CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? Empty What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by natural83 22nd January 2010, 1:28 pm

So last week I just had the urge to try something new, as I'm sure we all are guilty of getting those "urges"! LOL! Because it was late when I got this sudden urge, I went online and started browsing, anxious to order something new! (I know...im horrible!) Anyhoo, I ended up ordering the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner and Im super excited because it came today! YAYYYY! Im really anxious to try it out because I've heard its great! I'll have to let you guys know when I try it out...unfortunately I just did my hair last night, so it may be a few more days before I give it a try. But who knows with me! LOL!

So what new products are you guys trying out for the first time? Let's dish...cuz I may be ordering that too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by NewlyNina 22nd January 2010, 3:20 pm

Have you tried Darcy's Bontanticals? http://darcysbotanicals.com/
Since I'm still transitioning...ugh! So I tend to experiment on my girls alot, LOL. But I have tried the:
Madagascar Vanillia Styling Creme and I just love, love, love! I used it on my dry braid out very soft results and hold. I also used it to twist my girls hair with great results.
Natural Coils Curling Jelly I used this to sleek my hair back into a bun and you could really tell me new growth from my relaxed hair. It really made my new growth defined. Curls popping! I had to tied my hair down that night. But I love thus far! It has hold to be light weight gel and I have used it on my darling kiddos and it enhanced & defined their curls while giving hold and softness.
The also included a sample of their Peach Kernel Nectar body oil and it smells so divine! Goes on greasy but dries very light which I love. Its a body oil but I used some on my braidout to give it some shine and that it did...all week.
So....back to the drawing board for me!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by jerseygirl 22nd January 2010, 11:34 pm

I have been watching Youtube and there is a new product called "Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic" and they compared it to "Kinky Curly Curling Custard and KC Knots Today". I ordered it and I love it! It is all natural and a all-in-one product, you don't need an extra product for it to work well. Its a few dollars cheaper than KCCC but you save because you don't need an extra product like KC Knots Today. I also ordered Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter and that is great for twist outs and again you only need one product. Check it out!
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 23rd January 2010, 12:24 am

I'm trying aloe vera gel for the first time. I'm always so skeptical of trying new products, but I took the plunge randomly. Let's see how it goes.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 12:43 am

I shouldnt be on this thread because I am apart of the No Buy Challenge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (hoping my fellow challengers arent "in" here) and this could be bad influence on me but the last product I tried was BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I've only tried it once. I dont like giving reviews after one use but I think I like it. It yield great results. I used it to do my two strand twist. Here are the results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2nd day Twist out

Also my avatar is 2nd day hair using the Curly Butter.

**tiptoeing out of this thread**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 23rd January 2010, 12:59 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I shouldnt be on this thread because I am apart of the No Buy Challenge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (hoping my fellow challengers arent "in" here) and this could be bad influence on me but the last product I tried was BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I've only tried it once. I dont like giving reviews after one use but I think I like it. It yield great results. I used it to do my two strand twist. Here are the results.

2nd day Twist out

Also my avatar is 2nd day hair using the Curly Butter.

lol well your twists look great!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 2:39 am

Thanks CFC!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd January 2010, 3:28 am

Lynnieluve wrote: (hoping my fellow challengers arent "in" here)

Don't try to tiptoe out now... Suspect Whatcha doin' in this thread Lynnie? huh?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd January 2010, 8:24 am

A HA!! GOTCHA LYNN!! **looking eye to eye and pointing**

im apart of the stash challenge as well so im trying out whatever's in my stash that i bought from black friday and the holidays! too many to list right now which is why im on the challenge, lol.

Qhemet olive n honey and burdock cream left my hair cloud soft. its a big jar that will last me a loooooong time!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 12:54 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote: (hoping my fellow challengers arent "in" here)

Don't try to tiptoe out now... Suspect Whatcha doin' in this thread Lynnie? huh?

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:A HA!! GOTCHA LYNN!! **looking eye to eye and pointing**

im apart of the stash challenge as well so im trying out whatever's in my stash that i bought from black friday and the holidays! too many to list right now which is why im on the challenge, lol.

Qhemet olive n honey and burdock cream left my hair cloud soft. its a big jar that will last me a loooooong time!

HUH? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] What I am doing in here? What are you two doing in here?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd January 2010, 1:36 pm

We were checking on you Lynnie. As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew someone was gonna get tempted. Lo and behold, who do I find trying to sneak in here...YOU!
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 1:45 pm

Are you sure you werent over here trying to check out product reviews for yourself? I am just trying to do my part to help the natural hair community!! That's all! You know me.....Helpful LynnieLuve!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd January 2010, 3:56 pm

LMAO @Lynnieluve "tip-toeing" out of this thread! Hahahahahaha, HILARIOUS!!!!!! Love your pics though!

I've heard of the Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic...just recently though! Hmmmm, sounds like something I may wanna try! @Jerseygirl are you using it for wash-n-go's? Im getting tempted! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd January 2010, 4:13 pm

lmaoooooo@ lynnie's "helping hands"!! please! actually i gotta stay outta here now cuz my scalp was already itchin to try some kbb last week and now she mysteriously sends me emails to inform me of her "specials"

EEEEEKK!! the devil is a lie, so much temptation and hair sin goin on; i...i...i..i gotta go! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd January 2010, 6:10 pm

Staring at LYNN uhmm....uhhhh what gives mommy! U ain't pose to be in hur! *thinking how I know if I wasn't in here wit her?*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] uhm.....I came cause uhm... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] cause I saw Nubie and uhm I knew she wasn't pose ta b in hur either!! hahahahahahaaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd January 2010, 6:48 pm

I'm telling TravelJunkie on all ya'll.

*realizes, I'll have to tell on myself and reconsiders*

ok, ya'll don't tell, I won't tell. silent
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 23rd January 2010, 8:47 pm

i haven't bought anything new...but i'm so itching to get some uncle funky's daughter.
i'm even a fan on facebook...
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Apearl 23rd January 2010, 10:55 pm

I'm trying Biosilk Silk Therapy (saw it mentioned on here a month ago) on my hair straightened. So far I like it. Using it with a little shea butter instead of coconut and jajoba oils.

I also purchased Biosilk Smoothing Balm which can be used on straighted or curly hair. And Biosilk Silk Strate which helps your hair straighten easier.

I have not used the last two yet, but will update when I do!
Apearl
Apearl

http://public.fotki.com/ApearlC/

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? Empty Unkle funkys daughter extra butter and curling magic!

Post by Swiss Miss24 23rd January 2010, 11:09 pm

I love this stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm still transitioning and it dosent do much for my relaxed ends, but I do notice how lovely my natural curls look.

Swiss Miss24

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 24th January 2010, 12:49 am

I've been using Uncle Funky's for quite some time...tossed the KCCC. It's the exact same thing but cheaper and you get more.

I ordered the rest of their products except the shampoo. Loving the Good Hair styling cream...
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2010, 1:04 pm

Erica5417 wrote:I'm telling TravelJunkie on all ya'll.

*realizes, I'll have to tell on myself and reconsiders*

ok, ya'll don't tell, I won't tell. silent
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th January 2010, 12:35 am

just used qhemet honeytea bush gel, love it! im testing out gels on my coils since i have so many, lol. its a light gel and dries so luxuriously soft. who invented this stuff? must be angels!

up next ecostyler (courtesy of neethair)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 25th January 2010, 12:49 am

I just tried Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream on my two strand twists. It feels really, really moisturized... a little moreso than with the Burdock root. I'll check back in with my final verdict soon!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 12:55 am

**making a list....Qhemet Alma and Olive Heavy Cream**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 25th January 2010, 1:20 am

*Runs to tell TravelJunkie that Lynnie's still hanging out in this thread*
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next