CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Lola anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Cherry Lola anyone? Empty Cherry Lola anyone?

Post by freckledmom4 16th August 2010, 2:24 pm

On one of my many yt "research" sessions, I came across a video for the "Cherry Lola Treatment." You combine amino acids, yogurt, and baking soda and apply it you your hair in order to define curls and reduce frizz. Have you tried it and what was your experience, please?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Cherry Lola anyone? Empty Re: Cherry Lola anyone?

Post by kbelle 16th August 2010, 3:58 pm

I haven't tried that treatment (looking up YT now ...) but I have used Yogurt (Full fat, whole milk kind) with several oils, Yes to Cucumbers condish and Aloe Vera Gel. It's one of my fav DC's that I do about 2x's a month. My hair is so happy when I do one of these.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by templegirl 16th August 2010, 11:41 pm

My first post Very Happy

Yes, I've tried CLT, with really nice results. Instantly, my hair separated into the cutest, most defined coils! They hung like perfection before I even got the entire treatment into my hair. I left it on for about 30 mins. Be careful - it gets pretty messy as things sit on your head and heat up.

Afterward, I took her advice and rinsed my hair by filling a plastic container and pouring that over my head to combat frizzies at the crown. I did a WnG afterward and the definition was crazy! The extra definition lasted almost a week. Some people say that the results get better the more you do it. I am protein sensitive, so I was a little worried, but it turned out fine. Just make sure to rinse really well afterward. A DT would be nice too.
templegirl
templegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 17th August 2010, 12:07 am

I tried the CLT last year and smelled ammonia during the processing! Yikes!!! That totally freaked me out. I won't do it again.

See Kimmaytube's video. Note discussion at 3:42
https://www.youtube.com/user/kimmaytube#p/u/7/JAjZjecFPFg

HTH
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by templegirl 17th August 2010, 9:54 am

TheTruth -

I've heard other women say that too. My nose was ready to sniff out anything that wasn't right! But I didn't notice anything strange. Maybe it depends on what other types of products you use?? Either way, Kim's video was interesting. That was my first experience with baking soda. I'm not sure when I'll do CLT again - my PJ has taken over and I'm henna-ing now!
templegirl
templegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 17th August 2010, 10:48 am

Thanks for the input Ladies! The jury is still out on whether I'm going to try it or not. My hair does pretty well with protein, but since I henna often, I don't want to do anything that might cause the color to change.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down