)
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 110

I simply love my shoes<3 so i put on a new shirt i got (from walmart Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_tongue [by miley cyrus Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Lol ]) that matches it. . . sorta. What i like about miley is that her clothes are 80's based. I <3 THE 80'S!!! so i decided my hair should be 80's-ish too, right? A hand full of lotion (grease is nasty and makes me break out) and 5 bobby pins later HA-CHAH!
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140010
The crazy sideways pomp-puff-hawk

Why is it called the crazy sideways pomp-puff-hawk you ask? Well, from the front all you can see is the sideways pomp, when i turn a little it looks like a mohawk, and from the back purely puff. crazy right?!? Being the random person i am, i think its awesome and feel like this today---> Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_cool .

from the front. lol that bobby pin is keeping my part from disappearingCherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140011

wait for it. . .Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140012

BAM!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140013

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140014
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140015
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140016
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140017

and a better look at my shirt
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140018

this crazy hair-do, all thanks to my shoes. . . that i cant wear because i go to a online high school Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_geek

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Empty Its wednesday! (wednesday is such a weird spelt word :/ )

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 24th February 2010, 11:51 pm

Hello everyone! No pictures of my hair today sorry, i woke up and sprayed it with some stuff and it pretty much looks like my avatar. So i guess ill dedicate this post to UTTER RANDOMNESS!!! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 879602

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Sponge10 lol so i wasnt the only one who noticed Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Lol

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Farnsw10
lol it works!

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Empty ITS ALMOST FRIDAY! :D

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 1:01 am

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 617583 Its almost friday you guys! Then its the weekend! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 617583

So i co-washed my hair last night and i learned some things.
My hair has taught me that. . .

1. All my coils coil clockwise. All of them. Every single one. I thought thats kinda cool! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

2. It takes 2 paper towels to dry my hair. I just lay it on my head, hold my hand on it til it cant hold anymore water and repeat with another one.

3. It does NOT like mousse. (or at least the brand i have)

4. It only likes creamy moisterizers; not gel-ish, liquidy, or greasy.

5. My hair grows faster in the middle, then the back, then the front.

6. In two weeks, my hair has grown about half an inch.

7. Tying my silk scarf around my pillow is a lot less work than tying it around my head.

8. I do NOT know how to use kccc Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_neutral I just cant figure that stuff out! Too much, my hair gets icky and gel-ish, too little only certain sections curl up right. The only way i can get it to work is by putting it in a spray bottle and watering it down so it sprays out better and more evenly.

9. It likes palmers cocoa butter. It gets all soft and stays moisterized for a long time.

10. (Since i have palmers in my hair) When i play in it, my hands are soft lol.

and i think thats it for now. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_razz

Wow! Its a LOT of work keeping up with this page EVERY DAY of the week, and this is coming from the girl who goes to an online school so is on the computer all day Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_tongue I have to give it up for you guys, this contest is more work than i assumed. I think im going to try to tell as many people as i can in this contest that i applaud them for taking the time out to do this. Dont be surprised if you see me on your page with (an attempt of) some words of encouragement.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 26th February 2010, 6:29 am

Congrats on your bc and WELCOME!!!! run I think it's awesome that you've started your journey at 16. I SOOO wish I could have gone natural earlier. You have a wonderful story, not to mention great drawing skills. I love your hair journey (thus far) diagram, it's hilarious. Funny that you want to be a fashion designer, because I'm actually in my last year of college, studying to get my bachelor's degree in fashion design.

I'm soo excited about your journey...seriously Suspect LOL! Keep us posted!

Oh and I love your name Wynter, is that your birth name?? It's beautiful, I love unique names.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 7:25 am

Hee thanks so much Very Happy Im glad you liked my story and my picture!

So you only have like half a year left? Cool! What do you learn there? Even though i already chose the college i want to go to and already know what classes are there i have a hard time believing that im actually going to be in a class that teaches me about stuff i want to learn lol.

Thank you and yes, Wynter Cherry is my birth name. My Nanas favorite season is the Winter and my mom wanted it to be unique so she spelled it with a "y" and the my dads last name was Cherry. I still wonder how that became a last name but im not complaining. It's funny because my name is so odd that most of my friends call me by my full name just so they can get the chance to say it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 11:11 am

Thanks for the love you left on my BnB thread. You are wise beyond your years. I have to keep looking at your profile pic to remember you are only 16. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I loved your 80s photo shoot!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 26th February 2010, 3:06 pm

Hi,

You are absolutely adorable. I like your "kinda curls" style as you call it/them. You did a great job on your sis' hair, too. I wish I had transitioned at 16. :-)
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 26th February 2010, 4:16 pm

Well, my school's schedule is different from most colleges. We have classes all year round (even summer), but we still get breaks just not as long and at the same time as everyone else. So, I should be finished by December.

There are loads of things I've learned: sewing, draping, pattern drafting, illustration, computer illustration, how to develop design boards, flat sketching, fashion history, specification package development, print making, and the list goes on and on. Our curriculum offers a lot of course options. Right now I am learning how to make my portfolio website, it should be finished by the end of March. I can't wait.

What school are you planning on attending?

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th February 2010, 4:54 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:
This random message brought to you by my shoooooes! (it will all make sense soon)

I simply love my shoes<3 so i put on a new shirt i got (from walmart Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_tongue [by miley cyrus Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Lol ]) that matches it. . . sorta. What i like about miley is that her clothes are 80's based. I <3 THE 80'S!!! so i decided my hair should be 80's-ish too, right? A hand full of lotion (grease is nasty and makes me break out) and 5 bobby pins later HA-CHAH!

Why is it called the crazy sideways pomp-puff-hawk you ask? Well, from the front all you can see is the sideways pomp, when i turn a little it looks like a mohawk, and from the back purely puff. crazy right?!? Being the random person i am, i think its awesome and feel like this today---> Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_cool .

from the front. lol that bobby pin is keeping my part from disappearingCherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Pc140011

this crazy hair-do, all thanks to my shoes. . . that i cant wear because i go to a online high school Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_geek

CAAAAUUUTE SHOES!!! and HAIRSTYLE I love it!!! I love you How did you get your hair so slicked down on the side? Im so gonna try this style if you dont mind....you and your hair and your shoes are just adorable.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th February 2010, 6:10 pm

It is work but the hardest thing is to remember to post on your own thread because you get caught up reading everyone elses.

You learned a lot. You are doing a great job at tracking your hair's likes and dislikes.

I'm enjoying having you here.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th February 2010, 6:21 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:It is work but the hardest thing is to remember to post on your own thread because you get caught up reading everyone elses.

You learned a lot. You are doing a great job at tracking your hair's likes and dislikes.

I'm enjoying having you here.

Me too Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 26th February 2010, 8:25 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:

Let me just say FIERCE.... Ok thats all. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Lol
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 8:41 pm

Lynnie: Ha ha i think its just more “observant” than wise lol and thanks!

Sunbaby: Thank yooou!

Eden: Ohhh ok so where do you go and how long have you been there? And omg all of that sounds soo fun!!! I cant wait to go to college! I want to either go to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising or Savannah College of Art and Design. Im supposed to be taking a tour of the FIDM campus one of these days but idk I always seem to get side-tracked. :/

Missmoriahiscurly: Thanks lol I got my shoes at dsw’s like a week ago for like 25 FRIKKIN BUCKS! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_eek I had to get em! Lol I used palmers cocoa butter lotion lmbo. My hair loves it! It stays soft and moisturized for days after I put it in. Oh! I would love for you to try it! If you do post some pics! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin and hee thanks!

Shee: Lol it is. I have like 15 topics being watched so reading them all then getting back to my own is a LOT of work Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_razz and thanks!

Bholmes: heh thanks!

Mz.Thang: lol why thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 26th February 2010, 8:58 pm

I go to The Art Institute of Seattle, and I've been here since Aug 2007. It really is fun, but it's a lot more work than I expected. It's good more work though. I can actually say for the first time in my life that I enjoy going to school, which I could NEVER say before. I'm studying something that I love, and that's what makes it so enjoyable.

Both of those schools are great one thing you should consider is whether or not they offer you a Bachelor's degree. All of my teachers currently work in the industry, and they stress that having that level of education puts you ahead of those with Associates degrees. You get paid more, and will be considered above others upon hiring. I'm sure you can get a job based off of a schools' image, but most of the time that doesn't cut it. You definitely want the most out of your education, so it's definitely a must to compare what each school offers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 9:38 pm

Im glad to hear that youre enjoying school and thanks for the advice! Im stilling just learning how college works so i will ask my mom to help me with the research when she gets home. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Hopefully shell feel up to it.

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 Empty My hair nightmare!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 10:17 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 678474 Its FRIDAY!!! FridayFridayFridayFridayCherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 678474

Boy, do i have a story for you guys lol. So i had a dream where i had long hair (it was APL) and it was in a ponytail (not a super fab one just a "had nothing better to do with my hair" one). I could tell by looking at it that i was in fact natural, but instead of being curly and glamorous, it was dry, frizzy at the roots, strait (ish) all the way down, and the ends were frizzing up due to split ends. Immediately i could tell that my hair was unhealthy and damaged because of constant FLAT IRONING. I was in a beauty suppy store looking for foam rollers so i could get my hair curly again. I woke up and almost yelled "noooo not my cuuuuuuurllls!!!!!"

The funny thing is I never knew what my natural curly hair looked like and i still missed it. Im never flat ironing my hair again lol! Even though I dont know what my hair will look like or how it will take to being straitened with heat, im not going to find out. I almost cried in my dream because my curls were gone and i never even saw them so idk what id do if it happened in real life.

I have some pics for yooou!

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 211
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 113
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 2 512

I massaged my head for a long time and it turned into a sorta fuzzy fro so i guess thats what this ones going to be called. (Random thought: kee hee my hairs all soft and smells like fruit lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th February 2010, 7:34 am

That sounds like a terrible dream!!! I had a dream where I went to a hair salon for a trim and I came out with a relaxer Shocked

Now THAT'S scary!!! Mad

I'm pretty sure that you'll love your curls no matter how they come out so there shouldn't be anything to worry about Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next