CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Lola Treatment

+4
jamaicacurl
Natural Wheezes
rebelrocks
Courtie
8 posters

Go down

Cherry Lola Treatment Empty Cherry Lola Treatment

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 12:28 pm

A lot of you ladies have been asking about the Cherry Lola treatment. I did one this weekend and I wanted to show the more in-depth process of how it's done.

The Cherry Lola treatment is an intensive protein treatment. If your hair does not like protein, this treatment will make it hard and dry. If it does, the treatment will make it smooth and silky, with better curl definition.

We start with three ingredients -- Plain Yogurt, Baking Soda, and Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Bragg's is a soy sauce substitute for raw foodies. It's really tasty. Bragg's is basically liquid protein. You can get Bragg's at any health food store. It's a good substitute for soy sauce and it gives you energy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First we put the yogurt in a bowl. Use more than you think you need. It really needs to coat the whole head. I used about 3/4 cup of yogurt.

Now squirt in the Bragg's. I never measure, I just do it until it looks right. This is about right.

Now stir it all up.

You could eat this if you wanted to but I doubt you'd want to.

Now the baking soda. Again, no measurement. This is like a tablespoon and a half.

Once you add the soda, the mix goes crazy and begins to aerate.

Neat.

Now we take it to the bathroom and slather it on dry hair.
This is what I started with:

Stunning.

Slathered it all over, and let it sit for 20 minutes. You can go anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. Anything less than 20 is not really doing anything, and I have not seen any significant difference when leaving it in for over 40 minutes. I usually clock in around 30.

This is my hair after I rinsed it out. I then did a henna gloss on it.

So, yeah, the Cherry Lola treatment is not for everyone, but if your hair likes protein, I'd give it a try, because it's awesome. You could start with just a little Bragg's and see how that works.

Hope this helped!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Cherry Lola Treatment Empty Re: Cherry Lola Treatment

Post by rebelrocks 16th November 2009, 1:02 pm

This made me hungry, and I don't think it was supposed to!
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 1:39 pm

Ew, girl. You have not smelled it.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 16th November 2009, 2:03 pm

rebelrocks wrote:This made me hungry, and I don't think it was supposed to!

LOL!!! My hair makes the sign of the cross at most proteins so I'll have to leave this be, darn it! I think I'm going to consider the sour cream in another thread.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 3:42 pm

LOL!!! My hair makes the sign of the cross at most proteins so I'll
have to leave this be, darn it! I think I'm going to consider the sour
cream in another thread.

Girl, your hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Yeah, I was reading about the sour cream. Seems like it gets comparable results. Post pics if you try it!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 16th November 2009, 9:04 pm

Thanks Courtie! And I'll definitely post up pics when I do!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 12:22 am

I had made a post asking about what this Cherry Lola tx was all about and I found videos. I bought some liquid aminos but didn't exactly do this tx but I'm still planning on it. Instead I mixed the liquid aminos in with coconut milk. I had very nice results (soft and defined curls).

Do you use whole fat yogurt? Everytime I go to the store and all I can find is low fat. I figured I need the whole fats for moisturizing lipids...but I could be wrong.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 1:39 pm

@jamaicacurls -- I am going to try mixing it in with coconut milk! I sometimes do a coconut milk rinse, so I will add the Bragg's to it.

I just used lowfat yogurt cause I can never find full fat. But I bet Greek yogurt would work.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 1:52 pm

You're right, I did see the Greek yogurt that was full fat. I was just to cheap to spend the $4 for it, when all the others were $2 something lol!
The pic in my avatar is the result of the coconut milk and liquid aminos!

BTW, how often do you do this treatment?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 3:38 pm

Looks great! (I don't blame you, I buy the big thing of plain lowfat yogurt at Aldi's for $1.59)

I do Cherry Lola once a week, when I henna. But I am going to try the coco milk thing tonight!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 4:00 pm

Courtie wrote:Looks great! (I don't blame you, I buy the big thing of plain lowfat yogurt at Aldi's for $1.59)

I do Cherry Lola once a week, when I henna. But I am going to try the coco milk thing tonight!

Oooh ok! Update us with the results & pics if you can!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 18th November 2009, 4:29 pm

I didn't think my hair was protein sensitive (I've used other protein products with no problems), but my hair HATED the Cherry Lola treatment! It made it dry and hard. It must have been the amino acids because I've used both baking soda and yogurt before with great results. Now I just use the aa's on my food instead of soy sauce!

I've found the big tubs of plain full fat yogurt. I used greek yogurt in my last bentonite clay treatment and got the best results I've ever gotten, so I may just have to splurge every so often. It's only $1.75 for the small container, which is about the right amount for one treatment and not a lot to spend once a week or every other week.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 4:51 pm

@jamaicacurl - I definitely will!

@Moni - I will definitely be trying the Greek yogurt.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 5:05 pm

Moni wrote:I didn't think my hair was protein sensitive (I've used other protein products with no problems), but my hair HATED the Cherry Lola treatment! It made it dry and hard. It must have been the amino acids because I've used both baking soda and yogurt before with great results. Now I just use the aa's on my food instead of soy sauce!

I've found the big tubs of plain full fat yogurt. I used greek yogurt in my last bentonite clay treatment and got the best results I've ever gotten, so I may just have to splurge every so often. It's only $1.75 for the small container, which is about the right amount for one treatment and not a lot to spend once a week or every other week.

Hmmm, I haven't seen any of the smaller containers of full fat. Just gotta keep looking!

What is this bentonite clay treatment you do?
I think I may start a post asking ppl to give details on the deep treatments & protein treatments they do.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 18th November 2009, 5:29 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:

What is this bentonite clay treatment you do?
I think I may start a post asking ppl to give details on the deep treatments & protein treatments they do.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/bentonite-clay-t415.htm#8144

Basically you use bentonite clay to clean your hair without stripping it. I use bentonite, a tiny bit of baking soda, yogurt, apple cider vinegar and enough water to get the right consistency. I use about 1.5 cups yogurt and 1/3 cup acv and leave it on for about 15 minutes, massaging my scalp both when I apply and when I rinse. The result: clean, moisturized, defined hair. I think from now on I'll BC every other week, co-washing in between. Who needs shampoo when you've got bentonite? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 18th November 2009, 6:35 pm

Oh wow thanks for the link. Very interesting stuff! I've never even heard of bentonite clay....of course now I have to get it lol!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlybella 20th November 2009, 7:29 pm

oh, i've been wanting to try this for a min.

i think i need to get to it.

i'm protective styling my hair until feb or so but in between do treatments to my hair.

i think i'mma get to this this weekend.

i'll be sure to update.

kb
www.kisforkinky.com
kurlybella
kurlybella

http://www.kisforkinky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aunaturalebelle 21st November 2009, 8:53 pm

Thanks for posting this with pics! I went to the Cherry Lola site and still couldn't figure out what the treatment was. Ha!
aunaturalebelle
aunaturalebelle

http://www.aunaturalebelle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 24th November 2009, 9:06 pm

OK Courtie - I just found this post. Now I have another stupid question - how do you know if your hair likes protein. I'm looking at the people's hair and you all seem to share a similar grade and I was wondering if maybe that would determine if your hair liked protein or not. I think mine does but I'm not sure.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 25th November 2009, 1:17 pm

Cory - I have seen a lot of girls with very different textures who liked the treatment, and I'm not sure how to tell. If you want to try it, you could do it using about half the amount of Bragg's I used, and only leave it on for ten minutes. If your hair is not cool with it, you'll know after ten minutes.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 25th November 2009, 6:52 pm

Corygentri wrote:OK Courtie - I just found this post. Now I have another stupid question - how do you know if your hair likes protein. I'm looking at the people's hair and you all seem to share a similar grade and I was wondering if maybe that would determine if your hair liked protein or not. I think mine does but I'm not sure.

I think it's easier to tell if your hair doesn't like protein. If you use a protein conditioner and your hair feels hard or rough, then it doesn't like it. Some people are more protein sensitive then others. For example, I use Giovanni direct, which contains protein, at least once a week and Aubrey Organics GBP about every other week, and my hair loves both. However, my hair hated the Cherry Lola treatment, which is a lot more protein heavy than my regular conditioners. Try it out and if your hair doesn't feel good when you rinse it out use a really moisturizing deep conditioner.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down