CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Ashima 28th May 2010, 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yeah Curly Chef Robin some of us may have to BC sooner or @least get a lot of that relaxed hair cut off. I noticed in the shower yesterday I lost a lot of relaxed hair. I believe that is to be expected as you go longer and longer without a relaxer. I guess that was the reason to get one every 6 to 8 weeks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by loswife 28th May 2010, 12:28 pm

Thanks MaNesha for the welcome and the advice!

I definitely don't want to reverse the gains I've made so far. My hubby is still trying to embrace the idea since it's the first time I've really seemed serious about the natural journey. His sister just did the BC about two weeks ago and she's been very encouraging to me. I'll try the braid out after next week's wash. I'll let you know how it turns out.

loswife

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 28th May 2010, 12:42 pm

You know, I guess my prob is I don't know anyone I trust enough to even do the BC when I decide to get it. I think about that all the time.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I certainly don't want to attempt to do it myself. However, I don't want to go to someone who will have be walkin out lookin like who did it. Not to be...whatever word you wanna put in there....but, black hair stylists have a known habit of turning you around in that chair and not letting you see what they are doing. I don't have time for that. If I'm about to let you cut me practically bald, I need you to walk me through what you are doing, talk to me, let me talk to you, say wait a minute, or whatever. And I only want my permed hair cut off, don't go into my natural talkin about "shapin' it up"...as far as I'm concerned if I walk outta there with an abstract fro [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , it'll be me and my abstract until I feel I want the "shapping" done. Otherwise, it's wash and go, twist whatever.

It's all about planning ahead ladies!!!! Anyone else thinking about who will perform their BC?

-MaNesha

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 28th May 2010, 5:53 pm

I hear you on that MaNesha! I thank God that I have a stylist that is into health and preserving length. She lets you know everything she is doing.

You know Ladies, I am getting so excited! I cowashed yesterday and my new growth is so beautiful in all its wavy glory. Why have we been a slave to the creamy crack for so long??? WHY???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 28th May 2010, 6:35 pm

@ Curlienurse - I feel the same way!!! I have the cutest little coils and I am loving my natural hair so much that I want to just chop it off. Especially since it's summer. I'm thinking now may be the best time. I can swim all summer with no hair worries! Yeah!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 28th May 2010, 6:45 pm

Ahh Swimming! That would be nice!!!!

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty hey guys!

Post by c0urtn3ylove 29th May 2010, 8:31 pm

My last relaxer was around March 13, 2010. I made the decision to transition about two weeks ago. Right now I have tried bantu knot outs, braid outs, and flexi rod sets. I personally like flexi rod sets since I love big curls. This site has been really helpful and inspirational.
c0urtn3ylove
c0urtn3ylove

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 29th May 2010, 9:04 pm

Welcome c0urtn3ylove. I love flexi rod sets too!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 30th May 2010, 12:36 pm

ladies..i recently read somewhere that shea butter is not good for moisturizing but its good for sealing...if that is true..what should i use as a moisturizer after i put in the leave in condition in my hair?
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 30th May 2010, 1:00 pm

overactiveimagination, I just bought Hawaiian Silky to use as a leave in. It makes my hair really easy to comb through.I've heard mixed reviews about the product. I've only used it once though. Will see how it does in my hair next time I use it.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 30th May 2010, 2:35 pm

i have been using aphogee as a leave in and my hair is not liking it at all so i think i may switch and go get the giovanni direct leave in! but what about a moisturizer after you put in your leave in? that is my true question. I apologize if i didn't make that clearer the first time! but thanks JossBella let me know what you use as a moisturizer. my whole plan today was to start using this shea butter mixture i was planning on using...i mixed sheabutter and every essential oil you can even think of! lol
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Preciousp 30th May 2010, 6:31 pm

Hi Ladies,
Just joined today and i had my last relaxer April 3. I wish I didn't do after it was too late but whats done is done. I am now committed to going natural. So wish me luck
Preciousp
Preciousp

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 31st May 2010, 1:16 am

Good luck Preciousp! You can do it! @ Overactiveimagination - Doesn't Aphogee have protein in it? I thought protein was not supposed to be left as a leave-in as it dries the hair. Am I wrong?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 3 Empty 2 Months Post Relaxer Woohoo!

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 31st May 2010, 11:26 pm

Today I tried a 2nd attempt at a twist out (the 1st time was unsuccessful), and did a small chop - cut of about 1-1.5 inches of hair and all the hair at the nape of my neck (and a small portion that I could cover up hehe)

The twist out turned out great. Products I used:

Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Shampoo/Conditioner
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (Leave In)
Mizani ThermaSmooth Smooth Guard Serum
Coconut Oil
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (to hold the twists)

I'm a huge fan of the Aubrey organics products, that is definitely staying in my hair rotation for now!

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Last edited by NaturallyEverAfter on 31st May 2010, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 31st May 2010, 11:28 pm

I'm going to try my first Bantu Knot-out this week. Looking forward to it!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 31st May 2010, 11:29 pm

Anyone know how to post pictures? I can't seem to figure it out. :-(
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 31st May 2010, 11:31 pm

ApHogee does have a leave-in conditioner, it's a liquid substance - I'm not a big fan of it though - the shampoo is okay, but I saw that it has sulfates in it so I'm using that sparingly until it is gone lol
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 31st May 2010, 11:34 pm

Hi CurlyChefRobin, it's really kind of weird how youhave to post these pics. Anyway, run your cursor over the icons until you see the one that says "Host an image" click on that - you may have to register first.

Once you are registered, you would browse to get your picture, and 3 different types of links will pop up URL, Image, and something else.....

Copy the link on the 2nd row (I think it is just image)...

Go to the icons at the top of your message again to the 2nd one and click on it. Paste your link in the box and hit okay.

It's hard to explain without showing you, hope this helps!
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 31st May 2010, 11:39 pm

Hi Preciousp,

I just tried that Giovanni Direct Leave in and the Deep Moisture conditioner, I wasn't too impressed with that one. It may be because I didn't use the entire product line (shampoo). Just like with Aubrey Organics the shampoo and conditioner go hand in hand to get that silky effect. I would like to hear your thoughts on it when you try it!
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by Preciousp 31st May 2010, 11:55 pm

NaturallyEverAfter your twist out look great. I'm going to give them a try this weekwend. Did you do them on wet or dry hair?
Preciousp
Preciousp

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyEverAfter 1st June 2010, 12:01 am

Thanks Preciousp! The first time I did it I tried it on wet hair and let it airdry over night - it was a MESS!!!!!

This time, I blow dried on warm heat w/ comb attachment (applied Mizani Thermasmooth Smoothguard first, then Carol's Daughter Tui oil to finish).

Using a spray bottle, put one squirt in my hand and dampened a section of hair, and rubbed a little Carol's Daught Healthy Hair butter - twist, and secure with bobby pins or perm rods. I was watching the Real Housewives of NJ so I was done by the time the show was over, and let it dry (didn't take very long to dry). When separating the twists, I put a little bit of coconut oil on my fingers and ran it down the twist first and then as I untwisted smooth down the strands. Voila!
NaturallyEverAfter
NaturallyEverAfter

Back to top Go down

Post by Preciousp 1st June 2010, 7:13 am

I've heard a lot of good things about Carol's Daughter products. I'm going to give them a try.
Preciousp
Preciousp

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySha 1st June 2010, 12:59 pm

Today marks 2 months since I had my last perm. It's been okay, the back of my hair is breaking but since my hair is so thick and full anyway it doesnt show. I hate it, I almost cried while in
Target looking for Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. I just learned how to do my hair after getting a rihanna cut about a year ago, my hair grows extremely fast as a year later it is already down to my shoulders again; this excites me because I can only imagine how fast it'll grow once I'm fully natural. Only problem is, I don't know how to do my hair natural, and I know we are supposed to experiment with different products to find what works best, but I'm a college student and I can't waste money like that for products that just didn't work, my mother won't be down for that at all. Any tips for a girl with a budget? Haha. Is there anything I can use now while transitioning that is a guaranteed work? Shea Butter mixes, olive oils, etc. I still have yet to try any of the transitioning styles but I gotta try so I'm off to buy my first set of flexi rods today! Wish me luck!
CurlySha
CurlySha

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 1st June 2010, 5:47 pm

Hey CurlySha ...I think you need to start buying products for your hair as if your hair is already in its natural state. you probably have a lot of new growth or enough. I try to see what my new growth likes from each product i use, But recently i made a shea butter mix using of course shea butter and mixing in about a tablespoon of Hot Stixx Oil or it might be called Hot Six OIL but that bottle has about every oil you can think of all in one bottle! Just make sure you deep condition your hair every time you wash it..and pay attention to keeping your hair conditioned and moisturized..I hope this helps!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 1st June 2010, 5:50 pm

@curlyChefRobin i just changed my name from overactive it was too long lol.. but the leave in from apogee is called a pro-vitamin and i have noticed it dries my hair out..i just stopped using it and started using Giovanni Direct leave in and my hair is in love with it! That was just recently about 2 days ago!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next