CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 22nd June 2010, 9:34 pm

I don't have any family in San Diego. That I know of.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 9:36 pm

Oh, ok Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_smile

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd June 2010, 1:49 pm

Hey Ladies Happy Wednesday!

Me and hubby been kid free since Sunday! But I got scoop up mini me today. I miss her but it is soooo good to have alone time with my honey. So this is today's look still rocking my up do but added a animal print headwrap (which really just some binding fabric I got from Joann's) and did a twistout bang that I fluffed with a pick for volume. twist in the back of my hair are twisted around each other and pinned down. (i hope the makes sense). I also was try to coordinate my eyeshadow with my headwrap colors.

Gotta work on that on top behind the head shot.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Mirror10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Navyde11

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Twisto19

Have a lovely day curlies!!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 23rd June 2010, 8:20 pm

love it. You have another fan!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd June 2010, 10:07 pm

You did a good job!!! I may have to give it a try.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th June 2010, 12:43 pm

Pretty!

Have a fabulous weekend!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th June 2010, 4:07 pm

Thanks CHRS!! Have wonderful weekend as well!

Yay it's friday!

I am kinda happy this week is over i have 2 baby showers to go to this weekend and i need to restyle mini-me 2 strand mini twists. Maybe medium sized box braids. Here is a pic of her rocking her afro puffs...RAGE rock on with you bad self. to inspire you ladies working on those 4th of july afros. shoot i am really try to encourage my self to wear a fro.
note: mini me was a bald baby she maybe had an inch of hair 2 years ago.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Afropu10
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th June 2010, 4:52 pm

topic change
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th June 2010, 4:57 pm

Hi npmoore

mini you is correct!!! she is too cute!! You've done a great job with taking care of her hair. My play niece wears a lace wig... Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes can you believe it? It looks a hot mess. I wish her mother would listen to me, but oh well!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th June 2010, 11:42 am

She is adorable!!!

BTW, I can;t believe your mom is talking to you about a perm after 9 years. Wow!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 12:49 pm

Happy Tuesday Ladies!!!

Been away for a lil bit because one of my friends passed away Sunday from Breast Cancer. It is dfficult to lose a good friend that always has an encouraging word for you when you see them no matter what they are going through. She was definately a person that was on fire for God and always shared her testimony. This is the second friend I've lost to breast cancer that is my age and she was also a single mother so I really am sad for her child as well. But I am happy she is no longer in pain. I never question what God does so I figure she completed her assignment here on earth and God called her home.

Hair News:
I am on day 10 of the flat twist updo and I was going to take it out yesterday but just was in the mood, i will try today and try to get inspired to do another protective style.

Have a wonderful day! And if you haven't told a good friend you appreciate them and love them tell them today!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 6:20 pm

Here is pics of my hair today. Day 10 of my flat twist updo with a goody headwrap from the Dollar Tree and a flower clip from walmart. I am taking it down tonight just a lil frizzy.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Flattw10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Flattw11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th June 2010, 6:43 pm

My condolences for your friend. Love the headband with the flower.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 7:45 pm

Thank you Krazy! I love how accessories can give an old style life.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th June 2010, 7:48 pm

I also created a video of the different styles I've done over the past 6 months not using heat.

My Hair Journey this year so far. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 29th June 2010, 10:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's an awful thing. I plan on donating to a charity this year and I think this might be one of them.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st July 2010, 2:16 pm

Happy Thursday!

Well I finally took my twist updo down and I must say I hardly had any shedding and detangling was very easy. I also did ACV rinse before I shampoo'd and condish my hair. Um I think i need to re-try it, because i could hardly keep it in my hair for 1 it was 11:30 at night and @ it stank to high heaven. I could keep it in long enough and i tried lossen up the build up but my hair felt clean afterwards but i was more focused on going to sleep then my results. SO I detangled with HE Hello Hydration and twisted my hair in 4 large twists and threw a plastic bage on my head and threw on my satin bonnet. So this morning my hair was really soft from the hello hydration and EVCO I really didn't have time to get deep into a style so i relied of my trusty low bun today so my hair can air dry and i can attempt some twist and possibly work out a fro on 4th of July.

twist take out
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Twistt10

bun
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Bun10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Bun210
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st July 2010, 4:22 pm

Love all the pictures! My fave is the twist take down--green, white and black.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 2nd July 2010, 12:07 am

I like the low bun!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 2nd July 2010, 1:55 pm

Happy Friday!!

I honestly believe that accessories can spruce up any hairstyle. Still rocking my low bun as my hair air dries take a couple of days. But today threw on a decorative pony tail holder. What a differencs a dollar makes (bought it at dollar tree).

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Bun_lo10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Bun_lo11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd July 2010, 8:20 pm

ok so i had to stop what i was doing after i read ur a seamstress Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_eek sooooo u made ur own convertible dress huh? Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Suspect

OPEN UP SHOP!!! cuz ur right to charge $200 anything for dresses is ridiculous. my grandma gave me some old patterns from the 70's and i've had em for a good 7 yrs. its vintage and i loooove how it would come out...if only i could sew Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th July 2010, 2:08 pm

Girl that is something I've been working on. As soon as I get the documents in order i will let you know. Cause i usually just make me and mini me stuff but so many friends and family have been inquiring about my stuff I am shocked. I just took it up as a hobby because I have a aunt the I grew up watch sewing and making her own clothes because she was so tall and thin.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th July 2010, 2:53 pm

Happy Tuesday Ladies!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend! Unfortunately I didn't do the fro because I was working on my current look.

The twist n curl look that was posted on the front page of CN last week. Since I started this no heat process this year, I've seen numerous youtubers use Cantu Shea Butter Leave In on their twist styles. I've eye balled this product out at the local BSS for like $9 and I curbed my PJism because i wanted be done with my mixed chicks leave in before buying something else. But while I was in L.A. for the 4th of July I stopped by Target looking for maybe some Miss Jessies or Curls or just to say i've seen the product in person... Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_eek But thank goodnees there was none in the store, but what i do miss about living in Los Skanless is that they have a "Ethnic Section" that is an entire aisle of hair products for my hair type. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_biggrin In the lovely Orange County area all we have is a shelf. Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Icon_evil So I have plenty of frustration when I go looking to restock my products. but i know that Target and other store cater to the Masses in that area and not the Minority which in my area its Asian. Their hair is bone straight I rarely see a curly head. SO I usually I have to travel to a neighboring city of Long Beach or 50 miles away to Los Angeles.>>>done ranting

I picked up the Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. And twisted my hair with it on dry hair for the first time. And all i can say is I LOOOOOOOVE IT! It smells oh so lovely! I applied it from root to tip just like she did in the video and my twist have never looked juicy and doing them on dry hair they have more length. so day one I wore my twist down and last night I curled my twist with no added product with perm rods just to see what would happen. And these are my results>>>

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Flattw14

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Flattw12

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 5 Flattw13
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 6th July 2010, 3:40 pm

This is so pretty! You did a great job! I so want to try this when my hair longer!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 6th July 2010, 3:46 pm

Thanks CG! I love your scarf just picked up some earring with the same colors scheme from forever 21. can't wait to wear them! I wish i could have joined the fro crew, my hair justs flops all over the place when i comb it out.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next