CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 5 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by Ebbz 26th June 2010, 2:24 am

Has anyone ever tried scrunching their hair even though most of it is relaxed? I saw some tutorials about this on youtube and I want to try it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by meka_g 26th June 2010, 1:18 pm

Hi ladies,
I've been thinking about going natural since I was in the 10th grade so I knew I would do it one day I just didn't know when. I started getting my hair pressed when I was four and I started getting relaxers when I was six so I have no idea what my hair will look like. I finally decided in January of this year that I was serious about learning what I need to do to go natural [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I got my last relaxer on April 16 (one day after my bday). So far I'm having a pretty good experience. I'm trying to come up with a regimen without becoming a pj. As far as styling I set my hair with curlformers or i wear buns and I also wear an afro puff ponytail that I bought from the bss. I tried a roller set and silk wrap but I didn't like the results at all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Maybe I'll try it again a few months down the the road with a flat iron but I'm trying to avoid direct heat as much as possible. So thats the condensed version of my story. Good luck ladies and stay strong! We can do this!
meka_g
meka_g

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 26th June 2010, 3:07 pm

Hi Meka [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When do you plan to BC?

My last relaxer was on the 13th. I think you are the first person that I have seen on here with a date so close to mine. I have no idea what my hair will look like either because I started getting relaxers at age 4. I'm trying hard not to become a PJ but when I see reviews on products and ppl talk about how much they love them, it just makes me want to go out and buy so I can see if I get the same results. I usually wear my hair in bantu knot outs and buns. I've been thinking about an afro puff though. I might buy one soon.

Good luck with your transition!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by meka_g 27th June 2010, 1:09 am

Thanks Ebbz,
I think i'm going to bc sometime in May next year. When do you plan to bc?
meka_g
meka_g

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyCentered 27th June 2010, 3:13 am

My last relaxer was in April 2010, right before Easter. When I come to this website and look at all the beautiful hair types and styles on all these different women, I am so inspired and I cannot wait for my hair to grow! Right now, it's summer, so I have sengale twist in my hair right now, only so I don't have to deal with my hair over the summer. Going to the pool, going to the beach, humidity, and rain is very common in my summerlife, and because I'm transitioning my hair will not look good if I keep washing, conditioning, and heating it ti a style everytime I get in water. I'm 2 months in now, and this is more of a patience challenge than anything else. I just want my hair to hurry up and grow!
Does anyone have advice on how to stay patient or things that will guarantee your hair to grow quicker?
BeautifullyCentered
BeautifullyCentered

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 27th June 2010, 7:36 am

BeautifullyCentered wrote:My last relaxer was in April 2010, right before Easter. When I come to this website and look at all the beautiful hair types and styles on all these different women, I am so inspired and I cannot wait for my hair to grow! Right now, it's summer, so I have sengale twist in my hair right now, only so I don't have to deal with my hair over the summer. Going to the pool, going to the beach, humidity, and rain is very common in my summerlife, and because I'm transitioning my hair will not look good if I keep washing, conditioning, and heating it ti a style everytime I get in water. I'm 2 months in now, and this is more of a patience challenge than anything else. I just want my hair to hurry up and grow!
Does anyone have advice on how to stay patient or things that will guarantee your hair to grow quicker?

Just keep looking at natural hair boards and blogs for inspiration. Also, when I was transitioning, I'd use headbands and scarves to give my hair a rest. Rollersets are also a good style. Oh and blogging does make the time seem like it's going faster. Very Happy
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 27th June 2010, 3:43 pm

Hi Ladies. I'm so happy to hear about everyone's progress.

Just wanted to report that I have encouraged my sister-in-law to go natural as well. There are so many sisters embracing their roots and I love it.

BTW, I am at the 3-month mark now. Are you guys moving to the 3 month blog or sticking it out where we started?? TTYL ladies.

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 27th June 2010, 6:38 pm

Do we count a month as 4 weeks? Or do you count okay I got my last relaxer Spet 10th, so one month is october 10th? How does it work? I have gone 36 weeks, so I call that 8 months. Am I wong?

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyCentered 27th June 2010, 11:13 pm

Oh okay I see,
It's just this is my first time getting senegale twist or any type of weave in my hair for that matter. And the senegale twist will also help me keep track of my new growth (as the braids grow out I will be able to measure how much new growth I have). I've had the senegale twist for about 6 weeks, and now Im ready to take them out looking at these other beautiful, curly heads and they're supposed to last at least 3 months!
This transitioning is testing my patience more than anything, and Im soooo ready for my hair to just GROW! Lol
BeautifullyCentered
BeautifullyCentered

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 28th June 2010, 3:21 pm

I count using the date.

I plan to BC at the end of the year, but it may come sooner than that. I can see some coils forming in my head and I am in love !
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyCentered 28th June 2010, 4:41 pm

Thats good,
I dont know the exact date, I just remember April.
But my hair grows quickly, and a friend of mine is going natural to, and she told me to do my BC right before the New Year, so that way my natural hair will have grown and I will have a nice new look for 2011.
BeautifullyCentered
BeautifullyCentered

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 5 Empty So ready for the BC

Post by nnlathan 28th June 2010, 10:05 pm

I might bc earlier than planned. I'm not use to doing my own hair and the two textures are driving me crazy. I've tried braids didn't like it. Bought a wig and it's too hot. So I'm thinking go ahead chop it. Can anyone share with how do I get curly fro. Is a texturizer is used?

nnlathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlienurse 28th June 2010, 10:27 pm

I just washed my hair today (I am at 3 months, 2 days) and it seems the growth has picked up the pace - maybe because the hair is getting more and more healthy. Maybe the transition won't take as long as I thought.

Anyone with a similar experience???

Curlienurse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 29th June 2010, 2:40 am

nnlathan wrote:I might bc earlier than planned. I'm not use to doing my own hair and the two textures are driving me crazy. I've tried braids didn't like it. Bought a wig and it's too hot. So I'm thinking go ahead chop it. Can anyone share with how do I get curly fro. Is a texturizer is used?

If you use a texturizer, you're not considered "natural" anymore because thats a chemical. To get a curly fro I just do a bantu knot out but I two strand twist my hair before I put it into the knots. Or you can do a rollerset on perm rods.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 29th June 2010, 2:43 am

Curlienurse wrote:I just washed my hair today (I am at 3 months, 2 days) and it seems the growth has picked up the pace - maybe because the hair is getting more and more healthy. Maybe the transition won't take as long as I thought.

Anyone with a similar experience???

Mine hasn't really picked up pace, but it is growing faster than I thought it would. I'm not as far along as you are though.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 29th June 2010, 2:44 am

BeautifullyCentered wrote:Thats good,
I dont know the exact date, I just remember April.
But my hair grows quickly, and a friend of mine is going natural to, and she told me to do my BC right before the New Year, so that way my natural hair will have grown and I will have a nice new look for 2011.

I like the idea because I want a fresh, new start for the new year.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 29th June 2010, 1:41 pm

Can someone veify something for me. When people say Aloe Vera Gel, is this the same gel that one would use for skin burns??? Is this it??? Can this be used to hold edges down, r would you recommend something else. (I could use a scarf overnight, but they rarely stay on) I need a quick fix hold for in the morn.

Thanks, ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 29th June 2010, 2:38 pm

I've seen alot of naturals use it to make their curls pop and for moisture, so idk how good it would be for hold, but most of the time, they are talking about that gel or any 100% aloe vera gel. I've never seen it in a store though.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashima 30th June 2010, 1:29 pm

@ Curlinurse: It has been 3 months and 2 weeks for me. I too find that the pace of my hair growth has picked up. I believe my hair realizes that chemicals will not be harming it anymore. Also I feel since not using anymore heat directly on my scalp and hair help. Also being able to wash my scalp more than just once a week or every two weeks is making a difference.
Ladies, what is a little worrisome is that now when I wash my hair I noticed that the relaxed hair has some of the curly hair attached to it. Is anyone experiencing this as well? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also we all seem to have built a network here. As Curlinurse has asked do we want to move on or just remain here as support network?

Ashima

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th June 2010, 5:50 pm

My hair sheds daily but I've have yet to experience any of the new growth being attached to it. Just the relaxed hair. But from what I have read on the forum....I believe that's normal as long as it is not a lot of hair.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by naychirgurl 30th June 2010, 6:05 pm

Hello Ladies!

I'm newly transitioning myself. My last perm was April 16, 2010 (to be exact). I've been doing twist-outs and roller sets. It feels so good not to have to worry about sweating my hair back in the summer heat! I'm truly loving the fact that I stopped being afraid and took the step to go natural. I will be doing the long transition (at least 18 months). I also henna my hair because I have a mufasa mane of grey and it's all through my hair, as well. My biggest problem right now is the tangling (which makes me truly understand why people BC so soon)! I guess I'm not using enough conditioner when I wet-comb/brush. My current products are the Giovanni crew: shampoo, conditioner, and direct leave-in. I also use a mix of almond oil/jojoba oil/rosemary oil/water to spritz my hair. And also shea butter to help with the twist-outs. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help anyone. Happy Transitioning! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naychirgurl
naychirgurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 30th June 2010, 6:30 pm

I am amazed. I co washed my hair last night and ended that with an ACV rinse, then I rinsed that out and sprtzed my hair with a olive oil and water mix. My hair is BABY SOFT today. In all my years, I can never remember my hair being this smooth and soft, I'm talking even my damaged ends are smooth. This will make them much easier to trim tonight. I also used about a quarter sized amount of Aloe Vera gel today and it does lay down m edges well.
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th June 2010, 10:03 pm

naychirgurl wrote:Hello Ladies!

I'm newly transitioning myself. My last perm was April 16, 2010 (to be exact). I've been doing twist-outs and roller sets. It feels so good not to have to worry about sweating my hair back in the summer heat! I'm truly loving the fact that I stopped being afraid and took the step to go natural. I will be doing the long transition (at least 18 months). I also henna my hair because I have a mufasa mane of grey and it's all through my hair, as well. My biggest problem right now is the tangling (which makes me truly understand why people BC so soon)! I guess I'm not using enough conditioner when I wet-comb/brush. My current products are the Giovanni crew: shampoo, conditioner, and direct leave-in. I also use a mix of almond oil/jojoba oil/rosemary oil/water to spritz my hair. And also shea butter to help with the twist-outs. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help anyone. Happy Transitioning! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Detangle your hair in sections. After combing through each section, braid it our twist it up so keep it from getting tangled again. Hope that helps Smile
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th June 2010, 10:06 pm

Naturally Zee wrote:I am amazed. I co washed my hair last night and ended that with an ACV rinse, then I rinsed that out and sprtzed my hair with a olive oil and water mix. My hair is BABY SOFT today. In all my years, I can never remember my hair being this smooth and soft, I'm talking even my damaged ends are smooth. This will make them much easier to trim tonight. I also used about a quarter sized amount of Aloe Vera gel today and it does lay down m edges well.

You are not alone. I pre-pooed, washed and conditioned my hair last night and did a bantu knot out. I only used about a nickel sized amount of Suave Humectant conditioner and Hawaiian Silky 14n1 before I did my bantu knots and when I took them out this morning, my hair was the softest is has ever been! I really think it had something to do with the Suave Humectant because that was my first time using it as rinse out and a leave in. But I will definitely be doing that from now on.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShedaG 1st July 2010, 12:15 am

Hey Ladies! My last relaxer was on April 23,2010 and I'm going for the big chop this Friday. My total length is about 4 inches with only about 1 inch of newgrowth. My initial plan was to grow it out and cut the relaxed hair but now I'm ready to just get all of the relaxed hair gone so I can begin my journey. I'm new to the site and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ShedaG
ShedaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next