CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 3 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by natural83 3rd February 2010, 4:50 pm

@KinkyNappyHappy No I wasn't able to make the January meet-up because I already had plans! Im going to try to make the next one! Yeah, there are quite a few natural hair care salons here! I just hate to try a lot of them because I hate to pay someone to do something and then get disappointed! That's why I'd rather have someone recommend me! LOL! I do my hair myself anyway, but I would like to know of somewhere I can go in the case that I may want a special do, that I know I cant pull of myself! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 3 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by natural83 7th February 2010, 6:54 pm

natural83 wrote:So last week I just had the urge to try something new, as I'm sure we all are guilty of getting those "urges"! LOL! Because it was late when I got this sudden urge, I went online and started browsing, anxious to order something new! (I know...im horrible!) Anyhoo, I ended up ordering the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner and Im super excited because it came today! YAYYYY! Im really anxious to try it out because I've heard its great! I'll have to let you guys know when I try it out...unfortunately I just did my hair last night, so it may be a few more days before I give it a try. But who knows with me! LOL!

So what new products are you guys trying out for the first time? Let's dish...cuz I may be ordering that too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !

UPDATE: So I finally used the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner. I did my hair on Friday night, but only did a wash-n-go with the leave in. Went to sleep in twists that same night, and untwisted the next day. My hair turned out really good! I think im going to like this product, although i must say my wash-n-go with Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding makes my curls way more defined than Mixed Chicks. So I'll definitely be revisiting this product to see if it will manage to be my #1 styler for Wash-n-go's. I may try it out as my leave-in for the twist-n-curl and see how that works out. Today is my second day sporting the wash-n-go, and of course I like it even better! This conditioner also has great slip!

I also tried out another new product that I havent used before...Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo. I saw a lot of you guys talking about it on here, so while I was in the Vitamin Shoppe last week, I gave in and purchased it! Only because it was sooooo time for a really good shampoo! I must say, I looooved the way it made my scalp tingle. I got out of the shower with a super clean feeling, however my hair felt sort of like a "hay stack". Not terribly, but it was a little harder than I wanted it to feel after a wash. (Has anyone else experienced this???) After my wash, I did a deep condition with Aubrey Organics-HSR, then proceeded to use the Mixed Chicks leave-in. That's one reason why I may try Mixed-Chicks again, just after a co-wash, because Im not sure if the shampoo had any effects on the outcome not being at its full potential! Oh yeah, I guess I should add castor oil to this list as well! I tried it out for the first time and Im in looove with it so far! Will be using this now on a weekly basis!

So overall, if I had to grade the Mixed Chicks Leave-In, I would give it a "B" (for now) and the Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo a "B-", only because of the "hay-stack" feeling afterwards, because my scalp looooves this stuff! Castor Oil gets an "A"...it does a great job of keeping my hair moisturized!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 7th February 2010, 9:56 pm

I've recently tried afroveda shea amla and totally twisted almond butter for my twists. My hair was soooo soft. Today I received my order of oyin honey hemp conditioner. It's not my wash day so I made my grandmother let me wash her hair (it was time, lol). Wow, the comb just glided through her hair. Now, I'm waiting on my qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream and the burdock root cream to come in the mail.
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by misha 8th February 2010, 12:47 am

I tried coconut oil for the first time and I like it. I have my hair braided in flat twists and when the back is dry, I put some oil on it and it's immediately soft. A day later, it's still soft.
misha
misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 1:24 am

I used KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask today. I slapped it on, put on a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for about 40 minutes. OoooooWeee! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My hair was so soft it was almost scary. I have to try it again before I give my final verdict but on the first go round, I give it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 stars!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 8th February 2010, 2:01 am

Lynnie! You are sooooo wrong for that. You KNOW I can't buy any KBB and you're TORTURING me!!!!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th February 2010, 9:43 am

Divinebeauty87 wrote:I've recently tried afroveda shea amla and totally twisted almond butter for my twists. My hair was soooo soft. Today I received my order of oyin honey hemp conditioner. It's not my wash day so I made my grandmother let me wash her hair (it was time, lol). Wow, the comb just glided through her hair. Now, I'm waiting on my qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream and the burdock root cream to come in the mail.

Not sure what look or feel you are going far, but I love Qhemet's products. I like trying other products, but so far Qhemet is the best. My hair just loves it...and my curls are so define with this product.

I'm really feeling Oyin Handmade as well....the pomade and hemp conditioner play real well with Qhemet. I love the way the pomade smells..a sugar cookie.

Can't wait to see what you think of Qhemet!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th February 2010, 9:46 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I used KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask today. I slapped it on, put on a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for about 40 minutes. OoooooWeee! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My hair was so soft it was almost scary. I have to try it again before I give my final verdict but on the first go round, I give it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] out of 5 stars!!!

Lynn

I like KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask as well. The last time I DC I added some EVCO and it really enhanced the overall results. Trying Qhemet's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee...read it can be used as a DC as well. Will see which one I like the best.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th February 2010, 2:11 pm

thank you erica...cuz i swear THE DEVIL IS A LIE!! Lynn know dmn well she putting a steak on a rope in front of a pitbull [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@natural; yes i actually love my gio tea tree poo and i know that "haystack" feel, lol. i got it cuz i used too much!

my hair is dying for THE WORKS right about now since i been held hostage at work since last fri...so im gonna officially try some ecostyler for my wash n go!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 8th February 2010, 2:17 pm

@NubieNatty Maybe I used too much of it too! LOL! Like I said, my scalp loved it, but the strands...not so much! LOL! Maybe next time I won't wash so much! For my next shampoo, I think Im going to try the shampoo bars instead. A lot of people highly recommend those. Just one additional thing I gotta order...HA!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 3:31 pm

natural83 wrote:@NubieNatty Maybe I used too much of it too! LOL! Like I said, my scalp loved it, but the strands...not so much! LOL! Maybe next time I won't wash so much! For my next shampoo, I think Im going to try the shampoo bars instead. A lot of people highly recommend those. Just one additional thing I gotta order...HA!

I have the Juicy Shampoo Bar from KBB that I havent tried yet. Since I only shampoo once a month, I have to wait until March.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 9th February 2010, 6:48 pm

I'm not sure when I'm going to post the actual review on the blog, but I had to go ahead and post about it...

Tried Blended Cutie the other day......LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

We used Silky Swirls Shampoo, Tug Me Not Conditioner, and Down & Out Styles.

The down & out styles defined her curls like no other, frizz free, the best part, she got day 2 hair!!!! (I'm sure she could have gotten day 3 hair as well) I'll post the link whenever I post the review because I took plenty of pics. AND I let her wear her hair down (well a little of the top section was up in a bow) to school the next day, I didn't even have to touch up her hair....it was great!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 9th February 2010, 9:23 pm

Here are the results from KBB after using it for the first time. I used the Hair Milk and Hair Butter in coco lime.....mmmmmmm[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th February 2010, 9:51 pm

I know I've said this before but I love the hair butter!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th February 2010, 3:38 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
natural83 wrote:I may have to try that Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic! Just realized that the maker's of the product have a salon/boutique here in Houston! I've been in there plenty of times! When I saw the product name, I wondered if it was there's, simply because the name of their salon & boutique is called Uncle Funky's Daughter...LOL, and I went to their website and waaa-laaaaa...it is! I may go in there and see if I can get some samples first...the owner Ray is super cool and would always give me hair product samples (he was the first to tell me about Mixed Chicks when it first came out, and gave me samples, but I never did use them...crazy me!) so Im going to probably peep my head in there this week and try to get some! For all my houston curlies...If you've never been to Uncle Funky's Daughter, their salon/boutique is in Rice Village!

Hi Natural83~

H-Town has a lot of natural salons I was so surprised. Were you at the Curly Girls meet up in January @ the Cheese Cake Factory? (First Colony Mall) I was there, but I had just joined CN and didn't know a sole.

You were there??? How come I didn't see you?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th February 2010, 12:48 am

I tried the DPR11 don't like it! Granted I left the heating cap on longer than the suggested 25min but that should not have given me the results I got which was dry knotted hair! My leave in is Cantu Shea Butter even after applying extra the results were not good but in fairness I'll try this again leave it in for the suggested 25min and make my final decision on it.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th February 2010, 1:20 pm

naturalhonney wrote:Here are the results from KBB after using it for the first time. I used the Hair Milk and Hair Butter in coco lime.....mmmmmmm[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love your results!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th February 2010, 1:24 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
natural83 wrote:I may have to try that Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic! Just realized that the maker's of the product have a salon/boutique here in Houston! I've been in there plenty of times! When I saw the product name, I wondered if it was there's, simply because the name of their salon & boutique is called Uncle Funky's Daughter...LOL, and I went to their website and waaa-laaaaa...it is! I may go in there and see if I can get some samples first...the owner Ray is super cool and would always give me hair product samples (he was the first to tell me about Mixed Chicks when it first came out, and gave me samples, but I never did use them...crazy me!) so Im going to probably peep my head in there this week and try to get some! For all my houston curlies...If you've never been to Uncle Funky's Daughter, their salon/boutique is in Rice Village!

Hi Natural83~

H-Town has a lot of natural salons I was so surprised. Were you at the Curly Girls meet up in January @ the Cheese Cake Factory? (First Colony Mall) I was there, but I had just joined CN and didn't know a sole.

You were there??? How come I didn't see you?

You were there too??? I didn't know a soul, but I did meet a nice lady name Rhonda!!! I didn't take the group picture, but I'll post the picture I took at the table tomorrow. I have pictures on my computer at work and home...gotta got those pictures together in one file!!

I had a nice time, but I think it would have been easier to mix with each other if we were in a room by ourselves...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th February 2010, 3:16 pm

@ KinkyNappyHappy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th February 2010, 3:22 pm

naturalhonney wrote:Here are the results from KBB after using it for the first time. I used the Hair Milk and Hair Butter in coco lime.....mmmmmmm[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

those twist are the truth!!! one day I am going to get those results!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th February 2010, 5:49 pm

Thank you swtdrk1 now if I can get them to grow the length of my locs when I had them I'lll be alright!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th February 2010, 6:45 pm

yeah natural u can definitely see the shine n defined look from your kbb! so tempting... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 15th February 2010, 8:09 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
blondie wrote:I've been using Uncle Funky's for quite some time...tossed the KCCC. It's the exact same thing but cheaper and you get more.

I ordered the rest of their products except the shampoo. Loving the Good Hair styling cream...

Blondie~

What do you use the cream for? Just curious...I'm going to take a field trip to the shop just to look around!!! I'm a single parent I know how to window shop and not buy.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry so latel...I just use it for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. day hair. I spray aloe vera juice, Curls Quenched Curls, MHC Natural Humectancts, Oyin Juice & Berries, or one of the umpteen spritzes that I have, rub some between my hands, slap on head and go!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th February 2010, 10:48 pm

@NubieNatty don't do it stay away from the KBB! Gotta finish ur challenge![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th February 2010, 2:43 pm

tonight I will be trying Jessicurl weekly deep conditioning after I wash my hair. has anyone else tried it?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next