CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 4th August 2010, 1:39 pm

Happy Wednesday!

Gotta make this quick i have a few meeting i have to attend today. But I am on day 4 with my curlformers. I was gonna redo them last night but i figured let's see how long i can stretch them. so I two strand flat twsited 3 twist in the front and put 3 curlformers on there and put the rest up in a pony. So to let you ladies know they work well from twist n curls as well. And a lil eyeshadow to boot. this is the look:

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Comic-p
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th August 2010, 2:11 pm

Hey NP! Thanks for sharing your curlformer experiences and even the laughs from your sleepy photos! awwwwww. her was so sleepy! Language intended... Smile
Great results though. I'm avoiding that purchase like the plague. Too costly but ummm... might be changing my mind!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th August 2010, 3:34 pm

i'm glad you had a favorable (minus the ends not fitting) experience with the curlformers. i loved them when i first used them too...no heat whooot whoot! you're making me think about revisiting. hmmmmmmm....
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th August 2010, 2:09 pm

Hey NP!

Dang...you got a lot of hair there! LMAO

OK...curlformers seem to be the business! But, I'll have to take out a loan or something! Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Icon_biggrin

I like the blue eye shadow...it looks good on you! I have to go into that forum for tips...because if I did that I know I'd look like a C-L-O-W-N! ;-) SMH
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th August 2010, 2:37 pm

Great set with the curlformers. I didn't have such good luck when I used them. Now what did your Mom have to say? I am sorry that the haters are on the home team, that really sucks. Your hair is always beautiful!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th August 2010, 3:25 pm

Ryl Girl I've been saving and eating cup o noodles for lunch to save up for my curlformers since April. I seriously sacraficed for these. But they are worth it, especially if you want a different look for a few days. When my mom saw my hair she asked if I straightened my roots and i told her nope it is all a wet set. She rolled her eyes and said whatever! And asked if she could use my curlformers to set her wig! umph just typical. gotta love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Monday Ladies!

So this weekend I washed the beloved curlformers set out and I thought it would be a detangling mess, but to my surprise it was quite easy (because each section was already detangled prior to putting the curlformers on) compared to detangling after wearing a twistout for a few days. So this Saturday I detangled with V05 Moisture Milks, Shampoo'd with Mixed Chicks and conditioned with YES to Cucumbers after applying the YES to Cucumber I twisted y hair in 4 sections and threw a plastic cap on my hair to DC for a few hours. So that I can reset my hair with the curlformers but this time after the DC my hair was damp and soft as silk thanks to YTC I applied EVcoconut oil to my hair applied the Curlformers with the Elasta QP styling foam and after I was done I sat under my dryer for 15 minutes then went to bed. This time I used all of the curlformers and did smaller sections and I bought a starter pack of 6 of the Extra Long and Wide Curlformers I placed those in the back. Guess what! They fit! So I am not sure if I will work on a layway plan for purchasing one starter kit a month ($12.99) only time will tell especially if I cut my hair in December 10 inches eventually my hair will grow again. So here are pics of me DC with my curly hat on and with the outcome of my current curlformer set. Loving these things right here. I wish I had a video camera I would create a tutorial. But until then enjoy the pics. And hubby is loving these curls Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Herz I wore my hair similar to this when we got married 6 years ago (I was about a year and and a half into transitioning at the time) so any natural brides/bridesmaids/flower girls out there this is good for your wedding day.

Me DC with my curly hat (LOL) underneath is YTC and a plastic cap.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlyd10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlyd11

Next morning take down:
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo21

Off to church!
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo22

After church
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo23

Next day going to work(today):
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo24

gonna pull them apart tomorrow to get a fuller look let's cross our fingers hope I get a curly fro look. Have a great day Curlies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th August 2010, 3:54 pm

Hey i saw your avi and came a runnin. Those look so good on you!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th August 2010, 3:56 pm

No...Mom's didn't give the "Whatever", then ask to use them!!!! Like you said...gotta love her! LOL

NP...your hair is looking good! I can't wait to see the fluffy look! ;-)

OK...I'll have to give up something and put that money in a jar...I want some Curlformers!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 10th August 2010, 4:29 am

I saw your avi and had to come over!! Your hair looks great!! I watched a tutorial on the Curlformers and have wanted some ever since, but I'll definitely have to save up for them like you. Can't wait to see the pics after you separate the curls!!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 8:13 am

That is such a cute style!!! I'm going to have to try those when my hair is long enough of course!!

That is a cute wedding hair style! Hmmm..... giving a girl ideas!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th August 2010, 9:55 am

you are working those Curlformers! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 10th August 2010, 12:01 pm

Whoa, that is perfect! You got a perfect set!! You go lady!!

Your avi is stunning!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th August 2010, 1:20 pm

Hey Ladies Happy Tuesday!!!

I am on day 3 of my Curlformers Set. My Curls are so soft and and have plenty of bounce and spring. So this morning I took off my satin bonnet and honestly I could have worn them again like I did yestrerday but I was eager to see what they would look like it i just seperated each curl in half. So I put some polisher/gloss by Elements like 3 drops in my hand and distributed to the curls in the front and the back and ran my hair through them. Then I took my finger and seperated from root to tip slowly to prevent any snag. My Results A fuller set of curls! I love them I put anf head band on that ties in the back and went. Tomorrow I may try a curly fro hawk let's cross our fingers that i can achieve that look i've been dying to acheive.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo26

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo27
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 12th August 2010, 5:25 pm

Happy Thursday!

Tried the notorious curly fro hawk (AGAIN!) and could not get my curls to stay secure on the sides. i put combo of bobby pins and combs in and even that ratched banana clip (which boke and i only put half of my hair in it). Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Icon_evil I know i said in the past that I broke up with the banana clip and plastic combs, but they were flirting with me again and i just had to try it again. I just ended up getting my heart broke. DUMB Banaclip, Comb, Bobby Pins! (In Homer Simpson voice) so shrinkage has set in on day 5 curlformer curls. so i have my hair flat rolled on each side toward the back with the bottom half hanging down. I will be washing them out tomorrow possibly twisting n curling(w/curlformers). Looks like the ONLY way i will be sporting my hawk is with 3 ponytail in the middle or by flat twisting in toward the mohawk style.

So here is my curlformers experience in a nutshell (styles)
Day 1
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo30
Day 2
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo31
Day 3 and 4(seperated the curls the formed smaller ringlets)
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Curlfo32
Day 5 Today look - time to wash them out
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Halfup10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Turqoi10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Turqoi11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 5:33 pm

Your hair is still cute! And I'm loving the blue eyeshadow... you know I could not come in here and comment on the shadow
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th August 2010, 5:39 pm

pretty! you had a good run with the curlformers!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th August 2010, 5:41 pm

Wow NP! Your hair on curlformers = the bomb!!! Love it! Your hair looks awesome in all the pics! Are you saying you're going to cut 10 inches??
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 12th August 2010, 6:06 pm

Yeah if my hair hits my buttocks by the end of the year unstretched right now it is about 4 inches past BSL. I will donate my 10 inches to locks of love.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 18th August 2010, 4:53 pm

Happy Wednesday!

I've been a lil busy this week crocheting some hats for my daughter for the up coming cool weather. My mom just showed me how a few weeks ago. Hopefully i can figure out a beret my big ol hair can fit under. So any off you crafty ladies out there any suggestions would help I have a huge head under all this hair 22 inches and that is all skull affraid .

My hair is in a high bun and has been like this for the past few days. Hubby asked are you gonna do those curls again? He loves the curlformers look, he always said he was a sucker for curls. I love you So I will be doing them again except i want to try and flat twist a portion of my hair like half of it. I need to look for some inspiration/styles, suggestions ae welcome.

Here's what I've created so far these are both my first time creations:
Knitted hat with a crocheted flower
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Yellow10

Crocheted cloche/flapper hat with and with out a flower
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Greycr10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Greycr11
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 8 Greycr12
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th August 2010, 6:15 pm

very very nice!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th August 2010, 6:18 pm

You did an awesome job for a first timer!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th August 2010, 6:21 pm

Hey NP!

Good job on the crocheting! I knew how a loooooong time ago...perhaps I should get back into it.

Yeah, I'm thinking about some curlformers, too...I need a new look! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th August 2010, 7:59 pm

Those hats are lovely! I've always wanted to learn to crochet and I've been thinking about taking a beginner's class at a local craft store. How long did it take you to learn?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th August 2010, 10:00 pm

Those hats are cute!! I'm working on one but I didn't like the way it turned out.....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 19th August 2010, 8:39 am

Love that hats. You look like you have been crocheting and knitting for years.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next