CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 2 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 1:35 am

Erica5417 wrote:*Runs to tell TravelJunkie that Lynnie's still hanging out in this thread*

I'm not doing anything wrong [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm only doing research and uhm.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE? Dont you have a paper you should be working on?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 2 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by Erica5417 25th January 2010, 2:46 am

Oh, yeah...the paper. See, what had happened was...*realizes I"m caught and goes back to research*
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th January 2010, 1:31 pm

I may have to try that Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic! Just realized that the maker's of the product have a salon/boutique here in Houston! I've been in there plenty of times! When I saw the product name, I wondered if it was there's, simply because the name of their salon & boutique is called Uncle Funky's Daughter...LOL, and I went to their website and waaa-laaaaa...it is! I may go in there and see if I can get some samples first...the owner Ray is super cool and would always give me hair product samples (he was the first to tell me about Mixed Chicks when it first came out, and gave me samples, but I never did use them...crazy me!) so Im going to probably peep my head in there this week and try to get some! For all my houston curlies...If you've never been to Uncle Funky's Daughter, their salon/boutique is in Rice Village!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th January 2010, 2:00 pm

i'm itching to try uncle funky's daughter, but i'm going to wait for warmer weather.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracee214 25th January 2010, 3:25 pm

The thing that I've recently purchased and tried out is Giovanni, Direct Leave-In Condish. The smell's great and my hair seems moisturized. The curls don't look any different from when I use my KCKT, my HG. But Giovanni is a bit cheaper to me I think.
Tracee214
Tracee214

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 3:34 pm

I'm trying out some Afroveda products ... jury still out
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 25th January 2010, 9:15 pm

brownsugar09 wrote:I just tried Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream on my two strand twists. It feels really, really moisturized... a little moreso than with the Burdock root. I'll check back in with my final verdict soon!

So, it's the end of the day and I must say that Qhemet's AOHC is a keeper for me. I had fluffly, moist curls all day. You know, the kind of fluffy, big you get in the summer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I will not become a product junkie, I will not become a product junkie. I am done...as soon as a try out Karen's Body Beautiful....LOL!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 10:39 pm

brownsugar09 wrote:
brownsugar09 wrote:I just tried Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream on my two strand twists. It feels really, really moisturized... a little moreso than with the Burdock root. I'll check back in with my final verdict soon!

So, it's the end of the day and I must say that Qhemet's AOHC is a keeper for me. I had fluffly, moist curls all day. You know, the kind of fluffy, big you get in the summer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I will not become a product junkie, I will not become a product junkie. I am done...as soon as a try out Karen's Body Beautiful....LOL!

I love KBB products!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th January 2010, 12:08 am

lmaoooo@ erica still snitchin!

blonde; i have the shikakai oil and ginger and almond butter. the oil is nice n thick and i use it to grease my scalp and let it marinate under a shower cap while im in the shower. the butter is really light and i used it 2 days ago for my coils, there still moisturized.

cocacola...heeey girl. your hair is cute! you need to meet me at oyin, after my stash challenge of course [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lynn, stop mentioning kbb. you know i been stalkin em for the past 2 wks but my wish list is the hair cream, milk and butter! the hardest part is choosing a scent i see! which one is good for what...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 26th January 2010, 1:29 am

Tried Yes to Carrots hair mask today and loved how soft and defined my curls were.

Also tried the GVP version of biolage by Matrix Conditioning Balm and it will be my new co-wash. It gives me more slip and softness than Hello Hydration.It was soooo easy to detangle. Because GVP items were on sale, I grabbed the Sebastian Potion 9 leave-in because it has protein and my hair really thrives when I keep up with my protein. We'll see how this works out.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 26th January 2010, 2:15 am

Sooo.... I really took my time getting to this product, but I tried KCCC/Knot today on myself this weekend for the first time. I bought it for my DD, who likes her hair out and curly occasionally, but I hadn't used it. It wasn't exactly to my liking--the main problem is that down & curly isn't really my hairstyle--if out, I like it big/fluffy, but usually I wear it pinned up.

I had to use a lot of it to get my curls to behave, so it took forever to dry, and my hair felt kinda dried out when I washed it out. I probably won't use it again on myself, but I've been getting nice results with it on my daughter's hair so I'm sure I'll continue to use it for that.

I bought Ion's well-/hard-water shampoo from sally's a little while ago because we have well water and I was wondering whether that might be affecting my hair. I used it a few times in december, but it didn't do anything special that I noticed.

shrug...
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 1st February 2010, 12:26 am

I got my Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. I was not pleased! My hair was immediately tangled and was very dry this morning. My hair seems to be anti- whatever works for the curly masses [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . In all fairness, I am going to try it again at least two more times before I give a final verdict :-).
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by LovingNapps_2 1st February 2010, 1:25 pm

Just got my order of Qhemet's Alma and Olive heavy cream and Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist. Im going to try it out on my two stand twist today! I will ck back with you ladies soon with the results. Wink
LovingNapps_2
LovingNapps_2

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 1st February 2010, 2:31 pm

Nature's Gate Lavender and Aloe Nourishing Shampoo.

We shall see what it do!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 1st February 2010, 3:17 pm

Well, I tried out the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. I've only used it twice so far, and both times as a detangling cream--it has pretty decent slip for that. I haven't used it to co-wash yet (took my braids out Saturday night--new avatar coming soon), but I don't think I will since it left my hair a little dry after rinsing. Maybe I just need to try it again, but all signs point to "detangling only". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 1st February 2010, 3:44 pm

I tried Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter on my twists on Saturday night and it was great! My twists are soft and moist, the butter held them together wonderfully and the smell is clean and fresh! I give it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (3 Very Happy being the best)! So glad I bought two jars of it!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 3rd February 2010, 3:19 pm

Just received my KBB hair milk and hair butter will be washing my hair 2day!!!!!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:16 pm

NewlyNina wrote:Have you tried Darcy's Bontanticals? http://darcysbotanicals.com/
Since I'm still transitioning...ugh! So I tend to experiment on my girls alot, LOL. But I have tried the:
Madagascar Vanillia Styling Creme and I just love, love, love! I used it on my dry braid out very soft results and hold. I also used it to twist my girls hair with great results.
Natural Coils Curling Jelly I used this to sleek my hair back into a bun and you could really tell me new growth from my relaxed hair. It really made my new growth defined. Curls popping! I had to tied my hair down that night. But I love thus far! It has hold to be light weight gel and I have used it on my darling kiddos and it enhanced & defined their curls while giving hold and softness.
The also included a sample of their Peach Kernel Nectar body oil and it smells so divine! Goes on greasy but dries very light which I love. Its a body oil but I used some on my braidout to give it some shine and that it did...all week.
So....back to the drawing board for me!

Hi NewlyNina~

Did you use anything else with the Styling Creme? Just curious if the hold was accomplished with using a little gel?

I have the Natural Coils Curling Jelly ~ think I will try using this with my puff. I so love the smell!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:19 pm

jerseygirl wrote:I have been watching Youtube and there is a new product called "Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic" and they compared it to "Kinky Curly Curling Custard and KC Knots Today". I ordered it and I love it! It is all natural and a all-in-one product, you don't need an extra product for it to work well. Its a few dollars cheaper than KCCC but you save because you don't need an extra product like KC Knots Today. I also ordered Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter and that is great for twist outs and again you only need one product. Check it out!

Hi Jerseygirl~

I've been to Uncle Funky's shop...they are sooo nice. I bought the Curl Magic, but did a product trade. I almost changed my mine, because I think I didn't have success because I didn't know what I was doing. Anyway...I plan to repurchase once I'm done with the Stash you Cash challenge. I just love trying new stuff...I got to get a grip on this!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:20 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I shouldnt be on this thread because I am apart of the No Buy Challenge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (hoping my fellow challengers arent "in" here) and this could be bad influence on me but the last product I tried was BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter. I've only tried it once. I dont like giving reviews after one use but I think I like it. It yield great results. I used it to do my two strand twist. Here are the results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2nd day Twist out

Also my avatar is 2nd day hair using the Curly Butter.

**tiptoeing out of this thread**

Lynn~

You are too funny...you know you are going to run into one of us some where!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 3rd February 2010, 4:21 pm

@KinkyNappyHappy Don't u just loooove Ray??? LOL! He is always so excited for you to buy stuff! I have yet to try the Curl Magic! I said I may stop through there and see if Ray will give me some samples!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:23 pm

blondie wrote:I've been using Uncle Funky's for quite some time...tossed the KCCC. It's the exact same thing but cheaper and you get more.

I ordered the rest of their products except the shampoo. Loving the Good Hair styling cream...

Blondie~

What do you use the cream for? Just curious...I'm going to take a field trip to the shop just to look around!!! I'm a single parent I know how to window shop and not buy.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:29 pm

natural83 wrote:I may have to try that Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic! Just realized that the maker's of the product have a salon/boutique here in Houston! I've been in there plenty of times! When I saw the product name, I wondered if it was there's, simply because the name of their salon & boutique is called Uncle Funky's Daughter...LOL, and I went to their website and waaa-laaaaa...it is! I may go in there and see if I can get some samples first...the owner Ray is super cool and would always give me hair product samples (he was the first to tell me about Mixed Chicks when it first came out, and gave me samples, but I never did use them...crazy me!) so Im going to probably peep my head in there this week and try to get some! For all my houston curlies...If you've never been to Uncle Funky's Daughter, their salon/boutique is in Rice Village!

Hi Natural83~

H-Town has a lot of natural salons I was so surprised. Were you at the Curly Girls meet up in January @ the Cheese Cake Factory? (First Colony Mall) I was there, but I had just joined CN and didn't know a sole.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:36 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:lmaoooo@ erica still snitchin!

blonde; i have the shikakai oil and ginger and almond butter. the oil is nice n thick and i use it to grease my scalp and let it marinate under a shower cap while im in the shower. the butter is really light and i used it 2 days ago for my coils, there still moisturized.

cocacola...heeey girl. your hair is cute! you need to meet me at oyin, after my stash challenge of course [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lynn, stop mentioning kbb. you know i been stalkin em for the past 2 wks but my wish list is the hair cream, milk and butter! the hardest part is choosing a scent i see! which one is good for what...

Nubie~

I have the nectar and the oil in the Coco Lime scent. I sooo love that stuff. However, I don't smell the scent all day like I do the pomade I just got from Oyin.

How far is Oyin from New York? Just curious...going there for my B-Day in June, and I would love to drop in there. hmmmmmm
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:44 pm

I can only say that I'm here just for research purposes only!!

I love Qhemet!!! I've tried the Alma & Olive Heavy Cream; Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm & the Gel and Mist (samples of the last two) The Gel doesn't have a lot of hold, but I think it would well with a w'n'g.....the mist you must dilute 1/2 & 1/2 to get the best results. The AOHC & OHHB are the best product I've tried to date!!! 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Both are keepers and I will place an order with my jars are 1/2 full...it takes a minute to get your product, but well worth the wait.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next