CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry: extraordinary!

+46
Keisha
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
Fabulousat50
LadyMika
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyMang
iri9109
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
BeautifullyImpurfekt
ktoliver5303
MellowOne
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
LaToya28
MsJay1121
SimplyShainee
CocoEuro
NhappyJackie
MochaSoul
mstokes2008
tiashaunteé
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
MahoganyCurls
PaganWifey
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
cutephantasm
ChrsLvsBks
Mz. Thang
missmoriah
sunbaby
.:Eden:.
Ameenah
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
50 posters

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Empty Re: Cherry: extraordinary!

Post by bholmes87 10th March 2010, 1:38 am

LOL you're funny!!!! But you're telling the truth though! It definitely takes that long to post pics Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 2:00 am

Lol! It took me at LEAST 30 minutes to get dolled up and it was only from the waist up lol i still had on my pajama pants. Took me 30 minutes to put on a shirt, a pair of earrings, and a necklace lol.Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th March 2010, 10:55 am

Congratulations on your BC! Love the new avatar!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th March 2010, 11:26 am

congrats on the BC!!! I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR! Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Lol at the 30 min prep sessionto take pics you ain't never lied! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th March 2010, 11:58 am

Love the new avatar--such personality.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th March 2010, 12:01 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Love the new avatar--such personality.

DITTO THAT Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 10th March 2010, 12:18 pm

Congrats on your bc! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so pretty!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 12:33 pm

LynnieLuve:Thank you!

Sweetdrk1: Thanks and haha yeah the whole process probably took about 3-4 hours lol Razz

ChrsLvsBks:Thank you!

Intelligentbeauty:Thanks!

MahoganyCurls: Hee thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th March 2010, 7:03 pm

Hey Young One!! Gorgeous BC!! Beautiful pics!! Pretty Girl!! Now about your photo session I love it. As for the pic selection process you shouldn't be so critical of your pics. I'm sure you had more pretty pics than you think. Just my opinion.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th March 2010, 7:15 pm

wooo hoo!! wash n goooos!! definitely lovin the avi, too cute!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 8:26 pm

SheeTactular_Napps: Hee thanks so much Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_razz and idk, Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_12_10i guess ive just always been that way when i take pictures . Although i will admit, a photographer I AM NOT, so like 1/3 of the original set come out blurry or only show like half my face lol but idk ill try not to be so critical next time Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_tongue

NubieNatty: YES! Wash and gos are the business! (besides, at this point, i dont know how to do much else lol) Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin Thanks!

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Sig

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Empty URG!!!!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 9:08 pm

If you havent read my rant on the rant thread, I was woken up at like 5 in the freakin am by the neighbors noisy dog. Even worse, it was the OWNERS dog (we live in one of those houses where a block or two of them have an owner [i really dont think i explained that right]) so we dont want to complain but GEES. The dog just hangs on the gate between our house and the owners so all you can hear is ROOF ROOF ROOF. . . ROOF ROOF ROOF. . .ROOF . . .ROOF ROOF. . .ROOF ROOF ROOF. I kid you not it sounded like morse code. 3 barks, a pause, 3 barks, a pause, 1 bark, a pause, 2 barks, a pause, 3 barks, a pause.

He was barking for like an hour so i couldnt go back to sleep and had to stay up. I tried go to class as usual my since i was "awake" (i was NOT feelin awake, i just couldnt sleep). The first 2 classes, so far so good. Then i crashed and fell asleep. I was asleep for about 4 and a half hours so i have to push my class schedule back 4 and a half hours! Im gonna be in school til at LEAST 8. All thanks to that dog. . . Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_13_4 *sigh*

Well today i sprayed my hair AND put moisterizer in it (keep in mind i have moisterizer in my spray bottle, along with olive oil and water). It seems like most days when i wake up, my hair is yelling "FEEEEEEED ME Seymour!" Then i massaged my head for a long time and it came out as a really soft and moisturized fro. I think its cute but the only thing, since i still have some relaxed hair left, in some spots, the relaxed hair doesnt want to curl so i have strait fro pieces: not cute Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes .

Anywho, I guess i shall be returning to class. . . if it wasnt for that dog id be DONE ALREADY!!!!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_3_1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th March 2010, 9:13 pm

LOL @ the morse code barking ! hhahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th March 2010, 9:15 pm

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:
If you havent read my rant on the rant thread, I was woken up at like 5 in the freakin am by the neighbors noisy dog. Even worse, it was the OWNERS dog (we live in one of those houses where a block or two of them have an owner [i really dont think i explained that right]) so we dont want to complain but GEES. The dog just hangs on the gate between our house and the owners so all you can hear is ROOF ROOF ROOF. . . ROOF ROOF ROOF. . .ROOF . . .ROOF ROOF. . .ROOF ROOF ROOF. I kid you not it sounded like morse code. 3 barks, a pause, 3 barks, a pause, 1 bark, a pause, 2 barks, a pause, 3 barks, a pause.

He was barking for like an hour so i couldnt go back to sleep and had to stay up. I tried go to class as usual my since i was "awake" (i was NOT feelin awake, i just couldnt sleep). The first 2 classes, so far so good. Then i crashed and fell asleep. I was asleep for about 4 and a half hours so i have to push my class schedule back 4 and a half hours! Im gonna be in school til at LEAST 8. All thanks to that dog. . . Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_13_4 *sigh*

Well today i sprayed my hair AND put moisterizer in it (keep in mind i have moisterizer in my spray bottle, along with olive oil and water). It seems like most days when i wake up, my hair is yelling "FEEEEEEED ME Seymour!" Then i massaged my head for a long time and it came out as a really soft and moisturized fro. I think its cute but the only thing, since i still have some relaxed hair left, in some spots, the relaxed hair doesnt want to curl so i have strait fro pieces: not cute Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes .

Anywho, I guess i shall be returning to class. . . if it wasnt for that dog id be DONE ALREADY!!!!Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_3_1

lol! Even though that sucks that you had to push the class schedule back, I couldn't help but laugh while I was reading this!!!! I just keep picturing a dog in the navy, sending messages via morse code. Too funny!!!
And then you had to say FEEEEED ME SEYMOUR!!! Little Shop of Horrors is one of the funniest musicals ever!!! Plus it made me think of the Wizard of Oz .... and your little dog too! lol I hope you can stay awake to finish school though!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 10th March 2010, 9:46 pm

Sweetdrk1: YES! That was just CRAZY. and he kept at it the WHOLE time! He kept going "roof roof roof" and taking a pause and ocassionally switched it up but that was just so odd. Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes

Bholmes: Ha ha navy dog and LOL! I always laughed at Little Shop of Horrors which is kinda sad since most of it is about the plant eating humans but i couldnt stop laughing! and yeah im going to be in school even LONGER now because my brother brought one of his friends home so i have to play maid and get them tea and make them muffins *sigh*. At this rate ill NEVER be finished. . .doesnt help that im still on CurlyNikki lol

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th March 2010, 10:32 pm

I jumped to a conclusion. I apologize. I just didn't want you criticizing ur pics because you didnt like the way you look but the pics with technical difficulties must go..lol.

And you know the barking dog thing I think its one in every neighborhood.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 11th March 2010, 12:31 am

lol no problem and 1 in every neighborhood? How about i have 2, one on each side of the house Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 11:07 am

I'm surrounded by dogs and I have one. Thankfully mine does not bark - I don't know why, he just doesn't like to bark.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 11th March 2010, 1:32 pm

Hmm i wonder why not, i guess its kind of like how some babies dont cry.

Back to top Go down

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Empty Lets take a trip down memory lane :D

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 11th March 2010, 4:04 pm

No funny story, rant, or hair observations today. Instead, im going to show you some pictures of my hair in the past in chronological order along with captions. Remember that diagram i drew a few pages back so i didnt have to break out the cheesy myspace pictures? Yeah, well, were all family here so i dont mind bringing them out anymore. As you can see, i suffer from severe acne . . .yeah, still working on that. Please excuse the quality of some of the pictures; as ive stated before: "a photographer i am not". Enjoy Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_razz

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 110
6th grade- year of my first perm

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 212
7th grade- All i did to my hair was part it sideways and put it in a ponytail
(you can kinda tell by my expression that i do NOT like people all on my face)

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 311
8th grade-graduation
(me, my sister, and my dad)

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1710
9th grade- i started to do my own hair
(experimenting with flatirons and curlers caused my hair heat damage so snip snip. This is when i had the spiky hair do but i have no pictures so onto the next stage)

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 911
My hairs slowly growing. . . couldnt let go of those bangs smh

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1011
more hair experimenting, this time with no heat

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1111
my hair grew back pretty healthy

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1210
I loved my hair at this length! It was easy to take care of and i rarely had to use heat.

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1310
I curled up the back to make it look like a bob

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1410
same day

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1510
same day still (wow my bangs were long then)

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1610
Even longer bangs

Then my hair was at that awkward length that was too short to do anything with and too long for it to NOT get messed up by my coats collar. Then the flatiron returned to curl up the back
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 411
My hair got wet hence the waves and frizzies at the end

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 513

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 611
You can really see what the flatiron was doing to my hair, but i was so "smart" that i just kept flatironing it strait. Now i know better.

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 711
Constant heat made my ends frizzy and my new growth crinkly.

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 811
After this point my stylist suggested i go more often to get my hair back in shape. It did get better and longer. Then i took better care of my hair.

Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Untitl10
This is pretty much how long it got. Usually my hair looks better than that but its the only picture i had of that hair stage. (That half-naked guy poster is NOT mine! my brother watches wrestling [the fake kind]) This is when i got a random bald spot in the middle of the back of my head and decided to get my hair cut that way when it grew back, there would be less of a length difference between that spot and the rest of my head. Logical right? Well i thought so. Anyway, i came out the shop looking like this:
Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 1810
Cute right?!? I loved it! Then i took out the track and noticed she cut my bangs Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_sad so i just raked my fingers through my hair and sported a short pomp. (it looks better than it sounds [btw, i dont have pictures sorry]) I went all of the first semester of this year (11th grade year) with my hair like that but after christmas break i started looking at natural forums (random site hopping) and i decided i wanted to go natural and asked my mom if i could cut my hair and as soon as i got the ok i snipped most of it off.

~ (negative) Reasons i was so eager to let the perm go~
(I do realize perms and relaxers are not the same thing but i call them perms anyway.)

~I never liked my hair after a perm, it was always thin and stringy.
~I hated having to wrap my hair every night.
~The smell of perms give me a headache.
~I hate with a PASSION staying in a salon for over an hour.
~I hated the fact that i had to AVOID water.
~I HATED that i couldnt take hot showers as often because i didnt want to "sweat out my hair"
~I hated that it took me an hour to do anything "special" to my hair in the morning and it fell by the end of the day.
~I hated that my hair was strait and couldnt bounce.
~I hated that guys assume we can wash our hair everyday so they say its gross that i only washed my hair once every 2 weeks.
~I hated that i had to smooth down my hair every 10 minutes.
~I hated how no matter how hard i try to keep my hair nice it always looks bad at the end of the day.
~I hated that my stylist used sprits on my hair so the next morning it was either stuck, flat, stuck flat, or just hard to convert back to my normal hair style.
~I hated having to blowdry my hair for 2 hours. Why does it take sooooo long?!? It not like i had that much hair.

*Sigh*
well, glad thats all over Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 4:15 pm

Those pics are not cheesy! They fit perfectly with your hair story and it looks like you have a fun life (I want to be 16 again Sad )
It is great that you are learning to take care of your hair at such a young age. You are going to end up being one of those women with super long hair and a mass amount of followers and people that trust your hair care advice. Keep up the journey, you are going to love it.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th March 2010, 4:17 pm

I totally agree with Tia!!! First of all those pics are NOT cheesy. They're adorable! Smile and second you are gonna have a grip of followers because you're gonna have a wealth of knowledge about your hair since you're taking care of it now. Yay!

P.S. even though you didn't technically have a "rant" you still managed to write an entire essay! I loved reading it though
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 11th March 2010, 7:24 pm

Ha ha thanks you guys! I really am trying to learn about my hair so i can get it nice and healthy and my journey so far has already helped a lot! and Idk if i can handle long hair lol. Well i dont mind if its "width" long like a fro, but if i end up with "waterfall" long hair i might go crazy and cut it out of fear that ill mess it up Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Lol but im serious, i really wouldnt know what to do with itCherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 4_12_10 well we shall see when i have hair lol.

Lol oops so maybe i did rant a little Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_razz eh heh heh but i was just remembering my hair issues and started going off on my keyboard and when i scratched my head i felt curls and it was reassuring to know that all that was over heh i wanted to do a little dance Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 5_5_137

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 12th March 2010, 2:08 am

I just got home from Joe's Crab Shack Cherry: extraordinary! - Page 5 Icon_biggrin I love me some crab! yup thats pretty much it, just thought id share lol

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2010, 11:07 am

Love the photos, wow 16 seems so long ago.

Enjoy your journey ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next