CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I tried this new product...

+18
Erica5417
MsCurlyBella
curly+kinky+fierce
Cygnet
lexi1
d.denise
NaturalNurse04
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
lilindian
*CurlyNikki*
Lynnieluve
KiNkYnEsT
dajewel
gammainme
veggiegirl314
tiashaunteé
Marche'
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So I tried this new product... Empty So I tried this new product...

Post by Marche' 25th October 2009, 11:31 pm

I dont necessarily consider myself a produt junky, but I do like to try new things every so often.

List the following information on a brand new product that you are trying or have recently purchased:

1. Product name and price.
2. Where you purchased it
3. Why you purchased it.
4. BRIEF review.
5. Will you buy it again?

Ok, so I'll start......
1.Alba coconut milk hair wash (havent used conditioner yet), $6.00 each
2. Hudson's Salvage (its a MS thang)
3. It's organic, was 60% off, and CurlyChronicles of YT mentioned it.
4. Good lather for a sulfate-free shampoo. Smells awesome. Cleaned hair well, but left a semi squeaky and stripped feeling. I will probably only use this shampoo when my hair needs to be clarified (every few wks).
5. Will probably not buy again.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

So I tried this new product... Empty Re: So I tried this new product...

Post by tiashaunteé 25th October 2009, 11:37 pm

The latest and newest product I purchased:

1. 365 Unrefined coconut oil $6.99
2. Whole Foods
3. I kept hearing good things about coconut oil
4. Natural oil, smells great, and proven to penetrate the hair shaft
5. Most Def!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegirl314 25th October 2009, 11:40 pm

1. Product name and price. - Qhemet Heavy Alma & Olive Cream. $16.50 for 8oz

2. Where you purchased it - Qhemet Biologics: http://www.qhemetbiologics.com

3. Why you purchased it. - I needed a good moisturizer to use during colder weather while twisting my hair.

4. BRIEF review. - I LOVE it. It's very lightly scented (sorta lemony), and very thick. A little goes a long way. I use it while twisting my hair, and it moisturizes VERY well. I LOVE it!

5. Will you buy it again? - Definitely. It's expensive, and shipping is SLOOOOOOW, but it's worth it!
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 26th October 2009, 2:44 pm

Sorry i have nothing to add but veggiegirl, do you find it different from shea butter? if so, how so? are you type 4 hair? ive heard a lot of good reviews about this product too...hmmmm
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegirl314 26th October 2009, 5:21 pm

gammainme wrote:Sorry i have nothing to add but veggiegirl, do you find it different from shea butter? if so, how so? are you type 4 hair? ive heard a lot of good reviews about this product too...hmmmm

It's a little different from shea butter in that it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down as much. It also seems to absorb easier into my hair.

That said, I do use it in conjunction with shea butter a lot of the time. Kinda of a double-moisture-whammy, if you will. I don't have a problem using the Qhemet by itself, though; I feel like it does a great job moisturizing all on its own.

I'm not really sure what my hair type is, to be honest. It seems to be 3c in some spots (especially near my crown), but in other patches, it's more 4a/4b.
veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314

http://www.twitter.com/veggiegirl314

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th October 2009, 5:38 pm

oh, gah!!!!! I love this thread!!!!! Thanks, Marche!!!!!!!! Also, thanks for your Alba review because I was thinking about trying it out!

1. Product name and price: Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Calming-Conditioner; $7.99 for 8.5 oz bottle
2. Where you purchased it: Target at Waterford Lakes, Orlando, Florida
3. Why you purchased it: I wanted to start co-washing, and wanted a moisturizing product that was organic .
4. BRIEF review: Its ok for co-washing because of the added moisture and softness was diggable. Adds BETTER moisture and softness when i used it to co-wash, rinsed, put more on and partially rinsed-out). Its been 4 days since co-washing this way, and my hair is still moisturized!!! Adds great slip for detangling due to the BHM!! Not cool with the lack of smell...I am one of those that like intense aroma hair products. I believe essential oil would rectify this. also, i noticed this cond makes my scalp itch.
5. Will you buy it again: Probably. i would use it to co-wash if i have nothing else is available. i more would like it as a leave-in. I can say at this time I can see this product being in general rotation until I find something better.

Last edited by dajewel on 5th November 2009, 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wanted to update on how long my hair is moisturized)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by KiNkYnEsT 26th October 2009, 6:22 pm

1. Product name and price: Giovanni Smooth as Silk; $5.50
2. Where you purchased it: Swap board on Naturally Curly
3. Why you purchased it: I was looking for a really good deep conditioner
4. Brief review: I didn't end up using it as a deep condish but as a leave in. It worked great that way and left my hair smooth and soft.
5. Will you buy it again: Most likely. I need a good leave in and for now its doing the job.
KiNkYnEsT
KiNkYnEsT

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 26th October 2009, 6:38 pm

veggiegirl314 wrote:
gammainme wrote:Sorry i have nothing to add but veggiegirl, do you find it different from shea butter? if so, how so? are you type 4 hair? ive heard a lot of good reviews about this product too...hmmmm

It's a little different from shea butter in that it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down as much. It also seems to absorb easier into my hair.

That said, I do use it in conjunction with shea butter a lot of the time. Kinda of a double-moisture-whammy, if you will. I don't have a problem using the Qhemet by itself, though; I feel like it does a great job moisturizing all on its own.

I'm not really sure what my hair type is, to be honest. It seems to be 3c in some spots (especially near my crown), but in other patches, it's more 4a/4b.

thank you dear:)
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th October 2009, 10:03 am

1. Product name and price: Aussie Moist Conditioner $3-$4 (dont remember

2. Where you purchased it: Kroger

3. Why you purchased it: I heard a lot of great things about it.

4. BRIEF review: It's thick and creamy...nice smell...and I love it. It made my hair so soft. Nikki may kick me off the board but I like it better than HE Hello Hydration.

5. Will you buy it again? Absolutely!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 30th October 2009, 10:50 am

Lynnieluve wrote:1. Product name and price: Aussie Moist Conditioner $3-$4 (dont remember

2. Where you purchased it: Kroger

3. Why you purchased it: I heard a lot of great things about it.

4. BRIEF review: It's thick and creamy...nice smell...and I love it. It made my hair so soft. Nikki may kick me off the board but I like it better than HE Hello Hydration.

5. Will you buy it again? Absolutely!!!!

I love this conditioner, I usually stalk both Kroger and Walgreen's waiting for Aussie to go on sale. I haven't paid the regular price in months.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 30th October 2009, 1:44 pm

I'm loving this post! My PJ is itching Smile
Damn enablers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 30th October 2009, 3:09 pm

dajewel wrote:oh, gah!!!!! I love this thread!!!!! Thanks, Marche!!!!!!!! Also, thanks for your Alba review because I was thinking about trying it out!

1. Product name and price: Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Calming-Conditioner; $7.99 for 8.5 oz bottle
2. Where you purchased it: Target at Waterford Lakes, Orlando, Florida
3. Why you purchased it: I wanted to start co-washing, and wanted a moisturizing product that was organic .
4. BRIEF review: I am really digging the results!! Adds great moisture (i co-washed, rinsed, put more on and partially rinsed-out). Its been 4 days since co-washing and my hair is still moisturized!!! Adds great slip for detangling due to the BHM!! Not cool with the lack of smell...I am one of those that like intense aroma hair products. I believe essential oil would rectify this.
5. Will you buy it again: Probably. As I am new to co-washing, I can say at this time I can see this product being in general rotation until I find something better.

No prob Chica. I finally got around to using the conditioner too.....

1. Alba coconut milk hair conditioner, 6.00
2. Hudson's Salvage
3.Good price, organic, and I have a love affair with conditioners
4. I done fell in love all over again with a new one. It smells yummy. Great slip. Nice and creamy. My hair was well moisturized after rinsing. Just to make sure I liked it, I have used it about 4 times in 2 days.
5. I'm already looking forward to buying another bottle.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by lilindian 30th October 2009, 3:46 pm

I just brought some new products from CozyMoments, the Pink Sugared Pumpkin Cheesecake Deep conditioner and Pink Marshmallow leave in. When i get them i will let yall know what i think ( especially Nik:)..

lilindian

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 30th October 2009, 4:24 pm

keep me posted lilindian! sounds yummy...
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th October 2009, 6:21 pm

1. Product name and price. Olive Oil Hair Mayonaise: Deep Conditioning Treatment by Lustrasilk $3.99 for 12oz

2. Where you purchased it: Sallys

3. Why you purchased it: I spent 40 minutes in Sallys looking for various things I'd read ladies talk about on the site. I got there and couldn't remember all the specifics and the ones I did remember Sallys doesn't carry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I couldn't leave empty handed so I grabbed a deep conditioner. Who doesn't need a DC?

4. BRIEF review: I love it. It smells great and works even better. I used this as a DC after I henna'd. Usually I would've doctored it up with a few things but I wanted to see how it worked on its own and it did great. It left my hair super soft and moisturized and the scent lingered for a day or two.

5. Will you buy it again? Yes ma'am. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th October 2009, 10:58 pm

1. Product name and price...ALBA leave in conditioner, coconut milk extra rich hair conditioner & daily shampoo
2. Where you purchased it....Whole Foods
3. Why you purchased it.... I have PJ bad
4. BRIEF review....the leave in is my fav, it is the only conditioner thus far that minimizes shrinkage. The Coconut milk conditioner gives me the slippage I need and when I am in a rush I will leave this in as styling product. Leaves my hair moist and a nice shine. The Daily Shampoo has nice lather and doesn't strip. Overall I am a big fan!
5. Will you buy it again?
Absolutely!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNurse04 31st October 2009, 12:01 am

Here we go...

1. Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding, $16.50

2. http://www.komazacare.com

3. I purchased it because :?: , ummm because...., oh hell, I just bought it because I'm a product junkie!!! Embarassed

4. It really defined my curls and it gave me great second day hair. My curls were shiny and defined, I liked it alot! The second time I used it I used too much and my hair dried a little crunchy, but I think that was due to my heavy hand. I love it!

5. Definately

Loving this thread!
NaturalNurse04
NaturalNurse04

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st October 2009, 9:58 am

NaturalNurse04 wrote:Here we go...

1. Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding, $16.50

2. http://www.komazacare.com

3. I purchased it because :?: , ummm because...., oh hell, I just bought it because I'm a product junkie!!! Embarassed

4. It really defined my curls and it gave me great second day hair. My curls were shiny and defined, I liked it alot! The second time I used it I used too much and my hair dried a little crunchy, but I think that was due to my heavy hand. I love it!

5. Definately

Loving this thread!

I purchased the sample kit and completely forgot about it until you posted this. I think I tried it one time and I loved the conditioner. Lmaooooooooooooooooooo my mantra is this..I will not purchase another product until everything I have is gone! There I said it...*walking away like I'm bad* hahahahahahahaaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st October 2009, 12:26 pm

has anyone used Aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose conditioner for a co-wash or a DT?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNurse04 31st October 2009, 2:20 pm

@sweetdrk1: Yes this thread is definately contributing to my product junkie-ness!

@dajewel: I have used the ABHR for deep conditioning and for cowashes. When I used it for cowashes I would mix it with a thinner conditioner (like Suave or VO5 because it was so thick and it would take forever to get enough out of the bottle to cover my hair. It worked really well, I just wasn't a fan of the smell
NaturalNurse04
NaturalNurse04

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 31st October 2009, 4:20 pm

@naturalnurse: yes, it takes forever for that stuff to come out!! i am not a big fan honeysuckle, but i can live with it.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 31st October 2009, 4:40 pm

lilindian wrote:I just brought some new products from CozyMoments, the Pink Sugared Pumpkin Cheesecake Deep conditioner and Pink Marshmallow leave in. When i get them i will let yall know what i think ( especially Nik:)..

so not only are you taking a direct jab at my PJism but you're also trying to make me hungry.... man. dont think i can use those lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st October 2009, 9:47 pm

d.denise wrote:
lilindian wrote:I just brought some new products from CozyMoments, the Pink Sugared Pumpkin Cheesecake Deep conditioner and Pink Marshmallow leave in. When i get them i will let yall know what i think ( especially Nik:)..

so not only are you taking a direct jab at my PJism but you're also trying to make me hungry.... man. dont think i can use those lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was just thinking the SAME thing!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by lexi1 31st October 2009, 10:29 pm

I just tried the HE Hydralicious today. OMG, this stuff is the bomb!!!! I think this might replace alot of other products. I'll know for sure after my hair dries [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh I forgot to add:

Price- $3.24
Store-Walmart
Review- very thick and extra creamy, made my hair so soft and silky. I thought it could do a little better at detangling.
Re-purchase- I will know after my hair dries

Last edited by lexi1 on 31st October 2009, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add review)

lexi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 10th November 2009, 3:12 am

This is not something I technically bought, but saw a few YT vids on it and wanted to try it....

1. Homemade whipped shea butter (10.00) concoction with Olive oil (4.00), Coconut oil (10.00), Africa's Best herbal oil (2.00), glycerin (6.00), and Orange EO (6.00)
2. Local BSS (shea butter), Walgreens (glycerin and herbal oil), Walmart (olive oil), Grocery store (coconut oil), Local health food store (orange eo)
3. I was curious. These are items I keep on the regular and already had on hand. I did not purchase them specifically for this mixture.
4. I didn't do any exact measurements, but it was about 70% shea butter, 20% coconut oil and 10% everything else. I melted the shea a little and whipped the mixture for atleast 10 mins on ice then added the eo last. It turned out great for my first time. I applied to damp, cowashed hair and did a chunky twist out using only this. I only needed a small amount for each section and my hair was shiny, moisturized and bouncy.
5. Will definitely try it again and experiment with some other oils.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next