CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 5 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by WilliT0206 26th February 2010, 2:33 am

For all you Kera Care lovers out there they have a new Sulfate free shampoo...I spotted it while I was at Ulta last weekend. I was browsing the isle mumbling to myself how I was not about to pay 18.00$ for Deva Curl Loo Poo. That's when I saw my once beloved Kera Care Sulfate Free Shampoo and only for 9.00$. I know I loved me some Kera Care before I started transitioning, hopefully this is just as good!!!!!!
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 5 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 2:37 am

$18 for devacare???? WTH **scratching OFF wishlist**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 26th February 2010, 2:50 am

@NubieNatty, i heard a lot of good things about kbb, esp. from YouTube pj Richeau, and want to try it soon too....mostly b/c of all the yummy scents they have, lol! so let me kno if you do try it b4 me......an about the kccc, i'm heavy handed too and have a lot of hair. Products seem to run out fast in my possession
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 26th February 2010, 3:01 am

natural83 wrote:@tressedforsuccess Yeah, I think Mahogany Curls uses that too! I was watching one of her YouTube videos and I saw where she was using it! I may give that a try. I always, always see the products when I go in Trade Secret, Ulta, Wal-Mart, etc., and I've always wondered how the products were. And then I read somewhere that it was great for curly hair. Hmmm...I may have to try it out!

You should try it. I always try to buy new hair products from places that will take it back, in case it doesn't work. Ulta has a great return policy and they don't make a big deal about it. If you don't like it, they'll take it back.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 26th February 2010, 9:38 pm

@tressedforsuccess I think Im definitely going to give it a try!!!! Thanks for the heads up on that return policy!

@ALL I was in The Vitamin Shoppe today and saw some shampoo bars from Dr. Bronners. I've heard people talk about them, but I didn't get one because there were like 3 or 4, and I wasn't sure which one to get! Has anyone tried them before? If so, how did you like it because I may go back and get it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 10:56 pm

i just placed my order for some kbb, so ill let you know next week naturalkitty!! i know im gonna wanna use everything at one time cuz i get so anxious, lol.

@ natural; im not really press on the dr. bronner bars, i prefer the liquid soap. i use that castile soap for EVERYTHING!!! it cleaned my toilets without havin to scrub, lol. im sure they all work the same but just dont use too much cuz it'll get too squeaky clean!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 12:47 am

NubieNatty,

What did you order for KBB?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 27th February 2010, 6:50 pm

So I washed my hair last night, and used the Garnier Fructis Sleek-N-Shine for my Leave-in, and WOW....love it!!!! I took my twists down today and my hair was super soft and fluffy! I figured I would like it because Garnier products always do well on my hair, and plus many of you talked about how great it is as a leave-in, so I knew I had to try it! Its definitely a winner...will definitely be alternating DevaCare and the Sleek-N-Shine for leave-ins!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 27th February 2010, 8:01 pm

I tried KBB milk and butter (coco mango). The milk smells like coconut (no mango scent at all) and the butter smells like cocomango. I'm not sure if the milk I got was typical but it does nothing for Phoenix. I think it's just too light for all this thickness we got going on.

I also tried TIGI Curls rock conditioner because my hair was just so frizzy and Giovanni wasn't fixing it. The Curls Rock worked pretty well and even though I thought I put a ton in my hair, I didn't actually use very much at all. The slip was great for my detangling. Of course, the ingredients are as good as Giovanni so the Curls Rock will only be used when I'm fighting extreme frizz like last time.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 8:11 pm

Erica, it sound like you needed the hair cream instead of the hair milk. The hair cream is a whipped consistency. It's thicker than the hair milk and thinner than the hair butter.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th February 2010, 11:06 pm

I have Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll in my hair now. I will edit once my hair has finished air drying. This is my second rod set using the purple rollers. I am hoping for a bit more hold.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 27th February 2010, 11:45 pm

I have been using ayurvedic powders on my hair for about four weeks. Friday night was the fourth time i used it and the best experience ever!! First of all I did a avocado pre-poo, slept on it and mixed my powders in the morning. I washed my hair with the powders and did a quick condition and rinse out with V05. my hair was so soft and my curls were so bouncy. Over the past couple of weeks I have also noticed that my hair is growing in thicker and stronger. I can not get enough of this stuff! For more details about what i did, you can check out my blog Back 2 Nature
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th February 2010, 12:00 am

oooooh lynnie, when i ordered my kbb i showed OFF!! i made it rain on em, lol. i had the cond poo on my list anywayz so i was glad to see it was FREE!!! i ordered everything on my wish list: hair milk, cream, butter, shower gel n lotion (cuz shea butter is too heavy in the summer), deep conditioner, cond poo, and the hair mask. i swear it took me like an hour to hit submit cuz i couldnt decide what scents i wanted but i settled with-cocomango, chami sage, lavendar vanilla, pomergrate guava and vanilla latte

vanilla is my staple scent as well as lavendar. this summer mango will be my staple scent!! im sooooo ready for wash n go days, omg!! i also ordered pooka's hair pkg and took advantage of their $3 shipping cost **looking at erica** cuz shippin is normally dmn near $10 EEEEEK!! so i got the hair nectar n butter

now i have to rebuild my hair stash for April when i get some Oyin **scratchin** [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th February 2010, 12:10 am

I ordered the Body butter and hair nectar from Pooka. I also ordered the butter trio from butters-n-bars. I am down to my last 4 oz container of shea butter so it was time for that. I am waiting until April or May to order Oyin.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th February 2010, 12:38 am

yea i gave away my mango n shea butters so i gotta re-up wit b-n-b myself AND get up the nerve to ATTEMPT some henna this spring. im so scared, the whole process seems so intimidating on top of me being lazy!! yea im waiting on my pooka too!!

the crazy thing is...i shop more for hair products than i do my own wardrobe. i figure i have shoes i bought last year n before that i havent warn plus im mainly at work so much that i invest more into my hair!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 28th February 2010, 12:48 am

Harpo...who did "Pooka?" What product line is this?
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th February 2010, 12:48 am

Oh yeah, I forgot, I ordered cassia from butters n bars too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th February 2010, 12:49 am

www.pookapureandsimple.com

Sweetdrk1 got us hip to Pooka!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 28th February 2010, 2:32 am

I tried out the Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Curl Reactivator cream today.

I had to wash my hair a couple of hours afterward.

It didn't moisturize my hair at all. I do have between an inch to two inches of hair, so of course I didn't go all nilly willy with it. But, with the three quarter sized amounts that I used, it should have been enough. But this product didn't do anything at all. In fact, I think it dried my hair out, and my scalp was so ITCHY. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Like, SKIN CRAWLING itchy: I was all in the mirror checking for critters it was so bad. So, I had to wash it out (I used my castile soap mix) and start over.

I gave it a shot, even though I felt the ingredients were suspect. It might even work for someone else. But honestly, I wouldn't recommend ANY product that made me itch the way it did. The only thing good about it is the scent. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 28th February 2010, 8:33 pm

I'm trying the oyin handmade sample kit,and I LOVE IT!!!!! everything smells really good and it makes my growing fro very soft. I can't stop touching my hair and smelling my hands LOL. When I wake up in the morning I spray some Greg Juice on my hair to wake up my flat fro. some people don't like the smell of Greg Juice but I love it. I can't wait to make another order.
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 8:50 pm

KBB - Hair Milk and Butter. I Cocolime scent and I like it so far. I will you know for sure when I take down my twists.

I want to order the hair mask and cream on my next order.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 8:51 pm

NubieNatty wrote:yea i gave away my mango n shea butters so i gotta re-up wit b-n-b myself AND get up the nerve to ATTEMPT some henna this spring. im so scared, the whole process seems so intimidating on top of me being lazy!! yea im waiting on my pooka too!!

the crazy thing is...i shop more for hair products than i do my own wardrobe. i figure i have shoes i bought last year n before that i havent warn plus im mainly at work so much that i invest more into my hair!!

This is me all the way and I need to stop shopping for hair products. I need to get my wardrobe in check for the spring/summer months. But I love to buy products.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 9:03 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:www.pookapureandsimple.com

Sweetdrk1 got us hip to Pooka!!!

Love this stuff! Thanks Lynn!

I re-twisted my hair last night with Butter n bars pineapple mango shea butter. The twist still feel moist. I didn't take it down today. I will do tmrw and let you all know.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 28th February 2010, 9:46 pm

Had to redo my entire weekend regimen. My hair did not like the KBB at all. I'm not sure what happened but my hair turned into a knotted, dry mess. Scalp was itchy and I'm almost sure irritated (feels like may have sores), may be an allergy but I checked the ingredients beforehand since I have so many allergies. Praying I don't have sores. After I washed it out, applied my Giovanni and CD Phoenix looks and feels better.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 9:55 pm

oooo I hope no sores too!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next