CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 6 Empty HELP ME TO SHAPE THIS HAIR!!!

Post by Islander3906 28th February 2010, 10:50 pm

Well this is going to be interesting it's something I'm trying now that you've all inspired me to take care of my curls. My mixture includes, EVOO, HE Hello Hydration Conditioner, Essential Oils: Pepermint, Sage, and Tea Tree, Talia Waajid African Healing Oil, and Cantu Shea Butter. I know it's a lot but so far I find that my hair stays bouncy, the curls are defined, and my hair is not dry. I went to an event at noon and it's now 8:30 and my hair still looks good.

What I'm working on now is definition - my hair does not have any shape, I've tried center part, side part and no part and still I find the front of my hair just does not behave. I don't know why.

I have a wedding to attend in the summer for my older sister and I might have to suck it up and do coils at the salon unless I find something that works before then. I have to find a way to pin up the sides maybe i don't know i just find that my hair sits off of my face and it's not what I'm looking for.

Plus you can't mess around with it too much because you're going to lose the curl. Help!!!!!!!!

I've added some pix.

Before the twist out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After the twist out.

After the twist out 2.

Outside shot - after twist out.
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 6 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 28th February 2010, 11:29 pm

Hey ladies.....I have found a awesome leave in/setting lotion. Its called Creme of Nature Fortifying Serum.....

I used it with my HG: HE None of ur Frizzness~~Aussie 3 minute DC~~ ORS Aloe shampoo(had to wash out "stuff" the salon used last week) and hair was super moisturized....I begin to rollerset hair and used the serum on each section b4 I rolled my hair...my hair has been super soft...super shiny...super defined curls yet nice hold....I really like this stuff. And here I am day 4...I have minimum frizz...hair is still super soft...pretty good buy. It cost $6.00 but it was worth it. My new avatar is the Day 2...hair. U should definitely try it...
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 6 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by Islander3906 1st March 2010, 12:03 am

Hi 3C what kind of rollers are u using to set your hair? I have yet to try a roller set. Twist outs and afros is what I've been working.
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 1st March 2010, 12:23 pm

Islander3906 wrote:Hi 3C what kind of rollers are u using to set your hair? I have yet to try a roller set. Twist outs and afros is what I've been working.

Hey!
I'm using the gray & white perm rods. I love the kind of curl they give...I call my style my Curly Fro...and I get SOOOOOOO many compliments on it.....for some reason I cannot perfect the twist out. Rolling Eyes
Here are some close up pics to get an idea of the rollers
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 1st March 2010, 12:59 pm

I am so late in the PJ game that it is rediculous (sp?). Anywho, yesterday I tried SheaMoisture Leave-in Condish for the first time. Didn't want to make any judgements until I got up this morning and looked in the mirror. Almost no shrinkage and I am so in love with this stuff. I am thinking of using it to replace my Cantu ShaeButter leave-in. But the Cantu is good for emergencies as it revitalized me when I had a catastropice incident.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 4th March 2010, 9:34 pm

The Carol's Daughter Tui Smoothie is AMAZING!! I can't even begin to describe how my hair feels. I'll post a complete review when it dries fully. I applied it to wet hair while in the shower (detangled like a dream) and then put on a plastic cap for about 30 mins. If I was wearing a wash and go it wold be great because my coils are so defined.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th March 2010, 10:00 pm

Erica5417 wrote:Had to redo my entire weekend regimen. My hair did not like the KBB at all. I'm not sure what happened but my hair turned into a knotted, dry mess. Scalp was itchy and I'm almost sure irritated (feels like may have sores), may be an allergy but I checked the ingredients beforehand since I have so many allergies. Praying I don't have sores. After I washed it out, applied my Giovanni and CD Phoenix looks and feels better.

TravelJunkie experienced something similar a while back. She found out it's the mango butter which causes allergic reactions in people who are allergic to poison ivy and other plants in that family. This could be the case with you. Hth
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 4th March 2010, 11:19 pm

Thanks J-N-B. That does help. I haven't used mango butter before now ao that may very well be the culprit.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 2:50 pm

Believe it or not ladies, but I tried castor oil for the first time last night. After cowashing and DCing I shingled my hair with Curls' Curl Souffle and sealed with the castor oil. I proceeded to to do a BnC with gray perm rods and bantu knotted the braids last night for protection. I finally removed the knots and braids and my hair is super moist or more on the greasy side. Now I know to use less of this type of oil. My scalp isn't itching either but I prefer TnCs.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by sewiknittoo 5th March 2010, 5:52 pm

My hair had been very dry lately, so after receiving the Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream in a swap I decided to try it after a co-wash applied to my wet hair....once my curlies have fully dried I'll let ya know how it turned out.
sewiknittoo
sewiknittoo

http://alnaturalhair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th March 2010, 11:16 pm

well i received my pooka and kbb order!!

pooka...i didnt even open the box and was gettin high off the aroma. they pkg it w/poppuri (?sp). the nectar will definitely last a loooong time and i sprinkle some in my spritz and look fwd to addin it to my butters. the hair butter isnt the typical butter. its more like an old school grease but better. so i will be using that to grease my scalp!

kbb...today i used the cond poo (chamomile sage...awww fresh n clean scent-my fav); the hair mask (light n creamy) and the deep condish (vanilla latte). i had the BEST wng to date! i even spritz my aloe gro and used eco styler and can still smell the vanilla. i will be using my cocomango milk n butter this wknd!! sorry erica... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 5th March 2010, 11:43 pm

See?! Everybody's hair loves KBB. Phoenix is just too difficult!
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 6 Empty Aloe Gro

Post by TMS 5th March 2010, 11:54 pm

NubieNatty wrote:well i received my pooka and kbb order!!

pooka...i didnt even open the box and was gettin high off the aroma. they pkg it w/poppuri (?sp). the nectar will definitely last a loooong time and i sprinkle some in my spritz and look fwd to addin it to my butters. the hair butter isnt the typical butter. its more like an old school grease but better. so i will be using that to grease my scalp!

kbb...today i used the cond poo (chamomile sage...awww fresh n clean scent-my fav); the hair mask (light n creamy) and the deep condish (vanilla latte). i had the BEST wng to date! i even spritz my aloe gro and used eco styler and can still smell the vanilla. i will be using my cocomango milk n butter this wknd!! sorry erica... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@NubieNatty - do you always put your aloe gro in after your leave-in? i'm waiting for my aloe vera gel to come and want to know how to use my aloe gro the correct way.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 6th March 2010, 12:32 am

Well after reading so much about HE Hello Hydration, I went to Wal-Cult (Wal-Mart) and got a bottle of it for like 5.00, which isn't bad at all. I recently got my hair lifted and have a bright streak of red, orange, and blonde in the front of my hair (it's a peekaboo color thing when i wear my hair straight) ...But anyway, since then I've been a bit more conditioner crazy.

I shampooed with the Carol's Daughter Khoret whatchamacalit Shampoo (since it doesn't have sulfates or stuff like that in it, i had a LOT of build up from wearing my hair in a weave ponytail that weekend for CIAA) and then put in the Hello Hydration and rinsed and detangled. I love the smell of the HE and I loved how it made my hair feel once I rinsed it. I loved it so much that I wanted to add it to my deep conditioning routine.

So, I applied some Giovanni's 50/50 Conditioner, Hello Hydration, Carol's Daughter Koren Ahmet (sorry I butchered that) oil, and some of my FAVORITE Queen Helene's Cholesterol and I baggied it and slept in it overnight.

I woke up and rinsed it out and detangled (which was easier than it usually is) and slapped two big old celie braids in, sealed my ends with some shea butter and olive oil mixture and put my half wig on and I went on about my day. When I got home and took my wig off (lol) and undid my braids my hair was softer than usual, so I love this stuff and will keep using it! Very Happy

oh and i may be a bit of a re-re but what is KBB?
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 6th March 2010, 12:49 am

KBB= Karen's Body Beautiful, a line of natural hair care products.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 6th March 2010, 1:02 am

THANKS =D
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th March 2010, 1:13 am

I got my Pooka Pure and Simple too!!! I order the Hair Nectar. I cant wait to use it. I hope to have the shine/sheen that Sweetdrk1 has. I will report back later.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th March 2010, 12:44 pm

I'm trying that Aussie Moist condish so many of you have raved about this weekend! I'm a sucker for my HE Hello Hydration, so we'll see!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 7th March 2010, 3:08 am

Tried out ORS Replenishing Pak and loved the results, but my hair wasn't quite moisturized. So, I decided to try out my new deep conditioner that I've heard a lot about over on LHCF: Silicon Mix. I knew it had mineral oil and still decided to try it. I am sososo disappointed! I had it on for like two+ hours and when I rinsed it out my hair was barely moisturized [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Good thing it was only five bucks. Now, I have to try to find a new deep conditioner. I'm hesitant to pay 20$ for the CD Tui Hair Smoothie again, even though I loved it. It just seems like a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a hair product.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 7th March 2010, 3:52 am

Over the past week/week and a half, I've tried the following at diff. points:

Apoghee 2-step
-- hair still shedding and breaking, but I used the 'pak' so maybe I just didn't have enough of the product to fully saturate my hair b/c only the top layer felt "hard" when I did the trtmt. Unsure whether I'll buy the bottles and attempt this again with more product, or just invest in Nexxus Emergencee.

Silicon Mix condish/trtmt
--- after hearing about all the raves, like Karyn, I was sorely disappointed. Not sure if it was b/c I used it right after I used the Apoghee, but my hair was wiry and blech. It was NOT soft at all. Maybe this just works best for relaxed heads.

Apoghee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer Leave-In --- as soon as I sprayed it in my hair felt so coarse and wiry - blech! My hair also felt horrible in the morning - it's almost like it blocked my moisturizer from truly working. I had to wash it out. Bought this when I thought I *needed* a special "leave-in".

La Bella Los Caballos Conditioner ---- OMG!!!! Love this!!! I honestly didn't know what the term "slip" meant until today when I did my first real co-wash with this product! WOW! I literally said, ALOUD, (in the shower, by myself, lol), "So *this* is what slip is!!" I almost didn't want to wash it out of my hair, lol!! My hair was sooo soft with it in and after rinsing. And, at approx. $6 for a 32 oz. bottle, it is very affordable.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th March 2010, 4:59 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:Over the past week/week and a half, I've tried the following at diff. points:

Apoghee 2-step
-- hair still shedding and breaking, but I used the 'pak' so maybe I just didn't have enough of the product to fully saturate my hair b/c only the top layer felt "hard" when I did the trtmt. Unsure whether I'll buy the bottles and attempt this again with more product, or just invest in Nexxus Emergencee.

Silicon Mix condish/trtmt
--- after hearing about all the raves, like Karyn, I was sorely disappointed. Not sure if it was b/c I used it right after I used the Apoghee, but my hair was wiry and blech. It was NOT soft at all. Maybe this just works best for relaxed heads.

Apoghee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer Leave-In --- as soon as I sprayed it in my hair felt so coarse and wiry - blech! My hair also felt horrible in the morning - it's almost like it blocked my moisturizer from truly working. I had to wash it out. Bought this when I thought I *needed* a special "leave-in".

La Bella Los Caballos Conditioner ---- OMG!!!! Love this!!! I honestly didn't know what the term "slip" meant until today when I did my first real co-wash with this product! WOW! I literally said, ALOUD, (in the shower, by myself, lol), "So *this* is what slip is!!" I almost didn't want to wash it out of my hair, lol!! My hair was sooo soft with it in and after rinsing. And, at approx. $6 for a 32 oz. bottle, it is very affordable.

"Sounds" like you may be protein sensitive.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 7th March 2010, 8:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

"Sounds" like you may be protein sensitive.

You know ... I wondered about that. But it's a scary thought considering that I still have breakage that needs to be dealt with. I'll need to put protein in to repair it, but, yeah, my hair feels horrendous after a protein trtmt. I think I will try Nexxus Emergencee since I heard it's just as potent as Apoghee ... so that I can say I did all I could to remedy the breakage .... but if my hair acts up again, I'm done with protein trtmts.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyShainee 7th March 2010, 10:20 pm

I'm transitioning, and today was my official product purchase day in which I bought all the conditioners I want to to use for my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So this is what I bought: Suave Naturals "Juicy Green Apple" cond. - for my co-washes, Aussie Moist + honey - for my deep condit., HE Hello Hydration - for leave in condit., and EVOO for sealant. I'm using all of these products for the first time.

Right now, I've just finished shampooing and co-washing my hair. I'm deep conditioning with Aussie + honey for about an hour. I look forward to the results...wish me luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SimplyShainee

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyShainee 11th March 2010, 12:55 am

Rave: Aussie + honey worked really well for my DT the other day.
I also have to give 5 stars to VO5 MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] can we say amazing for a co-wash!! Super silky, creamy smooth, thicker than Suave, and Cheap! (how's .99 cent at the local Dahl's Grocery Store). I'm promoting this cond. to be my first 'staple product for my hair care regimine.

So So: Suave Naturals was alright, but I felt like it was lacking something...I didn't know quite what though, so I went on a hunt to find the VO5 moisturizing conditioner.

Rant: I did an ACV rinse on my hair today right after my co-wash and I'm not sure if I'm really feeling that. As soon as I stepped out of the shower, my hair felt kind of brittle/dry. Here's what I did: Co-washed with VO5 conditioner, detangled with VO5 in hair; ACV rinse (in a spray bottle mixed 1/4 ACV with 3/4 super cold water)...applied HE-HH for a leave in and sealed with EVOO. I think I might have put too much ACV in the bottle perhaps. Or it could have been the type of ACV I used: Heintz ACV (5% acidity). Not quite sure, what's the prob, but it didn't mesh well with the leave-in.

I'm also not sure if I'm really feeling the HE-HH for a leave-in conditioner, both times that I've tried it, it just seemed to be almost too heavy and made my hair feel almost too greasy. The other day I applied it as my leave-in and sealed with EVOO, I styled my hair in Bantu knots and the next morning, my hair turned out pretty soft in most areas. Some areas however, my hair felt hard, almost as if I applied too much cond. in that section (which could have def. been the culprit). Tomorrow morning I'll see how my second set of bantu knots turns out. I'm a little more concerned this time around since the ACV rinse really left my hair brittle and tangled. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But, I won't give up. I shall try, try again if this doesn't work.

SimplyShainee

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 11th March 2010, 1:32 am

Day 3 Twistout results after using Urbantherapy Twisted Sista De-Frizz Shampoo and Condish. Found both products at TJMaxx for 3.99 each.

Also highly recommend MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Shampoo/Condish and Oil Treatment. It's EXPENSIVE, but excellent results.

http://www.moroccanoil.com/en/our-products.html
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next