CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Months Post Relaxer

+49
Jezebel
jamaican.beauty
shaun0822
MxdChic
StraightCurlz
legallybrunette
Ladybug83
JessiWantsCurls
NaturalMahogany
tpayne22
grateful07
Butterfly125
Stephy0306
minday83
CurlsofGlory
pretty,Pleaseee
Treece
may_C_love
Rissi
lananicole
Leta
simplyconfident
princesspoet
omgitsaj
choosemusic
willi77
LadyByars
jewanda
Naturally Zee
CurlySha
curlynista
tamekia_delux
Amy V.
Mom2KurlyT
sophisticatedbeauty
Janique
Soon2Bcurly20
DEE DUBB
Karameldiva1978
JossBella
CurlyChefRobin
jadore04
MaNesha
lolakinkz
erranicole
SoulfulSista
bholmes87
CrissyQ
*CurlyNikki*
53 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer Empty 3 Months Post Relaxer

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd April 2010, 2:18 pm

Post pics and tales of your hair 3 months post!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

3 Months Post Relaxer Empty Re: 3 Months Post Relaxer

Post by CrissyQ 23rd April 2010, 2:57 pm

last relaxer 1/19/2010, BC date was 3/17/10. I am loving and learning my hair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by RoseBud on 23rd April 2010, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 23rd April 2010, 7:36 pm

LOVELY picture Rose Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSista 23rd April 2010, 9:28 pm

I just did the big chop at exactly 3 months post relaxer and I'm so excited. So here are pics of me 3 months post relaxer. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SoulfulSista
SoulfulSista

http://www.soulfulsista.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd April 2010, 10:19 pm

SoulfulSista wrote:I just did the big chop at exactly 3 months post relaxer and I'm so excited. So here are pics of me 3 months post relaxer. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Those curls are nice
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulfulSista 23rd April 2010, 11:56 pm

Thanks Rosebud. So how are you loving the TWA? It looks good on you.
SoulfulSista
SoulfulSista

http://www.soulfulsista.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th April 2010, 10:39 am

SoulfulSista wrote:Thanks Rosebud. So how are you loving the TWA? It looks good on you.
I am loving it, howevre it is still new to me so i am still learning what she likes and what she does not like. I love the low maintence because i have always had long relaxed hair. How is it working for you?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by erranicole 31st May 2010, 6:50 pm

hey yall im so "NEW" to this forum! & i must say its great!! iam a transitnr and so xcited...and i have a question well i have a disorder known as PCOS A hormonal disorder that 1 of the side effects are that it messes with your hair and its growth...and my question is what can i do to improve the thickness & my edges of my hair?! sorry im not use 2 the hair talk (& sorry for making it so short) !! lol love u all ttyl !! smoochez!!
erranicole
erranicole

http://www.myspace.com/erranicole

Back to top Go down

Post by lolakinkz 5th June 2010, 3:28 am

Hey All,

Im new to this forum but the last time i relaxed any part of my hair was 3/1/10 so I just hit 3 months transitioning Smile. I was just wondering if any one else is @ the same time frame as me, I plan to BC in Sept. N E Ways ladies Happy Transitioning!!!!
lolakinkz
lolakinkz

https://www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaNesha 5th June 2010, 10:19 am

Hello Ladies!

I'm officially at 3 months. I've been hanging out in the 2 month forum, but it's time for me to join you all.

CrissyQ and SouldfulSistah you are my new inspiration! 1) Because I'm in Chicago (HEY CRISSY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !) And 2) I think I am SO READY to just get the BC and keep it movin'.

Lolakinz, I was thinking about getting my BC in September as well, but I don't think I'm gonna make it pass mid July. We'll see!!!

MaNesha

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 5th June 2010, 8:17 pm

Hey ladies.. I agree Manesha i want to BC so badly even though my head is so big lol but my mama is the only one that is telling me to keep pushing through... I really need to because my goal is about 6 inches of Natural before i cut it and i am no where near that lol but i am just so anxious!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by lolakinkz 5th June 2010, 9:13 pm

I feel yall on the anxiousness, will be putting my hair in Senegalese twist sometime soon so i don't have to see my hair lol. Hopefully that will help me. I cut 3 inches last time i washed so I need to put it away cause who knows what else I will do lol
lolakinkz
lolakinkz

https://www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 6th June 2010, 9:23 pm

Hello everyone! I'm officially 3 months into my transition and I'm loving my hair, even when it doesn't come out the way I want it to. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Jadore04 - I am so with you. I'm just at the 3 month mark yesterday!!! Yeah!!! I am itching to cut this relaxed stuff off but I'm waiting to try to have at least 6 inches of natural hair. The back is so short right now (due to breakage) though so I know I'm getting closer and closer to the BC.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 7th June 2010, 3:12 pm

@lolakinkz I am getting seneglese too! i am going to cut off about an inch this week and then get the twists in as soon as possible!

@CurlyChefRobin i am having breakage as well! and my hair broke off really bad the last relaxer i had especially in the back near my edges...they are still trying to grow in and its very uneven i just need an all around good hair cut!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 8th June 2010, 8:01 pm

I also plan on getting Senegalese twists! Don't feel like dealing with styling my hair too much and this humidity in the Midwest. I just tried Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat Shampoo and it made my hair feel like straw, even after I used a good moisturizing conditioner. I still have a lot of relaxed hair left so I just think this product is NOT for me. Glad I only bought a small sample bottle for like $2 at Target and not the big on. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe give it to my little sis. Anyone else have this experience with that shampoo? UGH!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 8th June 2010, 8:09 pm

@JossBella i heard from a couple people the shampoos aren't as great as the conditioners are...I didn't even bother pick up the shampoo or the tea tree conditioner...try the deep conditioner or the direct leave in.. the deep moisturize conditioner for me personally is WONDERFUL..it has a lot of slip for my relaxed hair. and my natural hair that is coming in seems to like it! Sorry for your bad experience with the shampoo!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th June 2010, 7:22 pm

MaNesha wrote:Hello Ladies!

I'm officially at 3 months. I've been hanging out in the 2 month forum, but it's time for me to join you all.

CrissyQ and SouldfulSistah you are my new inspiration! 1) Because I'm in Chicago (HEY CRISSY [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !) And 2) I think I am SO READY to just get the BC and keep it movin'.

Lolakinz, I was thinking about getting my BC in September as well, but I don't think I'm gonna make it pass mid July. We'll see!!!

hey MaNesha, welcome. I BC'd 2 months after my relaxer, and i went to a barber and he scalped me in the back. o well, life goes on right. take your time and do whats best for you. See you around.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 9th June 2010, 10:49 pm

erra_nicole wrote:hey yall im so "NEW" to this forum! & i must say its great!! iam a transitnr and so xcited...and i have a question well i have a disorder known as PCOS A hormonal disorder that 1 of the side effects are that it messes with your hair and its growth...and my question is what can i do to improve the thickness & my edges of my hair?! sorry im not use 2 the hair talk (& sorry for making it so short) !! lol love u all ttyl !! smoochez!!

Welcome to CurlyNikki! I've read a lot of good information on the benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil for thinning edges and overall thickness. I have actually just ordered a bottle from Sam's 24/7 because it can also help in accelerating growth.

Let me see if I can get a link for you.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472488&highlight=
This is a hair board challenge, but it has two articles about JBCO and its hair benefits, if you google it and read the reviews you will find that a lot of people have used it to thicken their edges and speed their growth.

Hope that helps!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 10th June 2010, 1:12 am

Just tried co-washing for the first time on Sunday and Monday afternoon my scalp was itching. I used HE HH. Anyone else have this problem?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 10th June 2010, 5:10 pm

I am 3 months post-relaxer, soon to be four next week. I am transitioning with a sew-in, and I plan to wear it no more than one year (of course 3 months at a time). My hair was ear length when I stopped relaxing, and I recently wore my first sew-in for 3 months and I took it out about 2 weeks ago. I currently have about 1.5 inches of new growth! And although I flat iron my roots about twice per week, they revert within hours. I pretty much tie it down with a silk scarf in order to keep it flatter...

I am so pleased to meet everyone!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th June 2010, 5:38 pm

Flat ironing will eventially distroy your curl pattern. Becareful with the heat, you dont want to cause damage to your new healthy hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 10th June 2010, 5:42 pm

Thanks Crissy Q! I know this, but it is so hard to find something else to do with my hair that is left out. Well, one thing is that I am not worried about my relaxed hair anymore so I flat iron that hair more than the new growth. I kinda leave my new growth poofy at the roots, and I just flat iron the relaxed hair. I don't know if that makes a difference?
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th June 2010, 6:08 pm

yes that makes since, i just dont want you to damage those lovely curls that you are going to have. How long do you plan on transitioning?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 10th June 2010, 6:18 pm

CrissyQ, I planned (notice the past tense) on transitioning for a year with sew ins. My last relaxer was February 2010. However, the sew ins are too expensive, although I really like them. Also, I don't do a full sew in, because I want it to blend better. The problem is that I flat iron my hair at least twice per week. Another problem is that I don't do anything to my hair that is not sewn in (but not flat ironed either). My "kitchen" Wink is completely natural, but since it is covered by weave most of the time, I don't do anything to it. I don't want to mess up the curl pattern by flat ironing it, but I do want to moisturize it! So, I am just a little confused.

The reason I said that I "planned" on transitioning with sew ins for a year is because I am just ready to chop it off and deal with it. I can't try all these fun styles with this sew in!

That said, I may BC earlier than expected. Maybe at 6 or 9 months Smile
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 10th June 2010, 6:24 pm

One more thing, CrissyQ, I noticed that this is your second time transitioning! It is my third attempt!

The first time was in 2001, I BC'd because of a bad haircut. I wore my TWA for a week, and I texturized. I actually loved that. Then I grew my hair back out, but then I relaxed again after I grew it out (total waste).

The second time was in June 2010. I went 4 months without a relaxer! But then I texturized again because it was summer time and I go to the gym a lot, so it was hard dealing with 2 textures.

This is my third time, and I am doing it because (1) my relaxer is interfering with my workouts (I am a hothead and my entire scalp gets soaking wet when I work out--I had to blow dry and flat iron 4x per week), and (2) I am getting sick of paying so much money for maintaining relaxed hair.

Being on this forum and having 2 natural "big sisters" (who also happen to be coworkers) helps me a LOT!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next