CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What new product are u trying out for the first time?

+50
oooop2
SimplyShainee
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
marbar1908
TMS
sewiknittoo
HAMPTONSFNST
NhappyJackie
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Islander3906
Tiffy2
ChrsLvsBks
WilliT0206
naturalkitty'10
Karyn
kinksncurls
splitsun
HisBeauty
yaya
NaturallyJazzy
poeticlyspkng
Juices-n-Berries
NikG20
misha
Divinebeauty87
KinkyNappyHappy
naturalhonney
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
PaganWifey
LovingNapps_2
PyreFli42
tressedforsuccess
BlondeByDesire
Tracee214
CocaColaCutie
brownsugar09
blondie
Swiss Miss24
Apearl
lena73
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
jerseygirl
NewlyNina
natural83
54 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 4 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th February 2010, 11:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
natural83 wrote:I may have to try that Uncle Funky's Daughter Curl Magic! Just realized that the maker's of the product have a salon/boutique here in Houston! I've been in there plenty of times! When I saw the product name, I wondered if it was there's, simply because the name of their salon & boutique is called Uncle Funky's Daughter...LOL, and I went to their website and waaa-laaaaa...it is! I may go in there and see if I can get some samples first...the owner Ray is super cool and would always give me hair product samples (he was the first to tell me about Mixed Chicks when it first came out, and gave me samples, but I never did use them...crazy me!) so Im going to probably peep my head in there this week and try to get some! For all my houston curlies...If you've never been to Uncle Funky's Daughter, their salon/boutique is in Rice Village!

Hi Natural83~

H-Town has a lot of natural salons I was so surprised. Were you at the Curly Girls meet up in January @ the Cheese Cake Factory? (First Colony Mall) I was there, but I had just joined CN and didn't know a sole.

You were there??? How come I didn't see you?

You were there too??? I didn't know a soul, but I did meet a nice lady name Rhonda!!! I didn't take the group picture, but I'll post the picture I took at the table tomorrow. I have pictures on my computer at work and home...gotta got those pictures together in one file!!

I had a nice time, but I think it would have been easier to mix with each other if we were in a room by ourselves...

I'm in many of the pics that got posted on CN. I agree that it would have been much better with a private room. We'll have to do it again.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

What new product are u trying out for the first time? - Page 4 Empty Re: What new product are u trying out for the first time?

Post by NaturallyJazzy 17th February 2010, 11:28 am

I'm going to be trying out Carol's Daughter. I'm new to this stuff but I can't wait to see how it works out.
Wow There are alot Of Prdoucts in here that I've never heard of. (:

Last edited by NaturallyJazzy on 25th February 2010, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
NaturallyJazzy
NaturallyJazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya 17th February 2010, 11:39 am

I purchased some Carols Daughter hair milk last weekend and will try it this weekend on my wash and go. My problem is I put so much product in my hair that I tend to get fab hair (not to brag I just LUVS my hair) and dont know how in the world I got is. Is hairmilk ok to just use by itself or should I toss on some leave in conditioner and olive oil (my oil of choice) with it?
yaya
yaya

http://www.chroniclesofcarolee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 17th February 2010, 11:43 am

I use hair milk as leave in conditioner.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 17th February 2010, 12:07 pm

@ Yaya CD'S hair milk is very light I have 4b hair and I know for a fact it wouldn't do much for my wash n go. I use it on styled hair to make my curls come alive in the morning it works like a light moisturizer. When I do twist outs I use it in combination with the CD'S Hair Honey or butter something that has some weight to it. I also use it on wet hair for twist outs. In my avatar I tried KBB for the first time and like the results as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 17th February 2010, 12:12 pm

naturalhonney wrote:Here are the results from KBB after using it for the first time. I used the Hair Milk and Hair Butter in coco lime.....mmmmmmm[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm about to order some KBB Hair Milk and Butter. How did you apply the butter? Did you apply in each section of the twist? Did you use anything else on top of it?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 17th February 2010, 12:27 pm

On the jar of the KBB Hair Butter it says works better on dry hair I used it the first time as in the above photos on wet hair in combination with the KBB Hair Milk not a problem the second time I tried it on wet hair and didn't like it for some reason so I stopped using it and picked up my CD'S Hair Honey and used that with the KBB Hair Milk. Maybe it was just me so I will try the KKB combo again to see what happens. But I can't say I don't like CD'S Hair Milk regardless of what others have said my hair seems to like it I'm just mad about the price but a little does go a long way.

@ BlondBydesire I always use Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Condish. I didn't use it like one time but went back to it.

HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by naturalhonney on 17th February 2010, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error(I hate those) lol)
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 17th February 2010, 2:51 pm

Hey ladies! Since I was trapped in the house for 10 days I wasn't able to get to the post office. I'm happy to report I finally picked up the Mop Top products I won from this site.

There was a leave-in, a deep conditioner, and a gel. I figured I would try one at a time to see how they really work. I started with the leave-in. First, let me say it smells great. It's a citrus (and I think lavender) scent. It stays with you all day. People were asking me what type of perfume I was wearing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I'm a scent girl, if it doesn't smell good I'm not putting it in my hair.

I used it for a braid out. Worked quite well. It is pretty thick, so I only used about a nickel sized amount for each of my four braids. The outcome was great. Very defined, very soft, very pretty. The only other product I used was coconut oil on my ends so I could really see if this stuff worked.

If it helps, I think my hair is in the 3C category (I really don't know, lol). I plan to try the deep conditioner this weekend. I'll try to remember to report back. I'll try to post pics when I get home.
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 22nd February 2010, 2:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
NewlyNina wrote:Have you tried Darcy's Bontanticals? http://darcysbotanicals.com/
Since I'm still transitioning...ugh! So I tend to experiment on my girls alot, LOL. But I have tried the:
Madagascar Vanillia Styling Creme and I just love, love, love! I used it on my dry braid out very soft results and hold. I also used it to twist my girls hair with great results.
Natural Coils Curling Jelly I used this to sleek my hair back into a bun and you could really tell me new growth from my relaxed hair. It really made my new growth defined. Curls popping! I had to tied my hair down that night. But I love thus far! It has hold to be light weight gel and I have used it on my darling kiddos and it enhanced & defined their curls while giving hold and softness.
The also included a sample of their Peach Kernel Nectar body oil and it smells so divine! Goes on greasy but dries very light which I love. Its a body oil but I used some on my braidout to give it some shine and that it did...all week.
So....back to the drawing board for me!

Hi NewlyNina~

Did you use anything else with the Styling Creme? Just curious if the hold was accomplished with using a little gel?

I have the Natural Coils Curling Jelly ~ think I will try using this with my puff. I so love the smell!!

Sorry so late in responding...but with the creme on my hair I used cantu leave in conditioning creame (I was relaxed at that time) but when used on my girls (all natural) I only used conditioner and water and that's it...lasted 2 weeks!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 23rd February 2010, 12:07 pm

This weekend I tried Hair Rules shampoo and conditioner (thanks to the awesome ladies from the NYC CurlyNikki meetup for the products).

My results? well I can't really say if it worked well. I'm too obsessed with my HE Hello Hydration to stop using it. So i used the Hair Rules no sud shampoo and my scalp felt good (no real difference between this and my other shampoos, the ingredients are supposed to be a bit 'better' i think). I conditioned along with a ginseng & tea tree hot oil mixture I found at my local beauty store. After wards, I added HE HH to my hair and styled it.

Since i put HE HH in regardless, I really don't know what effect the Hair Rules had on my hair. I will be co-washing my hair this weekend and will try it again (sans HE HH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and report back.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd February 2010, 3:23 pm

I think when I do my hair this weekend, Im going to try the Garnier Fructis Sleek-n-Shine for my leave-in. My hair usually does great with the Garnier products and I've heard that the sleek-n-shine is fab, so I guess I will see how that works for my hair!

Gosh, there are so many products that I want to try though! Like I seriously want to order the Kinky Curly Custard and a few others. Reading this thread just keeps me wanting to try new things!

Does anyone use any of the Bed Head products??? For some reason, I wanna give that a try! Every time I go down the aisles at a store, it seems to be calling my name!!!! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd February 2010, 4:12 pm

I used KBB Luscious Hair Mask for the second time and I think it is a keeper!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 4:28 pm

Let's see, I have quite a few products in my supply I want to try. I have KBB Milk and Butter, Afroveda Gelly, Cocoalatte and Hemp Seed, I have the Curls line - steps 1-4, Qhemet Heavy Creme and Hydrating Balm. Since I'm fully natural now, I don't know what to do. Also I want to try a wash-n-go with Eco Style Gel (clear).

I'm waiting to buy Donna Marie MiraCurl Gelly - it's out of stock until 3/5.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 23rd February 2010, 5:33 pm

I tried afroveda shea alma, and I really like it (despite the scent) which I'm not a big fan of. I've only tried it once so the jury is still out.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 23rd February 2010, 9:13 pm

I recently purchased BlackOnyx's (yes, from youtube) products. I got the raw african black soap, a moisturizing hair perfume (vanilla), and some hair growth oil. I received them yesterday and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love the way the hair perfume smells (and the fact that it does moisturize!) and the black soap is fantastic on my face. I used the hair growth oil on my scalp and it's alright. It's stopped my itching scalp a bit, so even if it doesn't make my hair grow, I'm using it for that.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 25th February 2010, 1:07 pm

Ok, I tried Hair Rules conditioner again. I only put the conditioner in and allowed my hair to air dry and it looks great! I love this for a wash and go. Leaves my hair curly and smells good.

Price wise, too expensive for my pockets so I won't be buying it but I'll enjoy the little bit I have left Very Happy
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th February 2010, 1:48 pm

I got some Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier - I'm gonna try on my hair tonight esp. my ends and see how it feels in the a.m.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th February 2010, 1:48 pm

Karyn wrote:I recently purchased BlackOnyx's (yes, from youtube) products. I got the raw african black soap, a moisturizing hair perfume (vanilla), and some hair growth oil. I received them yesterday and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love the way the hair perfume smells (and the fact that it does moisturize!) and the black soap is fantastic on my face. I used the hair growth oil on my scalp and it's alright. It's stopped my itching scalp a bit, so even if it doesn't make my hair grow, I'm using it for that.

I was curious about these products - so you didn't get yogurt shea butter stuff?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 25th February 2010, 8:00 pm

natural83 wrote:I think when I do my hair this weekend, Im going to try the Garnier Fructis Sleek-n-Shine for my leave-in. My hair usually does great with the Garnier products and I've heard that the sleek-n-shine is fab, so I guess I will see how that works for my hair!

Gosh, there are so many products that I want to try though! Like I seriously want to order the Kinky Curly Custard and a few others. Reading this thread just keeps me wanting to try new things!

Does anyone use any of the Bed Head products??? For some reason, I wanna give that a try! Every time I go down the aisles at a store, it seems to be calling my name!!!! LOL!

I just tried Moisture Maniac for the first time this week and I really liked it. It made my hair soft and shiny.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 25th February 2010, 9:46 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:
Karyn wrote:I recently purchased BlackOnyx's (yes, from youtube) products. I got the raw african black soap, a moisturizing hair perfume (vanilla), and some hair growth oil. I received them yesterday and [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love the way the hair perfume smells (and the fact that it does moisturize!) and the black soap is fantastic on my face. I used the hair growth oil on my scalp and it's alright. It's stopped my itching scalp a bit, so even if it doesn't make my hair grow, I'm using it for that.

I was curious about these products - so you didn't get yogurt shea butter stuff?

Nope, I was thinking about it though. I already have my shea butter and didn't want to spend too much money on my order, just in case. I probably won't end up getting it though; I'm trying to smart-spend; I'm still using my Christmas money haha. But yeah, if you are thinking about buying from her, I definitely recommend it. Shipping was really fast and the products are good imo.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th February 2010, 11:35 pm

@tressedforsuccess Yeah, I think Mahogany Curls uses that too! I was watching one of her YouTube videos and I saw where she was using it! I may give that a try. I always, always see the products when I go in Trade Secret, Ulta, Wal-Mart, etc., and I've always wondered how the products were. And then I read somewhere that it was great for curly hair. Hmmm...I may have to try it out!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 25th February 2010, 11:38 pm

I bought a slew of MHC and Knot today...heading for the shower!

AND bought a couple more Denmans (don't judge me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) gpnna try those too!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th February 2010, 11:53 pm

@blondie I really need to get a Denman brush! Dang it, just something else to add to the list! LOL! Why did I start this freakin thread??? LOLOL!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 26th February 2010, 12:54 am

I started using Oyin Handmade GJ a month ago and absolutely loved it, so i ordered the Honey Hemp Conditioner and it is great! I leave it in and put it on my hair every couple of days just to refresh it.
I have a lot of great conditioning products now and am really looking for a good styling product.
@blondie, i was just thinkin about ordering some KCCC and KCKT because of it being BEst of the Best on Naturally Curly........BUT, after reading about how complicated it can be to use and considering the price, i'm having serious second thoughts. I have seen some great reviews on YouTube on UFD and after reading everyone's reviews on NC, I'm thinkin UFD would be a better purchase.

Last edited by naturalkitty'10 on 26th February 2010, 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 2:31 am

i will soon be tryin out kbb!! then i'll be back on my stash challenge til April or May-ish and get some Oyin.

@ naturalkitty; i feel you on the prices for kinky curly. i have too many gels right now and cant fathom payin $20 for some kccc and im really heavy handed so im down to a half bottle of kckt, i wont be buying more anytime soon unless i have NOTHING else to choose from, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next