CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Months Post Relaxer

+64
purplec18
ginarochelle
AsiahKinks
SuzetteNC
Mocha27
jazzwife
naturallyconfused
teenatty
SweetieOne
NaturallyMissC
SoontobeNaturally
MrsJones
Inwiththenatural
gettinback2myroots
Rudo'sKinks
Stephy0306
queensistahgroove
juhel
In Transition
TickleMeCuRliE
Rissi
missjynnb
cyclingchick
MS. FAJA
chynadoll8799
AriChai
BeautifullyNapptural
DannyCurl
NaturalNiecy
ShedaG
naychirgurl
Naturally Zee
krys419
AshElleAye
BeautifullyCentered
meka_g
CrissyQ
lmw1950red
nnlathan
Amy V.
NaturaMeTricie
aimin 2b aunautrale
krissyc39
Vanisia3G
PEARLINE
Ebbz
CurlySha
NaturallyEverAfter
Preciousp
c0urtn3ylove
loswife
cdionea
CurlyChefRobin
Yanibear
Curlienurse
DivaBee
JossBella
Soon2Bcurly20
sophisticatedbeauty
Mom2KurlyT
jadore04
Ashima
MaNesha
*CurlyNikki*
68 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 9 Empty Re: 2 Months Post Relaxer

Post by NaturallyMissC 28th November 2010, 7:25 pm

MaNesha wrote:I just started transitioning about a month ago. I am transitioning from a short Rhianna hair cut and now I wish I would've made this decision before I decided to get a cut because it's getting hard to handle. However, I am not going to give up. I'm so tired of my scalp buring, tired of running in from the rain , not being able to go work our regularly....my hair has more control over my life than I do, how sad is that? I do not think I'm going to transition for a long time. I want to have enough new growth to rock my TWA and let it be. Naturally I am scared, but not enough to quit my journey. I figure my mid July I should have enough to get my TWA started.

Wish me luck...pics coming soon!

THANKS FOR THIS WEBSITE IT HAS BEEN SO ENCOURAGING AND A GREAT SOURCE OF INFO!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I LOVE this because we are in the same boat! I also had a full head before I chopped it into a Rihanna-like style. Shaved head back and all. I wish i hadent because I'm so impulsive, I want beautiful natural locs now lol. I am 2 months post relaxer. I don't necessarily have to do the "big chop" I can try natural weaves! I have heard that Bohemian Bohyme hair is a great transitioning option if you don't want to keep your hair short. It's a kinky soft natural texture. Human hair of course. A bit expensive but lasts long. You can find it in most hair stores and online (I found it on Amazon and Golden Mart Beauty Supply) Hope this helps, we're in this journey together! Smile

NaturallyMissC

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetieOne 28th November 2010, 11:06 pm

so i m coming up on my two months post relaxer and im so anxious to see my natural hair again. yes again, this is my second time transitioning, the first time i went 10 months i kept getting blow outs. Then i decided to wash it myself took me 4 hours to wash, blow dry, and flat iron and i had a short cut (im addicted to cutting my hair), i cried and went and got a relaxer. But thanks to curlynikki now i know howto take care of it and style it, so now i cant wait *doing the happy dance* woot!

p.s my profile picture is after i started relaxing again, its after my first relaxer it had some curls when i wet it, which i LOVED...
SweetieOne
SweetieOne

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 9 Empty Natural Again!!!!

Post by teenatty 1st December 2010, 4:35 pm

[Hello All I am new to this wesite. Call me Tee ... teenatty Lol. I just started trasitioning and it will be two months very soon. I had a doobie that was a couple of inches past my mouth. It was great but I always wanted to go natural AGain.
I tried it when I was 18 and I did it for a year and a half wearing braids and two strand twists. I didnt want to perm it but I did just because my patience wasnt that good back then. Now ten years later I am doing this natural thing and its definantly going to last. I have cut off about two to three inches of my hair. I am wearing my hair braided in plaits under my wig. I am giving myself treatments every week also. I was thinking about doing a BC but decided to just cut the hair gradually. I was wondering is anyone going to do Sisterlocs? I am !!! Not yet I need at least three inches of new growth first. Very Happy
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

Post by teenatty 2nd December 2010, 2:05 pm

Ok So as you can see I did the BC. Myself. I feel good though. I am not going to loc my hair just let it grow natural and healthy!!
teenatty
teenatty

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 9 Empty Major Breakage !

Post by naturallyconfused 14th December 2010, 6:52 pm

I've recently decided to go natural, my last relaxer was sometime mid september early october.
I have been noticing lots and LOTS of shedding & breakage of my hair lately. When i wash, it seems that my ends are just breaking off. and not to mention the tangling! I deep condition EVERY time i wash. I'm guessing the breakage is of the relaxed portions of my hair. I REFUSE to do a BC, so i'm transisitioning until i get the desired length before i cut off all my relaxed ends... what to do?! No

naturallyconfused

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 20th December 2010, 3:20 pm

Hey @naturallyconfused, I am not sure if you've put your question up elsewhere or got a response, but I just came across it. I am sorry you're having such a difficult time so far. There are just a few questions and/or considerations I would have? 1) Have you been doing protein treatments to strengthen your hair? Maybe protein would help. Some people are protein sensitive, so that's the other side of the coin to consider. 2) You've been at this for a while, are you using all the tips for being gentle with your hair? (eg. wide tooth comb, oil w/ conditioner for added slip while detangling, just shampooing the scalp and not the strands). Kimmaytube on youtube has a really popular video that many transitioners/naturals swear by for washing and detangling their hair, her method may offer tips that you may not have considered before.

Many ladies try things like pre-pooing (oil/conditioner application prior to washing), oil rinsing (oil application mid wash) that help with detangling also.

Please let me know what you have tried and if anything has helped! pale
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th December 2010, 7:31 pm

naturallyconfused wrote:I've recently decided to go natural, my last relaxer was sometime mid september early october.
I have been noticing lots and LOTS of shedding & breakage of my hair lately. When i wash, it seems that my ends are just breaking off. and not to mention the tangling! I deep condition EVERY time i wash. I'm guessing the breakage is of the relaxed portions of my hair. I REFUSE to do a BC, so i'm transisitioning until i get the desired length before i cut off all my relaxed ends... what to do?! No

I transitioned for 3 months so I feel your pain. I had shedding and breakage too. Keep your hair well moisturized at all times and be very gentle with it. Put it in styles that don't require lots of manipulation so that you can grow it out as long as you can without BCing since you don't want to.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 9 Empty Time Commitment and Praticality

Post by Mocha27 27th December 2010, 2:17 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'm in the same situation as Naturally Confused. I'm a very busy professional and have relied on my hair stylist to care for my locks with a regular appointment every two weeks. She's natural. I've been relaxing for the past 40 (yes 40) years! Honestly...the time it seems to take to develop and carry out your own regimen seems intense and my 60 plus hour work week scares me. I can't afford not to look "together" at my job. Can my stylist take care of my washing, deep conditioning, roller setting, etc. each week and I do the daily maintenance (silk scarf, etc.)? Just trying to see if I can realistically manage this...I would love to have naturally curly hair instead of getting it straightened then trying to curl it (which seems really stupid!) Please don't tell me time has to be made....can't make time...there are only 24 hours in the day and in this economy, I can't afford to reduce hours on the job for personal needs. Thanks MUCH ladies! I so appreciate this site!

jazzwife wrote:Hey @naturallyconfused, I am not sure if you've put your question up elsewhere or got a response, but I just came across it. I am sorry you're having such a difficult time so far. There are just a few questions and/or considerations I would have? 1) Have you been doing protein treatments to strengthen your hair? Maybe protein would help. Some people are protein sensitive, so that's the other side of the coin to consider. 2) You've been at this for a while, are you using all the tips for being gentle with your hair? (eg. wide tooth comb, oil w/ conditioner for added slip while detangling, just shampooing the scalp and not the strands). Kimmaytube on youtube has a really popular video that many transitioners/naturals swear by for washing and detangling their hair, her method may offer tips that you may not have considered before.

Many ladies try things like pre-pooing (oil/conditioner application prior to washing), oil rinsing (oil application mid wash) that help with detangling also.

Please let me know what you have tried and if anything has helped! pale

Mocha27

Back to top Go down

2 Months Post Relaxer - Page 9 Empty 7 weeks post relaxer

Post by SuzetteNC 28th December 2010, 11:14 pm

Wow I am in the same boat as every one else. I am currently 7 weeks post relaxer and like everyone else is noticing A LOT of shedding and breakage. What to use to ensure my hair is moisturized? Thanks!!!

SuzetteNC

Back to top Go down

Post by AsiahKinks 11th February 2011, 3:43 am

i see the last time anybody wrote on this is last year ha ha ha... I am 9 weeks post... breakage but not a lot! Im just scared that I will give up and I really don't want to Sad .. we will see what happens in the summer!

AsiahKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by ginarochelle 24th February 2011, 2:45 pm

So it's been awhile since anyone has posted on this thread..but oh well!!! I am celebrating 2 months post-relaxer!! I usually get a relaxer every 6 weeks or so, so I feel I've gotten over the hurdle. It's been quite a fun journey thus far. I thought that by now I would be pullling my hair out literally. But thanks to CurlyNikki and her wonderful followers..I have learned so much. I decided while I was in the chair getting my last relaxer that I was so done with that process. The cycle of my hair growing for six weeks or so and then getting a relaxer, then having to chop a couple of inches off because of breakage. Creating the illusion that my hair didn't grow. So it hit me, why do I relax my hair? I didn't really know. Why did I feel that my child at 8 years old needed to have her hair relaxed when she began school. I didn't know. It was just what my family did. But I began to notice how her thick locks were become thin and breaking at the nape just like mine. NO!! So I began my transition and decided I would transition for a year to figure things out..then transition her. But when it was time for her to go to the salon..I couldn't do it. I had changed my mindset, so I couldn't bare taking her back now knowing the damage I was causing. So I explained to her the process and she was all for it. After all her 3 year old sister is natural..so lets do it!! Our hair has never been healthier. Even my 3 year olds hair is growing because I'm also learning how to take care of it. (she's also our guniea pig)..I plan to transition til the summer June 2011, but I'm anxious about these curls that are popping up at the nape(I,ve already cut the relaxed off at the nape) and edges(oooh I have edges!!!) Well happy transitioning ladies!!
ginarochelle
ginarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 24th February 2011, 6:02 pm

As of feburary 20th it has been 2 months since my last relaxer...woo-hoo...this is my last and 4th time transitioning... i transitioned for 10 months until decemeber and then permed... i usually perm my hair every 3 months....it's not that i don't like my natural hair or anything like that...i love my natural hair...it's just peer pressure really takes it toll on me...so i just pray that i stay strong and focus on what's best for me...! congratulations ladies i wish you all the best
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by jAmbre 27th February 2011, 1:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My first braid-out!

In all honesty, my hair closely resembles my natural texture (or, at least what it looked like when I went natural the first time). I love the way it looks and I can't wait until I get to the point where braid-outs won't be necessary Very Happy

As for the health of my hair, I too have noticed some increased shedding, but it comes with the territory. When I'm not rocking a braid-out, I have extensions braided into my hair in a bun for work/school. I've received a lot of compliments and support, which really helps me stay motivated to continue the transition. In short: so far, so good.

Last edited by jAmbre on 27th February 2011, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaboration)
jAmbre
jAmbre

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 1st March 2011, 1:24 pm

Hello ladies:
As of 8 March (give or take a day or two) I'll be 2 months post relaxer, with the majority of my hair still relaxed (as you can see in my pic). I was trying to wait until 11 March to do my BC/MC, but I can't take it anymore ... I've actually started to despise the relaxed hair (the complete opposite of when I was relaxed when I couldn't wait to straighten my natural hair). Having said that, I've moved my date up one week to this Friday and I couldn't be more estatic!! dance It's really about time ... I'm ready. Smile

What's funny is, I've been kind of "prepping" my coworkers for my BC/MC ... I don't want to scare the clear people, so when I show up on Monday, they'll already have an idea that there will be a major change in my appearance, for the better in my opinion! In the end, it doesn't matter what they say or think (especially if it's not positive) for it is my hair to do whatever I wish. Get with it or get on. Too easy!!

Let me tell you all about what I encountered this morning ...
So, I was looking at Rene Syler's pics on CN.com and a lady (who just got here, not quite part of the team) walked by and said, "WHAT is that??!!" Evil or Very Mad To which I replied, "What is WHAT?!" She again, "THAT?" (pointing to my monitor). I said (as calmly as I could 'cause I heard what she said and I wasn't liking her tone), "That's Rene Syler ... isn't she gorgeous?" She said, "Ooh, her hair ... looks like my niece's - we call her Chaka Khan ..." I said, "Well, she must be a GORGEOUS little girl with a head full of GORGEOUS hair ... right?!" I gave her the *eye* ... She retracts, "Oh yes ... it's beautiful, I WISH I had hair like that. I don't know why people with curly hair hate their hair, I only wish..." I replied, "Who says they hate their hair ...? If your niece is teased about her hair because people are ignorant then she's not the one hating!"

Child please!! How DARE she?! Thank goodness I have a strong backbone, thick skin, self-confidence, and a quick tongue to boot ... Oh, and a bit of home training, 'cause I wanted to go clean off on that chick, but I didn't ... I would've looked like just another angry Black woman. So, instead, I allowed her to look like just another ignorant clear woman!

~NeeC1

Last edited by NeeC1 on 1st March 2011, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by ginarochelle 1st March 2011, 5:41 pm

@NeeC1, we are in the same boat..I just made 2 months post yesterday and I am so ready to BC. Since my hair was tapered in the back, there is was more "natural" hair back there than relaxed. So I got scissor happy and cut the little limp relaxed ends off. I have been having fun playing with the little curls!! I am so anxious to just BC. I've decided to get braids this weekend to keep me from cutting too soon. I'm trying to hold out three months, which will be my Summer Break!! I teach middle school and it will be too much of a distraction!! Besides, middle school girls are heartless..and I cannot have any bad hair days!!

Good luck on your BC and post lots of pics please!!!
ginarochelle
ginarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 1st March 2011, 5:50 pm

@ginarochelle -
Oh yes, being a middle school teacher I can only imagine the distraction it could be to not only your students, but the faculty and staff, too!! (LOL) I think I'm experiencing all the "right" things I need to experience to let me know that the BC is on the horizon. No turning back. I mean, it's crazy ... I'll try to visualize my head in the mirror with curlies all over. It's bad, when I shower (because the back and sides of head are natural) I wet my hair just so I feel the curls roll up! Very Happy Silly, I know ... but, again, I'm ready. I start a new job on the 21st, so this a GREAT time for me to do it ... start anew! I'm excited. I'll certainly post pics at the earliest opportunity I get! Thanks!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by kmichele 3rd March 2011, 12:45 am

Hello All,

I had my last relaxer in January and I do not plan to retouch. I know this is what I want to do because I want to have hair options and no longer want to be a victim to only relaxed hair. I do not plan to do the Big Chop. We have to stick together because I know it will nor be easy.

kmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by brooksa2003 5th March 2011, 9:43 am

Good morning ladies!

This doesn't have much to do w/ transitioning, but we're helping each other and keeping each other posted, right?

First off, the roller set was a hit on my short hair!woot! Everyone loved it and I got compliments everyday. I added hair accessories to jazz it up more. I just washed it out last night after a week

Anyway,I tried some new products and mixtures last night. The SO FINE blog may have changed my life lol. I was getting really frustrated w/ my hair being so dry after I washed, conditioned, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc. After reading Cassidy's post about porosity, I wasn't about to wait until her next one to know how to remedy it. So I went to her blog and read what she uses. I bought sample sizes of Komaza Care's Olive Moisture Mask and Shea Butter Hair Lotion. Also decided to try the kimmaytube leave in mixture using Giovanni Direct Leave in. I used my QP wrap foam to roller set my hair again.

Y'ALL!! My hair felt so soft the whole time! My arm was burning rolling my hair for the first time lol This morning taking the rollers out, my hair is STILL soft. These products are definitely apart of my line up now Smile

@ NeeC1: I feel you girl. I had to keep rewetting my hair because I was fascinated w/ my hair's texture. I would see a coil and take a picture of it lol! I'm not ready for the BC just yet, but I'm excited! If you do, post a pic!!

brooksa2003

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 5th March 2011, 8:16 pm

Well ladies:
I can proudly say that I'm no longer a transitioner!! cheers I did my BC yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. I went to bed feeling good about my cut, but woke up feeling GREAT about it! I even cut a little bit more than my stylist did in the front - she was terrified to cut it. She was concerned that I wouldn't feel girly enough (child please, I'm a tomboy with a capital T anyway), but I feel WAY more girly than I ever have - even as I'm wearing a t-shirt, jeans and sneaks! Talk about feeling FREE!! It's hard to explain, but just know that I'm beyond happy that I did it ... the ONLY regret I have is that I didn't do it earlier for me. Here's my VERY first post BC pic (no product on my hair) - not perfect, but me ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All I can say is, do it in your time, because YOUR time will be the RIGHT time! So ... now I can't WAIT to use all 439 products I've been hoarding! Laughing

Cheers!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9