CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

+45
cyclingchick
ktoliver5303
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
Intelligentbeauty
Neems
Notthecoolmom
DvaAuNaturel
naturallynola
kinksncurls
BajanPrincess82
MomnWife
thetiffany
Juices-n-Berries
nattyblog
WhosThatRedHead
CocoEuro
tiashaunteƩ
Keisha
LaToya28
AfrikanLatina
priceless
CrissyQ
Karyn
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
TheBigBoyAssGayBoyg
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
naturalchic
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
TurquoizBlue
jlowman1
bholmes87
poeticlyspkng
Lynnieluve
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
Nikcoils
49 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th August 2010, 1:02 pm

Great hats! I'm looking for some tams for the winter. I like to wear and leave them on all day. I need to learn how but I have no patience!

And I think that is awesome that you would donate to locks of love. And so will the recipient.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Empty Re: Nikcoils - Shingling- Do you have any Tips?

Post by Nikcoils 20th August 2010, 1:59 pm

My mom show me how to do both knit (at age 10) and crotchet (a month ago) iasked her to show me the basic, how to chain, single crochet and double crochet. And you tube showed me the rest. how to crochet in a circle, make a flapper hat, make a variety of flowers, I made some earrings, and i am currently making a beret and eventually a rasta hat which is just a larger beret. Cause you know I have a Huge Head and Huge Hair.. lol!

here are the earrings i made my inlaws cracked jokes and askes were they for lil kids cause they are only 4cm wide. Sad I don't wear doorknocker earrings shoot i stick to studs.:
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Goldea10

Hair wise still rocking a high bun. hopefuly i get to twist and curl my hair this weekend. oh yeah i order my extra long and wide curlformers kit yeaterday they were 15% off (56 bucks) they were cheaper than the ones i bought at Sallys. why does that always happen?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 20th August 2010, 3:42 pm

I think they look good! You learned how to crochet?! I can only single or double sometimes...and only squares. You got to show me your stuff!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 23rd August 2010, 7:05 pm

Happy Monday Curlies!

I am waiting for my extra long curlformers to come in the mail, and the 98 degree weather to go away. When we return to 80 degree weather the curlformer style will return. As my hubby said my hair will go POUF! If I attempted that style in this weather. So I am twisted and pinned up. Not really feeling my twist that are sorta thin. I am actually anxious about cutting and coloring. which is why i got this bored feeling looming. I think I will take them out tomorrow for a twist out and see if i get that fullness I desire.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Redora12
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 7:16 pm

You look good!! The style in your pics looks so professional!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 11:15 pm

Hey NP!

Where did you order the curlformers from?
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th August 2010, 12:33 pm

their website www.curlformers.com the sale is there
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 25th August 2010, 1:25 pm

SO to get out of my rut I put my twist in my beloved curlformers. it took me all of twenty minutes to do. I just ran some coconut oil through my hair and put a curlformer on about 3 twist at a time. went to sleep took them out and walah!

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Tnccur10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Tnccur11

Had to throw my eyeshadow look in here i call it i got the pinkeye! lol!
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Pinkey10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Pinkey11

In crochet news. I finished my beret for my daughter pics later and now working on a baseball style hat in all pink for my mini me she loves accessories.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th August 2010, 1:51 pm

Hey NP!

Love your hair and The Pinkeye! :-)

I'm ordering the curlformers as we speak! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th August 2010, 1:31 pm

Happy Monday Curlistas!

I've been rocking a twistout for the past week. And I am loving the results and the technique I used is from MopTopMaven. I don't know why I never stumbled across her blog before. But hair is simple and awesome and the initial twist were done with cantu shea butter leave in and coconut oil. When I twist out I put a lil bit of cocunut oil in the morning in my hands and just run each twist through my hand then untwist carefully and then seperate each twist into an 2-3 more sections. At night i twist my hair in 9 medium sized twist go to sleep with a satin bonnet on and them wake and untwist with the coconut oil and seperate and fluff (for volume) I am starting to like this big hair!

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Twisto15

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Twisto16

Now my 10 year old niece and her 8 year old sister just got their permed ends cut off in July. Yesterday me and their mom took out there braids and washed and conditioned and attempted to style their hair. The 8 year old she is like a 4a/b LOVES the natural look with twists and twist outs and throwing on headbands with her twist. So whatever style I do she is very pleased so I 2 strand flat the sides and did individual twist in the middle and front so she could have a curly bang and frohawk look (with a twistout).
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Karfir10

Now the ten year old is not liking her natural puffs she has a more 4c/z catorgory. Her hair is beautiful and thick add enough moisture to it and it is soft to the touch. She doesn't see it like that she was almost in tears cause we could put all of her hair in one puff. She said she wanted a headband across the front and her mom parted way too much hair in the front. Long story short she didn't like the outcome for the first day of school and said she was embarassed to look like that and was gonna get made fun of. Her mom told me all of the girls at her school had this long silky hair. Which for the 5th grade I find it hard to believe that there is not at least 1 other child without a perm or hard press and curl. she asked if i could press her hair and then put it in a pony. her mom promised she will make an appointment for to get her hair straightend and ends trimmed. Mind you hair stretched is almost shoulder length but shrinkage is a evil beast. I understand peer pressure is hard on girls that are natural.

She was not feeling the 2 strand twisted headband across the front with 2 puffs in the back even though she requested the style.
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Daijaf10

Ladies can you point in the direction of some 4c/z ladies or even kids with a variety of styles to try and inspire her?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th August 2010, 2:16 pm

You've been real busy over here young lady!!! I know I've been MIA so it is taking me a minute to get caught up on CN.

I love your curlformers style, but I'm still confused as to how did the curlformers and they wore your too CUTE hats on top!! (did I miss a step?) The curly hat is a very nice look on you!! I like the way it frames your face...too cute. Okay let me continue before I lose focus!! LOL

I love the grey hat...now THAT is jazzy, and you are just learning? You've got some skills!!

I'm sorry that your niece in doesn't like her hair. She looks just like you...do you think the curlformers will work with her hair? Just curious... Peer presures is something else.

Well...I'm going to come back so I can re-read how and what you used (products) with the curlforms. I think I have enough length to try the small size. I've been checking them at Sally's for about 4 months now!! However, I'm going to check out that link you provided, because they are a bit pricy!!!

I'll try not to stay way too long...

Have a great week!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 30th August 2010, 4:28 pm

They're cute! I have 4z hair but mine is short so I can't offer any advice on styles.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd September 2010, 2:17 pm

Happy Friday Curlies!!

Still rocking my twistout it is just fuller and larger and I'm loving it, because i always try and go with volume with my twist outs on day one, but it takes a few days to achieve this look. I just went to sleep with 6 twist in my head threw on my bonnet and woke up and fluffed and went. I pulled a section out to make a swoop bang and threw my head wrap on but you can hardly see it due to the thickness named Sheba. She is definately thicker than a Snicker.

Weekend hair plans: Wash and condition and apply my extra long and wide Curlformers, since this Cali weather has returned to the mid 70's. This time i might comb them out after I take the Curlformers out to see what type of look i get. I am imagining big ol Diana Ross hair. UMMM this should be interesting.

TODAY'S LOOK!
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Twisto10

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Twisto11
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 4th September 2010, 12:04 am

I usually hat natural bangs (usually just looks like too much puffy hair on the forehead), but yours looks cute! I'm sooo gonna steal that side swoop bang idea for my next twist out.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th September 2010, 2:20 pm

Happy Monday Curlies!

This is my peak season at work! Called Open Enrollment! I may be on hiatus for a couple of weeks. So the hair is being manipulated at a minimum so I've been rocking double buns since Friday. Or the Princess Leia buns. I want to redo my Curlformers but i need to bo that on a weekend or a friday. maybe i will bo it this friday since we have a Married COuples Fellowship this weekend with my church that includes dinner.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Bun91110
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Redora12
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Redora13
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 Redora14

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th September 2010, 10:43 am

Hey NP, just catching up on threads today. I love the twist out you got from MTM. I love her site and visit it daily. I am going to try her methods soon. She talks about everything and is my kind of girl- always out and about and having fun. Back to your hair- man I don't know if my hair will ever be that long but a girl can hope!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 22nd September 2010, 7:06 pm

Hi! I was browsing through your journal, you do great styles by the way with twists I'm going to have to try some of those! I was wondering if you still use the cantu shea butter leave in and whether you still like it? I see it all the time at my local target, and give it the side eye because its not all natural. But as my hair gets longer I contemplate trying more in-store products.

So do you still like the cantu and does its still work for you?
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd September 2010, 9:07 pm

Just stopped to say hi!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th September 2010, 12:34 pm

kinksncurls wrote:Hi! I was browsing through your journal, you do great styles by the way with twists I'm going to have to try some of those! I was wondering if you still use the cantu shea butter leave in and whether you still like it? I see it all the time at my local target, and give it the side eye because its not all natural. But as my hair gets longer I contemplate trying more in-store products.

Yes I do still use it and I love it! I actually use it after I've washed and conditioned my hair and I am about to put twist in my hair. I ususally apply EVCO on my damp hair and then use the cantu shea butter leave in as I twist. I've had no issue with white clumps as I heard some people have experienced. And my hair is soft after it dries. I would recommend it.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th September 2010, 12:34 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Just stopped to say hi!

HEY SWEET!!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th September 2010, 12:51 pm

Happy Friday!!!

LAWD have mercy I've been busy at work and at home with my daughter returning to school. That I haven't had time to style my hair how i would love to since we are having this lovely weather in Cali. SO I have been rocking everything from single buns, double buns (princess leia style), low double buns are close together to look like one large bun, my current style two braids pinned cris crossed in the back. I am ready to let my hair out! Why is it when you seem to put your hair up every seems to be rocking it out? scratch

Hopefully I get to put my curlformers in this weekend I miss seeing my curls. I have been thinking about straightening my hair to give myself a much needed trim (last trim was in March) and if I straighten it that is so anti curlformer...ugh decisions decisions.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 2braid10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 2braid11

Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th September 2010, 1:06 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Happy Friday!!!

LAWD have mercy I've been busy at work and at home with my daughter returning to school. That I haven't had time to style my hair how i would love to since we are having this lovely weather in Cali. SO I have been rocking everything from single buns, double buns (princess leia style), low double buns are close together to look like one large bun, my current style two braids pinned cris crossed in the back. I am ready to let my hair out! Why is it when you seem to put your hair up every seems to be rocking it out? scratch

Hopefully I get to put my curlformers in this weekend I miss seeing my curls. I have been thinking about straightening my hair to give myself a much needed trim (last trim was in March) and if I straighten it that is so anti curlformer...ugh decisions decisions.

Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 2braid10
Nikcoils -  Shingling- Do you have any Tips? - Page 9 2braid11

Look at that braid, I like how it is twisted in the back. real cute I love you
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th September 2010, 3:57 pm

Hey NP!

I like your braided/twisted 'do...looks good...as always! Very Happy

OK...I'mma have to try the cantu leave-in. It's always sold out in my Target...folks are all over the cantu products in the Wood! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 24th September 2010, 4:17 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
kinksncurls wrote:Hi! I was browsing through your journal, you do great styles by the way with twists I'm going to have to try some of those! I was wondering if you still use the cantu shea butter leave in and whether you still like it? I see it all the time at my local target, and give it the side eye because its not all natural. But as my hair gets longer I contemplate trying more in-store products.

Yes I do still use it and I love it! I actually use it after I've washed and conditioned my hair and I am about to put twist in my hair. I ususally apply EVCO on my damp hair and then use the cantu shea butter leave in as I twist. I've had no issue with white clumps as I heard some people have experienced. And my hair is soft after it dries. I would recommend it.

Thanks I'll give it a try then Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 24th September 2010, 9:18 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey NP!

I like your braided/twisted 'do...looks good...as always! Very Happy

OK...I'mma have to try the cantu leave-in. It's always sold out in my Target...folks are all over the cantu products in the Wood! LOL

I can't even find it out in the OC, I got it from the Target on Rodeo Rd and LaCienega in L.A. and bought the last one.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next